PDA

View Full Version : Something not being talked about regarding the Titans

nero THE zero
10-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Obviously the Titans are imploding this season. This fall has been attributed to the defense, specifically the loss of Albert Haynesworth and/or Schwartz. Given the absence of a pass rush of the front four, something more attributable to talents than coaching, I tend to side with the former.

Obviously Tennessee has some decisions to be made on the offensive side of the ball in regards to their QB. And, Jeff Fisher is supposedly on the hot seat. But, if their play continues, and they choose to stand pat, they could very well be in position to draft Suh with their first pick in the draft and have an instant replacement for Haynesworth.

Obviously one player is not going to fix an entire team, especially a rookie DT, and this idea is based on a lot of conjecture and contingencies. But, it just strikes me as humorous that if the pieces all fall in places the Titans could be back where they were in the circle of life.

Buffi2
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
. But, it just strikes me as humorous that if the pieces all fall in places the Titans could be back where they were in the circle of life.

As Howard Cosell so aptly put it, Sports is human life in microcosm.

That is my old person borrowed wisdom for the day.

I'm loving the Titan record this season!:lol:

gtexan02
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
DTs are notoriously difficult to project. Haynesworth took years before he played at that level.
Plus their confidence is shot
Plus their starting QB has lost his game
Plus they will probably have a new coach

I dont think they're going to be 13-3 next season

toronto
10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
DTs are notoriously difficult to project. Haynesworth took years before he played at that level.
Plus their confidence is shot
Plus their starting QB has lost his game
Plus they will probably have a new coach

I dont think they're going to be 13-3 next season

Correct, and no frigging way does this team with a top 3 pick (IMO) pass up on several likely franchise QB picks. Yes the Titans need a new AH, but what the team needs more than anything is an actual franchise QB. That's what gets teams out of the ashes more than anything, just ask a Falcon, Saint or Colt fan.

One thing that is ironic, their collapse is happening in a draft year that will likely be the strongest in ages thanks to the massive fear agents are already beginning to drill into college kids - that a rookie cap is coming, so leave now before it's too late.

Makes Belicheck even more of a genius IIRC he already has 9 picks in the 1st 3 rounds of this draft.

Jackie Chiles
10-20-2009, 12:04 PM
One thing that is ironic, their collapse is happening in a draft year that will likely be the strongest in ages thanks to the massive fear agents are already beginning to drill into college kids - that a rookie cap is coming, so leave now before it's too late.

Too bad you guys traded away your 2nd rounder from this year already. Who got that pick anyway, NE?

toronto
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Too bad you guys traded away your 2nd rounder from this year already. Who got that pick anyway, NE?

Don't remember, but I do know they will get a 3rd round compenation pick for AH, and also had one more extra IIRC (3rd or 4th).