PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson on facing the Texans....

Air Canada
10-16-2009, 06:19 PM
This is the video... "If you're not first, you're last"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/09000d5d8136aba3/If-you-re-not-first-you-re-last

I'm a little surprised he has some good things to say about our secondary....Dunta maybe, but he mentioned Bennett....:choke:....Although he did say AJ was better than him...sorta...:smiliedance:

m5kwatts
10-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Only reason he's giving all that credit to Bennett/Dunta is cause they shut him down last year, especially Bennett

JWarren14
10-16-2009, 06:34 PM
He also tweeted that Cleveland had some good DBs at some point before their game against the Browns. Take it with a grain of a grain of salt.

TheRealJoker
10-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Just players trying to avoid giving another team bulletin board material.

"I think JaMarcus Russell is a great QB and he's definately going to be a handful in our next game!!!"

m5kwatts
10-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Just players trying to avoid giving another team bulletin board material.

"I think JaMarcus Russell is a great QB and he's definately going to be a handful in our next game!!!"

I think he's justifying his poor play last year, makin an excuse, oh it wasn't me having a bad game they just played well kinda thing

Goldensilence
10-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I can't remember a time where I saw Chad focused like he seemed to be in the interview.

I think he was being kind with the corners, but looks like he didn't know Reeves is likely to get the start opposite Dunta.

Game looks like it could be similar to last week in that people will be talking about the offenses, but the defenses will be were the game is won.

X factor is how well the Texans defense keeps Benson in check. If he has a big game that doesn't bode well for the Texans.

Again one thing is for sure we sure as hell can't come out like we did against Arizona and expect to win.

axman40
10-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Chad Johnson? Oh you mean Ochocinco!
:rake:

brakos82
10-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Did he say anything about Kevin Walter being sexy this year? :spin:

DexmanC
10-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Chad Johnson? Oh you mean Ochocinco!
:rake:

Reporter: "Who's better, Ochocinco or Andre Johnson?"

Ocho: "Well I lost my 'Johnson,' so I'll go with the other guy down in
Houston. He's pretty damn good."

jppaul
10-16-2009, 09:25 PM
X factor is how well the Texans defense keeps Benson in check. If he has a big game that doesn't bode well for the Texans.

Again one thing is for sure we sure as hell can't come out like we did against Arizona and expect to win.

X factor might be the effectiveness of the run game for both teams, but the great equalizer for us, is our special teams, the Bengals coverage teams BLOW.

The Bengals allow 12.5 return average on Punts (30th Place), and 24.7 yards average on Kicks (23rd place).

The Texans are first in Kickoff return average with 18.7, and 4th in Punt return allowed with 4.4 yards per punt.

Texans average 25.7 yards per Kick Return, good for 5th place, and 6th in Punt Return averaging 12.5 yards per return.

If this was the B/S forum I would be buying a Jones TD.

DexmanC
10-16-2009, 09:42 PM
X factor might be the effectiveness of the run game for both teams, but the great equalizer for us, is our special teams, the Bengals coverage teams BLOW.

The Bengals allow 12.5 return average on Punts (30th Place), and 24.7 yards average on Kicks (23rd place).

The Texans are first in Kickoff return average with 18.7, and 4th in Punt return allowed with 4.4 yards per punt.

Texans average 25.7 yards per Kick Return, good for 5th place, and 6th in Punt Return averaging 12.5 yards per return.

If I remember correctly, or go watch NFL Gamerewind, Jacoby took
one to the house against them last year which set the tone for
the 35-3 ass kicking the Bengals took. He ran between two Bengals
in an amazing punt return. I still don't know how he got thru those guys.

Say what you want about the kid, the Texans' chances are much better
with him running back punts. Last week, we don't get back into the game
without Jacoby's field position-setting punt returns.

jppaul
10-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Yup, I am excited to see what Davis and JOnes do against these coverage units.

Air Canada
10-16-2009, 11:16 PM

Yeah, I've been mentioning that very thing... No one seems to be talking about that match-up....

Our ST vs. the Bengals "sorry ST"

edo783
10-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Did he say anything about Kevin Walter being sexy this year? :spin:

In Bungles land, that could be construed as a marriage proposal.:rake:

alphajoker
10-17-2009, 10:19 AM

Hey, why not a couple of TD's? The law of averages has to swing in our favor sooner or later, right? ;)

False Start
10-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Hearing Fred Bennett's name in the same sentence with good, is just strange.... :mcnugget:

DexmanC
10-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Between Quinn, Dunta, and Reeves, I doubt Bennett sees much
of the field, if at all.

TheRealJoker
10-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Special teams will need to be extra special this week. We need the momentum shifts that a big play in special teams can cause to take the crowd out of the game.

A positive turnover ratio and big plays will be the key to the Texans winning this week on the road against a tough Bengals team.

False Start
10-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Between Quinn, Dunta, and Reeves, I doubt Bennett sees much
of the field, if at all.

Yeah, I was thinking he must not have been paying too much attention to the CB situation. The only way I want Fred to see the field, is from the sidelines.

76Texan
10-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Their ST coverage may be lacking, but we also need to watch out for the trickery.

They don't mind faking a punt from their own 30's

Giant Tiger
10-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I've been mentioning that very thing... No one seems to be talking about that match-up....

Our ST vs. the Bengals "sorry ST"

One thing that bothers me though is our kickoffs. Especially against Arizona Brown wasn't getting it very deep. They were catching it outside the 10, which makes it hard to bottle them up. But Davis was catching it inside the 5 or a few yard inside the endzone. He had to run through the opposition around the 10.

Air Canada
10-17-2009, 10:47 PM
I saw the Marvin Lewis press conference on the Texans...

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Marvin-Lewis-Press-Conference-101409/569a6242-8ef6-4278-a882-c9a0e8a88172

his only answer against our ST was to get lucky and force a fumble from Jacoby cuz he has problems holding holding onto the ball....

I don't like the sound of that.....Andre should be out there returning kicks and JJ needs to be really secure with the ball this week.:runaway: