PDA

View Full Version : Why is Jake Delhomme still starting?

Wolf
10-25-2009, 07:56 PM
If I recall he has 4 td's this season and 13 INTs after today's game.
with a 55-56 percent QB rating
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4555

Is John Fox that stubborn or is AJ Feeley that bad that Carolina doesn't have any confidence in him?

mexican_texan
10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Not only that, he got a big contract extension after that performance against the Cardinals.

kastofsna
10-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Fox is very stubborn. he's made some comments in pressers this year that make me think he just a huge in for the guy for whatever reason and will ride him till they both lose their jobs this season.

Second Honeymoon
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Losing to Buffalo at home is an embarassment to the organization.

Fox may be the first coach to be fired. Cable is the wildcard, you never know what Al is going to do in Oakland. Zorn and Phillips have both been given the rest of the year to save their jobs. Fisher doesn't deserve to be fired for having a bad sense of humor, and for better or worse, Kubiak's job should be safe barring a complete collapse by the Texans and if we can finish the season 9-7 or better, he probably deserves another year as long as he is willing to adapt his system to our talent and not the other way around.

The Panthers are so bad this year. In some games they have been non-competitive and that hasn't been the case under most Fox teams. DelHomme is a big part of that struggle. I really think they need to at least give someone else a chance to start and let Jake take a step back and try and gather himself to try and prove that he is still a decent starter.

Their defense is also a reason they are struggling. It hasn't been up to par with recent Panthers squads, but at the end of the day the QB gets the blame and in this case deservedly so. Jake has to rally this team and he has failed to do so. Maybe they just tank the season and try and get one of the QBs in this draft. There is a lot of talent coming out this year at the QB position.

Who knows? This has been a wierd year and just OT, did anyone else watch the Saints @ Dolphins game today during the final minutes of the game? The league needs to take a look at those referees. The last 5 minutes of that game had some of the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life as a football fan. It seemed the refs had an agenda in other games as well. I am not a gambler, so its not like I got hosed or reemed and am bitter. Just as a football fan, some of the officiating today was utterly pathetic and could have been on purpose.

kastofsna
10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
panthers defense was good today. the problem was the idiotic coaching. they had close to 300 yards rushing the ball last week against the Bucs. this week, they face the Bills, the #32 team against the run, who also is leading the league in interceptions. so, of course, they throw the ball close to 50 times. with a quarterback who's on pace for 35 INT's this year.

insane. no excuses there.

edo783
10-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Pictures and sheep guys, pictures and sheep.

bah007
10-26-2009, 12:19 AM
They should just run every play out of the Wildcat with Williams, Stewart, and Goodson back there.

Sure it's predictable and they probably wouldn't score very much. But I bet they wouldn't turn it over as much either. Get the ball into the hands of your best players.

infantrycak
10-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Pictures and sheep guys, pictures and sheep.

Pictures of a guy and sheep:

http://www.ltlf.co.uk/derby/man_with_sheep.jpg

http://phoenixcsc.com/image/BigEckShaggingSheep.jpg

Gotta have a throw down sheep though.

SF49erFaithful
10-26-2009, 03:42 AM
I'm not complaining.

Blake
10-26-2009, 07:31 AM
$$$. He just got paid, and im sure they org wants to get their money's worth. I dont know what happened to him. He used to be a decent QB.

HOU-TEX
10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Not only that, he got a big contract extension after that performance against the Cardinals.

Ha, pretty sad, huh? The dude throws 5 picks in a playoff game and the organization throws all kinds of money at him.

:hmmm: Sounds eerily familiar now that I think about it.

kastofsna
10-28-2009, 08:36 AM
the saddest thing i've ever seen:

http://i37.tinypic.com/34ezskn.jpg