PDA

View Full Version : Wembley 2009 Pats Vs Bucs

UK_Texan
10-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Just curious probably a long shot but is any one on here making the trip? I'll be heading down to Wembley again this year for my only chance to see some NFL and with Brady's have a scorcher last week hopefully it should be a great game

Maddict5
10-22-2009, 07:18 AM
very long shot mate..

would we travel to the states to watch a Utd game? (especially assuming we're not not united supporter).im only across the water & im not going to wembley until the texans come over

kastofsna
10-22-2009, 08:12 AM
the Bucs have one of the worst defenses in the league, especially the secondary, and Brady is in top form. boy oh boy.

if there's any saving grace, it's that the Pats have like 3 active receivers on the roster right now.

HOU-TEX
10-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Represent our Texans well, my friend. :thumbup:

UK_Texan
10-22-2009, 02:42 PM
very long shot mate..

would we travel to the states to watch a Utd game? (especially assuming we're not not united supporter).im only across the water & im not going to wembley until the texans come over

Yeah definatly at Utd fan, saw a texans fan their last year plus whole host of fans from various teams which was good.

Be nice to see texans here one day, Me and my brother will represent Texans for everyone just a shame wont be able to keep with our game.

Ranger Tom
10-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I heard that the Patriots are the most hated team among those who follow American football in Britain. A lot of people over there are going to be disappointed when Tom Brady's finished. But who knows? If the Raiders could win a game, why not the Buccaneers?

Double Barrel
10-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I heard that the Patriots are the most hated team among those who follow American football in Britain.

Why? Is it because of the name and what it implies? :um:

mancunian
10-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I heard that the Patriots are the most hated team among those who follow American football in Britain. A lot of people over there are going to be disappointed when Tom Brady's finished. But who knows? If the Raiders could win a game, why not the Buccaneers?

They are both the most popular and despised. Goes hand in hand with their success in the early part of the decade which saw them add loads of new fans in the UK.

Historically when the game first made inroads in the UK (early to mid 80's) the most popular were:

49ers, Redskins, Raiders, Bears, Dolphins...

And when the Patriots have a losing season or two some of those fans will jump ship and follow someone else.