PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Tomorrow......

No More 8-8's
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
any rumors out there for us Texans fans???

Personally I would love to get Shaun Rogers from the Browns. Fills a huge need, plays tough, and is actually Texan in real life!

nero THE zero
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I just posted this in another thread, but anyone dreaming of a big beefy guy in the middle of our line can keep dreaming:
One reason the Texans played such good run defense is because they've gotten lighter but more active and aggressive in the defensive line. The kept five ends and three tackles — Jeff Zgonina, Amobi Okoye and Frank Okam — active. Antonio Smith and Tim Bulman played inside as part of the rotation.

“We rallied to the ball and put a lot of hats on him (Benson),” Zgonina said. “It helped that we could chill a little on the bench while the offense was moving the ball so well. We were fresh.”

Goatcheese
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM

Personally I would love to get Shaun Rogers from the Browns. Fills a huge need, plays tough, and is actually Texan in real life!

I just posted this in another thread, but anyone dreaming of a big beefy guy in the middle of our line can keep dreaming:

Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.

TheRealJoker
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't mind trading a high draft pick next year for Rogers if it meant we'd be better equipped to make a push for the postseason. He definately fits the bill of an impact NT for our team and would put a guy like Zgonina in his more natural role as a rotation player at this stage of his career instead of key contributor for the stretch run. The old man cant play at the level he's been playing at recently all season imo, that's just too much to ask of a vet with his years.

badboy
10-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.Rogers was mentioned on one of the radio shows last Friday. 355 lbs one sack 09 and 30 years old. As there is no DT in draft I want and only two possibles in free agency, I'd offer a 2 this year but hesitate over a first round.

BigBull17
10-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't mind trading a high draft pick next year for Rogers if it meant we'd be better equipped to make a push for the postseason. He definately fits the bill of an impact NT for our team and would put a guy like Zgonina in his more natural role as a rotation player at this stage of his career instead of key contributor for the stretch run. The old man cant play at the level he's been playing at recently all season imo, that's just too much to ask of a vet with his years.

It would have to be conditional. I think I would give up a 3rd that could become a second if he/we meet certain goals. Maybe try and get Jamal Lewis as well.

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
It would have to be conditional. I think I would give up a 3rd that could become a second if he/we meet certain goals. Maybe try and get Jamal Lewis as well.

I like the Jamal Lewis idea.

Mr. White
10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but now's the time to move Jacoby while his stock is high.

If not him, we could probably afford to part with one or more of our receivers.

6 good WR's on one roster is a luxury.

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but now's the time to move Jacoby while his stock is high.

If not him, we could probably afford to part with one or more of our receivers.

6 good WR's on one roster is a luxury.

I agree with you. I think Andre Davis could easily fill his role back up as a long threat and his hands are more dependable. Also Martinez has done well before as a PR.

beerlover
10-19-2009, 02:12 PM
the Jets just cut Howard Green. He was orginally drafted by the Texans in the 6th rd. back in 02 to play Nose in Capers 3-4. 6-2 320. just a space eater :fridge:

BigBull17
10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I agree with you. I think Andre Davis could easily fill his role back up as a long threat and his hands are more dependable. Also Martinez has done well before as a PR.

Andre Davis can't get it done. Jacoby is a better wide reciever, at this point. Davis couldn't hack it. JJ stretches the field, and has been pretty dependable as a wide out. He also returns better. Can't get onboard with this, unless we could nab a 2nd.

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Andre will bust one before the year's through. Jacoby is showing alot of plus but there are so many holes, you can afford to let Jacoby go.

Ryan
10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Jacoby would only be expendable for me if we got a really good player in return or maybe a 2nd. He is a true weapon on special teams when he holds on and is now becoming a weapon in the receiving game like we've wanted him to be.

False Start
10-19-2009, 02:36 PM
I seriously doubt the Texans will make a move. I like the idea of Shaun Rogers, he would be great along side of Amobi. As far as Jacoby, I used to be on the cut him bandwagon, but he has changed my mind this season. With eight receptions, and 3 TDs, he has a hell of a TD to reception ratio. I think if we did trade him it would come back to bite the Texans in the arse somehow, someway. I would rather just keep him.

