PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Wilson

El Tejano
10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
How many of you were as happy as me to see EW remember the Miami game from last year and finally take a knee after the interception?

JB
10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I had a big sigh of relief

Goatcheese
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
It was 4th down. He should have just knocked it to the ground and not taken any risk.

TimeKiller
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
It was 4th down anyway right? I'd just as soon see him smack it into the grass than INT it.

TimeKiller
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
it was 4th down. He should have just knocked it to the ground and not taken any risk.

get out of my head!!!!!!

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
2 weeks in a row our D went down, smartly, at the end of the game.

gtexan02
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
It was 4th down. He should have just knocked it to the ground and not taken any risk.

No way, didn't you see what happened in that Cinci/Denver game. Take the INT and secure the victory in your own hands

El Tejano
10-26-2009, 03:33 PM
As soon I saw that it was EW that had the ball I started screaming "Get Down!!! Get Down!!! Miami, Get Down!!!

HOU-TEX
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
My BP was high and my heart was pounding with anger up until Eugene picked that ball off to end their comeback.

Are we ever going to be a team that can keep the foot on the throat until the final whistle?

Our D got wussified in coverage and pass rush the 2nd half. Almost as bad as a prevent defense.

Tidbit: Dunta Robinson isn't anywhere near the CB he once was. Having to hold on to the 36 year old Bruce in order to keep up, seriously Dunta?

drewmar74
10-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Tidbit: Dunta Robinson isn't anywhere near the CB he once was. Having to hold on to the 36 year old Bruce in order to keep up, seriously Dunta?

Franchise tag working out for us on this one, methinks.

Goatcheese
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
No way, didn't you see what happened in that Cinci/Denver game. Take the INT and secure the victory in your own hands

I said knock it down. Not bat it up in the air like a crack addled retard. :cow:

There's a difference.

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Franchise tag working out for us on this one, methinks.

Pay OD, pay Ryans, and offer D-Rob what he's worth.

HOU-TEX
10-26-2009, 04:02 PM

An apple and a road map?

CloakNNNdagger
10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
My BP was high and my heart was pounding with anger up until Eugene picked that ball off to end their comeback.

Are we ever going to be a team that can keep the foot on the throat until the final whistle?

Our D got wussified in coverage and pass rush the 2nd half. Almost as bad as a prevent defense.

We kept playing all of our cards for the run, like for the other QB from the gang that couldn't shoot straight. The problem was that this QB could shoot straight..........and the coaches didn't change tactics (no decent rush from only a 4 man front and essentially no blitzing).

ArlingtonTexan
10-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I have no issue with a player securing or catching the ball as long as he goes to the ground at the sign of any danger. Wilson handled the play fine.

infantrycak
10-26-2009, 05:04 PM

I have no issue with a player securing or catching the ball as long as he goes to the ground at the sign of any danger. Wilson handled the play fine.

Exactly. You never criticize a guy making a pick. Just be smart afterwords and he was.

spurstexanstros
10-26-2009, 05:20 PM

I am this close to starting a pay OD thread. It would go like this.

PAY HIM NOW PAY HIM NOW PAY HIM NOW....

And where can I find his battle red jersey?

Mailman
10-26-2009, 05:23 PM

Agreed. The only player who deserves criticism on that play is Bernard Pollard. His unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was STUPID. He took a shot at the unsuspecting OL and laid him the F out when the guy was simply reaching out to touch Wilson to down him. Both Wilson and that lineman had given up on the play and Pollard just drilled him for no reason.

Video of the hit here (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009102502/2009/REG7/49ers@texans#tab:watch)

We're lucky it occurred after the play was over and didn't cost the defense.

Goatcheese
10-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Exactly. You never criticize a guy making a pick. Just be smart afterwords and he was.

You would be singing a different tune if he went for that pick and had it bounce off his hands and into the recievers.

