PDA

View Full Version : Great game!!!

Bryon
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
I wish we hadn't "spotted" you guys with 21 points before pulling sorry ass Shaun Hill. I called for that 2nd half offense since before our bye week.

Great game and good luck the rest of the season.

Khari
10-25-2009, 03:09 PM
good game............good job in the 2nd half. Now go beat the Colts

GP
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I wish we hadn't "spotted" you guys with 21 points before pulling sorry ass Shaun Hill. I called for that 2nd half offense since before our bye week.

Hats off to 9ers. They came back and almost won.

Bryon
good game............good job in the 2nd half. Now go beat the Colts

Khari, I know you saw my "spread offense" thread over on the other board during the bye. I wish they would have listened to me to start the game. Oh well.

Marcus
Way too close.

Yeah we won, but . . . . . the running game just sucks!

Hardcore Texan
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Wow, that was much tighter than it needed to be, but credit to S.F. and Singletary for gread adjustments at halftime, Alex Smith played very good and should have been in there the whole time and the rook Crabs did suprisingly well. Great job by the Texans and finishing the game.

Please be okay AJ. :texflag:

Thorn
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Way too close.

I'm sorry, what is this "running game" you speak of?

cdollaz
10-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Texans running game was bad today...but it was better than SF's running game.

Maddict5
10-25-2009, 03:14 PM
lol when i saw the thread title on the main forum page, i knew it was a SF fan that had posted it!

Bryon
10-25-2009, 03:18 PM
lol when i saw the thread title on the main forum page, i knew it was a SF fan that had posted it!

I came over here this wee saying that Houston would win. The reason they would win was because our starting QB sucked. That proved to be true. I wish They would have installed Alex during the bye. SF would have won this game convincingly (hopefully).

Either way, it was a great game. I hope AJ is ok. Daniels is a beast.

LonerATO
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I came over here this wee saying that Houston would win. The reason they would win was because our starting QB sucked. That proved to be true. I wish They would have installed Alex during the bye. SF would have won this game convincingly (hopefully).

Bush would have made 2nd half adjustments, but instead did nothing. I think Bush felt that the win was in the bag and no need to change anything at halftime and it came back to bit the Texans in the as.

Marcus
10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
It's looks like Crabtree is going to be a good one, byron. Enjoy watching him.

jaayteetx
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
I came over here this wee saying that Houston would win. The reason they would win was because our starting QB sucked. That proved to be true. I wish They would have installed Alex during the bye. SF would have won this game convincingly (hopefully). Either way, it was a great game. I hope AJ is ok. Daniels is a beast.

Don't know bout that, we seem to play worse when we get a big lead. Offense wants to pretend we're a running team somehow, even though its been constantly proven we aren't. If we have to throw the ball to keep in the game, then we're better off, IMO.

Bryon
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Ok guys, thanks for having me this past week. Good luck for hte rest of the season. Feel free to stop by our message boards and root for us vs Indy next week.

BTW- Did your guys "welcome" Crabtree to the NFL with a big hit like you wanted? I didn't get to watch the game (game center on ESPN.com).

jaayteetx
10-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Ok guys, thanks for having me this past week. Good luck for hte rest of the season. Feel free to stop by our message boards and root for us vs Indy next week.

BTW- Did your guys "welcome" Crabtree to the NFL with a big hit like you wanted? I didn't get to watch the game (game center on ESPN.com).

Naw, not really.

Bryon
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Naw, not really.

Ok, last post.

That is good to hear.

Good luck guys, until next time...

mexican_texan
10-25-2009, 03:31 PM

Was it last year that you guys were happy you pulled sorry ass Alex Smith in favor of Shaun Hill? It's been a while since I went over there.

Anyway, great 2nd half from you guys, Patrick Willis is the best linebacker I've seen all year. Looks like maybe Smith might not be a complete bust after all.

MEGA SWATT
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM

Yeah, maybe it if was Alex "Joe-Montana" Smith at the helm...

LOL, he is closer to Alex "Hannah-Montana" Smith.....

It's nice to dream though.......:lol:

mexican_texan
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Feel free to do all sorts of damage to Peyton.

imatexan
10-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I have ask for those on he dark side:

Where 49ers fans chanting Andre sucks when he was down on the field!??
Thats what it sounded like, I need some clarification.