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm saying trade him for Shaun Rogers. That would be the only trade I would make unless it was something even better.

TheRealJoker
10-19-2009, 03:02 PM
The way JJ has been playing this season, he's more than a luxury, he's a key contributor even with the occasional muff. He's finally developing into a bonafide NFL player instead of a raw project!!! If he keeps this up he's got the opportunity to be a premier deep threat in the NFL for us and a nightmare for DCs. How can they dedicate a safety to AJ at all times when they've only got one other safety to help the other CBs/LBers with KW and OD who can kill them underneath or JJ who can go the distance if he gets a step on their CB?

This becomes even more problematic if we use Slaton the rest of the season like we did yesterday having him take more screen passes to get him out in space and make plays with the football which is something we should've been doing every game since day 1 with that playmaker!!!

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
like we did yesterday having him take more screen passes to get him out in space and make plays with the football which is something we should've been doing every game since day 1 with that playmaker!!!

No joke. Just about every screen he's taken has gone for big gains. Even the one against NYj when he fumbled.

ReliantTexan
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I think we should try and move one of our TEs, Dreessen most likely. There are teams that are in need of a sure handed TE like Dreessen. I'm sure his value would be pretty high to a team like the Bengals, who have no reliable pass catchers at that spot.

nero THE zero
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I think we should try and move one of our TEs, Dreessen most likely. There are teams that are in need of a sure handed TE like Dreessen. I'm sure his value would be pretty high to a team like the Bengals, who have no reliable pass catchers at that spot.

They'd have to give us Clark Harris back in return.

TheRealJoker
10-19-2009, 03:23 PM

The Bengals would certainly be a candidate to trade Dreesen to but after their injuries on the DL (Odom and Peko) I dont think they'd have the depth to make a move. Dreesen would be more valuable to us than whatever players the Bengals would be willing to give us in exchange that would help us win this season.

Dan B.
10-19-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't see the Browns taking JJ when they've already got Cribbs. That would be an interesting dilemma on punts though.

Texecutioner
10-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.

I would totally go after Shaun Rogers. I wanted the Texans to make a move for him in the off season when Mangini and Rogers weren't getting along. Rogers can be as dominant as any DT in the entire league when he is motivated. The guy has had to play for the Lions and the stinky Browns for most of his career. That guy just needs to go to a team that is pretty good and is a player or two away. Rogers could help out this defense tremendously. He would easily be worth a 2nd rounder. They might as well trade him any way, since they are terrible with or without his ass. I would try and entice them with Jacoby Jones and some sort of conditional pick.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
JJ has scored 4 TD's overall. Davis has yet to score. Why do we want to get rid of JJ again?

Admittedly, I've been down on JJ before, but the dude's a playmaker. I don't want to get rid of playmaker's unless they lose it or become a cancer to our team.

Plus, I've heard he's a good friend of AJ's. Let us not piss AJ off. :winky:

TheRealJoker
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
A move for Rogers would be reminiscent of the Colts trading for Booger Mcfarland, overall that trade didn't work out for them but I think they won the Super Bowl that year... :)

No More 8-8's
10-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Another trade this would remind me of, is when the JETS got Kris Jenkins from the Panthers. Even though that was in the offseason, its possible that Shaun could fill a major hole we have, and be a great hometown story.

This could also help in luring away the "Tennessee VinceYoungs" Fans who only cheer for the Titans because they saw Vince play in Highschool.

TheRealJoker
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Another trade this would remind me of, is when the JETS got Kris Jenkins from the Panthers. Even though that was in the offseason, its possible that Shaun could fill a major hole we have, and be a great hometown story.

This could also help in luring away the "Tennessee VinceYoungs" Fans who only cheer for the Titans because they saw Vince play in Highschool.

Not to mention with Rogers' ability to collapse the pocket Mario's pressures would become sacks.

Okay...enough salivating over a dream scenario...time to move on!!!

Texecutioner
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
JJ has scored 4 TD's overall. Davis has yet to score. Why do we want to get rid of JJ again?

Admittedly, I've been down on JJ before, but the dude's a playmaker. I don't want to get rid of playmaker's unless they lose it or become a cancer to our team.