Agreed. The only player who deserves criticism on that play is Bernard Pollard. His unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was STUPID. He took a shot at the unsuspecting OL and laid him the F out when the guy was simply reaching out to touch Wilson to down him. Both Wilson and that lineman had given up on the play and Pollard just drilled him for no reason.

Video of the hit here (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009102502/2009/REG7/49ers@texans#tab:watch)

We've been saying we want the Texans defense to play till the echo of the whistle; one does and you get on him for it?

If you're in the field of play you had best have your head on a swivel. If you don't want to get hit seek life elsewhere.

Hardcore Texan
10-26-2009, 06:30 PM

I was pretty mad about that. He has gotten away with a couple of questionable/last minute hits. I like the intensity, I like the mean streak but be smart and don't cost the team a penalty. Cushing has been REAL close on a couple of plays too.

Mailman
10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
You would be singing a different tune if he went for that pick and had it bounce off his hands and into the recievers.

We've been saying we want the Texans defense to play till the echo of the whistle; one does and you get on him for it?

If you're in the field of play you had best have your head on a swivel. If you don't want to get hit seek life elsewhere.

This is absurd. Both Wilson and the OL had given up on the play. Wilson signaled his intent by going on the ground and the lineman stopped running, casually reaching down with his hand to touch Wilson and end the play. Pollard slowed up, then took an unnecessary cheap shot on the poor guy. Yeah he should've been on guard, but there's a reason the ref threw the flag. It was a textbook example of unnecessary roughness.

And please don't give me any this "football's a blood sport" bs. That was a stupid play. I am loving what I've seen out of Pollard thus far, but that doesn't mean I have to love that play. I don't.

infantrycak
10-26-2009, 06:35 PM

Not at all. Batting a ball is almost as unpredictable and there is a tradeoff on having the ball v. them having the ball. If you have a chance at a turnover, you take it every time. You always want possession of the ball.

TimeKiller
10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Not at all. Batting a ball is almost as unpredictable and there is a tradeoff on having the ball v. them having the ball. If you have a chance at a turnover, you take it every time. You always want possession of the ball.

It was 4th down, possession would've changed regardless. Slam that ball into the ground.

infantrycak
10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
It was 4th down, possession would've changed regardless. Slam that ball into the ground.

I understand that. 99% of the time if you try to catch the ball and fail, it goes to the ground. I just don't see this being a valid criticism. DB's are taught to intercept the ball. They aren't hanging around for the 1 in 1000 times in their career it is 4th down at the end of the game in a position to bat rather than catch. Catch the damn ball and he did. This is nitpicking gone wild.

Mailman
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/09photogallery/Season/2009-10-25-49ers-Texans/4thQuarter/DSC_1424.JPG

:texflag:

Goatcheese
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfY-aXGcBY&feature=related

imatexan
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM

You go for the INT.

Regardless, if you are a player you are taught your entire life to catch the ball, I am sure he did not even have time to analyze if he should catch or knock down the ball.

TimeKiller
10-27-2009, 08:34 AM
I understand that. 99% of the time if you try to catch the ball and fail, it goes to the ground. I just don't see this being a valid criticism. DB's are taught to intercept the ball. They aren't hanging around for the 1 in 1000 times in their career it is 4th down at the end of the game in a position to bat rather than catch. Catch the damn ball and he did. This is nitpicking gone wild.

Ok....Texans are masters at new ways to blow it. Wilson did nothing but pad his stats and keep the game alive. Both incorrect for the situation. I'd rather get labeled a picker of nits than witness the once a career bobble to a reciever who catches it and runs for a TD.

TimeKiller
10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
You go for the INT.

Regardless, if you are a player you are taught your entire life to catch the ball, I am sure he did not even have time to analyze if he should catch or knock down the ball.

It had been 4th down for that whole play. If he wasn't thinking about the situation before the play happened then I guess I just lost a whole boatload of respect for Wilson.

End the game. Ball=ground.

El Tejano
10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Well either way, when he made the int. he then made the right decision.