PDA

View Full Version : Antione Caldwell

Speedy
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I thought he did pretty well in pass pro considering it was his very first pro game. He did have his guy get through to knock the pass down once, but other than that, not bad.

In the run game however, he got stood up a lot at the point of attack and never really got any forward momentum. Lots of work to do there.

TEXANS84
10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
On one play with a running play to the left, he barreled the DT about 7 feet backwards. I was pretty impressed with the MASH unit as a whole yesterday...and it was good to see we can get a yard when we needed it on 3rd and 1 situations.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 03:21 PM
I never really had a chance to focus on one particular position. I'll watch the DVR sometime this week. From the hip, it doesn't appear we took a step back at the position, but our run blocking still kinda stinks. I don't want to single anyone out yet without watching the game again. I will say, I noticed Myers in our back field again on a couple occasions. :winky:

TheRealJoker
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Our overall blocking looked improved this week but I wonder how much of that was attributed to Odom and Peko getting hurt which let our backups match up against their's.

Also, even before the injuries the Cardinals had a more stout DL with Darnell Dockett anchoring the middle.

False Start
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I will say, I noticed Myers in our back field again on a couple occasions. :winky:

No, not him........ :heh:

I think Caldwell held his own pretty damn good for his first start.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 03:28 PM
No, not him........ :heh:

I think Caldwell held his own pretty damn good for his first start.

Yeah, I'm trying my dernedest to keep from spewing off another rant about that dude. :)

alphajoker
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I never really had a chance to focus on one particular position. I'll watch the DVR sometime this week. From the hip, it doesn't appear we took a step back at the position, but our run blocking still kinda stinks. I don't want to single anyone out yet without watching the game again. I will say, I noticed Myers in our back field again on a couple occasions. :winky:

Dude is always in the backfield...I'm surprised he doesn't get flagged for an illegal formation. :splits:

False Start
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'm trying my dernedest to keep from spewing off another rant about that dude. :)

Its hard I know, but you must resist. :shades:

jppaul
10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Our overall blocking looked improved this week but I wonder how much of that was attributed to Odom and Peko getting hurt which let our backups match up against their's.

Also, even before the injuries the Cardinals had a more stout DL with Darnell Dockett anchoring the middle.

If you go back and rewatch it our backups were actually more effective in the run game against their starters as compared to how much movement they got against the backups. Weird.

ObsiWan
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Myers got blown up on twists and stunts at least a couple of times yesterday. We need an upgrade.

Joe Texan
10-19-2009, 09:44 PM
he needed to pee on himself

DexmanC
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM

That was Chris White. Probably what the guys were laughing about
before Kubes hit the podium after the game. I distinctly remember Mcclain
asking Kubes what the noise was in the locker room, and he responded. "Talk
to Chris White. I'll tell ya that much."

False Start
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
That was Chris White. Probably what the guys were laughing about
before Kubes hit the podium after the game. I distinctly remember Mcclain
asking Kubes what the noise was in the locker room, and he responded. "Talk
to Chris White. I'll tell ya that much."

I saw that last night on Inside the Game..... wtf? lol

silvrhand
10-19-2009, 11:18 PM

you'd be surprised that it's not that uncommon to see someone do that in a game on the line hehe.