Plus, I've heard he's a good friend of AJ's. Let us not piss AJ off. :winky:

JJ's potential is never going to be that high as a WR. Hey if someone wants to buy high on him and give us something that can help out the defense then that would be a no brainer. The Texans offense is a great offense with or without Jacoby Jones. They need help out on defense right now.

Sean Rogers would be our answer at DT.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM
JJ's potential is never going to be that high as a WR. Hey if someone wants to buy high on him and give us something that can help out the defense then that would be a no brainer. The Texans offense is a great offense with or without Jacoby Jones. They need help out on defense right now.

Sean Rogers would be our answer at DT.

Well, put me in the hold on to JJ group if there is one. Now, don't get me wrong, if we were offered something significantly better than what was spent on him, I'd listen.

I've never been a fan of trading draft picks. If this Shaun Rodgers dream trade ever became a reality I reckon the Browns would want a little more than JJ.

Carr Bombed
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
LMAO!!! Some dumbass Dallas Cowboys fan just called into 790/Charlie Pallilo and proposed a Roy Williams and Marion Barber for Andre Johnson trade.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Laughing/lol-045.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

whew! I'm sorry.......I like Marion Barber and all (Roy is a absolute BUM though, with a capital B), but that guy killed me. LOL. I had to post this one here. I swear Cowboy fans think they'll just be able to pick up anybody......I bet right now they're busy putting a crack proof trade together for Peyton Manning. :rolleyes:

jaayteetx
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
LMAO!!! Some dumbass Dallas Cowboys fan just called into 790/Charlie Pallilo and proposed a Roy Williams and Marion Barber for Andre Johnson trade.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Laughing/lol-045.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

whew! I'm sorry.......I like Marion Barber and all (Roy is a absolute BUM though, with a capital B), but that guy killed me. LOL. I had to post this one here. I swear Cowboy fans think they'll just be able to pick up anybody......I bet right now they're busy putting a crack proof trade together for Peyton Manning. :rolleyes:

In their wettest dreams. Sorry, nope, not gonna happen. But, if they want to root for AJ, they can just drop their love affair with "America's Team" and start rooting for the best team in Texas, the Houston Texans!

dalemurphy
10-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I just listened to the Kubiak press conference. He was asked about the possibility of a trade and acted extra goofy about it. I think something is up and expect a trade of some kind to happen based on his body language and huge grin. He deflected the question to an absent Rick Smith but he looked like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar.

DiehardChris
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM

That is hilarious. LOL

jaayteetx
10-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I just listened to the Kubiak press conference. He was asked about the possibility of a trade and acted extra goofy about it. I think something is up and expect a trade of some kind to happen based on his body language and huge grin. He deflected the question to an absent Rick Smith but he looked like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar.

Mmm, very interesting. Kinda makes me feel like a kid on Christmas eve, whats under the tree?

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM

I noticed that myself. Did McClain mention a specific player? I couldn't hear his entire question.

DiehardChris
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM

He did act extra-bashful, didn't he?

Hmmm

Texans_Chick
10-19-2009, 04:52 PM

Smiled like the cat and the canary. Very unusual for the presser. But he seemed to say we going to be getting our guys ready.

I'd be surprised if it happened.

badboy
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I would totally go after Shaun Rogers. I wanted the Texans to make a move for him in the off season when Mangini and Rogers weren't getting along. Rogers can be as dominant as any DT in the entire league when he is motivated. The guy has had to play for the Lions and the stinky Browns for most of his career. That guy just needs to go to a team that is pretty good and is a player or two away. Rogers could help out this defense tremendously. He would easily be worth a 2nd rounder. They might as well trade him any way, since they are terrible with or without his ass. I would try and entice them with Jacoby Jones and some sort of conditional pick.I agree. JJ is playing better and his excitement + TDs makes him interesting. His TD yesterday was fairly open. I'd offer him and a 3rd that could move up to a 2nd based on productivity of Rodgers. We need a solid DT. Yes that is a lot but if it don't hurt it probably is a sucker deal.

RagingBull
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Anyone have a link to the presser video?

Texans_Chick
10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone have a link to the presser video?

They show it live. I do not think they record it. They will usually have a transcript of the quotes sometimes excluding nutty questions.

dalemurphy
10-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Smiled like the cat and the canary. Very unusual for the presser. But he seemed to say we going to be getting our guys ready.

