PDA

View Full Version : Who's watching the monday presser?

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
And what should we expect? Certainly a lot of coach speak, I hope Kubes touches on how to get this team ready for Cincy, it's going to be a tough one.

Injury updates are about the only reason I keep tuning in I guess......it really is the same ole same ole, with every coach after every game for the most part.

Thorn
10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Someone wake me up if anything different is said today.

HOU-TEX
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Just watch the presser that followed the Jags game, it'll be the same. :butterfly:

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Just watch the presser that followed the Jags game, it'll be the same. :butterfly:

If I didn't have work to blow off I would totally do something else with my time.

gary
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
What time does it start?

badboy
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
When does it end?

Carr Bombed
10-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Has it started yet?

MannyFresh
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Why bother, its "status quo" with this team anyway. My fault, my fault, blah, blah, blah.

Carr Bombed
10-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Why bother, its "status quo" with this team anyway. My fault, my fault, blah, blah, blah.

I have to get my weekly "thump, thump, thump.....that's my fualt".

valleytexfan
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
This "mike test" guy is getting on my nerves...a little tiresome already!

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I have to get my weekly "thump, thump, thump.....that's my fualt".

I lol'd at this.

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Briesel has an injured foot.

TheRealJoker
10-12-2009, 04:42 PM
"Studdard played very well yesterday..."

TheRealJoker
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
This reporter "Barry" is a *********.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Yankee_In_TX
10-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Wow, McClain is doing good - keeps asking Kubiak if we're going to run less (beause we suck at it) and if the ZBS is out dated.

Errr - surprise, we're going to keep running and the ZBS is great.

valleytexfan
10-12-2009, 04:46 PM
This reporter "Barry" is a *********.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

He's definitely pressing Kubes for answers. What radio station is he from?

MannyFresh
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
whats he saying about CB?

hookinreds
10-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Briesel has an injured foot.

...and his comment was that a young guy or rookie (can't remember) would fill in. "Caldwell and Chris will share time", but what I couldn't figure out was if that was Caldwell and White at G or Caldwell and Myers at C and White at G or Caldwell at both C/G.

Made it sound like Brisiel might be out for a while from the tone of his voice.

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
...and his comment was that a young guy or rookie (can't remember) would fill in. "Caldwell and Chris will share time", but what I couldn't figure out was if that was Caldwell and White at G or Caldwell and Myers at C and White at G or Caldwell at both C/G.

Made it sound like Brisiel might be out for a while from the tone of his voice.

Caldwell and White at G is how I took it. I agree too, he didn't sound like it was going to be a quick return, and he will "miss time".

My connection dropped out 3 times though and I had to refresh......maybe they are on to me up here at work......:spin:

mariowillshine15
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Trent Dilfer just said on NFL Live about our 4th down run. "I think thats the worst goal line rush ive ever seen." lol

hookinreds
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Caldwell and White at G is how I took it.

My connection dropped out 3 times though and I had to refresh......maybe they are on to me up here at work......:spin:

Come to think of it he did say that Caldwell was at C in the preseason so he could get down the calls...but almost as if he hasn't been working there since then.

Buffi2
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
whats he saying about CB?

He said Reeves did better than Kubiak thought he would - made some good plays. Quinn is coming along and Dunte gets better every week. That is all I remember - but my memory isn't great.

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Trent Dilfer just said on NFL Live about our 4th down run. "I think thats the worst goal line rush ive ever seen." lol

How bad is it when Trent Dilfer is ragging on you? Pretty freaking bad. :rake:

MannyFresh
10-12-2009, 04:57 PM
How bad is it when Trent Dilfer is ragging on you? Pretty freaking bad. :rake:

He's got a ring, so he can claim scoreboard.

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I didn't hear anything about Pollard, but from where I was sitting he was a brightspot yesterday.

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2009, 04:59 PM
He's got a ring, so he can claim scoreboard.

Yeah, I know, unfortunately. He is also boyz with YKW.

TheRealJoker
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I didn't hear anything about Pollard, but from where I was sitting he was a brightspot yesterday.

He got fooled by Warner on Fitzgerald's first td. Warner moved him with his eyes and then fit the ball right where he was to Fitzgerald who had just disposed of Dunta.

Other than that he did okay. Coverage isn't his strong suit. He laid the wood on Breaston in one play, dont know how that guy held on to the ball!!!

MannyFresh
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I wonder what Jeff Fisher is saying today? Trying to find a bright side in all this...LOL

MannyFresh
10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Any word on the 1 yard line incident? Don't tell me, "Chris is taking it hard again today."

GP
10-12-2009, 05:24 PM
There's this guy named James Casey on our team.

I really figured he'd be suited for 3rd and goal from the 2.

Go shotgun formation with James Casey and Steve Slaton back there with Schaub. Put AJ, OD, and Dreesen out at WR spots: Either two on each side, or trips to one side. Spread the line out instead of blatantly showing that you're running into the middle of the line.

In war, a long and thin front line is penetrable at any point along it. If you try to attack a really clogged up area of the enemy's line, you're screwed.

This is really some basic stuff, IMO.

I was stunned at the playcalling. Stunned.

We'd been gashing them on the pass plays for the whole 2nd half. Then we go Mike Sherman on them?

This team is either just about to really take off and play off-the-charts-awesome football, and they just are on the verge of it. Or they are phony pretenders playing way over their heads.

Which team is this: The team that bumbled the whole first half, or the one that lit it up in the second half and should have won?

I find it hard to complain about the loss. The defense figured stuff out and held down the fort in the second half. We didn't get blown out and laughed at. In fact, hardly anybody acknowledges that the missed field goal--Had it been made by Kris Brown--puts us in the driver's seat on the drive where Schaub throws a pick 6.

