PDA

View Full Version : Walters mock Texans

badboy
10-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Walters.com Matt McGuire Oct 22nd 3 round mock for Houston has them going from pick #13 to #19. I am not that motivated yet & moved them from #14 to #16. Anyways, it's Thursday and slow so it is something to read if you are interested.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010matt.php

Round 1 #19 Jr. Joe Haden CB 5'11" 190lb Florida I'll be surprised if he is here.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=232013
Round 2 # 51 Vince Oghobaase DT 6'5" 305lbs Duke if Kubes is successful with "smaller" DTs this could be a very good selection.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56563&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT Some have him in 3rd and not being as impressive 09 as in 2008.

Round 3 # 82 Toby Gerhart RB 6'1" 235 lbs 4.55 where I had him originally but moved him up to 2nd round. Really surprised if he is taken this low.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65195&draftyear=2010&genpos=RB

I'd be very pleased with first 3 rounds going this way, even more so if we could get Thomas Austin OG/C/T in 4th and a FA DT with some weight. If DR is signed I can see Quinn moving to FS. Your thoughts?

MojoMan
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Walters.com Matt McGuire Oct 22nd 3 round mock for Houston has them going from pick #13 to #19. I am not that motivated yet & moved them from #14 to #16. Anyways, it's Thursday and slow so it is something to read if you are interested.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010matt.php

Round 1 #19 Jr. Joe Haden CB 5'11" 190lb Florida I'll be surprised if he is here.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=232013
Round 2 # 51 Vince Oghobaase DT 6'5" 305lbs Duke if Kubes is successful with "smaller" DTs this could be a very good selection.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56563&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT Some have him in 3rd and not being as impressive 09 as in 2008.

Round 3 # 82 Toby Gerhart RB 6'1" 235 lbs 4.55 where I had him originally but moved him up to 2nd round. Really surprised if he is taken this low.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65195&draftyear=2010&genpos=RB

I'd be very pleased with first 3 rounds going this way, even more so if we could get Thomas Austin OG/C/T in 4th and a FA DT with some weight. If DR is signed I can see Quinn moving to FS. Your thoughts?

That does look good. Works for me.

Wolf6151
10-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Round 1, Haden, great pick if we lose Dunta, no arguments from me.
Round2, Oghobaase, good pick and a player with alot of potential. I like the pick but I think we could do better with the pick by taking one of the top OG or FS.
Round3, Gerhart, I like the player but again feel that we could do better with the pick. Again a top ranked OG or FS.

I think we're going to need more than 1 O-lineman from this draft and I don't mean late round backup/developemental players. CB, OGx2, and FS are our top needs IMO. I think we should address DT in FA, we're not very good at picking DT's in the draft.

rmartin65
10-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I believe those were my picks 3 weeks ago?

badboy
10-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I believe those were my picks 3 weeks ago?Matt McGuire is that you? How's it going dude!

badboy
10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Round2, Oghobaase, good pick and a player with alot of potential. I like the pick but I think we could do better with the pick by taking one of the top OG or FS.
Round3, Gerhart, I like the player but again feel that we could do better with the pick. Again a top ranked OG or FS.

I think we're going to need more than 1 O-lineman from this draft and I don't mean late round backup/developemental players. CB, OGx2, and FS are our top needs IMO. I think we should address DT in FA, we're not very good at picking DT's in the draft.I think FS is a need also but what are your thoughts about moving Quinn to that position if DR is on roster next year, especially if we go CB in 1st?

rmartin65
10-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Matt McGuire is that you? How's it going dude!

Nope its me, rmartin65. But here is the link to my picks
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65514

badboy
10-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Nope its me, rmartin65. But here is the link to my picks
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65514Actually I did remember your post as we agreed on Gerhart and Austin. You had team picking #10, have you moved them down a bit?

rmartin65
10-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Actually I did remember your post as we agreed on Gerhart and Austin. You had team picking #10, have you moved them down a bit?

I hate adjusting rankings due to one game, but yea, I have. The Texans looked impressive (granted, my friend was only able to get me the first half of the game), and from what I have been hearing it continued. I have the Texans around 15 now.

badboy
10-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I hate adjusting rankings due to one game, but yea, I have. The Texans looked impressive (granted, my friend was only able to get me the first half of the game), and from what I have been hearing it continued. I have the Texans around 15 now.Just curious, if Taylor Mays and Haden are available where ever Texans pick, who is your choice? As I am more leery of a rookie at CB than FS and I am astounded at Mays' skills & size I select Mays.
Having said that, if DR is on roster and I can see another tag if he does well remainder of this season, we could move Quinn to FS and go for a corner in 1st.

rmartin65
10-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Just curious, if Taylor Mays and Haden are available where ever Texans pick, who is your choice? As I am more leery of a rookie at CB than FS and I am astounded at Mays' skills & size I select Mays.
Having said that, if DR is on roster and I can see another tag if he does well remainder of this season, we could move Quinn to FS and go for a corner in 1st.

I would go with Mays. Haden is my favorite corner in the draft, but Mays is the better player and fills an area of need. I know Quinn is a little slower for a corner, but I would prefer to keep him there.

Texan JBZ
10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Colin Cowherd, who is a bigtime Pac-10 homer, said on his show the other day that Taylor Mays is the most overrated player in the country.

rmartin65
10-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Colin Cowherd, who is a bigtime Pac-10 homer, said on his show the other day that Taylor Mays is the most overrated player in the country.

Oh, I do agree that he is overrated. I still think he is/will be a good player though. I think adding Mays to the secondary will give it some attitude. The defense will become more intense, as there will be enforcers at each level.

Texan JBZ
10-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh, I do agree that he is overrated. I still think he is/will be a good player though. I think adding Mays to the secondary will give it some attitude. The defense will become more intense, as there will be enforcers at each level.

I agree with you. The thing is that when I watch USC play, he never seems to make a whole lot of plays besides the occasional big hit on a WR. He's nothing like Berry. I've never watched Tenn play and not noticed the guy make a couple of wow plays every game. Its a fool's dream to think the Texans even have a shot at this guy, but man would he look good in Liberty White!

rmartin65
10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I agree with you. The thing is that when I watch USC play, he never seems to make a whole lot of plays besides the occasional big hit on a WR. He's nothing like Berry. I've never watched Tenn play and not noticed the guy make a couple of wow plays every game. Its a fool's dream to think the Texans even have a shot at this guy, but man would he look good in Liberty White!