I'd be surprised if it happened.

He didn't use that line until a lot of grinning and goofing around. So, without further adeiu, here's my list of prospects:

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

I have a hard time believing we'd trade right now for another position... perhaps a guard, but I doubt it and I really don't think they are going to mess around with the defensive line rotation.

DiehardChris
10-19-2009, 05:12 PM
They show it live. I do not think they record it. They will usually have a transcript of the quotes sometimes excluding nutty questions.

Are you calling Barry Warner nutty??

(Because he is. Beyond nutty, actually.)

He gets his question cut from the transcript almost every week, LOL.

badboy
10-19-2009, 05:13 PM
He didn't use that line until a lot of grinning and goofing around. So, without further adeiu, here's my list of prospects:

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

I have a hard time believing we'd trade right now for another position... perhaps a guard, but I doubt it and I really don't think they are going to mess around with the defensive line rotation.Oh, they would mess around with Dline greatly if the right trade was there.

DiehardChris
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

I have a hard time believing we'd trade right now for another position... perhaps a guard, but I doubt it and I really don't think they are going to mess around with the defensive line rotation.

If we give up anything for any of those guys, I'm going to hit myself in the head with a hammer.

Honoring Earl 34
If they make a trade then you know their putting all their chips in to keep a job .

RagingBull
I am hoping for Branden Albert and Glenn Dorsey from KC for a 3rd and a 5th.

DiehardChris
10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
My thoughts on the trade deadline (http://www.houstondiehards.com/?p=6520), and the realistic Texans players who might actually have trade value/willing to trade/have the depth to trade/other considerations.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 05:21 PM

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

Steven Jackson?

davemundy
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM

I like the idea of Rogers for a high draft pick. Since I know someone will bring it up, I don't like the idea of Vince Young for anything. If young is going anywhere, I'd guess the Cowboys.

Carr Bombed
10-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Steven Jackson?

That's my guy as well...

Larry Johnson is a bum, he hasn't done crap since he lost the future HOFer Willie Roaf and other very talented lineman. He was nothing, but a product of that dominating line the Chiefs "USED" to have.....even Chief fans admit it. I wouldn't give up a 4th round pick for him.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 05:38 PM
That's my guy as well...

Larry Johnson is a bum, he hasn't done crap since he lost the future HOFer Willie Roaf and other very talented lineman. He was nothing, but a product of that dominating line the Chiefs "USED" to have.....even Chief fans admit it. I wouldn't give up a 4th round pick for him.

His health would be somewhat of an issue, but there's no doubt the dude can beast.

I don't think the Texans would even look at LJ given his past problems with the Chiefs.

dalemurphy
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I am hoping for Branden Albert and Glenn Dorsey from KC for a 3rd and a 5th.

Ohhh, Glenn Dorsey! Yes. I like that idea.

dalemurphy
10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
If we give up anything for any of those guys, I'm going to hit myself in the head with a hammer.

You wouldn't want Ladell Betts?

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Not that we really need him now, but......

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson would be available "for a mid-round pick" before Tuesday's trade deadline.

Johnson's best position is strong-side linebacker in a 4-3 system. Teams that would be a good fit include Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Oakland, but mid-round picks are still difficult for any club to surrender.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

DiehardChris
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
You wouldn't want Ladell Betts?

If we could get him for a 6th or 7th, sure. Anything higher, no way.

Carr Bombed
10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Not that we really need him now, but......

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

LOL, maybe he could've offered Travis Johnson for him, then all the people that were pissed we passed him up for TJ would get over it. Looking back on it now though, it worked out for the best.....we probably wouldn't of drafted Cushing if we already had DJ.

JWarren14
10-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Wouldn't mind trying to get Seymour and the better Bush from da Radiers, but not sure what it would take.

Would be a huge upgrade to both sides of the ball. Seymour would add depth and experience to DL the ability to play inside and out. Bush would help in short yardage and take some of the load off of Slaton.

I want to see some trades! Blockbuster deals are always fun, even if it isn't our team, I want to see some action.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't mind trying to get Seymour and the better Bush from da Radiers, but not sure what it would take.

