PDA

View Full Version : And where the hell is Ryan Moats?

Marcus
10-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Where is he? He's been productive any time he's touched the ball.

I'm not very happy with Slaton right now. I know the blocking sucks, but he's still coughing up the ball.

I can't believe I'm doing this much venting after a win.

mariowillshine15
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Where is he? He's been productive any time he's touched the ball.

I'm not very happy with Slaton right now. I know the blocking sucks, but he's still coughing up the ball.

I can't believe I'm doing this much venting after a win.

Ask the coach holding the Denny's menu.

He probably cant tell you why Moats wasnt playing but im sure he could tell you every combination of Grand Slam you can have.

Marcus
10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I know it might come as an extreme shock to you, but pretty much every HC in the league carries a Denny's menu these days.

:rolleyes:

m5kwatts
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Moats is 3rd on the depth chart behind Slaton and Brown

Brown was very effective running today and gives you better north-south running than Slaton

gtexan02
10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Slaton had 2 TDs. Again. Fumbles or not, he's been our most explosive player these past few weeks. He has a nose for the end zone lately

redwhiteANDblue
10-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Slaton had 2 TDs. Again. Fumbles or not, he's been our most explosive player these past few weeks. He has a nose for the end zone lately

Im pretty sure Ryan Moats could've done the same as Slaton did. Slaton didn't do anything special, mabye some moves to aviod a tackle but they usually ended up in a loss or a fumble. After that last fumble I was sure Ryan was going to come in but he didnt. They should atleast bring him out to scare Slaton or something.

cland
10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Slayton has earned a new nickname: Steve "Two-Hands" Slayton.

We'll call him that until he does it....when it is most needed. I sit in the endzone and have great view ofthe running game: On a pure kill the clock play, not-so-two-hands Slayton ran into a group of linebackers and had an almost fumble.

gtexan02
10-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Im pretty sure Ryan Moats could've done the same as Slaton did. Slaton didn't do anything special, mabye some moves to aviod a tackle but they usually ended up in a loss or a fumble. After that last fumble I was sure Ryan was going to come in but he didnt. They should atleast bring him out to scare Slaton or something.

Are you joking or serious? Because theres no way Moats is anywhere near as fast as Slaton, and most of Slatons big scoring plays this year have been purely due to good blocking + acceleration/speed.

DexmanC
10-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Riiight. Moats can fly 5 yards into the endzone after gaining the edge from
one of the best LB groups in the league.

Texecutioner
10-25-2009, 06:13 PM

You're out of your mind if you think that Moats is anywhere near the RB that Slaton is. Slaton is having a fumbling problem. A big one at that. We get it. It's a problem that certainly hasn't gotten fixed and is worth a few complaints. But as far as being a play maker it isn't even close. Slaton is the most dangerous player on this team when he's in the open field. It's not his fault that this team doesn't run block well either. He's making the plays that this team needs. He's just coughing up the ball a lot. That obviously has to stop. If anything though, Moats should be playing over Chris Brown.

Norg
10-25-2009, 06:29 PM
maybe moats should be our 2nd in the depth chat and brown the 3rd brown hasent proved anything to me so far IMO

Moats and heck even foster have more upside

imatexan
10-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Slayton has earned a new nickname: Steve "Two-Hands" Slayton.

We'll call him that until he does it....when it is most needed. I sit in the endzone and have great view ofthe running game: On a pure kill the clock play, not-so-two-hands Slayton ran into a group of linebackers and had an almost fumble.

I'm tired of this SlaYton guy
;)

gary
10-25-2009, 08:23 PM
The running game has to pick up soon I was going to start a new thread but I'll post my thoughts here. Good teams in the NFL are one dimensional on both sides of the football but great teams are two having both a run and a passing game together. The Texans in the second half were held to only THREE points and against a better team probably would have ended up with a loss but I still think they are a running attack away from becoming a elite team once they run better more often then we'll see less of the Texans being shutdown in the second half because the D won't know wether to defend the run or the pass. Right now in the second half they do not get much going with the pass or the run because teams know how poor they run without being stopped so they focuss just a wee bit more on the passing game. A running game is very important in this league it opens up everything else as you all know so I don't care who they use in the backfield but if they are going to take that next step running the football is the key either through better OL blocking or different play calling but something has to give sooner or later. If not, it will catch up and these close game will tun into losses in of wins I'm telling you all.

gary
10-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Does Ryan Moats still have turf toe? I wonder.

