PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard

Jackie Chiles
10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Insert him into the lineup against Oakland and we have yet to allow more than about 50 yards rushing. Other guys have definitely made a big impact on that stat but Pollard has been doing his part against the run and I haven't noticed him do anything terrible against the pass either. I think he has a better chance at sticking on this team and playing well in the future (as opposed to some of the other "band-aid" safeties we have had) for two reasons:
1. He is still young
2. He has a decent pedigree being a recent 2nd rounder.
What do you guys think about his play so far?

Malloy
10-18-2009, 04:32 PM
A very pleasent experience with him on the team. I also LOVE Quin in rushing defense, they tackle hard, often for losses and really wrap up their opponents!

New_Texans
10-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Insert him into the lineup against Oakland and we have yet to allow more than about 50 yards rushing. Other guys have definitely made a big impact on that stat but Pollard has been doing his part against the run and I haven't noticed him do anything terrible against the pass either. I think he has a better chance at sticking on this team and playing well in the future (as opposed to some of the other "band-aid" safeties we have had) for two reasons:
1. He is still young
2. He has a decent pedigree being a recent 2nd rounder.
What do you guys think about his play so far?

He's definitely been an upgrade, he led KC in tackles last season and he is always by the ball...plays heads up ball too. Also, he doesnt seem that bad when it comes to coverage.

Also, Jacques Reeves has been quite a bit of help too in coverage.

Yeah, Quin has been nice.

barrett
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
He's very good against the run. He's not a complete safety though. He will get beat in pass protection at times.

But he's an upgrade over what we have. I still expect that position to be 1 of 3 major priorities for this team in the future.

You'll notice that our tackling improved drastically when guys like he and Quinn (And Diles after Cushing came back) were inserted.

TimeKiller
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I like him, I think he gets targeted in the pass game a little often but he's always flying to the ball in run support and brings a wham with him. Big frame matches up with guys like Benson too.

I see Quin moving to FS when Wilson's contract is up. His tackling is great and his coverage is good too.

jshabang
10-18-2009, 04:40 PM
understatement

pollard has been awesome since hes been here period.......no more brainfart going for 60 yards 2 or 3 times a game since hes been in

and ohhh those knocks about him not being that good in coverage was obviously overblown as well.....hes been just fine...........

hope texans are finally gettin it....it and this continues!!!!!!!!!:heart:

infantrycak
10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Jacques Reeves also got inserted and it has been a big influence.

Malloy
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM

Jup, he made some real nice plays!

DocBar
10-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Reeves and Pollard have been very nice additions. It was nice to see 60 minutes worth of quality D. Did anyone else watch CC Brown getting scorched in the NO-NYG game? Think of where we would be if he were still starting for us. UGH!!!

pbat488
10-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Like Pollard implied in that interview after he had just signed with the Texans, a lot of his coverage deficiencies were exposed due to the simple fact that Kansas City had a bad front 7 and the QBs had ample time to pick apart the KC secondary. With our front 7 getting decent, sustained pressure, he's been able to react much quicker and bring the wood.

wagonhed
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM
he got flagged for roughing the kicker

CUT HIM.

:francis:

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 06:03 PM

CUT HIM.

disregard

mariowillshine15
10-18-2009, 06:05 PM

CUT HIM.

more like touching the kickers foot and watching him pull a worse acting job than Gerard Butler in Gamer.

DerekLee1
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM

CUT HIM.

Obvious sarcasm. But in seriousness, he made every effort to stop and just kept sliding on that play. There shouldn't have been a penalty at all, but at least the refs only called a 5-yarder on that one and it didn't hurt us.

Allstar
10-18-2009, 06:10 PM

CUT HIM.

Wrong. It was running into the kicker. I say a five game suspension. :whip:

BattleRedToro
10-18-2009, 06:11 PM

CUT HIM.

He was flagged for Running into the Kicker, not Roughing the Kicker. There is a big difference. I know you were probably being sarcastic, but could you at least be accurate?

wagonhed
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
He was flagged for Running into the Kicker, not Roughing the Kicker. There is a big difference. I know you were probably being sarcastic, but could you at least be accurate?
Well in that case the refs made a bad call. Fire the refs!

barrett
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
I like him, I think he gets targeted in the pass game a little often but he's always flying to the ball in run support and brings a wham with him. Big frame matches up with guys like Benson too.