Would be a huge upgrade to both sides of the ball. Seymour would add depth and experience to DL the ability to play inside and out. Bush would help in short yardage and take some of the load off of Slaton.

I want to see some trades! Blockbuster deals are always fun, even if it isn't our team, I want to see some action.

Well, Al Davis gave a 1st rounder to the Pats for Seymour.........so we could probably get him for a 6th now.

mussop
10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Steve Jackson. Rams are 0 and 6 and he is 26 years old. By the time they get their act to gether his career will be over. It would be stupid for them not to trade him and get something that could help them in the rebuilding of that team.

Seymour. Al Davis has said everyone but the young talented guys are for sale. Seymour would add a proven winner, leadership, and serious talent to our DL.

Glenn Dorsey. Its been reported that he is on the trade block. He is twice the player Okoye is and would fit this system well.

Goatcheese
10-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Glenn Dorsey. Its been reported that he is on the trade block. He is twice the player Okoye is and would fit this system well.

The way he's playing we could just wait and pick him up off the waiver wire. He's awful.

False Start
10-19-2009, 06:25 PM

That guy must be buying his crack from Michael Irvin. :ok:

Dan B.
10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't really see the point in Steven Jackson. He's proven that he is a versatile weapon when he gets protection, but I don't think he brings much different of a skill set than Slaton does to our RB corps. Considering the cost relative to other needs, I'd prefer a bruiser if we are going RB.

If we are going to trade, give me secondary. Somehow, some way they need to bring in a legit shutdown corner or top notch FS. Then address the other two spots in the offseason.

Malloy
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
I want MJD, he's grumpy at the JAX playcalling :)

mussop
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
The way he's playing we could just wait and pick him up off the waiver wire. He's awful.

Why do you say this? He has 22 tackles in 6 games playing out of position at DE in a 4/3. You do understand what a 4/3 DE's responsibilities are dont you? Thats more than anyone on our DL has.

Mario 21
Okoye 18
Jeff Zgonina 13
Antonio Smith 12
Tim Bulman 8
Shaun Cody 5
DelJuan Robinson 3

I guaranantee you he will not get cut.

I don't really see the point in Steven Jackson. He's proven that he is a versatile weapon when he gets protection, but I don't think he brings much different of a skill set than Slaton does to our RB corps. Considering the cost relative to other needs, I'd prefer a bruiser if we are going RB.

If we are going to trade, give me secondary. Somehow, some way they need to bring in a legit shutdown corner or top notch FS. Then address the other two spots in the offseason.

Are you kidding? Steven Jackson is 6-2 Weight: 236 and is one of the best RB's in the NFL with a halfway decent OL in front of him.

Dan B.
10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Are you kidding? Steven Jackson is 6-2 Weight: 236 and is one of the best RB's in the NFL with a halfway decent OL in front of him.

I don't think he would be worth the cost in picks or the cost to resign him. I'd rather solidify our secondary or DL and get a big honkin bruiser that can be had for less to run it up the middle for short yardage. For any faults that Slaton has shown, he hasn't shown an injury bug and I think he can safely handle 2/3 or so of the carries in a game and hold up with a few breathers. I don't think SJ should be that 1/3 of the time back.

I'm not saying Jackson sucks, just that he isn't worth it. Maybe if we went for broke and pulled a Portis, trading Slaton for an elite DB, then trading for Jackson. Or Slaton for Jackson, with filler to be worked out. But I don't see the point in both on the same RB squad.

mussop
10-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't think he would be worth the cost in picks or the cost to resign him. I'd rather solidify our secondary or DL and get a big honkin bruiser that can be had for less to run it up the middle for short yardage. For any faults that Slaton has shown, he hasn't shown an injury bug and I think he can safely handle 2/3 or so of the carries in a game and hold up with a few breathers. I don't think SJ should be that 1/3 of the time back.

I'm not saying Jackson sucks, just that he isn't worth it.

I understand, but if Jackson did come here he wouldnt be Slatons backup, it would be the other way around.

Goatcheese
10-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Why do you say this? He has 22 tackles in 6 games playing out of position at DE in a 4/3. You do understand what a 4/3 DE's responsibilities are dont you? Thats more than anyone on our DL has.