GuerillaBlack
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Where is Ryan Moats?

at home...sleep.

gary
10-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Well, someone should wake his butt up.

GuerillaBlack
10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Ryan Moats had one good game. I don't think he's the answer, but I wouldn't mind him in there instead of Brown. I don't like Brown at all really.

gary
10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
He is not but Houston must try something to get through the season and then go from there.

gary
10-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Why is Chris Brown still even here?

swtbound07
10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
ryan moats is on the bench where he belongs. Steve Slaton is repeatedly finding the endzone, which is what he does. The people calling for him to be benched are remarkably stupid.

gary
10-25-2009, 10:14 PM
ryan moats is on the bench where he belongs. Steve Slaton is repeatedly finding the endzone, which is what he does. The people calling for him to be benched are remarkably stupid.Slaton has scored and should not be benched but still has ran poorly and produced mostly out of the slot and Brown just stinks right now.

TexCanada
10-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Chris Brown is a nice change of pace from Slaton. I don't think it makes sense to bring Moats in as the 2nd guy, Moats has a similar skill set as Slaton...he's just not as good. I understand that Chris Brown is not the most loved guy on this team right now, but at least he makes the defenses react in a different way when he is on the field. His north/south running is important for this team, even if its only a few times a game. For this team to really reach a new level, I think we need to establish that north/south running game with Brown (or whoever can do it), and continue to use Slaton on screens and runs to the outside. Slaton is a playmaker and I think he will fix his fumble problems. Remember, he is only in his second year. If we bench him now, this team gets a lot worse.

BigBull17
10-26-2009, 07:59 AM
ryan moats is on the bench where he belongs. Steve Slaton is repeatedly finding the endzone, which is what he does. The people calling for him to be benched are remarkably stupid.

It's stupid to not like fumbles and maybe try someone else for a bit or make an example? I don't want Slaton cut, but I want him to be pulled for a series to think about it. Slaton is dancing way to much, turning a 2 yard gain into losses. He's pulling the Reggie Bush. Not every run play is a home run, he got that last year. This years he is dancing in the hole, missing holes, and running careless.

TimeKiller
10-26-2009, 08:07 AM
The stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid stupidstupidstupidstpiusdtpuisduptiusdpituspditusp itupstupid thing is that they have 3 RBs would can come in and perform well, pound it like Kubiak wants to do. So they only use 1 and guess what? Little guy gets the ball knocked out of his hands by big guy.

Slaton is deadly on screens and outside runs but too often he's being put in a situation to fail by the coaches. Throw in Brown, give Moats a CHANCE on one of the many, many times you plan to run it into Myers/Studdards backs Coach.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Steve Slaton is the most explosive kid we have. The OC has done a good job in recognizing that they need to get him the ball in space as of late. However, I would not mind seeing more outside rushing plays early to get Slaton in his comfort zone.

gtexan02
10-26-2009, 08:17 AM
The running game has to pick up soon I was going to start a new thread but I'll post my thoughts here. Good teams in the NFL are one dimensional on both sides of the football but great teams are two having both a run and a passing game together. The Texans in the second half were held to only THREE points and against a better team probably would have ended up with a loss but I still think they are a running attack away from becoming a elite team once they run better more often then we'll see less of the Texans being shutdown in the second half because the D won't know wether to defend the run or the pass. Right now in the second half they do not get much going with the pass or the run because teams know how poor they run without being stopped so they focuss just a wee bit more on the passing game. A running game is very important in this league it opens up everything else as you all know so I don't care who they use in the backfield but if they are going to take that next step running the football is the key either through better OL blocking or different play calling but something has to give sooner or later. If not, it will catch up and these close game will tun into losses in of wins I'm telling you all.

This may be the case for many teams, but the undefeated Patriots were completely 1 dimensional on offense. They lined up with at least 3 WR almost every play, they knew they were going to pass, you knew they were going to pass, and they still scored on you.

