PDA

View Full Version : The 2 teams we beat have a combined record of 1-9

Hookem Horns
10-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned that however that just crossed my mind when Winston on the radio was talking about how big the Titans win was.

Sure, at the time it was however now that they are 0-5 it doesn't look that impressive.

Runner
10-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned that however that just crossed my mind when Winston on the radio was talking about how big the Titans win was.

Sure, at the time it was however now that they are 0-5 it doesn't look that impressive.

Yep. It would be nice if they were 4-1. OK, not really.

Texan_Bill
10-13-2009, 06:44 PM

Well when we beat the Bengals, it will look a little brighter. :fans:

*Okay, okay a guy can dream*

Carr Bombed
10-13-2009, 06:45 PM

It's crossed my mind......I mentioned it a week ago when somebody was talking about how we're going to just walk into Cincy and beat that team...

How so???

offenses are even, but they have a better RB

QBs are about a wash

and

They have a MUCH better defense. They're also 3-1 (only loss coming on a fluke play) with quality wins against the Steelers and Packers.....we're 2-2, with victories over a 0-4 Titans team and a 1-3 horrible Raiders team.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1269246&highlight=raiders#post1269246

We have NO quality wins this year. Yes the Titans win was nice, but looking back on it...that's not even a quality win. They got blown out a week ago, by a team that got slaughtered 41-0 this past Sunday.

New_Texans
10-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Other than the Jets game; we haven't exactly been blown out either. 2 weeks of much better defensive play have me optimistic about our teams chances. Whine as much as you want but 2-3 isn't 0-5 or 0-4 like last year. 11 more games and the team isn't regressing.

76Texan
10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
They both have tough schedules.
They both have the injury bugs.

It's not like we're not feeling it!

JWarren14
10-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Dallas is in the same boat before this past week they hadn't beaten a team that has won a game. And they almost lost to the winless Chiefs.

JCTexan
10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
At least we're not the Redskins. The teams they've played (besides the Giants) are a combined 2-17. The two wins were against them.

TheRealJoker
10-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I dont care who we beat as long as we have enough W's to get into the playoffs. This isn't the BCS, you dont get extra points for strength of schedule.

Just beat whoever is in front of you and I dont care if you win ugly...just win.

jaayteetx
10-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I dont care who we beat as long as we have enough W's to get into the playoffs. This isn't the BCS, you dont get extra points for strength of schedule.

Just beat whoever is in front of you and I dont care if you win ugly...just win.

Playoffs?, playoffs? somebody break out Jim Mora

brakos82
10-13-2009, 07:58 PM

The new one or the old one? :spin:

steelbtexan
10-13-2009, 08:04 PM

I hope you're right.

It was a long fun weekend in Arizona.

ATXtexanfan
10-13-2009, 08:06 PM

true, true, very true

TexansSeminole
10-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Adding to the thread a little, the teams that we lost to have a combined record of 7-7.

Overall, we have had a pretty easy schedule. Our opponent's combined record is 8-16 and we still have a losing record. Taking the Texans out of the equation, our opponent's overall record is 5-14.

Edit: didn't get the numbers right at first. Cough and cold medicine is taking its toll.

Goatcheese
10-13-2009, 09:38 PM

http://msp73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/aykis16/playoffs.jpg

Norg
10-13-2009, 11:02 PM
beating the titans in Tenn is a good W i dont care what any of yall say

all divison games are good wins

ObsiWan
10-13-2009, 11:19 PM

Hear, hear!!
They all count the same in the standings.
:texflag:

man, folks find the weirdest things to whine about.
:thinking:

TexansSeminole
10-13-2009, 11:52 PM
beating the titans in Tenn is a good W i dont care what any of yall say

all divison games are good wins

It's good when it comes to the record and working toward winning the division, but that's not what this thread is about...

I never understood people's inability to understand the meaning of some threads. Why do people insist on replying to a thread like this by saying that someone is whining for posting a fact that creates interesting discussion?

Using our opponent's record is a way to grade our performance relative to our competition. Is that really such a bad thing to be doing?

TexansSeminole
10-14-2009, 12:16 AM

Didn't you start a thread yesterday discussing how the Bengals beat some top teams from last year, and how they barely beat Cleveland?

In trying to find out just how good we are, who we beat is not relevant? Did you not do the same thing to determine how good the Bengals are?

Double Barrel
10-14-2009, 11:33 AM

The only problem with dreams is that you have to wake up to reality. :sleep:

Hear, hear!!
They all count the same in the standings.
:texflag:

Standings? Since when does standings matter to the Houston Texans? They've never mattered in 7+ seasons, and with the Colts running away with the division and a wildcard that will probably take a 10-6 record or better, I don't see standings mattering much this year, as well.

I guess any take not bright and happy is considered "whining" to the Sunshine Club. :spin:

dskillz
10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Other than the Jets game; we haven't exactly been blown out either. 2 weeks of much better defensive play have me optimistic about our teams chances. Whine as much as you want but 2-3 isn't 0-5 or 0-4 like last year. 11 more games and the team isn't regressing.

Not getting blown out doesn't equate being close to winning. Not sure how that logic even got started. A loss is a loss. I agree the team isn't regressing, but they are progressing either. We played 2 teams that stink and won, we played 3 decent-good teams and lost. That is what I am looking at right now. Sure we competed in the losses, but they don't put you in the playoffs because of moral victories.

I love the team, but it has been year after year of "We are close", "Things are getting better", "We just have to work harder". Show me in wins, not supposed 'progress'. So no, not getting blown out in these games doesn't impress me at all. This was supposed to be a playoff year. Right now the team has to go 8-3 just to be 10-6. Of course 11-5 didn't even get the Patriots in the playoffs last year, so do you think we have what it takes to go 9-2 the rest of the way?

Runner
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
I guess any take not bright and happy is considered "whining" to the Sunshine Club. :spin:

Yes, "whining" is the new popular term here as more people grow weary of seeing the same thing with no indication of significant improvement. Perhaps we should be saying:

"Thank you sir, may I have another?"