I see Quin moving to FS when Wilson's contract is up. His tackling is great and his coverage is good too.

I want to re-watch but I saw him in some sort of deep zone position a few times. Not a safety but some kind of semi-safety looking thing.

DexmanC
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I got my NFL Gamerewind ready to go, as the game will be posted at
11pm tonight. I CAN'T WAIT!!

CloakNNNdagger
10-18-2009, 07:49 PM

He's learned to turn around.:turtle:

infantrycak
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM
He's learned to turn around.:turtle:

Jacques Reeves is a better CB than Dunta Robinson. There, I said it. And I like Dunta and want them to sign him so this is not a hater point of view.

Jackie Chiles
10-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Jacques Reeves is a better CB than Dunta Robinson. There, I said it. And I like Dunta and want them to sign him so this is not a hater point of view.

I agree about Reeves and Dunta.

Honoring Earl 34
10-18-2009, 09:51 PM

I think he gets the earphone in his helmet and the coaches tell him when to turn around .

infantrycak
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I think he gets the earphone in his helmet and the coaches tell him when to turn around .

I don't care if they have a fog horn and blow it on the sideline to turn him around. When they do so he will be within 6 inches of the WR rather than Bennett who will be lucky to be within 6 yards of the WR.

TheRealJoker
10-18-2009, 10:24 PM
The defense has really stepped up the last 3 weeks. Held the last 3 opponents to under 50 yards rushing and shut them all out in the 2nd half.

I think its due in large part to the insertion of Bernard Pollard at SS, he's eliminated those big play runs earlier in the season Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson and MJD had earlier in the season by maintaining his gap and laying the wood.

The SS play the first 3 games of the season was the worst i've ever seen and I am a Texans fan so I see a lot of shitty safety play!!! He's given us a Bob Sanders effect on defense. He's not Bob Sanders by any means, but the people he's replacing weren't anywhere near as good as Sanders' backups either.

m5kwatts
10-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Jacques Reeves has been terrific

Dunta gives up a big play here and there but knocks down a lot of balls and trucks someone every game

GQ hits as hard as Dunta

Pollard is a terrific tackler, got beat by Coles for the TD but overall a huge upgrade over Barber

Eugene Wilson won't be confused for Ed Reed, but he follows assignments well and will make plays on 3rd down

CloakNNNdagger
10-18-2009, 10:39 PM
The defense has really stepped up the last 3 weeks. Held the last 3 opponents to under 50 yards rushing and shut them all out in the 2nd half.

I think its due in large part to the insertion of Bernard Pollard at SS, he's eliminated those big play runs earlier in the season Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson and MJD had earlier in the season by maintaining his gap and laying the wood.

The SS play the first 3 games of the season was the worst i've ever seen and I am a Texans fan so I see a lot of shitty safety play!!! He's given us a Bob Sanders effect on defense. He's not Bob Sanders by any means, but the people he's replacing weren't anywhere near as good as Sanders' backups either.

Safety? I never saw no stinkin' safety out there in the first 3 games. Oh, wait a minute, now that I think about it............I saw TWO stinkin' safeties out there.:mcnugget:

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Pollard has recognized his past shortcomings........and has been working hard to correct them, to be able to attack by land and by air (and by sea, but only when it's raining).

Pollard takes advantage of second chance (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/10/21/sports/s145354D97.DTL)
By KRISTIE RIEKEN, AP Sports Writer
Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A month ago, safety Bernard Pollard was looking for a job.

The Houston Texans gave him a shot and it's paid off. Pollard has made 19 tackles in three starts and become a key piece of Houston's improving defense.

The Texans had an idea of what they were getting in Pollard with defensive backs coach David Gibbs having worked with him in Kansas City for the last three seasons.

Still, the Texans have been impressed with how quickly he's been able to contribute.

"I think we're all surprised," coach Gary Kubiak said. "We knew we had a chance because of David's relationship with him and the time he had spent. But, boy, he's adapted very well and he's been very good and seems to be getting even more comfortable."

Pollard is perhaps best known for delivering the hit that ended Tom Brady's season last year. But the 2006 second-round pick started each game for the Chiefs in 2008 and led the team with 98 tackles.

He found himself suddenly out of work when Kansas City released him before the season. Pollard still isn't sure why he was let go after starting all but one game in the last two seasons.

"It was very difficult," he said. "You don't know what's going on. You don't know who said what about you, you don't know how they labeled you. When you don't know, that's the worst thing."

