PDA

View Full Version : James Casey shot yardage back?

texanskan
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Do82SBJKMk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgC0U_SRaeI&feature=related

TimeKiller
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
James Casey doesn't play offense

El Tejano
10-13-2009, 12:12 PM
I can't see the footage but you kind have to like his athletic ability for that.

SheTexan
10-13-2009, 12:54 PM
James Casey doesn't play offense

Really??! He's listed as a TE on the roster, although I know Kubes uses him mostly on STs. BUT, I've always thought of him as an offensive guy.

Mr. White
10-13-2009, 12:55 PM
He'd be more useful at Center.

El Tejano
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Can someone please tell me how one gets into SHOT yardage?

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I wish he would see the field more, regardless of which role he is in. I think he would do well at the wildcat.

But what we should be doing right now is spreading the defense out in situations like Sunday's against the Cards. Multiple WR sets, spread 'em out and create some creases and soft spots.

BigBull17
10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
I wish he would see the field more, regardless of which role he is in. I think he would do well at the wildcat.

But what we should be doing right now is spreading the defense out in situations like Sunday's against the Cards. Multiple WR sets, spread 'em out and create some creases and soft spots.

We've done that in the past, I don't know whats made this year so different.

m5kwatts
10-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Did anyone else notice Casey came in as a WR for a snap on a play-action roll out in the 3rd quarter I think? Kinda random but I like that they wanna get him involved. He could be a real weapon inside the 20s.

infantrycak
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't mean to call anyone out specifically, but c'mon?

Essentially WR moving to TE needs to be short yardage back?

Don't know Casey plays on O?

Center?

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't mean to call anyone out specifically, but c'mon?

Essentially WR moving to TE needs to be short yardage back?

Don't know Casey plays on O?

Center?

He's obviously the biggest threat at TE, and only plays that or FB outside of special teams, saw a couple of snaps at longsnapper during TC. I thought everyone else was messing around or working from the notion he has seen time at FB.

He displayed his ability to catch the ball and get open in pre-season I would like to see if he can replicate it in the regular season.

I don't think this staff has put a lot of time into wildcat since we only saw it briefly (and awkardly I might add) last season, but it does make me wonder how well Casey would be in this role because he's great in space, has good vision, and is a legit passing threat. Not that I am advocating that, just thinking out loud, don't know why the staff didn't give it go, I guess the gave up on it altogether, you got to be pretty darn committed to it to be successful a la Miami Dolphins.