Ryan
10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
I have ask for those on he dark side:

Where 49ers fans chanting Andre sucks when he was down on the field!??
Thats what it sounded like, I need some clarification.

No they were shouting "Defense". They started it in my section.

imatexan
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM
No they were shouting "Defense". They started it in my section.

Okay thats better.

Yet still annoying.

SF49erFaithful
10-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Great game guys.

Man, this 49er team stinks. They started off the year on fire, but after that devastating loss to Minnesota it looks like the players have lost all their confidence. Even in the St. Louis game where SF won 35-0, the team looked like crap. Just not as crappy as St. Louis. Singletary might have lost this team.

ON the bright side, there may yet still be hope for Alex Smith. Vernon Davis is also establishing himself as an elite TE. Crabtree looked pretty dang good for a rook with a week of experience, too.

But we're going to get killed next week probably unless Alex Smith and the offense can somehow keep that magic up.

Bryon
10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Great game guys.

Man, this 49er team stinks. They started off the year on fire, but after that devastating loss to Minnesota it looks like the players have lost all their confidence. Even in the St. Louis game where SF won 35-0, the team looked like crap. Just not as crappy as St. Louis. Singletary might have lost this team.

ON the bright side, there may yet still be hope for Alex Smith. Vernon Davis is also establishing himself as an elite TE. Crabtree looked pretty dang good for a rook with a week of experience, too.

But we're going to get killed next week probably unless Alex Smith and the offense can somehow keep that magic up.

I disagree. Hill was a liability for the 49er offense. Sadly, they made the change to a strong armed QB way too late. It should have been done over the bye. Houston would have not known what hit them.

SF49erFaithful
10-25-2009, 11:55 PM
I disagree. Hill was a liability for the 49er offense. Sadly, they made the change to a strong armed QB way too late. It should have been done over the bye. Houston would have not known what hit them.

Could be a flash in the pan. I thought that our 2007 offense would've kept it up after the signing of Tollner and torching the AZ defense, but it didn't.

It's possible, but I'm not gettin my hopes us. I'd be surprised if this team won more than 8 games.

Carr Bombed
10-26-2009, 12:15 AM
The 49ers don't "stink" or suck.....the Titans "stink" and suck. Teams that quit and don't compete "stink". The 9ers are building a very strong team that's based on a very strong foundation created by their motivational head coach. Your team might not be the most talented team on the field some weeks, but they compete week in and week out and they don't quit....that's what is important right now if you're a 9ers fan. Give them time, Samurai Mike will have that team headed towards a bright future.

infantrycak
10-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I would just like to say we had two very nice 9'ers fans behind us today. Heck they were more polite and less obnoxious than many of the transitory "Texans" fans we end up with in those seats.

NitroGSXR
10-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I would just like to say we had two very nice 9'ers fans behind us today. Heck they were more polite and less obnoxious than many of the transitory "Texans" fans we end up with in those seats.

*sigh*

I can say the same for me. We had a horrid seatmate next to us. A Texans fan to boot. He was obnoxious and threw ice cream at some 49er fans who seemed to be cheering when their team scored a TD. That same ice cream missed the 49er fans and landed on my hat. Guess who helped me clean it up? I was not real happy but I didn't really care. I just wanted to watch the game. Props to the 49er faithful. They were great in my section. I enjoyed having them there.

Section516
10-26-2009, 01:26 AM
*sigh*

I can say the same for me. We had a horrid seatmate next to us. A Texans fan to boot. He was obnoxious and threw ice cream at some 49er fans who seemed to be cheering when their team scored a TD. That same ice cream missed the 49er fans and landed on my hat. Guess who helped me clean it up? I was not real happy but I didn't really care. I just wanted to watch the game. Props to the 49er faithful. They were great in my section. I enjoyed having them there.

Heh yeah, We had a pair of really good 49er fans.

We even gave some a ride to the truck stop so they can start driving to Ncarolina.

SF49erFaithful
10-26-2009, 03:37 AM
Way too close.

You're running games sucks? We have an elite RB starting with a talented backup and have rushed over 60 yards like twice :drunk:

The 49ers don't "stink" or suck.....the Titans "stink" and suck. Teams that quit and don't compete "stink". The 9ers are building a very strong team that's based on a very strong foundation created by their motivational head coach. Your team might not be the most talented team on the field some weeks, but they compete week in and week out and they don't quit....that's what is important right now if you're a 9ers fan. Give them time, Samurai Mike will have that team headed towards a bright future.