Pollard has been so good since arriving in Houston that some of his teammates have even come to him wondering why he was let go.

Cornerback Jacques Reeves was shocked. Of course, Reeves may have known better than anyone what Pollard could do after seeing him excel as a freshman when the two played together at Purdue.

"I knew what kind of player he was and I figured he would come in here and make an impact," Reeves said. "I don't know what else went along with him being cut, but I do know he is a good player and he's playing good for us."

Pollard led the team with eight tackles two weeks ago against Arizona and the Texans have pointed to him as one of the reasons for Houston's improved run defense. Houston was the NFL's worst against the run through the first three games, but has allowed less than 50 yards rushing in each of the last three.

He brushed off the notion that he's been a catalyst for the improvement, saying he's just another piece on an already solid defense. He's been criticized in the past for going for the big hit at the expense of his other duties at safety.

It's something he's working on.

"I run around and I hit," he said. "I think this offseason I've learned what it takes to be an all-around safety. I'm not going to get rid of a lot of the aggressiveness I have, but at the end of the day when the ball is in the air you have to go and get the ball."

Pollard is proud he's been able to help the Texans, but is looking to do more to prove he's an important part of this team.

"I just want to play football and that's me," he said. "I want to be able to show management or teammates what I'm able to do. You know what they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm thankful for where I'm at."

ATXtexanfan
10-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Nice find cloak, love him like everyone else. One less pressing need with him aboard. What kind of contract did we sign him on? Anyone.

DerekLee1
10-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Houston was the NFL's worst against the run through the first three games, but has allowed less than 50 yards rushing in each of the last three.

Worst run defense in the league the first three games, best run defense in the league the last three games. What a turnaround. Let's see what they can do against Frank Gore's return. I know one thing: I'm not starting Frank Gore on my fantasy team this week.

TexansFanatic
10-21-2009, 11:14 PM
This dude was a freaking gift.

Very bizarre story. A player who achieves and yet is cut and doesn't know why. And more puzzling, wasn't immediately picked up by another team.

I'm ready to say this is another major feather in Rick Smith's cap.

TexCanada
10-21-2009, 11:21 PM
These last few weeks have really been a breath of fresh air. Let's hope our guys continue to play well together and improve. We still have a long way to go, but with Pollard we are on the right track.

dinkatoid
10-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I think Pollard has been pretty solid so far, but I have seen one or two lapses in coverage. On the touchdown pass to Coles on Sunday, if you watch him he does not seem to know where he is going. He just kinda jukes himself and watches Coles catch the TD. I am not complaining though, because before him it was much worse. He has definitely helped the run D though.

I wonder what we plan to do with Barber. Its obvious the kid has the athletic ability to excel, but do you think we will be able to train him well enough to be a starting safety?

On another note, I lol'd pretty dang hard at whoever commentated about Reeves finally learning to turn around.

TexanSam
10-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Hopefully he remains a good player for us for a few seasons instead of becoming a Will Demps type

Killer Bee
10-22-2009, 12:12 AM
He gives a pretty good interview as well. Overtime he could develop into the leader in the secondary.

TexansFanatic
10-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Hopefully he remains a good player for us for a few seasons instead of becoming a Will Demps type

Right. Seems to me, if this guy is a real talent there should be an effort to sign him long term before his contract expires.

Wolf6151
10-22-2009, 12:47 AM
I think Bernard Pollard just removed SS from our draft needs next year and refocused it on FS instead. I think he also made Domonique Barber expendable. Kubiak would be an ***** to lose Pollard after this year and sometimes we do questions his moves. Keep your fingers crossed that we keep him.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-22-2009, 12:56 AM
I still can't figure out as to why he was released from Chiefs. We got Pollard for free!! Credit goes to David little G and our FO. Now, can we find more like him from FA?

Go Texans!!!

DerekLee1
10-22-2009, 01:27 AM
I still can't figure out as to why he was released from Chiefs. We got Pollard for free!! Credit goes to David little G and our FO. Now, can we more like him from FA?

Go Texans!!!

Maybe I should start a man-crush: Rick Smith thread?!? Because my man-crush: Kyle Shanahan thread went over sooooooooo well. (how you haters like me now?!?)

SAMURAITEXAN
10-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Maybe I should start a man-crush: Rick Smith thread?!? Because my man-crush: Kyle Shanahan thread went over sooooooooo well. (how you haters like me now?!?)