A great team doesn't have to be multifaceted to win in this league. Thats a big myth. As long as you can move the ball, it doesn't matter whether its through the air or on the ground. All that matters is you are able to move the ball

swtbound07
10-26-2009, 11:27 AM
The stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid stupidstupidstupidstpiusdtpuisduptiusdpituspditusp itupstupid thing is that they have 3 RBs would can come in and perform well, pound it like Kubiak wants to do. So they only use 1 and guess what? Little guy gets the ball knocked out of his hands by big guy.

Slaton is deadly on screens and outside runs but too often he's being put in a situation to fail by the coaches. Throw in Brown, give Moats a CHANCE on one of the many, many times you plan to run it into Myers/Studdards backs Coach.

moats & brown<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Slaton

Seriously. Your crying for ryan freaking moats. Get over yourselves. Yes he fumbles. It happens. He's still the best running back in the history of the franchise. He is still the most explosive player we've ever had. He is still the starter, and should be. I don't want to waste carries on Chris Brown or Ryan Moats.

badboy
10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Slaton had 2 TDs. Again. Fumbles or not, he's been our most explosive player these past few weeks. He has a nose for the end zone latelyYEAH!! signed, Jacoby Jones

badboy
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Moats has had turf toe injury. Link to his stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8491

swtbound07
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
YEAH!! signed, Jacoby Jones

jacoby is a playmaker, and the people calling for his removal are looking more and more foolish

badboy
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
jacoby is a playmaker, and the people calling for his removal are looking more and more foolishHe is a playmaker who until very recently had fumble problems also.

TimeKiller
10-26-2009, 01:01 PM
moats & brown<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Slaton
agreed
Yes he fumbles. It happens.
agreed He's still the best running back in the history of the franchise.
agreedHe is still the most explosive player we've ever had.
Andre Johnson?He is still the starter, and should be.
agreed I don't want to waste carries on Chris Brown or Ryan Moats.
Slaton up the middle of the line has produced more fumbles than yards. You have perfectly good 2nd and 3rd options. I'm not asking for 10 carries each a game but maybe 10 between them would take a few extra hits off Slaton, especially when you plan to pound it which has done nothing but prove the OL can't really ground&pound and Slaton fumbles.

Just want the coaches to use players appropriately. No tears.

swtbound07
10-26-2009, 01:06 PM
agreed
agreed
agreed
Andre Johnson?
agreed
Slaton up the middle of the line has produced more fumbles than yards. You have perfectly good 2nd and 3rd options. I'm not asking for 10 carries each a game but maybe 10 between them would take a few extra hits off Slaton, especially when you plan to pound it which has done nothing but prove the OL can't really ground&pound and Slaton fumbles.

Just want the coaches to use players appropriately. No tears.

I don't want us to keep ramming the ball up the middle until we improve our line. Just a waste of a perfectly good down.

El Tejano
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't know how much he'll help, but what about Chris Henry? Was he not able to play this week? I guess the game was too close?

HOU-TEX
10-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't know how much he'll help, but what about Chris Henry? Was he not able to play this week? I guess the game was too close?

He's on the practice squad, not on the 53.

badboy
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't want us to keep ramming the ball up the middle until we improve our line. Just a waste of a perfectly good down.
Exactly. If we have perfectly good 2nd and 3rd options, what are they? Brown can not consistently gain good ypc and Moats is injured. Foster can not convince coach to put him on the field.

Texecutioner
10-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Chris Brown is a nice change of pace from Slaton. I don't think it makes sense to bring Moats in as the 2nd guy, Moats has a similar skill set as Slaton...he's just not as good. I understand that Chris Brown is not the most loved guy on this team right now, but at least he makes the defenses react in a different way when he is on the field. His north/south running is important for this team, even if its only a few times a game. For this team to really reach a new level, I think we need to establish that north/south running game with Brown (or whoever can do it), and continue to use Slaton on screens and runs to the outside. Slaton is a playmaker and I think he will fix his fumble problems. Remember, he is only in his second year. If we bench him now, this team gets a lot worse.

I don't know where you're getting any of this from, because Chris Brown has been anything BUT effective all year. They've given him a simple role and he hasn't succeeded at that at all. He doesn't have any moves, and he doesn't truck over defenders either. He doesn't get any extra yards off of contact really, or juke any defenders. He really hasn't displayed one single strength for this football team.

