PDA

View Full Version : What makes the Difference?

Texan Asylum
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Please help me understand what can make the kind of difference we seen today - the first half as opposed to the second half - is there something there, or is this just another symptom of our teams inconsistency?

I want to believe, but it is so very hard not to think that this roller coaster will just keep rolling along like it has for years now.

Was the second half an indicator of where this team is heading? Is there hope?

Leahmic223
10-11-2009, 08:40 PM
I think it's because Kubiak wants to run the ball so bad that we come out and forget that we can pass the ball with the best of them.

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I think it's because Kubiak wants to run the ball so bad that we come out and forget that we can pass the ball with the best of them.

true, but matt was off in the 1st half. kubes doesn't know how to fire everyone up if you ask me. no leadership.

Texan Asylum
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
true, but matt was off in the 1st half. kubes doesn't know how to fire everyone up if you ask me. no leadership.

There is no doubt that this team has the talent to win. Is this inconsistency an indicator of poor coaching or team level leadership? Where is the breakdown? You would think that the leaders on the team would step up if the lack of leadership was at the top with Kubes and his clan.

eriadoc
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
There is no doubt that this team has the talent to win.

I'll quote Hervoyel to answer that question - see sig.

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
convinced the breakdown is in coaching. see cowboys.

Second Honeymoon
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
coaching would have made the difference. this team is hardly ever prepared to play at the whistle.

its been a problem since Day One of the Kubiak era. maybe its time to realize that Kubiak is just too much of a softy and lacks enough emotion and fire to get his team's ready to play?

if I ever see Brown run the football again for the Texans, I am going to puke. Brown needs to be cut and we need to give the ball to Slaton and Moats and screw a goal line back. Brown is total pants. Pathetic. Two games in a row him and Myers have cost us. Why is Myers even in the league? HE FREAKING SUCKS!!!!

You can't fire the players, its time to fire the flatlining coach who shouldn't have been hired to begin with? Look at what coaching can do. Just look around the league. You don't have to wait 5 years to find out if your coach sucks. I know ours does and the rest of his crony/friends that finish off his staff. Aside from Matthews and Kollar of course. They are at least coveted by other teams, whereas the rest of the staff is 3rd rate castoffs and failures.

Wolf
10-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I love the passing game, but I think of this quote when you can't run

Three things can happen when you pass and two of 'em are bad. .

Darrell Royal

Texan Asylum
10-11-2009, 09:03 PM
coaching would have made the difference. this team is hardly ever prepared to play at the whistle.

its been a problem since Day One of the Kubiak era. maybe its time to realize that Kubiak is just too much of a softy and lacks enough emotion and fire to get his team's ready to play?

if I ever see Brown run the football again for the Texans, I am going to puke. Brown needs to be cut and we need to give the ball to Slaton and Moats and screw a goal line back. Brown is total pants. Pathetic. Two games in a row him and Myers have cost us. Why is Myers even in the league. HE FREAKING SUCKS!!!!

Maybe I wrong, but I didn't think that Slaton did that well running the ball either. At this point, I can agree with the rest of what you said though.

Second Honeymoon
10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Maybe I wrong, but I didn't think that Slaton did that well running the ball either. At this point, I can agree with the rest of what you said though.

I am not saying Slaton is the greatest either, but Brown's inability to gain 1 yard has cost us 12.5% of our season. Time to try something else unless your Kubiak where you just keep trying something that doesn't work. We can't run the ball in obvious run situations. Our Center is the worst Center in the league for 2 years running now, yet Kubiak insists that we need to run the ball. Yeah, if we had even a below average Center, we could.

Myers needs to be replaced immediately.
Brown needs to be replaced immediately.
Kubiak needs to be fired at the end of season or sooner if things continue to smell like crap.

gafftop
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
It is a shame. This coaching staff is holding this team back.
1. Very poor judge of talent. Fred Bennett was the starter at the beginning of the season. Very slow to realize their mistake. Cost possibly 1 game.
2. The offensive coordinator Shan/Kubiak live in LA LA land in reference to what they have on offense. They could have won this game easily if they had opened it up from the beginning. They have a problem thinking they have to establish the run from the beginning. So they always start behind the 8 ball.
3. The Coaching staff has a MAJOR problem thinking they can run their offense with undersized players upfront. The GAME HAS PASSED THEM By. Worse though is they don't know it.
4. To worried about following coaching myths instead of just winning.
5. This COACHING STAFF JUST DOES NOT HAVE it.

I know players make the plays and when they don't you lose.
a. Matt throws INT for pick..
b. Matt rushes throw and overthrows TD pass
c. Matt goes long on 4th down and throws into double or triple coverage.

But that is a whole other story.

Leahmic223
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM

I think we use Slaton wrong. Everytime we run him outside he does much better. Maybe this is because Brown and Winston are better than what we have in the middle, not sure...but I know running Slaton outside seems to work and yet we keep running him inside.

Texan Asylum
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
I am not saying Slaton is the greatest either, but Brown's inability to gain 1 yard has cost us 12.5% of our season. Time to try something else unless your Kubiak where you just keep trying something that doesn't work. We can't run the ball in obvious run situations. Our Center is the worst Center in the league for 2 years running now, yet Kubiak insists that we need to run the ball. Yeah, if we had even a below average Center, we could.

Myers needs to be replaced immediately.
Brown needs to be replaced immediately.
Kubiak needs to be fired at the end of season or sooner if things continue to smell like crap.

IMO, this team needs an attitude at the coaching level that is greater than the sum of the talent it is leading. Players, like children, need strong willed leadership, or else they will do what they naturally do, just enough to get by or make it. IMO

Not saying players are like children. :)

Texan Asylum
10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I think we use Slaton wrong. Everytime we run him outside he does much better. Maybe this is because Brown and Winston are better than what we have in the middle, not sure...but I know running Slaton outside seems to work and yet we keep running him inside.

I agree.

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 09:41 PM

convinced this coaching staff sets its players up to fail.