Kris usually nails his kicks. So, for me, this is a loss that I count as a win. And I don't care to get involved in the doomsday rhetoric that's on here right now. That loss, to me, was a loss that's easier to take than the ones we suffered vs. Jets and Jaguars. this season.

Titans are 0-5, and also gives me reason to have "some" measure of sanity.

Goldensilence
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
There's this guy named James Casey on our team.

I really figured he'd be suited for 3rd and goal from the 2.

Go shotgun formation with James Casey and Steve Slaton back there with Schaub. Put AJ, OD, and Dreesen out at WR spots: Either two on each side, or trips to one side. Spread the line out instead of blatantly showing that you're running into the middle of the line.

In war, a long and thin front line is penetrable at any point along it. If you try to attack a really clogged up area of the enemy's line, you're screwed.

This is really some basic stuff, IMO.

I was stunned at the playcalling. Stunned.

We'd been gashing them on the pass plays for the whole 2nd half. Then we go Mike Sherman on them?

This team is either just about to really take off and play off-the-charts-awesome football, and they just are on the verge of it. Or they are phony pretenders playing way over their heads.

Which team is this: The team that bumbled the whole first half, or the one that lit it up in the second half and should have won?

I find it hard to complain about the loss. The defense figured stuff out and held down the fort in the second half. We didn't get blown out and laughed at. In fact, hardly anybody acknowledges that the missed field goal--Had it been made by Kris Brown--puts us in the driver's seat on the drive where Schaub throws a pick 6.

Kris usually nails his kicks. So, for me, this is a loss that I count as a win. And I don't care to get involved in the doomsday rhetoric that's on here right now. That loss, to me, was a loss that's easier to take than the ones we suffered vs. Jets and Jaguars. this season.

Titans are 0-5, and also gives me reason to have "some" measure of sanity.

Brain hurting......trying to figure out...... loss that counts as a win. Ugh.

pbat488
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
He said Reeves did better than Kubiak thought he would - made some good plays. Quinn is coming along and Dunte gets better every week. That is all I remember - but my memory isn't great.

Think the OP was alluding to Chris Brown actually. For some reason the multimedia page isn't working for me on the Texans site so if anyone has a summary and wouldn't mind posting it, I'd be very appreciative.

TheRealJoker
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Why didn't we try to spread them out once at the 1 yard line? It worked against the Dolphins this time last year. In theory its our best option with a weak interior OL to force them to cover all the targets we have and not stack 8 in the box.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm tired of watching the highlights, errrrrr lowlights. Can someone remember what formation we were win when we went for it earlier in the game? Wasn't someone spread out?

bckey
10-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Did anyone ask Kubiak why when we went for it on 4th and 1 earlier in the game we threw deep to Andre instead of picking up the 1st down? Maybe Bush should have thrown a punch at Lil Shanny.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Did anyone ask Kubiak why when we went for it on 4th and 1 earlier in the game we threw deep to Andre instead of picking up the 1st down? Maybe Bush should have thrown a punch at Lil Shanny.

lol:

Wolf
10-12-2009, 06:39 PM

what I understand on that one.. Kubiak was LIVID at Schaub for doing that when he had someone underneath

TheRealJoker
10-12-2009, 06:42 PM

That's not completely Lil Shanny's fault. He could've called a better play but Schaub took the deep shot instead of checking down or trying to scramble.

76Texan
10-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm tired of watching the highlights, errrrrr lowlights. Can someone remember what formation we were win when we went for it earlier in the game? Wasn't someone spread out?

Exact same formation, same play.
Except most everything worked!

Studdard was pushed back just the same, but at least he didn't let his guy slant inside. (Actually the guy was more busy pushing Studdard back; he got smarter the next time around, LOL!)

Brisiel and Winston were able to clear Dockett to the outside instead of bunching everything up to the inside.

Myers got a push (not a whole lot, but enough).
Leach went up between Studdard and Myers instead of having to veer inside.
Chris Brown followed, instead of having to veer all the way to the other side of Myers.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Exact same formation, same play.
Except most everything worked!

Studdard was pushed back just the same, but at least he didn't let his guy slanted inside. (Actually the guy was more busy pushing Studdard back; he got smarter the next time around, LOL!)

Brisiel and Winston were able to clear Dockett to the outside instead of bunching everything up to the inside.

Myers got a push (not a whole lot, but enough).
Leach went up between Studdard and Myers instead of having to veer inside.
Chris Brown followed, instead of having to veer all the way to the other side of Myers.

Someone just answered it in another thread, by quoting Dockett. He said it was the same exact formation and play, that's how he recognized it.

76Texan
10-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Someone just answered it in another thread, by quoting Dockett. He said it was the same exact formation and play, that's how he recognized it.

And Myers was great the first time; not so good the second time, but his "fault" was much lesser then the others! :runaway:

Studdard sucked on both plays.
Brisiel & Winston sucked more than Myers because they were double-teaming Dockett and couldn't do anything.

:cow::cow::cow:

Texan_Bill
10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
And Myers was great the first time; not so good the second time, but his "fault" was much lesser then the others! :runaway:

Studdard sucked on both plays.
Brisiel & Winston sucked more than Myers because they were double-teaming Dockett and couldn't do anything.

:cow::cow::cow:

Win as a team, suck as a team... my motto.

76Texan
10-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Win as a team, suck as a team... my motto.

Most of the time, we need 2, 3, 4, maybe 5 guys to do their job for a play to be successful anyway! :tiphat:

Dishman
10-12-2009, 09:09 PM

Hasn't everyone got this pegged by now? The Texans are both teams, they are everything you saw in that game. Consistently inconsistent. Texan fans live in the same kind of Purgatory from South Park last week. Stuck on an airplane jetway with the plane not taking off and the bastards won't let us off to take a piss!
:choke: