PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak: The King Of .500

GP
10-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Here's to you, Gary Kubiak. When .500 is on the line, you really know how to turn up the heat on the opponent.

LOL.

We hit .500 BEFORE the end of the season!

I bet there's a huge champagne shower going on in the locker room right now.

New_Texans
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, i feel better about the team since the defense played a good game for the 3rd week in a row.

Jackie Chiles
10-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Well, i feel better about the team since the defense played a good game for the 3rd week in a row.

I agree, this was the week I wanted to get a close look at our run D and it looks like we might be alright in that area for the rest of the year. Can't believe I just typed that. Oh well, SF is another good test next week, remember when we used to play well at home?

New_Texans
10-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree, this was the week I wanted to get a close look at our run D and it looks like we might be alright in that area for the rest of the year. Can't believe I just typed that. Oh well, SF is another good test next week, remember when we used to play well at home?

I miss those days.

swtbound07
10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
take the good weeks and be happy. Take the bad ones and *****. This is a good one.

GP
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
take the good weeks and be happy. Take the bad ones and *****. This is a good one.

Except I didn't ***** one time last week. Nor all week long. I left that to 90% of you guys.

I knew this was going to happen all along.

So I didn't cry all week about the loss to Arizona. Would have been nice to have won it, but it didn't bother me at all.

I think we're going on a good run of wins, with one loss mixed in somewhere.

Silver Oak
10-18-2009, 04:39 PM

they can't do it! they can't be happy!

a good portion of the posters here have trouble savoring a win as they find it much easier to critique and ***** after a loss.

:fans:

Wolf
10-18-2009, 04:42 PM
I have to go with Vinny's approach, I am estatic with the win , but I am watching the Pats-Titans game now and smiling .. after the losses , I am more incline to not feel like watching the next game on TV and need to vent

:good:

GP
10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
they can't do it! they can't be happy!

a good portion of the posters here have trouble savoring a win as they find it much easier to critique and ***** after a loss.

:fans:

BTW, my thread was just a funny way of celebrating .500.

Since that's the constant barometer of our team.

There's a lot of message board mommies running around here trying to scold anybody any chance they get. LOL.

Humor, people. Humor.

Dan B.
10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Here's to you, Gary Kubiak. When .500 is on the line, you really know how to turn up the heat on the opponent.

LOL.

We hit .500 BEFORE the end of the season!

I bet there's a huge champagne shower going on in the locker room right now.

We've hit .500 3 times this season already. There won't be enough champagne in Texas to keep up with them if they keep celebrating mediocrity. Doesn't mean a thing unless you keep it going. I haven't been absolutely livid after any of the losses, and none of the wins have made me giddy. Everything is just blah. This team is so mediocre. I'm waiting for them to show me something. I will say this is the best we've played all year. The defense was great against a pretty solid offense. JJ is legit. There's been a much better effort the last two weeks, even if Zona didn't work out. Don't let up.

GP
10-18-2009, 04:51 PM
We've hit .500 3 times this season already. There won't be enough champagne in Texas to keep up with them if they keep celebrating mediocrity. Doesn't mean a thing unless you keep it going. I haven't been absolutely livid after any of the losses, and none of the wins have made me giddy. Everything is just blah. This team is so mediocre. I'm waiting for them to show me something. I will say this is the best we've played all year. The defense was great against a pretty solid offense. JJ is legit. There's been a much better effort the last two weeks, even if Zona didn't work out. Don't let up.

I want JJ in at WR on at least 85% of the snaps.

David Anderson has been eclipsed by the potential JJ brings to that spot.

NitroGSXR
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Absolutely not! Have you seen JJ block? It'll make you laugh.

Dan B.
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM

JJ has earned a starting spot without a doubt. We should be using him in every drive to keep the secondary honest. I also should have mentioned OD, who is quickly becoming an elite TE if he wasn't already. Great game by both guys.

Jackie Chiles
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Andre Davis should be losing plays at WR before David Anderson. JJ has earned playing time regardless, love our wideouts right now.

DerekLee1
10-18-2009, 06:13 PM
If we take care of business at home, we're 8-8 guaranteed. That's SF, Tennessee, Indy, Seattle, and NE. Win a few on the road, and we're 11-5. We have Buffalo, Indy, Jax, St. Louis, and Miami. All but Indy are easily winnable. But this team MUST win at home. MUST, MUST, MUST. Show up in force, Texans fans.

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM

no you didn't

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Absolutely not! Have you seen JJ block? It'll make you laugh.

first you must remove the hate, then ........

spurstexanstros
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Cmon GP seriously lay of kubiak. after a good win against a good team... give him at least three hours of credit. Especially after the pounding he takes after a loss. A great win and yall slap him with that gloss...really. No pleasig some I guess.

GP
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Cmon GP seriously lay of kubiak. after a good win against a good team... give him at least three hours of credit. Especially after the pounding he takes after a loss. A great win and yall slap him with that gloss...really. No pleasig some I guess.

Read the whole thread, please.

I posted this because this is all everybody talked about the entire freaking offseason: Being a .500 team, are we embracing mediocrity, and is .500 going to be good enough to save Kubiak's job?

Were you here this offseason?

I guess some people MUST have the sarcasm or "just kidding" smiley in order to have a laugh at a post or thread.

I apologize for an epic failure at being funny.

:roast:

My goodness. You guys are a sensitive bunch today. LOL...

spurstexanstros
10-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Read the whole thread, please.

I posted this because this is all everybody talked about the entire freaking offseason: Being a .500 team, are we embracing mediocrity, and is .500 going to be good enough to save Kubiak's job?

Were you here this offseason?

I guess some people MUST have the sarcasm or "just kidding" smiley in order to have a laugh at a post or thread.

I apologize for an epic failure at being funny.

:roast:

My goodness. You guys are a sensitive bunch today. LOL...

all righty then..didnt see that emoticon earlier..stand corrected then.

GP
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM
no you didn't

Jacoby has scored as many TDs this season than David Anderson's entire 3+ seasons here.

String Dance aside, I think it's obvious that Jacoby Jones is the more talented WR with the most potential to make a big play.

I know, I know. DA is a fan favorite (he's one of mine, that's for sure).

But Jacoby is lighting it up the very few times that he's even out there.

Anderson's career stats
(http://www.nfl.com/players/davidanderson/careerstats?id=AND179969)
vs.

Jacoby's career stats (http://www.nfl.com/players/jacobyjones/careerstats?id=JON404038)

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Jacoby has scored as many TDs this season than David Anderson's entire 3+ seasons here.

String Dance aside, I think it's obvious that Jacoby Jones is the more talented WR with the most potential to make a big play.

I know, I know. DA is a fan favorite (he's one of mine, that's for sure).

But Jacoby is lighting it up the very few times that he's even out there.

Anderson's career stats
(http://www.nfl.com/players/davidanderson/careerstats?id=AND179969)
vs.

Jacoby's career stats (http://www.nfl.com/players/jacobyjones/careerstats?id=JON404038)
the kid was RAW talent that is developing. his upside is huge. his best ball is in front of him.

utahmark
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
anyone of our wr's would of had a td with that coverage. and someone mentioned all of jj's td's. you must be counting punt returns, right! that said, he has earned more playing time.

GP
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
all righty then..didnt see that emoticon earlier..stand corrected then.

I didn't put one, but I might have to go back and add it.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but even the gameday thread was testy with people getting all bent out of shape because I cracked a joke about us not getting Cedric Benson (after he scored an early TD on us).

Man, we've been catching hell as fans of this team for wayyyy too long. When we do well on Sunday, there's like a mob mentality around here if anybody even suggests or jokes about this team.

We are awesome. We turned a corner today. THIS is the team we all wanted to see. Playoffs here we come. WOOT!

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
anyone of our wr's would of had a td with that coverage. and someone mentioned all of jj's td's. you must be counting punt returns, right! that said, he has earned more playing time.

he could have muffed it, lol

Texecutioner
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Well at least he got another TD today.

However, did anyone notice that fool dropped another punt today?? He got lucky and it bounced out of bounds fairly quickly. How could a guy be that bad in catching punts?

GP
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM

It's counting WR touchdowns only.

Jacoby has three receiving TDs this year so far.

Anderson has had three his whole career since being a rook in 2006.

The difference in how many snaps each has had is ridiculous, btw, when you look at how many opportunities each has had.

Also, Jacoby is faster and getting deeper into those holes in the secondary. In fact, I dare say that Schaub can't begin to even try and overthrow Jacoby because Jacoby is even having to slow down or adjust to make the catch.

I begin to wonder why there's so much animosity toward Jacoby Jones around here. It's getting silly, to be honest.

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM

However, did anyone notice that fool dropped another punt today?? He got lucky and it bounced out of bounds fairly quickly. How could a guy be that bad in catching punts?

was wondering when you would show up. guess every punt is like prom night and he can't wait to score. he's come a long way. but he still scares the hell out of me. project is developing.

RTP2110
10-18-2009, 06:51 PM
BTW, my thread was just a funny way of celebrating .500.

Since that's the constant barometer of our team.

Funny. Remember when Kubiak hired on, how people were saying we were going to follow the Denver plan? Denver went 8-8 three years in a row, then they fired their head coach. So far we have two years of 8-8, and 3-3 this season. Hmmmm.

