PDA

View Full Version : Jacques Reeves

DerekLee1
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Who knew how badly we missed that guy? Two games in, and he's proven himself to be our best corner. In hindsight, what a great signing that was.

Jackie Chiles
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
2nd game in a row he has been lights out. Keep up the good work Jacques.

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
didn't know why everyone killed him. he's solid not great.

DerekLee1
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
That's "zhahk", not "zhak-ezz", announcers.

Jackie Chiles
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM

Since the 2nd half of last season he has been better than solid. Before that...

Goatcheese
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM

They 'killed him' because he gave up almost 900 yards last year, 1 in 10 passes attempted against the Texans landed in his man's hands, at a rate of 16 yards per reception. :spin:

Marcus
10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
He's better than YKW IMHO. :heh:

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 05:28 PM
They 'killed him' because he gave up almost 900 yards last year, 1 in 10 passes attempted against the Texans landed in his man's hands, at a rate of 16 yards per reception. :spin:

wasn't that in the crap D we rolled out last year. last years D was a mess, this is now. mario isn't lighting it up, nor slaton, should we kill them. like i said he's solid, not great. this is the same board that killed petey when when he was what he was.

utahmark
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
wasn't that in the crap D we rolled out last year. last years D was a mess, this is now. mario isn't lighting it up, nor slaton, should we kill them. like i said he's solid, not great. this is the same board that killed petey when when he was what he was.

Petey deserved it! and Reeves didn't play to well when he first got here. he has turned it around. the defensive back coaches should get some credit, although i could of told him to "turn you freaking head and look for the ball", and might of got the same results.

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Petey deserved it! and Reeves didn't play to well when he first got here. he has turned it around. the defensive back coaches should get some credit, although i could of told him to "turn you freaking head and look for the ball", and might of got the same results.

are we actually developing players? hell, it took benson how many years and a new team to show something.

barrett
10-18-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm seeing this coaching staff doing some developing. One of the biggest things I noticed was the CB's are getting their hands up and playing the hands of the WR's. More knockdowns on plays where the CB has his hand inside the WR.

Also, on the DLine. Linemen getting their hands up when the pass is thrown. This has started to taper off though. I'd like to see that continue.

dalemurphy
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Who knew how badly we missed that guy? Two games in, and he's proven himself to be our best corner. In hindsight, what a great signing that was.

I did! along with anyone that read my posts about him last year, this off-season, or early this season.

Big Lou
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM

Well it seems like Franchise Boy #23 has already given that up already....

eriadoc
10-18-2009, 07:07 PM
He got killed last year because, despite having decent position most of the time, he didn't play the ball worth a damn. This year, he's actually playing the ball decently, and it's made a difference. I'm happy to see him have some success.

Goatcheese
10-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Well it seems like Franchise Boy #23 has already given that up already....

I guess not all is as it seems.

As I posted in my corner thread this week:

Through 5 games(week 6 stats not posted yet)

Darrelle Revis NYJ

Thrown At: 30
TA/Game: 6
Receptions: 15
Rec/G: 3
Yards: 184
YPG: 36.8

Champ Bailey DEN

TA: 30
TA/G: 6
Rec: 14
Rec/G: 2.8
Yards: 146
YPG: 29.2

Dunta Robinson HOU

TA: 21
TA/G: 4.2
Rec: 12
Rec/G: 2.4
Yards: 169
YPG: 33.8

RagingBull
10-18-2009, 11:20 PM
I think that Dunta has been playing fine. I hope he continues to get better and he and Rick Smith can come to an agreement.

steelbtexan
10-18-2009, 11:29 PM
I did! along with anyone that read my posts about him last year, this off-season, or early this season.

You did Dale.

I was in the Reeves stinks camp.

It appears as though he is really developing.

I'll be very happy to admit that I was wrong.

Keep it up Jacques Reeves.

hookinreds
10-18-2009, 11:36 PM
He got killed last year because, despite having decent position most of the time, he didn't play the ball worth a damn. This year, he's actually playing the ball decently, and it's made a difference. I'm happy to see him have some success.