Totally agree. Berry is out of this world, he always makes plays.

Texan4Ever
10-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't mind Joe Haden being our first round selection (if he's there) but I also like Patrick Robinson out of FSU (maybe we can grab this guy in the second round).

I also like for us to pick up some massive offensive linemen and replace our current Center. There are some solid interior linemen in this draft!

Wolf6151
10-23-2009, 12:25 AM
I think FS is a need also but what are your thoughts about moving Quinn to that position if DR is on roster next year, especially if we go CB in 1st?

I'd have no problem trying Quin or McCain at FS but for some unknown reason I don't think Kubiak likes moving players away from their drafted position. McCain is faster and I think might actually be a better FS if given the chance but I don't think either player will ever be given a shot at FS.

I agree that Mays is overrated and don't think he possesses the ball skills to be a great FS, I think he'd make a better SS. I think that if Mays plays FS he'll be average to good but may actually take a couple years to develope into a very good/great FS. Berry is #1 as a coverage FS with great ball skills and speed but if you want someone almost as good, I think Morgan Burnett is 1a right behind Berry in terms of speed, tackling ability, ball skills, and playmaking ability. Burnett is almost as good as Berry.

I keep saying that if Dunta leaves we should take Joe Haden but now I'm thinking that even if Dunta stays by contract or tag, we should go ahead and take Haden anyway. You can never have to many good CB's and with quality depth at CB it would offer us options we haven't had before like possibly trading someone for players or picks cause all teams are always looking at CB's. We could then take a Safety in the 2nd round thus fixing our secondary in one draft. We'd keep Dunta giving us Reeves and Haden at CB as well, quality and depth and by taking a FS in the 2nd round we'd have quality at FS. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Texans try to trade back up into the lower 1st round after picking Joe Haden and try to get Morgan Burnett or maybe trade up into the upper 2nd round for Reshad Jones. Their are lots of available options for us to pursue but almost everything revolves around whether or not Dunta leaves of goes. It should get interesting after the season.

badboy
10-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Colin Cowherd, who is a bigtime Pac-10 homer, said on his show the other day that Taylor Mays is the most overrated player in the country.I'm not arguing but based on what? Gut instinct? Some say his 40 was on a fast tract but this guy is huge for a FS/CB.

Goatcheese
10-23-2009, 11:40 AM

He really hasn't developed the way a lot of people thought he would. At this point in the season I don't see why some people see him as a potential top 10 pick with his lack of playmaker ability, and undisciplined tackling.

I could see him being taken as a SS project in the late teens by a team that has an older starter there, but for the Texans I'd much rather have Haden.

badboy
10-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't mind Joe Haden being our first round selection (if he's there) but I also like Patrick Robinson out of FSU (maybe we can grab this guy in the second round).

I also like for us to pick up some massive offensive linemen and replace our current Center. There are some solid interior linemen in this draft!
Robinson link
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66264&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB

I think Robinson will be a first round selection.He should recover from ankle injury and finish strong. He will get a lot of TV exposure.

badboy
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd have no problem trying Quin or McCain at FS but for some unknown reason I don't think Kubiak likes moving players away from their drafted position. McCain is faster and I think might actually be a better FS if given the chance but I don't think either player will ever be given a shot at FS.

I agree that Mays is overrated and don't think he possesses the ball skills to be a great FS, I think he'd make a better SS. I think that if Mays plays FS he'll be average to good but may actually take a couple years to develope into a very good/great FS. Berry is #1 as a coverage FS with great ball skills and speed but if you want someone almost as good, I think Morgan Burnett is 1a right behind Berry in terms of speed, tackling ability, ball skills, and playmaking ability. Burnett is almost as good as Berry.

I keep saying that if Dunta leaves we should take Joe Haden but now I'm thinking that even if Dunta stays by contract or tag, we should go ahead and take Haden anyway. You can never have to many good CB's and with quality depth at CB it would offer us options we haven't had before like possibly trading someone for players or picks cause all teams are always looking at CB's. We could then take a Safety in the 2nd round thus fixing our secondary in one draft. We'd keep Dunta giving us Reeves and Haden at CB as well, quality and depth and by taking a FS in the 2nd round we'd have quality at FS. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Texans try to trade back up into the lower 1st round after picking Joe Haden and try to get Morgan Burnett or maybe trade up into the upper 2nd round for Reshad Jones. Their are lots of available options for us to pursue but almost everything revolves around whether or not Dunta leaves of goes. It should get interesting after the season.When McCain was drafted, I immediately moved him to FS where height is not quite so important. A fast defender with some experience can cause a pass to be incomplete often without being able to out jumpt the WR. Quickly came to conclusion that McCain would not get a shot @ FS.

As of today, I think DR will be on roster next season & would not scream if a CB selected in 1st. However, if no one (Quinn?) is moved to FS or a good one is not drafted later rounds, it is another priority position being ignored another year. Neither DR (if on 2010 roster) nor Reeves will be traded. Quinn may well be a starter by next season and who trades starting CBs. I was hoping Oakland but that did not happen. So no CB trade imo.

Trade up to get another 1st? We need a DT, FS, 2 guards (one for sure), at least one RB and a probably a CB. Does not leave room for giving up a high round to move back into first. Let's say we draft 19-22 and DR is a Texan:

1. Best CB move to FS if better than Quinn or Q to FS
1b. DT if recent use of lighter DT continues to work can be switched to 1a.
2. Traded for 1b
3. Gerhart RB
4. Traded for 1b probably not enough.
5 Best guard. I think Pitts is going to be replace before this round.

I just do not see a trade up.

kastofsna
10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Berry looks to be as good as a prospect as Sean Taylor, and i didn't think ANYone would come close to him.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Berry looks to be as good as a prospect as Sean Taylor, and i didn't think ANYone would come close to him.

Yes he does look very verry berry good.

Go Texans!!!

YoungTexanFan
10-23-2009, 10:33 PM

His on-field production is at the Ed Reed/Sean Taylor level, but he isn't at the Sean Taylor level as a prospect. Sean Taylor was just as fast, but bigger and a much better tackler. I compare Berry to Reed, but he isn't the next Sean Taylor. Still, the next Ed Reed isn't a bad thing.

I'm still trying to feel everything out for this year. I'm getting a late start on prospects. It's been a hectic year so far for me personally, so I'm just trying to ride a few things out.

I'm intrigued by Joe Haden at Florida. He's got great instinct and natural athleticism, but his actual technique isn't that great. In terms of being an actual CB, his counterpart is actually more fundamentally sound at this point. With that said, Haden came to Florida as a QB, and started as a true freshman. What he has been able to do thus far is incredible. I think Lindley out of Kentucky is actually the better CB, but Haden has more potential and he's not really that far behind. Both are playmakers. Those are the only two CB's I would spend first round money on. Lindley needs to gain some weight, and quick, but he makes plays on the ball.

I'm not real high on the Duke DT, and I've seen him play in person. I don't think he's capable of beating out any of our current DT's, and I think he would just be a wasted pick.

beerlover
10-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Ray Ray Armstrong reminds me a bit of Sean Taylor

badboy
10-26-2009, 02:16 PM
His on-field production is at the Ed Reed/Sean Taylor level, but he isn't at the Sean Taylor level as a prospect. Sean Taylor was just as fast, but bigger and a much better tackler. I compare Berry to Reed, but he isn't the next Sean Taylor. Still, the next Ed Reed isn't a bad thing.

I'm still trying to feel everything out for this year. I'm getting a late start on prospects. It's been a hectic year so far for me personally, so I'm just trying to ride a few things out.

I'm intrigued by Joe Haden at Florida. He's got great instinct and natural athleticism, but his actual technique isn't that great. In terms of being an actual CB, his counterpart is actually more fundamentally sound at this point. With that said, Haden came to Florida as a QB, and started as a true freshman. What he has been able to do thus far is incredible. I think Lindley out of Kentucky is actually the better CB, but Haden has more potential and he's not really that far behind. Both are playmakers. Those are the only two CB's I would spend first round money on. Lindley needs to gain some weight, and quick, but he makes plays on the ball.

I'm not real high on the Duke DT, and I've seen him play in person. I don't think he's capable of beating out any of our current DT's, and I think he would just be a wasted pick.List Texan priority needs as of win over S.F.

LonerATO
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I have been watching a ton of Michiigan football, since I get BTN and it seems that all the early games are Big 10 games. I think the Texans could snag Donovan Warren at CB in the 3rd and I would to get a DT in the 1st, even if the Texans need to trade up. Go RB in the 2nd and get Mitch Petrus OG/Kyle Calloway OT

bah007
10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I have been watching a ton of Michiigan football, since I get BTN and it seems that all the early games are Big 10 games. I think the Texans could snag Donovan Warren at CB in the 3rd and I would to get a DT in the 1st, even if the Texans need to trade up. Go RB in the 2nd and get Mitch Petrus OG/Kyle Calloway OT

I like the idea of Warren but we would probably have to grab him in the second. He is only a junior though so he may not even declare.

He hasn't quite worked everything out yet but with his physical tools somebody would snatch him in the second and try to coach him up.

NitroGSXR
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM

I keep saying that if Dunta leaves we should take Joe Haden but now I'm thinking that even if Dunta stays by contract or tag, we should go ahead and take Haden anyway. You can never have to many good CB's and with quality depth at CB it would offer us options we haven't had before like possibly trading someone for players or picks cause all teams are always looking at CB's. We could then take a Safety in the 2nd round thus fixing our secondary in one draft. We'd keep Dunta giving us Reeves and Haden at CB as well, quality and depth and by taking a FS in the 2nd round we'd have quality at FS. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Texans try to trade back up into the lower 1st round after picking Joe Haden and try to get Morgan Burnett or maybe trade up into the upper 2nd round for Reshad Jones. Their are lots of available options for us to pursue but almost everything revolves around whether or not Dunta leaves of goes. It should get interesting after the season.

I think McCain played quite a bit of safety during preseason and the first couple of games. He wasn't the answer there. I don't expect that to change too much in the future either.

badboy
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I have been watching a ton of Michiigan football, since I get BTN and it seems that all the early games are Big 10 games. I think the Texans could snag Donovan Warren at CB in the 3rd and I would to get a DT in the 1st, even if the Texans need to trade up. Go RB in the 2nd and get Mitch Petrus OG/Kyle Calloway OTIf the Texans DTs continue to shut down the opponents RBs as they have for a few games do you see Smith drafting a DT in first let alone trade up? I don't.

LonerATO
10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
If the Texans DTs continue to shut down the opponents RBs as they have for a few games do you see Smith drafting a DT in first let alone trade up? I don't.
As lomg as RB's are being shutdown then no, but I still want to see more of this then 4 games

Corrosion
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM

I think we're going to need more than 1 O-lineman from this draft and I don't mean late round backup/developemental players. CB, OGx2, and FS are our top needs IMO. I think we should address DT in FA, we're not very good at picking DT's in the draft.

Im with ya on the OL but I want a center and a guard .... not two guards.

steelbtexan
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
I could see the Texans drafting

Rd.1 CB
Rd.2 S
Rd.3 G
Dunta compensatory pick
Rd.3 G

I think Caldwell will eventually take over the C spot by the middle of next year.

LonerATO
10-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Rd.1 CB
Rd.2 S
Rd.3 G
Dunta compensatory pick
Rd.3 G

I think Caldwell will eventually take over the C spot by the middle of next year.

Take out either Safety or CB in that list and add runningback instead

steelbtexan
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Take out either Safety or CB in that list and add runningback instead

I could see the Texans drafting a RB in Rds 3-4

Keiland Williams or Dixon would be my choice and they should be available in rd 4.

Wolf6151
10-28-2009, 12:01 AM

Rd.1 CB
Rd.2 S
Rd.3 G
Dunta compensatory pick
Rd.3 G

I like your idea and draft priority list. Here's my idea for post season priorities and position scenario. I'm hoping that Dunta starts playing better, thus making himself more valuable in a trade scenario. The Texans could use the transition tag on him, pay is average of the top 10 CB's in the league instead of the top 5 for the franchise tag, this move reduces Duntas salary making him easier to trade and get something for him. Hopefully we get a 2nd round pick, I'd ask for a 1st but settle for a 2nd quickly, thus giving us two 2nd round picks. This might be wishful thinking. My priority list is the same as yours:
1. CB
2. FS
2. G
3. G
4. FS/SS
5. RB

I agree there's no need for an early RB until we fix the O-line and there's no need for a C since Caldwell should be starting by next year. Dixon or Williams should be available in the 5th round since they'll be running a slow 40 time at the combine.

beerlover
10-28-2009, 01:26 AM
nobody understands Texans needs like own fans. but talent that's another thing.....would suggest a similar strategy as last draft except flipping one & two, meaning 1st rd. DL second LB third OG/C fourth CB fifth maybe a RB. would like to see Rick combine the two 6th's & 7th to move up into one of the earlier rounds for a FS.

LonerATO
10-28-2009, 01:38 AM
nobody understands Texans needs like own fans. but talent that's another thing.....would suggest a similar strategy as last draft except flipping one & two, meaning 1st rd. DL second LB third OG/C fourth CB fifth maybe a RB. would like to see Rick combine the two 6th's & 7th to move up into one of the earlier rounds for a FS.

I just don't feel comfortable with this team taking a RB in the later rounds, when they need a real pounder. We could see a record number of juniors coming out for the draft and the Texans could then get a LB in the later rounds.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/10/23/xos.nfl/index.html

beerlover
10-28-2009, 04:51 AM
I just don't feel comfortable with this team taking a RB in the later rounds, when they need a real pounder. We could see a record number of juniors coming out for the draft and the Texans could then get a LB in the later rounds.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/10/23/xos.nfl/index.html

there is an abundance of RB's looking for work, you don't have to spend a high pick to get one, that would be a luxury. maybe in a couple more years? I wouldn't mind drafting someone you know is going to be a stud but that's just not Denver/Kubiak/Rick Smith MO. 5th rd. seems logical, could crack this roster (third on depth chart) must play special teams & have ability to block, played in spread bonus, size/speed +

badboy
10-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Rd.1 CB
Rd.2 S
Rd.3 G
Dunta compensatory pick
Rd.3 G

I think Caldwell will eventually take over the C spot by the middle of next year.Mark it down, Dunta will be on roster next season barring another severe injury.

WolverineFan
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM
there is an abundance of RB's looking for work, you don't have to spend a high pick to get one, that would be a luxury. maybe in a couple more years? I wouldn't mind drafting someone you know is going to be a stud but that's just not Denver/Kubiak/Rick Smith MO. 5th rd. seems logical, could crack this roster (third on depth chart) must play special teams & have ability to block, played in spread bonus, size/speed +

Thank you. Everyone wants us to use a first day pick on a RB when in reality we could use a 4th or even 5th round pick and still get a quality guy. RB is the easiest position to transition to in the NFL and it is almost always one of the deepest positions in the draft. Grab some DB's and O-Lineman early and we should be good.

badboy
10-28-2009, 11:44 AM
there is an abundance of RB's looking for work, you don't have to spend a high pick to get one, that would be a luxury. maybe in a couple more years? I wouldn't mind drafting someone you know is going to be a stud but that's just not Denver/Kubiak/Rick Smith MO. 5th rd. seems logical, could crack this roster (third on depth chart) must play special teams & have ability to block, played in spread bonus, size/speed +I understand your position but the MO has been to push running game to establish the pass. That MO has changed plus Slaton was a third round so drafting a back in that round is not out of the question. We have done poorly with RB free agents and I do not see that as an avenue to fix our problem. Draft comes with no guarantees either leaving a trade as best approach but I just don't see that. I think Gerhart and Dixon will be gone by the time we draft in 3rd so I have at 2nd round. Problem is I had to move our pick from 14 to 16 after the Bengal win and depending on how we beat Bills may need to adjust it a bit higher. That might eliminate these two backs.

badboy
10-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Im with ya on the OL but I want a center and a guard .... not two guards.There are guards that are very good centers in this draft. That seems to be the way Texans draft o line. The two on my board play all 3 positions well. Many think including me that Caldwell will start at either center or guard. I can see Myers moving to guard with Studdard holding LG one more year to replace Pitts and train a new rookie.

badboy
10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Im with ya on the OL but I want a center and a guard .... not two guards.This draft has several o linemen that can play more than one position which seems to be Texans philosophy. On my board i have two players that play all 3 spots well. Many folks including me think Caldwell will be a starter at center with Myers starting at right guard his better position. Briesel will back up and Studdard may hold on as Pitts replacement until a rookie can take over left guard. Hopefully, our o line will be better 2nd half and into next season.

badboy
10-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I could see the Texans drafting a RB in Rds 3-4

Keiland Williams or Dixon would be my choice and they should be available in rd 4.Dixon should go in 2nd 3rd at latest. Have you reviewed Williams last few games? Not looking to good. 6 attempts in three games.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183554 Maybe he has been injured?

badboy
10-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I like your idea and draft priority list. Here's my idea for post season priorities and position scenario. I'm hoping that Dunta starts playing better, thus making himself more valuable in a trade scenario. The Texans could use the transition tag on him, pay is average of the top 10 CB's in the league instead of the top 5 for the franchise tag, this move reduces Duntas salary making him easier to trade and get something for him. Hopefully we get a 2nd round pick, I'd ask for a 1st but settle for a 2nd quickly, thus giving us two 2nd round picks. This might be wishful thinking. My priority list is the same as yours:
1. CB
2. FS
2. G
3. G
4. FS/SS
5. RB

I agree there's no need for an early RB until we fix the O-line and there's no need for a C since Caldwell should be starting by next year. Dixon or Williams should be available in the 5th round since they'll be running a slow 40 time at the combine.I agree that a 2nd for DR would be sweet but do not see it happening. I think he'll be on our team. Our CB positon has been doing better and Polland strengthened safeties. We have one more game before Manning cuts loose and it will be interesting to see how the Dbacks perform.