Chris Brown = Stacy Mack 2.0

barrett
10-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I have to disagree with you even though I agree with you.

I'm not a Brown fan but the one thing I think he does do is get extra yards due to his size. He is a fall forward for 3 yards guy. After contact he rarely if ever goes backwards.

Texecutioner
10-26-2009, 01:46 PM

I'm not a Brown fan but the one thing I think he does do is get extra yards due to his size. He is a fall forward for 3 yards guy. After contact he rarely if ever goes backwards.

SO far this season he has an average of 3.3 yards per carry and one TD. Now, I'll admit that he's been playing on a team with some really bad run blocking and all, but to say that he always gets these extra yards really isn't accurate. He may not fall backwards after contact, but he certainly isn't doing anything for positive yardage off of contact either. And as a GL back, he's been worthless.

Ryan
10-26-2009, 01:47 PM

Ron Dayne anyone? I liked Ron Dayne and i guarantee you that ball wouldn't come out of his hands.

michaelm
10-26-2009, 01:49 PM
I know it might come as an extreme shock to you, but pretty much every HC in the league carries a Denny's menu these days.

:rolleyes:

Don't let the facts get in the way of people who think they're being clever or original...

michaelm
10-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Ron Dayne anyone? I liked Ron Dayne and i guarantee you that ball wouldn't come out of his hands.

Cue the obligatory Ron Dayne breaks a lineman's leg joke...
or
The obligator Ron Dayne/ buffet joke.

badboy
10-26-2009, 02:09 PM

I'm not a Brown fan but the one thing I think he does do is get extra yards due to his size. He is a fall forward for 3 yards guy. After contact he rarely if ever goes backwards.Brown was not signed to be a 3 yard guy with few attempts per game.

TimeKiller
10-26-2009, 02:18 PM

More things we agree on.

BigBull17
10-26-2009, 03:02 PM

That's what makes me angry Aaron. We have guys who can pull and block in space, yet try to over power people with smaller lineman and a smaller back. Makes very little damn sense. You cant run outside every play, but maybe a few times? Please?

76Texan
10-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Actually, it was Air Caldwell who missed the block and allowed his man to get the first hit on Slaton's head, forcing him to spin up into #26 who hit Slaton head to head as well. Then #38 Goldson pulled the ball out.
Studdard might have helped the Niners there as he tried to pull Slaton to one side while the others were pulling and pushing the other way.

Two helmet to helmet penalties should have been called on the Niners on this play.

Maddict5
10-26-2009, 03:14 PM

That's what makes me angry Aaron. We have guys who can pull and block in space, yet try to over power people with smaller lineman and a smaller back. Makes very little damn sense. You cant run outside every play, but maybe a few times? Please?

im guessing the reason we do run up the middle without much pulling etc is that its all to set up the playaction. you cant really pull guys for your runs and then run a conventional zone play on PA because its an obvious tell... and you cant pull guys on PA passes because that leaves defender with a free run on schaub which wont end well if we did that often. whereas when you're running a straight ahead zone run play that doesnt happen and the defence reads run

gary
10-26-2009, 04:43 PM
This may be the case for many teams, but the undefeated Patriots were completely 1 dimensional on offense. They lined up with at least 3 WR almost every play, they knew they were going to pass, you knew they were going to pass, and they still scored on you.

A great team doesn't have to be multifaceted to win in this league. Thats a big myth. As long as you can move the ball, it doesn't matter whether its through the air or on the ground. All that matters is you are able to move the ballThe 2007 Pats had a D that was counted on not only but also for the second half as well. Houston as of right now has a D that shows up whenever they feel like it so therefore I'd like to see them score more in the second half as they do in the first and that would not be nearly as hard to do with both a passing attack and a run instead of just one but I get your point. I know Seve does not field punts but in a way I compare him to Devin Hester because of how the Texans choose to utilize him as another wideout option I like it when they do that just as the Bears do with Devin a lot of times.

gary
10-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Does anyone else have any other thoughts on Steve Slaton being used as a wideout?