Lucky
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
We turned a corner today.
The Texans turn more corners than an Indy car driver.

This just in: 4 left turns put you right back where you started.

dalemurphy
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Funny. Remember when Kubiak hired on, how people were saying we were going to follow the Denver plan? Denver went 8-8 three years in a row, then they fired their head coach. So far we have two years of 8-8, and 3-3 this season. Hmmmm.

Anyone want to lay some money down? I'm willing to bet any of you the Texans win at least 9 games! In 14 days, they are going to be 5-3. Just as I've been saying for weeks.

disaacks3
10-18-2009, 08:00 PM

However, did anyone notice that fool dropped another punt today?? He got lucky and it bounced out of bounds fairly quickly. How could a guy be that bad in catching punts? It really looks like an adrenaline reaction - MOST of the time, the return to worry about is the one AFTER he breaks one big.

It's counting WR touchdowns only.

Jacoby has three receiving TDs this year so far.

Anderson has had three his whole career since being a rook in 2006.

The difference in how many snaps each has had is ridiculous, btw, when you look at how many opportunities each has had.

Also, Jacoby is faster and getting deeper into those holes in the secondary. In fact, I dare say that Schaub can't begin to even try and overthrow Jacoby because Jacoby is even having to slow down or adjust to make the catch.

I begin to wonder why there's so much animosity toward Jacoby Jones around here. It's getting silly, to be honest. Due to his limited playing time at WR, I think many on here don't appreciate just how fast JJ really is. If he gets behind the defender, it's GAME OVER.

Air Canada
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM

Hey! We played well in the last game at home...I know that was the Raiders, but they beat the Eagles!...haha...We could start a hot streak off this win!

NitroGSXR
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
It really looks like an adrenaline reaction - MOST of the time, the return to worry about is the one AFTER he breaks one big.

Due to his limited playing time at WR, I think many on here don't appreciate just how fast JJ really is. If he gets behind the defender, it's GAME OVER.

I appreciate how fast he is. I knew he was going to bust some of those overextended coverage kicks back. The kid has great swagger and can take it to the house but the problem is... I think he makes too many mistakes. I think he's bobbled a minimum of 6 kicks thus far. I can remember four games off the top of my head this season. The Jets, Titans (LMAO), Cardinals, and now the Bengals.

Mistakes change the momentum of the game. A costly mistake can ruin a team's approach. Punt/kick return fumbles (of the Jacoby Jones kind. He fumbles without getting hit) are stupid and they should not happen. Jacoby Jones is no Devin Hester though.

Buffi2
10-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I begin to wonder why there's so much animosity toward Jacoby Jones around here. It's getting silly, to be honest.

I agree with you. JJ is a fans' heart attack waiting to happen - but by god, that kid can make plays and there aren't that many on this team who can and do like he does.

Punt/kick return fumbles (of the Jacoby Jones kind. He fumbles without getting hit) are stupid and they should not happen.

No, they shouldn't, but he is improving. And I'll take the play making abilities of JJ over the Slaton fumbles which are just as game changing and seem to be happening more often. You can pretty well count on one JJ screw up/game - it is the uncertainty of when and how bad that gets to you.:bat:

Maybe the uncertainty of his play is the reason folks 'roun these parts don't like him. I find him entertaining and scary all at the same time.

NitroGSXR
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree with you. JJ is a fans' heart attack waiting to happen - but by god, that kid can make plays and there aren't that many on this team who can and do like he does.

No, they shouldn't, but he is improving. And I'll take the play making abilities of JJ over the Slaton fumbles which are just as game changing and seem to be happening more often. You can pretty well count on one JJ screw up/game - it is the uncertainty of when and how bad that gets to you.:bat:

Maybe the uncertainty of his play is the reason folks 'roun these parts don't like him. I find him entertaining and scary all at the same time.

*sigh*

This is the second straight game he's bobbled one out of his hands. How is that an improvement?

As for Slaton, I'm not real happy with him this year. He had a decent game but two fumbles? What's that now? 6 for the year? He deserves to be benched. Problem is... who's going to take his place? Moats? Brown? C'mon now.

Leahmic223
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Well if we are talking about Jacoby's play at WR...then why is his returning mentioned?

He's been playing well at WR, he's a threat another weapon. DA is a good player, but I doubt teams are going to fear him like they would Jacoby running down the field!

I want to see Slaton, OD, AJ, JJ, and Walter out there and see who the defense leaves open lol.

GP
10-18-2009, 10:08 PM
The Texans turn more corners than an Indy car driver.

This just in: 4 left turns put you right back where you started.

You picked up on what I was trying to say, at the end, right?

I ended my post by saying all the things that we're expected to say after pulling off such a monumental, corner-turning win.