Mario 21
Okoye 18
Jeff Zgonina 13
Antonio Smith 12
Tim Bulman 8
Shaun Cody 5
DelJuan Robinson 3

I guaranantee you he will not get cut.

Because he is playing worse? :gamer:

There's a reason people are saying Okoye has turned the corner, and one of the worst teams in the league wants to dump Dorsey.

mussop
10-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Because he is playing worse? :gamer:

There's a reason people are saying Okoye has turned the corner, and one of the worst teams in the league wants to dump Dorsey.

Worse than who? Have you actually watched him play or are you just making this up?

:thinking: I dont even know how to respond to this. :mcnugget:

But I'll try. The reason people are saying that Okoye has turned the corner might just be because of the fact that we have played two of the worst running teams in the NFL out of our last 3 games.

The reason one of the worst teams in the NFL is wanting to dump Dorsey is because they have new coaches that want to install a new scheme that doesnt fit his talents. Ill bet you that Dorsey ends up having more tackles than Okoye at the end of the year even if he doesnt get traded and has to keep playing out of position

Goatcheese
10-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Worse than who? Have you actually watched him play or are you just making this up?

:thinking: I dont even know how to respond to this. :mcnugget:

But I'll try. The reason people are saying that Okoye has turned the corner might just be because of the fact that we have played two of the worst running teams in the NFL out of our last 3 games.

The reason one of the worst teams in the NFL is wanting to dump Dorsey is because they have new coaches that want to install a new scheme that doesnt fit his talents. Ill bet you that Dorsey ends up having more tackles than Okoye at the end of the year even if he doesnt get traded and has to keep playing out of position

I saw KC week 1 against the Ravens, and week 3 against the Iggles. The guy does nothing. I think he glared disapprovingly at Kolb once, but that's about it.

I'm sure he will have a lot of tackles as teams are not the least bit scared of running at him. Morlon Greenwood had a lot of tackles too.

:polevault:

ObsiWan
10-19-2009, 07:37 PM

Well when you said "Cowboy fan" did you really expect a high level intellect?
:D

ObsiWan
10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Steve Jackson. Rams are 0 and 6 and he is 26 years old. By the time they get their act to gether his career will be over. It would be stupid for them not to trade him and get something that could help them in the rebuilding of that team.

Seymour. Al Davis has said everyone but the young talented guys are for sale. Seymour would add a proven winner, leadership, and serious talent to our DL.

I mentioned this on the "Al Davis Firesale" thread. That's one guy I would give up a 2nd round pick for. ...maybe a 3rd and 5th with the condition that if he gets X no. of sacks or helps us into the playoffs that 5th becomes a 4th.

RagingBull
10-19-2009, 10:15 PM
OK, who would do this trade: Connor Barwin for Glen Dorsey?

Barwin fits their 3-4 better and Dorsey fits our 4-3 better.

Any takers?

Honoring Earl 34
10-19-2009, 10:40 PM
The Bengals need a TE pretty bad and the Texans have a surplus ... hmmm ... Jonathon Luigis for which one ?

Sal Rosenberg
10-19-2009, 10:43 PM

Any takers?

No thanks.too much wear and tear = Dorsey

RagingBull
10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
The Bengals need a TE pretty bad and the Texans have a surplus ... hmmm ... Jonathon Luigis for which one ?

Hill

hookinreds
10-20-2009, 12:28 AM

Steve Smith...no, not the other one...THAT ONE! :sarcasm:

mussop
10-20-2009, 12:35 AM

Any takers?

Thats a no brainer as far as Im concerned.

No thanks.too much wear and tear = DorseyWhat are you talking about, its only his second year?

mussop
10-20-2009, 12:49 AM
I saw KC week 1 against the Ravens, and week 3 against the Iggles. The guy does nothing. I think he glared disapprovingly at Kolb once, but that's about it.

I'm sure he will have a lot of tackles as teams are not the least bit scared of running at him. Morlon Greenwood had a lot of tackles too.

:polevault:

Once again, do you understand that the primary function of the DL in a 3/4 is to protect the LBs and play the run?

