PDA

View Full Version : MAN CRUSH: Kyle Shanahan

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Yeah, it's probably the rum talking, but Lil' Shanny is the best thing to EVER happen to this organization. If Kubiak gets sent packing, I hope Lil' Shanny is kept on regardless of the HC. Hell, why not give the 27-year old offensive genius a shot? It's worked a handful of times in NFL history. Why not us? An offensive mind should be able to build a defensive solidarity. (Brian Billick, anyone?) If Kubiak goes, I vote that Kyle stays, DAMMIT! It should be a requirement of McNair if a firing is in order.

Jackie Chiles
10-13-2009, 01:33 AM
I'd rather try and hold on to Kubiak as an OC if we decide to go with another HC. Won't happen but there is no way Kyle will be the HC here next season either.

brakos82
10-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, it's probably the rum talking

/post. LOL :chickendance:

Ckw
10-13-2009, 01:43 AM
..... Is this a joke? :gamer:

brakos82
10-13-2009, 01:44 AM
..... Is this a joke? :gamer:

Only if youre sober. LOL

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Only if youre sober. LOL

No, I am super duper cereal.

brakos82
10-13-2009, 01:47 AM

Woot! :doot:

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Woot! :doot:

I hope that's not an Aggie "woot" for this Longhorn fan. Hook 'em! (and screw the BCS. wtf? How do you DROP a ranking after a 24-pt blowout?!?)

brakos82
10-13-2009, 01:57 AM
I hope that's not an Aggie "woot" for this Longhorn fan. Hook 'em! (and screw the BCS. wtf? How do you DROP a ranking after a 24-pt blowout?!?)

More of a :woot2: woot. Plus I'm a UH guy. LOL

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 01:58 AM
More of a :woot2: woot. Plus I'm a UH guy. LOL

I'll take UH. Just no aTm crap.

brakos82
10-13-2009, 01:59 AM
I'll take UH. Just no aTm crap.

Fine. You be on your side of the state . LOL

michaelm
10-13-2009, 02:02 AM
hmph... this thread makes a great case for the invention of the internet breathalyzer.

m5kwatts
10-13-2009, 02:03 AM
hmph... this thread makes a great case for the invention of the internet breathalyzer.

LOL rep your way!

brakos82
10-13-2009, 02:05 AM

I'll be drun kif I want to! :runaway:

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 02:09 AM

Don't be mad cuz Aggiez get caught. We know what a designated driver is. Ask the Bush family.

TimeKiller
10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Kyle Shanahan?

Cereal?

I would make a better OC than lil' Shanny. I've played Madden for almost 8 years now, how long has he played?

El Tejano
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
IMO, Shanny is the reason for this offensively skilled team not playing two halves of football and not punching it in from the 1.

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
IMO, Shanny is the reason for this offensively skilled team not playing two halves of football and not punching it in from the 1.

Disagree totally. He's calling the right plays. The team just hasn't executed. How many 3rd down calls in the first half were there that Schaub overthrew? Or receivers (AJ included) dropped? The 3rd and 1 call at the end of the game was brilliant, and Schaub just missed a wide open Dreessen. Shanny is calling great games. He's probably the main reason this team even HAS an elite offense.

badboy
10-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Will you drunks get off the road? I am trying to drive and you keep waking me up.

HOU-TEX
10-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Disagree totally. He's calling the right plays. The team just hasn't executed. How many 3rd down calls in the first half were there that Schaub overthrew? Or receivers (AJ included) dropped? The 3rd and 1 call at the end of the game was brilliant, and Schaub just missed a wide open Dreessen. Shanny is calling great games. He's probably the main reason this team even HAS an elite offense.

"Elite offense"? How can you say that? Neither the offense or defense have yet to put a 60 minute game together this season. "Elite" offenses are consistent game in game out. Our entire team is inconsistent.

The only word I can use to describe this team is 'potential'. Unfortunately, that hasn't changed in 7 years.

SheTexan
10-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Lay off the rum DL!! Shake it off and come to your senses, we'll be here for ya if you need rehab!!!:friends:;)

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
"Elite offense"? How can you say that? Neither the offense or defense have yet to put a 60 minute game together this season. "Elite" offenses are consistent game in game out. Our entire team is inconsistent.

This doesn't reflect on a coordinator, though. You can't say that Shanny isn't calling the right plays - go back and watch any game this season! It comes down to execution, and the players haven't executed for 60 full minutes yet this year. If Schaub makes good throws on any of those 3rd downs Sunday - or if AJ, OD, or KW come down with those catches - those are 1st downs. The playcalling was spot on in the first half, but the coordinator can't go out there and throw the damn ball for them.

HOU-TEX
10-13-2009, 12:14 PM
This doesn't reflect on a coordinator, though. You can't say that Shanny isn't calling the right plays - go back and watch any game this season! It comes down to execution, and the players haven't executed for 60 full minutes yet this year. If Schaub makes good throws on any of those 3rd downs Sunday - or if AJ, OD, or KW come down with those catches - those are 1st downs. The playcalling was spot on in the first half, but the coordinator can't go out there and throw the damn ball for them.

Did I mention anything about Shanahan? I questioned your definition of an "elite" offense.

Goldensilence
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM

Must be channeling the spirit of Dom Capers here. Execute.

He couldn't have gone out there and covered people in the secondary in the first half. What's your point?

Was that rum mixed with some...battle red kool aid?

HoustonFrog
10-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, it's probably the rum talking, but Lil' Shanny is the best thing to EVER happen to this organization. If Kubiak gets sent packing, I hope Lil' Shanny is kept on regardless of the HC. Hell, why not give the 27-year old offensive genius a shot? It's worked a handful of times in NFL history. Why not us? An offensive mind should be able to build a defensive solidarity. (Brian Billick, anyone?) If Kubiak goes, I vote that Kyle stays, DAMMIT! It should be a requirement of McNair if a firing is in order.

Is this Chris Simms?Are you bucking for a new bromance tatoo for each other?

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Lay off the rum DL!! Shake it off and come to your senses, we'll be here for ya if you need rehab!!!:friends:;)

I finished the rum some time after 2am. I'm on the coffee now. But still tasting the rum. Ugh.

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Did I mention anything about Shanahan? I questioned your definition of an "elite" offense.

Point noted. My mistake! I made the assumption based on the thread subject.

HOU-TEX
10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Point noted. My mistake! I made the assumption based on the thread subject.

And you were correct to do so. It was my mistake of a potential thread derail......again. :)

TexansFanatic
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM

Rep to you, my friend. Hilarious.

DerekLee1
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/ss_rUn_N_gUn/MANBEARPIG.jpg