Which is the reason the Cowgirls got rid of him. He could play great when facing the QB, and was very good in coverage right up to the time when the ball was dropping in right over his shoulder. The Cowgirls couldn't teach him when/how to look for the ball, adn dropped him. He was the guy to toast when playing against Dallas when he was there...so they dropped him. Towards the end of last season, he was showing better judgement and looking for the ball "most" of the time. I've been very impressed in his two games back.

hookinreds
10-18-2009, 11:42 PM

Randy Cross makes you want to kiss the business end of a .45.

Mailman
10-19-2009, 03:30 AM

I did. I defended Reeves last year when the conventional wisdom here said he sucked nutsacs and had no business as a starting CB in the NFL. Aside from the need for every fanbase to have its favorite pinata to whack on, I never understood why Reeves was so vilified by the TT community. Where others saw a terrible player who was getting fed a steady diet of burnsauce by opposing WR/QB tandems, I saw an aggressive, fast cornerback who stuck to receivers like flypaper. The only knock on him is his lack of ball awareness, but so freaking what? The guy is a good cover corner. If he could do what many here demand of him, he'd be an elite talent. He doesn't need to be elite, he just needs to be good. Good he is.

Mailman
10-19-2009, 03:37 AM

I could not believe Randy Cross doesn't know how to pronounce "Jacques."

Has he never seen the names Jacques Chirac, Jacques Cousteau or Jean Jacques Rousseau or heard them pronounced?

whiskeyrbl
10-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Have to give Reeves props. He has played pretty well since coming back. I also think I saw him actually turning and looking for the ball. Nice adjustment and here is to continued success:clap:

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
I could not believe Randy Cross doesn't know how to pronounce "Jacques."

Has he never seen the names Jacques Chirac, Jacques Cousteau or Jean Jacques Rousseau or heard them pronounced?

Seems like nobody in the NFL can pronounce anything.

Sanchez is really pronounced S-on-chez not S-an-chez

Moreno is pronounced More - eh- no not More - ee - no

And Mario is pronounced Mar-ee-o not Mary-O.

TimeKiller
10-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Seems like nobody in the NFL can pronounce anything.

Sanchez is really pronounced S-on-chez not S-an-chez

Moreno is pronounced More - eh- no not More - ee - no

And Mario is pronounced Mar-ee-o not Mary-O.

Well how 'bout that Ian Eagle? I-an. Sorry dude, your name is Ian (E-in) like everyone else who spells their name as such. You don't get style points.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Other than Coles causing him to leave his underpants in the endzone, he had a good game.

infantrycak
10-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Well how 'bout that Ian Eagle? I-an. Sorry dude, your name is Ian (E-in) like everyone else who spells their name as such. You don't get style points.

All fair, but how the h - e - double hockey sticks do you get b ee sing out of Busing?

badboy
10-19-2009, 10:11 AM
All fair, but how the h - e - double hockey sticks do you get b ee sing out of Busing?What you never heard of a silent U? Me neither. Reeves looking very good and rookie Quinn seems to impress the coaches. Hopefully, each part of the defensive 11 will strengthen the others. I still see Cush as a catelyst for entire D.

hookinreds
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Other than Coles causing him to leave his underpants in the endzone, he had a good game.

Yea, he let Coles play him on that one. Coles got Reeves to turn his back to him completely, which is a big no no. That being said he timed it right to look for the pass, I'm can't remember if Carson's roll out and Coles 180 were by design or not. Up until that point in the route, he was in Coles hip pocket if I remember correctly, and Reeves started looking for the ball at the right time but got burned on the direction change. Not much he could have done in that short of space other than face guard him.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Yea, he let Coles play him on that one. Coles got Reeves to turn his back to him completely, which is a big no no. That being said he timed it right to look for the pass, I'm can't remember if Carson's roll out and Coles 180 were by design or not. Up until that point in the route, he was in Coles hip pocket if I remember correctly, and Reeves started looking for the ball at the right time but got burned on the direction change. Not much he could have done in that short of space other than face guard him.

I can agree with you. Allowing Carson, a pocket passer, to rollout to begin with was the first no-no of that play. There was a collective fail on that play, so I reckon I shouldn't have made it sound as if Reeves was the only player at fault.