PDA

View Full Version : Post game qoutes

D-Frank
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Texans-Bengals-Postgame-Quotes/dfca0d42-49aa-4d39-b9a6-05097a522ba2

ObsiWan
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Marvin Lewis:

Q: Is the emotional tank running a little low this week with what has been going on?
“No, I don’t think so. I think it’s good to get this out of the system. We got caught up in whether we were going to challenge or not challenge and a lot of other things that didn’t really matter, instead of just playing football. Not focusing got us out of the game, particularly in the second half. We had guys running onto the field looking over their shoulder at me instead of playing football.”

oh soooo the Texans and Matt Schaub didn't beat you; your guys were too busy wondering if they would win the division and "lost focus"...?
Riiiight...

brakos82
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I wanna hear Fisher's post-game. :spin:

ObsiWan
10-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I wanna hear Fisher's post-game. :spin:
or Jim Zorn's

brakos82
10-18-2009, 07:42 PM
or Jim Zorn's
What do you have against the Skins?

pbat488
10-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Marvin Lewis:

oh soooo the Texans and Matt Schaub didn't beat you; your guys were too busy wondering if they would win the division and "lost focus"...?
Riiiight...

I don't think that's what he meant as evidenced by this quote from him a couple lines down...

Q: Do you think there was a turning point the first few minutes of the second half?
A: “I can’t remember exactly how the play unfolded in the second half, but what happened today was we got beat. We’ll be back and ready to go, and that’s part of this. We’re making no excuses about it. We got beat today, and you can’t point any fingers. We’ll just learn from it and move forward.”

ObsiWan
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
What do you have against the Skins?

nuttin'
in fact, I wish they were on our schedule
:D

but they gave KC their first win and, what's this, his 4th loss in a row...
Both he and Jeffy may be on the street before the year's out

pbat488
10-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Ah this is awesome...

Texans Coach Gary Kubiak
Q: What about Jeff Zgonina being out there early?
A: “This guy has played the most consistent football for us out of anyone we have. I don’t care if he’s 50. He belongs out there.”

Goatcheese
10-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Q: What is the message your team delivered after allowing a franchise-record six yards in the third quarter?
“We are getting better. That’s what I like about it. We still have a lot of stuff to clean up, so we can be even better.”

6 yards in the 3rd quarter? That is nuts.

mariowillshine15
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Marvin Lewis:

Riiiight...

Same old bungles. Hoop and holler when they are doing well and when they come out and get beat it was something else that caused them to lose.

TexanBacker93
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
nuttin'
in fact, I wish they were on our schedule
:D

but they gave KC their first win and, what's this, his 4th loss in a row...
Both he and Jeffy may be on the street before the year's out

The Redskins must be the first team in history to start the season playing 6 straight games against winless teams.

They gave the Giants their first win in week 1.
They beat the winless Rams by 2 (9-7).
They gave the Lions their first win since 2007.
They beat the winless Bucs by 3 (16-13).
They gave the winless Panthers their first win of the season.
They gave the winless Chiefs their first win of the season.

Right now I'd love to be facing them this season. How can you be handed that kind of schedule and be 2-4?

D-Frank
10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
The Redskins must be the first team in history to start the season playing 6 straight games against winless teams.

They gave the Giants their first win in week 1.
They beat the winless Rams by 2 (9-7).
They gave the Lions their first win since 2007.
They beat the winless Bucs by 3 (16-13).
They gave the winless Panthers their first win of the season.
They gave the winless Chiefs their first win of the season.

Right now I'd love to be facing them this season. How can you be handed that kind of schedule and be 2-4?

Yeah and even though we banged up haynesworth last year in the last game, id still like to bust em up some more for callin out Shaub

Fox
10-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I found these quotes interesting:

Frank Bush
(on the defense gaining confidence) "I do feel more comfortable when I have to make a call than I may have earlier in the season. I don't feel handcuffed that a guy is not going to do his responsibility. I feel really good about where we are going as a defense. Those kids give me a lot of confidence when I have to make a call."

Wonder if he's thinking he can count on his safeties more now with Pollard vs. Barber/Busing or if guys have finally learned how to play their responsibilities better.

Brian Cushing
(on his interception) "I was on backside trips. I knew they like throwing the deep-over route. They had been throwing a lot of checkdowns. They needed a big play. I was able to cheat, read Carson's eyes and make an interception."

So it's true, he wasn't sleeping during meetings!

TexanBacker93
10-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah and even though we banged up haynesworth last year in the last game, id still like to bust em up some more for callin out Shaub

I still wish we could have had a good chop block into Jared Allen's knee by a tackle about to get cut during the preseason game against Minnesota.

GP
10-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I wonder if Jeff Fisher is still fuming, and ruffling his feathers, about the Jacoby Jones bobbled fair catch? LOL.

What a fall from grace by that team.

Collins' ship has sailed. He's no longer able to hold that team together.

They even threw VY out there, with disastrous results.

They got skunked. They got 59 hung on them. In the SNOW.

They're winless.

And going to be looking at trying to find a free agent QB or a drafted QB, which is funny since VY was going to be Football Jesus for them.

This time last year, they were the boss. Now they're mowing lawns.

Fox
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM

They even threw VY out there, with disastrous results.

This made me interested to see their stat line. Collins and Young were a combined 2/14 for -7 yards passing and 2 pics. Not to mention they also joined forces for -2 yards rushing. Oh em gee.

V3rm0nt3r
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM

Collins 2/12 for -7 yards and 2 picks
VY 0/2 for 0 yards and 1 pick

this has got to be like the first time ever that a team has played two QB's in the same game and the one with a 0% completion percentage had the higher QB rating. or the first time since the forward pass was invented that a team finished with - throwing yards... pathetic.