I hope we as Texans' fan shouldn't be pointing at each other. We all have opinion on Texans respectively and we should respect each other on different points of view. This is Texans' thread and I always enjoy finding new points of view here and I respect other people's opinion.

Let us keep this thread in respectable manner and discuss about Texans and not Argue.

By the way, I do like Rick Smith.

Go Texans!!!

BigBull17
10-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Pollard is just like Roy Williams. You just have to know how to mask his weakness and let his strength be used.

TimeKiller
10-22-2009, 09:12 AM
DBarber is what he is now. A backup.

Pollard is what he is now too...a STRONG SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddict5
10-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't care if they have a fog horn and blow it on the sideline to turn him around.

lol i know you were only joking but would you be allowed to do that?? not just for reeves but so many times you see a CB or S who doesnt know if the ball has been thrown. having a sound device like that to let them know the ball is in the air & would be a pretty big help imo to get them turned around and looking for the ball without getting burnt

HOU-TEX
10-22-2009, 10:13 AM
I think Bernard Pollard just removed SS from our draft needs next year and refocused it on FS instead. I think he also made Domonique Barber expendable. Kubiak would be an ***** to lose Pollard after this year and sometimes we do questions his moves. Keep your fingers crossed that we keep him.

I don't think we should allow ourselves to possibly be fooled again by the SS position. He might pull a Demps on us for all we know. Let's see how the remainder of the season plays out before we begin scratching a position off our draft board.

BigBull17
10-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I don't think we should allow ourselves to possibly be fooled again by the SS position. He might pull a Demps on us for all we know. Let's see how the remainder of the season plays out before we begin scratching a position off our draft board.

I agree, but it does move a little down the draft board. FS is still #1 on that list.

Maddict5
10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I agree, but it does move a little down the draft board. FS is still #1 on that list.

C/G & DT for me

HOU-TEX
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Possibly.........after the season ends. Until then it'll remain high on my list.

76Texan
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Possibly.........after the season ends. Until then it'll remain high on my list.

I can't believe what I read when I get to this thread.

I was expecting folks to praise Pollard for his plays.

Instead, there were a few posters who think he's gonna pull a Willie Demp on us! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Dapper
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
I agree...... o-line and rb should be our first two. Can you ever have enough quality o-linemen?

HOU-TEX
10-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I can't believe what I read when I get to this thread.

I was expecting folks to praise Pollard for his plays.

Instead, there were a few posters who think he's gonna pull a Willie Demp on us! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Never said I thought he was going to pull a Demps. This team has needed a SS for a very long time and I'm not taking it off the draft board after 2 games.

76Texan
10-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Never said I thought he was going to pull a Demps. This team has needed a SS for a very long time and I'm not taking it off the draft board after 2 games.

Ya' know I'm just messing with ya', LOL! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

HOU-TEX
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Ya' know I'm just messing with ya', LOL! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

I know, I wanted to further express my thoughts on the subject. :)

New_Texans
10-22-2009, 11:09 AM
take it in consideration that demps all the time was injured and had his pretty boy image to uphold.

76Texan
10-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I know, I wanted to further express my thoughts on the subject. :)

Just as you know I wanted to further express my thoughts on the subjects of Schaub and Myers, among many others! :ant: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Man, I need some time to review the Bengals game! LOL!

HOU-TEX
10-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Just as you know I wanted to further express my thoughts on the subjects of Schaub and Myers, among many others! :ant: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Man, I need some time to review the Bengals game! LOL!

Go for it. Who said you couldn't? :cowboy1:

DexmanC
10-22-2009, 12:11 PM
The best thing about Pollard, that no on e has mentioned yet, is he's
only in his FOURTH SEASON. He's young enough to be an anchor on this
defense for a LONG TIME. Wilson is "old," and he's not even 30 yet!

Frank Bush turned this defense from a "passive" read and react, to a
scheme which fits the mentality of its players. Attack, and get upfield.

What you have is a D-coordinators players LOVE playing for. I remember
last year when they asked Demeco why the defense sucked. He would
just respond "We just go with what's called." As T.O. shows us, that is
NEVER an endorsement of the coach when that line is uttered. They asked
Dunta about the defense sucking last year, and if it might cost Kubiak
his job.