If youre theory had any merit Okoye would be leading the NFL in tackles. :pop:

Greenwood had alot of tackles because the defense was designed to funnel plays to the LB's.

michaelm
10-20-2009, 01:26 AM
While we are throwing out wild suggestions, I'll toss out Kampman from the Packers. He is really being misused now that they have moved to the 3-4. Antonio Smith has succes in that scheme. Straight up swap. Of course this would accelorate their respective guaranteed money onto this years cap, but that might be a good thing, if we have the room to do it.

Crazy? Like a fox. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m5kwatts
10-20-2009, 01:50 AM
KC Chiefs DT Tank Tyler traded for a 5th rounder...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/tank-tyler-traded-to-carolina/

AnthonyE
10-20-2009, 01:51 AM

I just saw this. Goofy indeed. It looked like at first he tried to keep a straight face and then he couldn't hold it in anymore.

DocBar
10-20-2009, 02:25 AM
I really don't understand someone not wanting Glenn Dorsey. I would do a straight up trade for Okoye in a heartbeat. Dorsey is already a man while we're twiddling our thumbs waiting on Okoye to grow into one. I'm not a big Okoye hater, but I thin Dorsey would be a tremendous lift for us. I'll bet Dorsey would love the trade, too and come out like a freight train.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/career_stats.php?player_id=8782

Steven Jackson would be another good trade for us. SS looks like the 3rd down back he was drafted to be, so why not upgrade the starting position and use SS as a 3rd down back. I wouldn't give up a lot for him, especially no draft picks. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/career_stats.php?player_id=6783

SAMURAITEXAN
10-20-2009, 02:41 AM
I want big DT.

Go Texans!!!

beerlover
10-20-2009, 03:06 AM
I would make an offer for Chris Hovan, DT Bucs.....in Rick Smith I trust :ant:

BigBull17
10-20-2009, 08:16 AM
I would be down with Steven Jackson. Hovan is a mean a-hole who further gives us a little attitude on D. Maybe talk to Detroit about Julian Peterson. He's a play maker.

Goatcheese
10-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Once again, do you understand that the primary function of the DL in a 3/4 is to protect the LBs and play the run?

If youre theory had any merit Okoye would be leading the NFL in tackles. :pop:

Greenwood had alot of tackles because the defense was designed to funnel plays to the LB's.

Successful 3-4s most certainly do not use their DEs as door stops. Go watch Richard Seymour in NE. The year our 3-4 didn't suck Gary Walker lived in the opponents back field.

So far this season Dorsey has been woefully bad by any definition, and with any assignment. In 2008 he was decent against the run in a 4-3, but was still terrible as a pass rusher.

Maybe a change of scenery and coaching turns him from a bust into a good player, but there's no way I trade Okoye or a pick in the first 4 rounds for 'maybe'. Especially not for an underachiever with a history of knee problems.

steelbtexan
10-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Successful 3-4s most certainly do not use their DEs as door stops. Go watch Richard Seymour in NE. The year our 3-4 didn't suck Gary Walker lived in the opponents back field.

So far this season Dorsey has been woefully bad by any definition, and with any assignment. In 2008 he was decent against the run in a 4-3, but was still terrible as a pass rusher.

Maybe a change of scenery and coaching turns him from a bust into a good player, but there's no way I trade Okoye or a pick in the first 4 rounds for 'maybe'. Especially not for an underachiever with a history of knee problems.

I would give up a 4th for Dorsey.

His lack of production and knee problems scare me.

If trading for Dorsey impact the ability to be a player in FA then I would pass.

mussop
10-20-2009, 11:01 AM

Since when did KC become a successful team?

So youre just going to ignore the stats?

Okoye is the definition of underachiever. I guess we'll see who has the better career. No reason to continue this because we arent getting Dorsey anyway.

Big Poundcake
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I'd be interested in possibly trading for DT Shaun Rogers.

badboy
10-20-2009, 11:43 AM

Glenn Dorsey. Its been reported that he is on the trade block. He is twice the player Okoye is and would fit this system well.It concerns me that jackson has 6 years at RB. He may be healthy but that is a lot of bumps and bruises. Depend on what the offer was.

badboy
10-20-2009, 11:44 AM
That guy must be buying his crack from Michael Irvin. :ok:My client list is confidential. signed Michael Irvin

Maddict5
10-20-2009, 11:49 AM
the pats are up to something

badboy
10-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Our "light" DTs are not getting job done for most part although it was better against Bensen. A motivated Shaun Rodgers would do wonders for Texans. There is no DT in draft I like and anyway, we'd have him or 10 regular games this season compared to a draft pick for 2010 who might take a while to get up to full speed.