I think we stink. We definitely don't compete week in and out either. Sure looks like we gave up when guys were quitting on their routes and dropping balls when we were getting it handed to us by Atlanta a couple weeks ago. It's also pretty characteristic of a bad team to get blown out 21-0 in a half, especially after having a bye to heal and gameplan. I don't know if this team responds to Singletary anymore. They sure don't act like it. I think this is a 7-9 team, perhaps a couple games better.

Bryon
10-26-2009, 01:58 PM
You're running games sucks? We have an elite RB starting with a talented backup and have rushed over 60 yards like twice :drunk:

I think we stink. We definitely don't compete week in and out either. Sure looks like we gave up when guys were quitting on their routes and dropping balls when we were getting it handed to us by Atlanta a couple weeks ago. It's also pretty characteristic of a bad team to get blown out 21-0 in a half, especially after having a bye to heal and gameplan. I don't know if this team responds to Singletary anymore. They sure don't act like it. I think this is a 7-9 team, perhaps a couple games better.

Teams that stink don't come back to make a game out of it once they are getting blown out. Also, the offense got much better once a strong armed QB was in the game. It allowed Raye to call plays to stretch the defense.

I am happy to hear that the 49er fans in attendance repp'd our fan base so well.

badboy
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Teams that stink don't come back to make a game out of it once they are getting blown out. Also, the offense got much better once a strong armed QB was in the game. It allowed Raye to call plays to stretch the defense.

I am happy to hear that the 49er fans in attendance repp'd our fan base so well.Your focus should be on Crabtree. He can make any QB look better. Who knows if Smith will continued to look good but he managed the game well and did not panic. Looked like a leader to me and definitely made a fan out of Vernon. Be patient and draft well. You just might have a good team there.

gtexan02
10-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Don't be confused by Smith. Some of our defenders (and top ones to boot) didn't even know who he was when he came in. Our team can make any change at QB look like the 2nd coming of Montana. We let Ryan Fitzpatrick do the same to us a few years ago. Don't get too excited about Smith's resurgence until you see him do the same thing to a normal defense

SheTexan
10-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Don't be confused by Smith. Some of our defenders (and top ones to boot) didn't even know who he was when he came in. Our team can make any change at QB look like the 2nd coming of Montana. We let Ryan Fitzpatrick do the same to us a few years ago. Don't get too excited about Smith's resurgence until you see him do the same thing to a normal defense

If that is true, and I believe you, then our lack of consistency in the second half, esp the D, falls squarely on Frank Bush! Everyone knows SF has a QB controvercy!! He should have had them prepared for both! JMO!!

BigBull17
10-26-2009, 02:59 PM

Yeah, but you have guys who don't quit. Thats an important step to turning things around.

Maddict5
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
If that is true, and I believe you, then our lack of consistency in the second half, esp the D, falls squarely on Frank Bush! Everyone knows SF has a QB controvercy!! He should have had them prepared for both! JMO!!

...just wondering but how the hell was he or anybody else know that SF would move totally away from what they usually do and change to a spread offence when smith came into the game?

HOU-TEX
10-26-2009, 03:16 PM
I reckon we'll get to see if Smith's performance was a fluke or not. I hope the 9ers do well for the rest of the season.

Alex Smith is the San Francisco 49ers' new starting quarterback

Coach Mike Singletary made the announcement Monday after sitting down with Shaun Hill, who was benched at halftime of the Niners' 24-21 loss at Houston on Sunday

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4596926

Maddict5
10-26-2009, 03:22 PM
man it would be great if the niners somehow beat the colts next week...

imagine the 5-3 texans (knock on wood) going to the 6-1 colts in a HUGE divisional game. that would be awesome and the biggest game in our history so far

badboy
10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
...just wondering but how the hell was he or anybody else know that SF would move totally away from what they usually do and change to a spread offence when smith came into the game?
By thinking "If I am the coach on the other sideline, how do I attack the Texans?" It is not only about doing what you do best but keeping the other guy from knocking your jock strap off.

badboy
10-26-2009, 03:27 PM
man it would be great if the niners somehow beat the colts next week...

imagine the 5-3 texans (knock on wood) going to the 6-1 colts in a HUGE divisional game. that would be awesome and the biggest game in our history so farAlex Smith should tell Davis and Crabtree to bring umbrellas 'cause he will make it rain footballs.