I clearly remember Dunta saying: "Gary is an EXCELLENT coach. Kubes
ain't the problem. It is some of the people "AROUND" Gary, but it aint' him.

Lo and behold, Frank Bush comes in, and Dunta is saying: "We finally
have a coordinator guys wanna play for. We are gonna do everything
we can to make sure he looks good."

When the defense stunk at the beginning of the season, Demeco would
say: "Frank's making excellent calls, but guys just aren't making plays."
"Every man needs to correct the mistakes, or get out of our huddle."

And before the comparison of Will Demps and Bernard Pollard begin, I'll just
say that Demps was rarely in position to STUFF a run. He made big hits
AFTER the offensive play was made. The first game of last season showed
us how much of a liability he was in coverage. Even Eugene Wilson couldn't
cover Demps' super aggressive blown coverages.

Demps bit HARD, on EVERY playaction. Teams got tape on that, and RAPED
this passive defense to start last season. There was only one game this
year, in which the camera panned the booth to show Frank Bush calling
plays. What else did I see in that shot? Ray Rhodes sitting RIGHT NEXT
to him working out the schemes. Offensive play calling, according to
Matt Schaub is a collaborative effort between Matt, Kubes, and Kyle.

Looks like the same type of teamwork has arrived on Defense. If we had
this year's defense and last year's offense, we would have swept the
Colts. We finally have a defense that can pick the offense up. They did
everything they could to give the game to the Bengals on the last 3 drives.
The defense continually stopped Cinci and handed the ball RIGHT back
to the offense.

Bernard Pollard is gonna be a Texan for a long time. Frank Bush is turning
out to be the right choice for THIS team. Here's to a dominating performance
on Sunday, with that inept 49ers coming in. Get them down by 2 scores,
game over.

silvrhand
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM

The front four down linemen playing better especially the interior is really the key at this point to keeping the run down, they are now keeping blockers off the LB and from running down field into the second/third level.

We'll get a test against a real running game this week.

HOU-TEX
10-22-2009, 02:30 PM
The front four down linemen playing better especially the interior is really the key at this point to keeping the run down, they are now keeping blockers off the LB and from running down field into the second/third level.

We'll get a test against a real running game this week.

And what does that have to do with my post you quoted? :thinking:

NBT
10-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Well in that case the refs made a bad call. Fire the refs!

I thought it was a rather pitty-patty call myself. In any case Bernard Pollard has significantly improved the position.

TexansSeminole
10-22-2009, 02:44 PM

I don't agree with that, depth at both safety positions is weak. If Pollard got hurt we'd be screwed again. We may not need to draft a SS, although I would like that, we still have to address depth somewhere.

Let's hope Pollard can keep it up.

Allstar
10-22-2009, 03:12 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6680940.html

Texans safety Pollard out with 'flu-like' symptoms
By DALE ROBERTSON

Texans strong safety Bernard Pollard was feeling poorly during meetings Thursday morning, so he was sent home before practice. Asked if the symptoms were “flu-like,” head coach Gary Kubiak said that was the case but he added that he was optimistic Pollard would be ready to play Sunday against San Francisco.

Since being signed off the street before the Oakland game, the former Kansas City Chief has made three starts and been an integral part of the Texans' defensive revival.

Several Texans have fallen ill during the last few weeks, but only rookie tight end Anthony Hill has been officially diagnosed with the S1N1 or “swine flu” virus and spent time in the hospital. Free safety Eugene Wilson also missed a game because he was under the weather.

Rookie linebacker Brian Cushing was a spectator at practice again Thursday because of his bruised foot, but Kubiak said he expected him to get in some work Friday and that he would be ready for the 49ers game.

“That's the same program we were on last week,” Kubiak said, “and it didn't seem to hurt him any.”

Cushing also missed the Wednesday and Thursday practices a week ago, then played well enough against the Cincinnati Bengals to earn AFC Defensive Player-of-the-Week honors.

dale.robertson@chron.com

False Start
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Pollard says he wants to knock the ever loving pi$$ out of someone, sounds good to me. :wild:

TEXANS84
10-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Pollard says he wants to knock the ever loving pi$$ out of someone, sounds good to me. :wild:

Heard that on 790 this morning.

"You just got to establish yourself....let them know that I'm going to hit the F*$K out of them. Sorry to say that, but that's how I feel, thats how I play".

Love it.