What running back are you going to get in 5th that will improve the team? You have to get another Slaton clone and we have Moats to copy Slaton now. That would be a waste of the pick imo. There are guard/centers in 4th and 5th that will push the starters and be more viable selections.

badboy
10-28-2009, 12:24 PM
nobody understands Texans needs like own fans. but talent that's another thing.....would suggest a similar strategy as last draft except flipping one & two, meaning 1st rd. DL second LB third OG/C fourth CB fifth maybe a RB. would like to see Rick combine the two 6th's & 7th to move up into one of the earlier rounds for a FS.How is Travis Johnson doing after the trade? Gonna earns us a move up to 5th round?

badboy
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/10/23/xos.nfl/index.htmlHere is a scenario; Texans are picking 19th and CJ Spiller RB 5'11" 195 4.37 speed. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66483&draftyear=2010&genpos=RB is there.

1. Spiller with the idea that Slaton needs to reduce carries and keep fresh until 4th quarter. Cut Brown:Slaton, Spiller, Moats and Foster is your corps.
2. Oghobaase DT http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56563&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT
3. Myron Lewis CB/FS:DR remains & I'd move Quinn to FS.http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78354&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
4. Thomas Austin OG/C/T {replaces Studdard LG; Caldwell C, Myer RG, } Brisiel and Studdard are back ups.
5. Tyler Sash FS/CB/SS http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=236653 5 INTS 2008 5 in 09 already.
http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sa****yler00.html
5B from TJ trade Micah Johnson ILB http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65555&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB

I'd jump all over this.

mussop
10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm not arguing but based on what? Gut instinct?

Based on his play. He just doesnt make enough plays to be rated as high as he is.

Some say his 40 was on a fast tract but this guy is huge for a FS/CB.

This is exactly what his rating is based on. His athletic ability. He reminds me of another Boss Bailey or Manny Lawson. He will test of the charts at the combine but will he play up to that level is the big question. I wanted Mays to be the next great S prospect but just havent seen it. Berry is head and shoulders a better prospect. In fact I dont know if Mays is even #2 at this point.

I understand your position but the MO has been to push running game to establish the pass. That MO has changed plus Slaton was a third round so drafting a back in that round is not out of the question. We have done poorly with RB free agents and I do not see that as an avenue to fix our problem. Draft comes with no guarantees either leaving a trade as best approach but I just don't see that. I think Gerhart and Dixon will be gone by the time we draft in 3rd so I have at 2nd round. Problem is I had to move our pick from 14 to 16 after the Bengal win and depending on how we beat Bills may need to adjust it a bit higher. That might eliminate these two backs.

Last year we were said to be targeting Glen Coffee in the third round. We only drafted Caldwell after Coffee was taken before us by SF.

badboy
10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Based on his play. He just doesnt make enough plays to be rated as high as he is.

This is exactly what his rating is based on. His athletic ability. He reminds me of another Boss Bailey or Manny Lawson. He will test of the charts at the combine but will he play up to that level is the big question. I wanted Mays to be the next great S prospect but just havent seen it. Berry is head and shoulders a better prospect. In fact I dont know if Mays is even #2 at this point.

Last year we were said to be targeting Glen Coffee in the third round. We only drafted Caldwell after Coffee was taken before us by SF.Agreed so drafting a RB in 3rd or maybe 2nd is possible.

I think you are wrong on Mays but we will see. NFL evaluated him in April as a first round pick. They are usually pretty good. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2009679710_withersusc18.html

Also Pete Carroll's opinion still matters http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/25/sports/sp-mays25 even if it is his player.

Oct 26th update Waltersfootball.com http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010tmays.php
Now if you are saying this season has not been as good, he is coming off injury that forced him out against Washington.
.http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/09/usc-football-taylor-mays-pete-carroll.html

beerlover
10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
How is Travis Johnson doing after the trade? Gonna earns us a move up to 5th round?

certified injury prone, lucky to get a 6th leave it at that. makes it hard to keep spending 1st/2nd rd. picks on DL but still trying to fill hole :crying:

beerlover
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Agreed so drafting a RB in 3rd or maybe 2nd is possible.

I think you are wrong on Mays but we will see. NFL evaluated him in April as a first round pick. They are usually pretty good. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2009679710_withersusc18.html

Also Pete Carroll's opinion still matters http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/25/sports/sp-mays25 even if it is his player.

Oct 26th update Waltersfootball.com http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010tmays.php
Now if you are saying this season has not been as good, he is coming off injury that forced him out against Washington.
.http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/09/usc-football-taylor-mays-pete-carroll.html

never set anything in stone when it comes to the draft cause you never know whats gonna happen so I'll allow you reign in 4th-5th rd. now go out there & find someone in this range who can make Texans roster :chef:

badboy
10-28-2009, 02:29 PM
A very interesting comparison analysis of Berry and Mays. As Berry appears to be more of a coverage type FS, I can see him going ahead of Mays in draft. For Texans needs and based on their history of safeties, it should be Mays who is bigger and can play center field as well as turn and run.http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/16605195/0/0/16608750

badboy
10-28-2009, 02:31 PM
never set anything in stone when it comes to the draft cause you never know whats gonna happen so I'll allow you reign in 4th-5th rd. now go out there & find someone in this range who can make Texans roster :chef:See post 48 above picking at # 19 .

beerlover
10-28-2009, 02:40 PM
See post 48 above picking at # 19 .

just for kicks try expanding your parameters :)

I'll go first. Since the Texans (Kubiak) mentioned Coffee last year as the type of RB they coveted a similar style runner but not the exposure is Tulane (remember Forte) RB Andre Anderson (5-11 212). has same slim build with big frame to add weight, very athletic, good vision/instincts, downhill runner who can find the endzone. I would prefer to let him fall to Texans in the 5th but no problem taking him in 4th if he's the best available on the board. http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16116-1/AndreAnderson.jpg

badboy
10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
just for kicks try expanding your parameters :)