TimeKiller
10-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Actually, it was Air Caldwell who missed the block and allowed his man to get the first hit on Slaton's head, forcing him to spin up into #26 who hit Slaton head to head as well. Then #38 Goldson pulled the ball out.
Studdard might have helped the Niners there as he tried to pull Slaton to one side while the others were pulling and pushing the other way.

Two helmet to helmet penalties should have been called on the Niners on this play.
Caldwell did miss that block, it's very clear on the replay but he's only been playing a few snaps for the last two games. Slaton's been fumbling all season and more often than not it seems like it's on an inside run.

gary
10-26-2009, 08:57 PM
More focuss would fix that problem instantly that is sure thing.

Thorn
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm kind of upset with Slaton right now myself. But neither Chris Brown nor Moats are even close to Slaton as far as talent goes. Right now, warts and all, Slaton is the best back we got and we have to go with him.

And as far as him not being able to run up the middle, as soon as our damn line starts opening up holes he will. I think Slaton has proved he can still run, he's making TDs with great open field running. Right now he's got a bad case of fumble-itus, and knocking him for that is justified. Saying Brown or Moats ought to start isn't.

gary
10-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm kind of upset with Slaton right now myself. But neither Chris Brown nor Moats are even close to Slaton as far as talent goes. Right now, warts and all, Slaton is the best back we got and we have to go with him.

And as far as him not being able to run up the middle, as soon as our damn line starts opening up holes he will. I think Slaton has proved he can still run, he's making TDs with great open field running. Right now he's got a bad case of fumble-itus, and knocking him for that is justified. Saying Brown or Moats ought to start isn't.Moats should start he is a probowl type. Brown on the other hand is a tolietbowl not really I'm just having fun. LOL, some rep headed your way.

silvrhand
10-26-2009, 10:44 PM

85% of games are won when you win the turnover battle, fumbling whether he gets in the endzone or not is not acceptable.

swtbound07
10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
85% of games are won when you win the turnover battle, fumbling whether he gets in the endzone or not is not acceptable.

I fully accept his turnovers and mistakes. You take the bad with the good. You can manufacture a random number about turnovers if you would like, but I want slaton on the field. This is a better football team with Slaton at running back, period.

silvrhand
10-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I fully accept his turnovers and mistakes. You take the bad with the good. You can manufacture a random number about turnovers if you would like, but I want slaton on the field. This is a better football team with Slaton at running back, period.

Sigh made up stat? See below, we are 17-2 when we win the turnover battle, and that's 89% winning record. Enjoy. The turnover battle is the #1 key stat in any football game..

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?STORY_ID=5733

Win the turnover battle, win the game: The Texans won the turnover battle 2-1, which included Wilson's interception with 36 seconds left to play.

The Texans have won the turnover battle four times this season and won all four of those games. They're now 17-2 under Kubiak when winning the turnover margin, with 15 consecutive victories.

swtbound07
10-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Sigh made up stat? See below, we are 17-2 when we win the turnover battle, and that's 89% winning record. Enjoy. The turnover battle is the #1 key stat in any football game..

for what you said to be true, it would have to be 85 percent for the league. You didn't say our games, you said football games. I'm not saying turnovers aren't important. I am saying you did no research before you said that. If I have to look up the win-loss ratings of every team post turnover battle I will.

I'm tired of people wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater. He's lost 4 fumbles. Not great. So freaking what. Whats our record in games where slaton has fumbled?

TexCanada
10-26-2009, 11:42 PM

I don't think that anyone is disputing the importance of turnovers, but you can't just throw out some dud of a player who doesn't fumble and assume you are going to win. Slaton provides a lot more positives for this team then he does negatives, and therefore deserves to be the starter.

unreals
10-28-2009, 03:45 AM
I'm new here, but cannot believe how soon fans have forgotten just how dynamic Steve Slaton was last season. He had one of the most productive seasons for a rookie RB in recent memory (yards per carry was great). This talk about Ryan Moats is ridiculous- he's nothing but a journeyman. Chris Brown is simply awful, as he has usually been throughout his mediocre career.

