PDA

View Full Version : OD one handed diving td catch

TheRealJoker
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Does anyone have a link to OD's awesome catch? I'm looking to change my desktop from AJ's fingertip td against the Tacks to this one.

RagingBull
10-19-2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81383d03/WK-6-Top-5-catches

Came in as #2 of the week. Congrats!

NitroGSXR
10-19-2009, 01:10 AM
I was ready to ***** as to why OD was ranked so low at #2. Then I saw Donald Driver's catch. WOW!

Lucky
10-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Then I saw Donald Driver's catch. WOW!
In case you were wondering, that was ex-Texan Petey Faggins that got scorched.

b0ng
10-19-2009, 02:39 AM

To be fair, how the hell are you going to defend that catch?

Malloy
10-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Driver deserved that #1 for sure... wow...

Grats to OD for the #2, well deserved!

whiskeyrbl
10-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Great catch by OD.

TimeKiller
10-19-2009, 11:05 AM
To be fair, how the hell are you going to defend that catch?

By flailing around and not looking for the ball even once? And probably just a little interference for good measure? Maybe not in such a disgusting fashion but most good receivers are coming down with that ball over Petri.

How 'bout it for Daniels? Instincts tell you to reach for that miracle and he actually came down with it. Daniels needed a special dance for that but went with the classic spike....Jacoby, help your boy out...

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
What OD had to say about the catch. Very nice. :spit:

"I am happy that Matt (Schaub) gave me a chance to make a play on that ball. It's a play that we like to use in the red zone. I found myself jammed up between two lineman before I squeezed through it. I was able to stick my hand out and luckily, Nike makes a sticky glove and the ball stuck to it."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5703

rollinstone18
10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
od's one handed grab made me spill my beer.

someone needs to make a .gif of andre's td where he bullied the cards.

AnthonyE
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
I was watching the game with my girlfriend when this happened. I think I rewound the game like 7 times to show her how amazing this catch was. She probably thought I was nuts.

No More 8-8's
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I was watching the game with my girlfriend when this happened. I think I rewound the game like 7 times to show her how amazing this catch was. She probably thought I was nuts.

You are a lucky man, to have a girlfriend willing to watch the replay of the catch with you for seven times. Hold on to that one.

NitroGSXR
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM

I think bong said it all.

I like DeMarcus Faggins. Hard to forget that Jacksonville game and the famous sea of red photo.

Double Barrel
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
That catch was a work of art. Just beautiful.

I hope they do everything that they can to keep OD as a Texan. I've liked him since he was drafted, and to those that think he'll be easily replaced, y'all are nuts.

GP
10-19-2009, 01:27 PM

I hope they do everything that they can to keep OD as a Texan. I've liked him since he was drafted, and to those that think he'll be easily replaced, y'all are nuts.

Count me as one of the ones who questioned the idea of keeping him at all costs.

I wanted to play wait-and-see, to look at THIS season's body of work from OD.

His body (of work) looks really good.

Pay the man what he wants. Demeco, too. Dunta can have fun hitching his wagon to some other team as far as I am concerned.

GP
10-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Somebody tell me what website I can take my .avi file of OD's catch, so I can make an animated .gif

I also have that huge hit that Dunta put on Caldwell near the end of the game.

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Does anyone else agree with me that ODs game was a result of the screen passes to Steve Slaton out of the backfield? I mean there were times when OD was just open as can be and that last TD was him just one on one with a LB.

GuerillaBlack
10-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Count me as one of the ones who questioned the idea of keeping him at all costs.

I wanted to play wait-and-see, to look at THIS season's body of work from OD.

His body (of work) looks really good.

Pay the man what he wants. Demeco, too. Dunta can have fun hitching his wagon to some other team as far as I am concerned.

This.

Pay that man OD. He's easily a top 3 TE in the league.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 02:12 PM

I've always been on OD's side as well. I even had the wife comment on his facebook thingy when he was being barraged by negative comments.

I will say this though. I think James Casey has tremendous hands, like OD, and should be utilized in our offense at some time. I like Dreessen, but I think Casey's speed and athleticism will eventually leave the coaches without much choice next season.

RagingBull
10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I've always been on OD's side as well. I even had the wife comment on his facebook thingy when he was being barraged by negative comments.

I will say this though. I think James Casey has tremendous hands, like OD, and should be utilized in our offense at some time. I like Dreessen, but I think Casey's speed and athleticism will eventually leave the coaches without much choice next season.

I am 100% with you. I think Casey is probably as talented as OD, he has just not had time to develop. Can you imagine if we have that threat from both TE's from a two tight end set?

I am guessing they basically drafted him in case OD wanted more money that they were willing to pay.

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't care how much he's asking for, he gets it. This offense would be 3 and out alot if not for Open Daniels.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 03:03 PM
I am 100% with you. I think Casey is probably as talented as OD, he has just not had time to develop. Can you imagine if we have that threat from both TE's from a two tight end set?

I am guessing they basically drafted him in case OD wanted more money that they were willing to pay.

They would likely make the best TE duo in the league. Coupled with Hill's blocking every now and then.

Nah, I think they drafted him because he was the best on the board in round 5 and couldn't believe he was still there, so they nabbed him. I have little doubt we don't get OD signed eventually, it'd be dumb not to. He will likely be restricted again next season so he'll still be a Texan anyway. Unless a team's dumb enough to hand over 1st and 2nd round picks.

GP
10-19-2009, 04:45 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/gpshafer_1976/OD_Bengals_09.gif

RagingBull
10-19-2009, 05:13 PM
They would likely make the best TE duo in the league. Coupled with Hill's blocking every now and then.

Nah, I think they drafted him because he was the best on the board in round 5 and couldn't believe he was still there, so they nabbed him. I have little doubt we don't get OD signed eventually, it'd be dumb not to. He will likely be restricted again next season so he'll still be a Texan anyway. Unless a team's dumb enough to hand over 1st and 2nd round picks.

If a team IS dumb enough to hand over those picks would you take them?

spurstexanstros
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Sign Open Daniels now I think he is the highest priority of our free agents...that and I can finally buy his jersey.

(The nickname Open Daniels is trademark STS nickname...)

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
If a team IS dumb enough to hand over those picks would you take them?

A 1st and a 2nd? It'd be hard not to. LOL

RagingBull
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
It really depends on whether you end up with:
1) Amobi + Barwin or
2) Mario + Demeco

OD > (Amobi + Barwin)
OD < (Mario + Demeco)

There, we did our math for today.