I'll go first. Since the Texans (Kubiak) mentioned Coffee last year as the type of RB they coveted a similar style runner but not the exposure is Tulane (remember Forte) RB Andre Anderson (5-11 212). has same slim build with big frame to add weight, very athletic, good vision/instincts, downhill runner who can find the endzone. I would prefer to let him fall to Texans in the 5th but no problem taking him in 4th if he's the best available on the board. http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16116-1/AndreAnderson.jpg
You and some others seem quite content to hope we can land a very good runner in 4th or later. That has not worked in a very long time. I am thinking DD of couse but that was some years ago and one player who was then used until he was hurt is not something I'd hang my hat on. Players are slotted and selected into higher rounds than others because things such as weight/height, speed, dexterity/experience and past history indicate they will do better. Of course, it is gambling and many do not meet the projection and even fewer do even better than projected. My concern is the Texans current brain trust are caught in the past of "draft 'em low and coach them up." sometimes it works but many it doesn't. The last two years Smith and Kubes have said a back that can move the chains, score in the red zone and get a 1st when its 3rd and short is a priority. It should be addressed as a priority. Yet we again are talking about a 5th round but maybe a 4th? We got Slaton in 3rd and most experts were shocked he fell that low. More of a stunner was he was better than was thought as an every down back. I am saying let's not hope this can be done again. Play the odds and go for a higher pick. You may bust but odds are greater he will be a plus for our team.

Even sillier are the comments that free agents abound that can move our team. This is said every year and every year, we are shocked that it does not work.

nero THE zero
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
He's updated his mock, but didn't change any picks for us. He only changed our reasoning and stated that we give up 3 50-yard runs a game, even though we haven't given up 50 yards in a game to a RB in 4 games.

LonerATO
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
He's updated his mock, but didn't change any picks for us. He only changed our reasoning and stated that we give up 3 50-yard runs a game, even though we haven't given up 50 yards in a game to a RB in 4 games.

Walter wont change those needs for a few more weeks

nero THE zero
10-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Walter wont change those needs for a few more weeks

It's current as he mentions us making Alex Smith look like Joe Montana. He's just not doing his homework.

I don't have a problem with him mocking a CB to us, because if we move Quin to S and/or don't re-sign Dunta, we will certainly need to draft/sign a CB. It's just ignorant to talk down on our run defense given our performance since week 3.

LonerATO
10-29-2009, 01:45 PM
It's current as he mentions us making Alex Smith look like Joe Montana. He's just not doing his homework.

I don't have a problem with him mocking a CB to us, because if we move Quin to S and/or don't re-sign Dunta, we will certainly need to draft/sign a CB. It's just ignorant to talk down on our run defense given our performance since week 3.

Im not saying that he isn't watching whats going on, but that he wont change the positions until he sees the Texans consistently stopping teams on D.

badboy
10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Walter is not my favorite source but usually offers deeper looks this time of year. Other sites only list top 10 at each position. It is way early to be mocking but it is something I enjoy.

What if Okoye continues to do well and Smith is happy with the stable of Dlinemen he has. No DT drafted in top 5.
Robinson and Quinn continue to get better and Smith is happy with top 3 CBs and McCain as back up. No CB drafted in top 3.
Smith is happy with Wilson who does well as rest of defense takes pressure off. Barber and Busing are good enough back ups for Smith and Kubes. Like RB, safety has not had a high priority.

Smith says his middle Oline will be Studdard, Caldwell and Myers with Brisiel and Chris White as back ups.

Whether we agree or not what will the team look for in draft based on above presumption which could happen? Again not what you want but what team will draft.

nero THE zero
10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Im not saying that he isn't watching whats going on,

I am.

He said, "They allow players to break three 50-yard runs in a game." When we haven't allowed a RB 50 yards in a game, much less three of them, in 4 games.

Wolf6151
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Walter is not my favorite source but usually offers deeper looks this time of year. Other sites only list top 10 at each position. It is way early to be mocking but it is something I enjoy.

What if Okoye continues to do well and Smith is happy with the stable of Dlinemen he has. No DT drafted in top 5.
Robinson and Quinn continue to get better and Smith is happy with top 3 CBs and McCain as back up. No CB drafted in top 3.
Smith is happy with Wilson who does well as rest of defense takes pressure off. Barber and Busing are good enough back ups for Smith and Kubes. Like RB, safety has not had a high priority.

Smith says his middle Oline will be Studdard, Caldwell and Myers with Brisiel and Chris White as back ups.

Whether we agree or not what will the team look for in draft based on above presumption which could happen? Again not what you want but what team will draft.

Walter is a good source of info. but I don't think that he updates his positional rankings and team needs often enough. If Smith is truly happy with our DT's, CB's, Safeties and really thinks that Studdard, Caldwell, and Myers are the answer to our O-line problems then he is alone in that opinion, needs to be fired, and this team is truly in trouble. I guess we'll be drafting lot's of TE's again. I doubt that is Smith's opinion though since his opinion is only what Kubiak tells him it is. Smith is a Kubiak puppet.

We can come up with lots of mocks based on team needs but it's a crap shoot since Smith/Kubiak will draft based on halucinigenic mushrooms they eat the night before.

badboy
10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Walter is a good source of info. but I don't think that he updates his positional rankings and team needs often enough. If Smith is truly happy with our DT's, CB's, Safeties and really thinks that Studdard, Caldwell, and Myers are the answer to our O-line problems then he is alone in that opinion, needs to be fired, and this team is truly in trouble. I guess we'll be drafting lot's of TE's again. I doubt that is Smith's opinion though since his opinion is only what Kubiak tells him it is. Smith is a Kubiak puppet.

We can come up with lots of mocks based on team needs but it's a crap shoot since Smith/Kubiak will draft based on halucinigenic mushrooms they eat the night before.Just for fun, Kubiac seems to be ok with the changes made by D C and D line coach with lighter faster DTs. Okam time seems to have been reduced even more. If the success of these guys continue I could see a draft for that type of DT. Suh and Arthur Jones should be gone by the time we select, but that leaves several DTs avail in 2nd round.