BigBull17
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Our "light" DTs are not getting job done for most part although it was better against Bensen. A motivated Shaun Rodgers would do wonders for Texans. There is no DT in draft I like and anyway, we'd have him or 10 regular games this season compared to a draft pick for 2010 who might take a while to get up to full speed.

I agree. If you can geet him for a conditional pick, I do it.

Also, to aide the pass rush, maybe we could look into a guy like Aaron Schobel. Played for Kohlar, could add a little rush and mentoring. Could be cheap. Worth looking into.

Maddict5
10-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Our "light" DTs are not getting job done for most part although it was better against Bensen.

just as an aside, our 'heavy' DT got destroyed on benson's td run. cedric ran right through the sizable gap big frank left

badboy
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
just as an aside, our 'heavy' DT got destroyed on benson's td run. cedric ran right through the sizable gap big frank leftSurely you are not comparing Frank Okam to Shaun Rodgers based on his weight? Okam has the body for DT but his desire was questioned before we drafted him. I'd mix him into a draft scenario but who would take him? If we have Rodgers and Warren , Okam is gone.

No More 8-8's
10-20-2009, 12:19 PM
All we ask is for some better depth on the defensive line. Grady Jackson would be a nice fit, considering that Detroit is going no where this year.

The more "big bodies" the better IMO. Over the year, our small DT will be getting worn down, and hopefully we can prevent that.

spurstexanstros
10-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Clinton Portis anyone????? He has worked in Kube's system. We need a back that can get one or tow hard yards and he is a close friend to AJ. I say we do it.

False Start
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
When is the time deadline?

Clinton Portis anyone????? He has worked in Kube's system. We need a back that can get one or tow hard yards and he is a close friend to AJ. I say we do it.

Him and Dolemite Jenkins, and his various other personalities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQP8and4fc

FirstTexansFan
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
3pm our time (CST)

False Start
10-20-2009, 01:08 PM
3pm our time (CST)

Cool, thanks. So in the next 3 hours the fun of wishing for trades will end. I still have a serious doubt the Texans make a move.

badboy
10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Cool, thanks. So in the next 3 hours the fun of wishing for trades will end. I still have a serious doubt the Texans make a move.And you just may be right.

Goatcheese
10-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Since when did KC become a successful team?

They're not successful because they have bums like Glenn Dorsey playing for them.

So youre just going to ignore the stats?

What stats? He has 2 more tackles than Okoye, who you say is terrible, and Okoye has gotten to the QB twice.

Okoye is the definition of underachiever. I guess we'll see who has the better career. No reason to continue this because we arent getting Dorsey anyway.

Okoye is the definition of project. He is younger than Dorsey and already better.

At this point in their careers Okoye wins going away, no contest.

ArlingtonTexan
10-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Cool, thanks. So in the next 3 hours the fun of wishing for trades will end. I still have a serious doubt the Texans make a move.

There are not a lot of trades made in the regular season NFL period. Would be surprised if there is more than like two.

False Start
10-20-2009, 01:38 PM
There are not a lot of trades made in the regular season NFL period. Would be surprised if there is more than like two.

Yeah, its a rare occasion that trades are made in the NFL.

infantrycak
10-20-2009, 01:45 PM

Yup, the cap implications are just too difficult much of the time.

badboy
10-20-2009, 05:09 PM
well it's after 4pm central, anything?

ArlingtonTexan
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
well it's after 4pm central, anything?

Will Wtherspoon went from the Rams to the Eagels for Gibson at WR and pick (rumored to be a 5th)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/20/eagles-acquire-will-witherspoon-from-rams/

imatexan
10-21-2009, 01:39 AM
*yawn*

:tearup:

badboy
10-21-2009, 12:04 PM
(trembles from excitement starting to fade) ah, that was good. Now that little excitement that ended without a happy ending is over, I can go back to plotting for the draft.