HOU-TEX
10-23-2009, 10:19 AM

"You just got to establish yourself....let them know that I'm going to hit the F*$K out of them. Sorry to say that, but that's how I feel, thats how I play".

Love it.

So, does that mean he isn't as sick as they made it out to be?

False Start
10-23-2009, 10:19 AM

Love it.

Yeah, I'm starting to like this guy.

chicagotexan2
10-23-2009, 10:20 AM

Hell yeah. Not only do I like hearing it, I love seeing it. This guy is a solid player.

badboy
10-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Pollard like Cushing has quickly established himself as a fan favorite and man, do we need more. I'm hoping DR will win back this role in my mind soon.

BigBull17
10-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to like this guy.

Gives us that much needed attitude we have never had. He is tough, and people are inspired by his toughness.

New_Texans
10-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Pollard...i like this guy.

CloakNNNdagger
10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Pollard like Cushing has quickly established himself as a fan favorite and man, do we need more. I'm hoping DR will win back this role in my mind soon.

That's more than likely where it stays with most.

CloakNNNdagger
10-23-2009, 11:34 AM
We NEED a psycho on our team. Hmmm. "Psycho" sounds good. From now on, teams can be put on notice that we intend to unleash PSYCHO.:stirpot:

TexansFanatic
10-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Love it.

That rocks!

badboy
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
That's more than likely where it stays with most.We go 12-4 losing only one of two to Colts and Dunta plays very significantly, most will grudgingly come around. We're Americans, we forgive easily.

Big Lou
10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Pollard was hitting late all over the place today, I love the intenstity but he needs to play smart. The guy has brought just as much attitude as #56, I'm starting to love this guy, but be smart!!!!!

However that call at the end during the interception was BS, he had to right to block that player, because the tackler could have laid the wood on Wilson.

Scooter
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
i really hope pollard's one that sticks around, he fits the strong safety role and personality infront of him. i'm suprised someone didnt pick him up despite injury but the quick read is that the texans landed an ideal player for what we do. the kid's a football player. a step slow with some reads, and not exactly a coverage guy, but he's relatively good with his position and assignment and a great guy to have cutting inside and to the sidelines.

Pantherstang84
10-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Pollard was hitting late all over the place today, I love the intenstity but he needs to play smart. The guy has brought just as much attitude as #56, I'm starting to love this guy, but be smart!!!!!

However that call at the end during the interception was BS, he had to right to block that player, because the tackler could have laid the wood on Wilson.

Just watched the play on houstontexans.com highlight reel. When Pollard laid that hit, Wilson was untouched. He had every right to block that player. Would love for Mike Pierra to explain that one.

Wolf
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Goodness gracious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJKdpsZi_10&feature=related

Bernard Pollard Bodyslam

not sure who the running back was, comments say it was marion barber

Goatcheese
01-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Goodness gracious

Bernard Pollard Bodyslam

This is a much better Pollard video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV71F---cvE&feature=related

False Start
01-09-2010, 12:22 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/bp_KTPO.jpg

I'm gonna make one with Texans colors...... coming soon. :cool:

BattleRedToro
01-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I found this video while doing a youtube search of Bernard Pollard videos. I must warn everyone there is some language that might be deemed inappropriate for children or work, but I thought I would include it here because i found it humorous.

White Wes Welker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNZkFjDbCA)

TEXANRED
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I found this video while doing a youtube search of Bernard Pollard videos. I must warn everyone there is some language that might be deemed inappropriate for children or work, but I thought I would include it here because i found it humorous.

White Wes Welker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNZkFjDbCA)

That was the best video of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anytime I get upset about something I am going to watch this video to put a smile on my face.

Oh and FU Wes Welker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stingray
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
What a great pick up Bernie P was for the Texans. He and Cushing really transformed this defense this year.

rollinstone18
01-09-2010, 04:53 PM
What a great pick up Bernie P was for the Texans. He and Cushing really transformed this defense this year.

antonio smith deserves some props as well. all three of 'em are nothing but bullies. they talk a lot and would like nothing more than to hit someone in the mouth.

mexican_texan
01-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Goodness gracious

Bernard Pollard Bodyslam

Hot damn. holy cheese.

stingray
01-09-2010, 05:16 PM
antonio smith deserves some props as well. all three of 'em are nothing but bullies. they talk a lot and would like nothing more than to hit someone in the mouth.

Ohh. Agreed on Antonio...