Corners: Reeves is solid. If DR continues his growth, what will have changed from them tagging him? One year older but a year younger than ASO. He could still get a multi year deal or be tagged. There are your starters with Quinn backing. I will be ok if a CB goes in first but not shocked due to depth if one is taken later.

steelbtexan
10-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Just for fun, Kubiac seems to be ok with the changes made by D C and D line coach with lighter faster DTs. Okam time seems to have been reduced even more. If the success of these guys continue I could see a draft for that type of DT. Suh and Arthur Jones should be gone by the time we select, but that leaves several DTs avail in 2nd round.

Corners: Reeves is solid. If DR continues his growth, what will have changed from them tagging him? One year older but a year younger than ASO. He could still get a multi year deal or be tagged. There are your starters with Quinn backing. I will be ok if a CB goes in first but not shocked due to depth if one is taken later.

This is assuming that Dunta is re-signed.

Smithiak will let him walk. IMO

The money saved by not resigning Dunta will be spent on Ryans,Daniels,Walter and maybe Pitts.

If Dunta isn't resigned CB will become a priority in the draft and FA. IMO

Wolf6151
10-30-2009, 12:12 AM
This is assuming that Dunta is re-signed.

Smithiak will let him walk. IMO

The money saved by not resigning Dunta will be spent on Ryans,Daniels,Walter and maybe Pitts.

If Dunta isn't resigned CB will become a priority in the draft and FA. IMO

I disagree with your first point, I think Smith will try to re-sing Dunta because they don't want to let him walk and get nothing for him. Hopefully they talk some sense into him and show him that he's not worth the contract they offered him last year and can sign him for a reasonable offer and then trade him for a 2nd round pick. They could also use a transition tag on him, reducing his salary and making him easier to trade. This move would probably really piss him off and he'd be a holdout like this year. I'm actually 50/50 on whether or not Dunta will be back next year, he's a very good #2 CB but only an average #1 CB, there's definite room for improvement. I agree with your last statement though, if he's not re-signed then CB becomes our highest priority in FA and the draft. Hopefully we can pick Joe Haden.

Badboy made a good point, if our undersized DT's keep improving and this system works there's a good chance the Texans may not go after a huge NT/DT and actually may not pick a DT at all in the draft. They may decide that Okoye is an every down DT and that Robinson, Okam, Cody, etc... will make an effective rotation at the other DT spot. They could also move Smith inside next to Okoye and if Barwin improves play him full time at the other DE cause he should be bigger and just as fast next year. I wouldn't have a problem if they didn't take a DT at all since the additions of Pollard and Cushing we've been much better able to stop the run. This would allow us to focus more heavily on the O-line and secondary, the teams 2 biggest needs. It's sad though that everything we do or speculate on is dependant on what happens with Dunta.

badboy
10-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I disagree with your first point, I think Smith will try to re-sing Dunta because they don't want to let him walk and get nothing for him. Hopefully they talk some sense into him and show him that he's not worth the contract they offered him last year and can sign him for a reasonable offer and then trade him for a 2nd round pick. They could also use a transition tag on him, reducing his salary and making him easier to trade. This move would probably really piss him off and he'd be a holdout like this year. I'm actually 50/50 on whether or not Dunta will be back next year, he's a very good #2 CB but only an average #1 CB, there's definite room for improvement. I agree with your last statement though, if he's not re-signed then CB becomes our highest priority in FA and the draft. Hopefully we can pick Joe Haden.
Badboy made a good point, if our undersized DT's keep improving and this system works there's a good chance the Texans may not go after a huge NT/DT and actually may not pick a DT at all in the draft. They may decide that Okoye is an every down DT and that Robinson, Okam, Cody, etc... will make an effective rotation at the other DT spot. They could also move Smith inside next to Okoye and if Barwin improves play him full time at the other DE cause he should be bigger and just as fast next year. I wouldn't have a problem if they didn't take a DT at all since the additions of Pollard and Cushing we've been much better able to stop the run. This would allow us to focus more heavily on the O-line and secondary, the teams 2 biggest needs. It's sad though that everything we do or speculate on is dependant on what happens with Dunta.Agree! I am trying to not allow my feelings about DR holding out, influence me. You say he is a #2 CB and I agree but on this team he plays #1. He needs to improve greatly from now on to get a high $ contract. If he does fine as he might be worth the money. I really would take a high to middle 2nd round for him today.
We should not lose sight of Glover Quinn who is doing all right. I am not sure if a CB will be available to us that will be a starter, even Haden. I do agree if DR is not on team & no trade is made for a CB, then our first round selection should be a corner.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-30-2009, 12:40 PM
We will get a 3rd round compensatory pick out of Dunta when he signs with another team.

badboy
10-30-2009, 01:15 PM
We will get a 3rd round compensatory pick out of Dunta when he signs with another team.How do we get a 3rd? I thought we had to lose in the next off season more to free agency than we signed the year before. DR should be the only high calibre player we lose (if we do lose him) and the signed starting DE Antonio Smith which should cancel out DR. Shaun Cody was another signed as a solid DT with playing time as is our back up QB Orslovsky.

We signed one starter FA and at least four backups in Grossman, O, Cody and Cato June. Others such as Khari I am unsure if still on team. The way I understand Comp picks we don't get any by just losing DR. Much better to trade him.
Supporting links http://walterfootball.com/offseason2009hou.php
http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2009/03/projecting-2009-compensatory-nfl-draft.html

Wolf6151
10-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Agree! I am trying to not allow my feelings about DR holding out, influence me. You say he is a #2 CB and I agree but on this team he plays #1. He needs to improve greatly from now on to get a high $ contract. If he does fine as he might be worth the money. I really would take a high to middle 2nd round for him today.
We should not lose sight of Glover Quinn who is doing all right. I am not sure if a CB will be available to us that will be a starter, even Haden. I do agree if DR is not on team & no trade is made for a CB, then our first round selection should be a corner.