Slaton's fumbling problems have been aggravated by Kubiak's curious tendency to say nothing but negative things about him publicly, causing him to look over his shoulder too often, thinking he's going to be yanked from the game. Clearly, he's pressing and trying too hard not to fumble, which is not the way to solve the problem. Kubiak finally did say some positive things about him this week, so perhaps that will cause Slaton to relax and concentrate on being the playmaker he is.

Marcus
11-01-2009, 03:05 PM
You're out of your mind if you think that Moats is anywhere near the RB that Slaton is.

I must be out of my mind. Glad I am. Glad they finally found him.

Livid13
11-01-2009, 03:17 PM
I THINK Moats answered your question today.....

Marcus
11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm new here, but cannot believe how soon fans have forgotten just how dynamic Steve Slaton was last season. He had one of the most productive seasons for a rookie RB in recent memory (yards per carry was great). This talk about Ryan Moats is ridiculous- he's nothing but a journeyman. Chris Brown is simply awful, as he has usually been throughout his mediocre career.

Slaton's fumbling problems have been aggravated by Kubiak's curious tendency to say nothing but negative things about him publicly, causing him to look over his shoulder too often, thinking he's going to be yanked from the game. Clearly, he's pressing and trying too hard not to fumble, which is not the way to solve the problem. Kubiak finally did say some positive things about him this week, so perhaps that will cause Slaton to relax and concentrate on being the playmaker he is.

Kubiak hasn't got time to worry about hurting Slaton's little feelings. He put the damn ball on the ground again today, and Kubiak benched him, as he should have done.

And guess what? They all of a sudden have a running game now. Guess the question got answered as to what the problem was, Slaton or the O line. Moats didn't seem to have a problem with the O line.

Slaton not only got benched, he more than likely lost his starting job.

Spike
11-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I think the fact that Moats was much more productive RUNNING the ball, means as much as the fumbles. It felt like there were more long runs this game that we have had all year. Even on plays that weren't big gainers, Moats seemed to eak out 3 and 4 yard runs, where Slaton has been stopped for one yard or no gainers. This offense looks a lot smoother at 2nd and 7 as opposed to 2nd and 10.

I don't the success of Moats this weekend definitely means wholesale changes are coming, but you have to stick with him next week. I am not ready to give up on Slaton and don't think this is the end for him. I think both players can be productive for us.

Big Lou
11-01-2009, 03:54 PM
He was in Buffalo, but I think he crossed the Canadian border and is heading for Nova Scotia, because he was running like a man on a mission.

I have wanted to see him in in every time SS has fumbled. Look I love SS, but Moats has put up yards every chance he has had this year.

texansdrummer
11-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Moats was in the end zone......admittedly somewhere where it hasn't been likely to spot one of our running backs.

valleytexfan
11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Thank you!

TexanBacker93
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Amen to that.

Marcus
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't the success of Moats this weekend definitely means wholesale changes are coming, but you have to stick with him next week. I am not ready to give up on Slaton and don't think this is the end for him. I think both players can be productive for us.

I agree. We can't afford any turnovers against the Colts, and Slaton isn't getting the message.

beerlover
11-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Buffalo - 23 carries 126 yds. 3 td's

TimeKiller
11-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Does anyone else have any other thoughts on Steve Slaton being used as a wideout?

He's good on screens/short passes but not so much route running.

I did have the thought that maybe we should try Jacoby at RB some. Not a lot but the guy is absolutely running by people right now. That reverse was a thing of beauty.

PHAROAH
11-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Chris Brown is garbage put Ryan Moats as the #2 back.

gtexan02
11-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Well Im ready to eat my crow. Moats showed up yesterday with avengence.

I say give Moats the start, Slaton on 3rd and long, split carries 50/50 and give the ball in the 2nd half to whoever is performing. If Slaton fumbles, he's out for the rest of the game

BigBull17
11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I think it was good for Slaton to watch the game. Maybe thee push he needs to quit dropping the rock. Turnovers are a thing we CAN'T afford.

Marcus
11-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I think it was good for Slaton to watch the game. Maybe thee push he needs to quit dropping the rock. Turnovers are a thing we CAN'T afford.

Especially against the Colts. Slaton has caught the disease that Jacoby Jones had a few weeks back. He gives me a heart attack any time he touches the ball. Just can't risk him playing against the Colts.

Bring him back after the bye week.