I understand your point that Glover Quin is showing some promise for the future but so did Fred Bennett his rookie year and now most people would like to see him gone. I don't like the idea of relying on Quin's improvement. I'd like to see the Texans go after Haden and then if Quin does continue to improve we're pleasantly surprised and have the added depth at a weak position. It's sad that our whole draft revolves around whether or not Dunta stays or goes. I also don't want us to wait til the 3rd round to get a Guard, I think Guard is a bigger need than Safety and I'd like to see it addressed in the 2nd and 4th rounds. I think Pollard has filled SS well enough that we can wait another year for a great coverage SS and we can address FS in the 3rd round since Wilson is still under contract for 2 more years. Hopefully the Texans can figure a way to get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, we need the extra quality talent on this team. Maybe we sign and trade Dunta, maybe a compensatory pick, or maybe we trade a decent player for picks.

Who would you guys trade to get picks in the draft and what do you honestly think we'd get for the player?

beerlover
10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I understand your point that Glover Quin is showing some promise for the future but so did Fred Bennett his rookie year and now most people would like to see him gone. I don't like the idea of relying on Quin's improvement. I'd like to see the Texans go after Haden and then if Quin does continue to improve we're pleasantly surprised and have the added depth at a weak position. It's sad that our whole draft revolves around whether or not Dunta stays or goes. I also don't want us to wait til the 3rd round to get a Guard, I think Guard is a bigger need than Safety and I'd like to see it addressed in the 2nd and 4th rounds. I think Pollard has filled SS well enough that we can wait another year for a great coverage SS and we can address FS in the 3rd round since Wilson is still under contract for 2 more years. Hopefully the Texans can figure a way to get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, we need the extra quality talent on this team. Maybe we sign and trade Dunta, maybe a compensatory pick, or maybe we trade a decent player for picks.

Who would you guys trade to get picks in the draft and what do you honestly think we'd get for the player?

they traded Travis for a 6th. it's really hard to do & get decent value. the Texans have no shot @ Haden where they will select, if they could find a team willing to swap 1st's (low 20's for low teen's) & Dunta Robinson that's an option, but god that's like months away, maybe all the way into the 10th pick draft day :barman:

badboy
10-30-2009, 03:28 PM

Who would you guys trade to get picks in the draft and what do you honestly think we'd get for the player?i agree on Quinn compared to Bennett. I think our O line will be different later this season and for sure next year. I see Studdard at LG (he is a fighter and is doing better) Caldwell C and Myers RG with Brisiel and White the back ups. Pitts gone. So I do not see a OG before 4th and I have Thomas Austin Clemson OG/C/T there 6'3" 310 5.16. I then have Eric Olsen with one of our 5ths (I'm hoping TJ plays well enought to move it from a 6th). Olsen Notre Dame C who started 12 in 2008 before coach moved to center. 6'4" 305 5.26. I think the realignment of the Oline as I described lower the priority for guards which usually do not go high. There are just too many tackles that get moved to G in the NFL.

I don't see a compensatory pick coming to Texans if we lose DR. I would love a 2nd for him though. He is the only starter I'd trade for picks.

LonerATO
11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Walt has the Texans taking Earl Thomas in the 1st round and I can see that. I have been high on the kid this whole year and at the start of the season I thought he was 2nd rd talent. I now believe that after watching almost ever Texas game that this kid is high 1st rd talent and I like it.

bah007
11-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Walt has the Texans taking Earl Thomas in the 1st round and I can see that. I have been high on the kid this whole year and at the start of the season I thought he was 2nd rd talent. I now believe that after watching almost ever Texas game that this kid is high 1st rd talent and I like it.

I've been telling you guys...

I still think Thomas stays at least one more year at Texas though.

badboy
11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Walt has the Texans taking Earl Thomas in the 1st round and I can see that. I have been high on the kid this whole year and at the start of the season I thought he was 2nd rd talent. I now believe that after watching almost ever Texas game that this kid is high 1st rd talent and I like it.For some reason I never get to see much play by this player. If he can be rated by NFL as a 1st round he should come out. He has the stats

nero THE zero
11-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Earl Thomas FS
Trevard Lindley CB
Toby Gerhart RB

Uh, yea, where do I sign up?

badboy
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Earl Thomas FS
Trevard Lindley CB
Toby Gerhart RB

Uh, yea, where do I sign up?Done deal! I dont think Gerhart will be there in round 3 for us & I'd really like to get Ogahbaase DT somehow, Neal out of Purdue is on my radar now 6'3" 302 4.96 DT/DE check the review
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78271&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

The thing with player progress it is hard to narrow down what we will do.

DT; new rotation seems to be doing well against pretty good running backs. Is Okam working his way off the team or will Kubes be satisfied with roster and not draft a DT? There will be some interesting FA choices out there & Smith maybe pumped at how well the A. SMith pickup is doing. Cody is ok also.

Safeties: Pollard has looked pretty solid and not a flash in the pan. Wilson looking good after healing. Will Quinn be moved to safety or continue to flourish at corner?

Guards? WHo is not impressed with the better play of Studdard and Caldwell?

RB? Well yeah but if Moats can keep up the pace and Slaton can be used more appropriately & hang on to the ball, we've got our 3 back rotation and Foster may develop like I thought he would.

Maybe we can just sell all our picks to Darryl Morey?

Blake
11-06-2009, 03:55 PM
I've been telling you guys...

I still think Thomas stays at least one more year at Texas though.

He really should stay one more year. I dont think his body is ready for the NFL IMO. Another year of weight trainging and conditioning would be really good for him.

But with Colt leaving, he might think that now is a good time to go.

badboy
11-06-2009, 03:59 PM
He really should stay one more year. I dont think his body is ready for the NFL IMO. Another year of weight trainging and conditioning would be really good for him.

But with Colt leaving, he might think that now is a good time to go.If NFL give him a first round rating would you tell him to stay in college? He is 20.

bah007
11-06-2009, 05:02 PM

But with Colt leaving, he might think that now is a good time to go.

If he comes out right now the NFL will plug him in at CB. He needs to add some weight to his frame if he wants to be a NFL FS.

It's really up to him as to which one he would prefer.

bah007
11-06-2009, 05:03 PM
If NFL give him a first round rating would you tell him to stay in college? He is 20.

Depends on what position he wants to play in the pros.

Want to play CB? Go now.

Want to play FS? Stay another year and get bigger.