PDA

View Full Version : Is Kubiak Gonna Let Myers Get Him Fired!??

DexmanC
10-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I submit the final two plays from scrimmage as Exhibit A. The Texans
are the ONLY team in the NFL who can not get any push up the middle
on 3rd and 1. I fear teams will play the Texans tight up the middle
for the rest of the season. Kubiak MUST make a personnel change
at Center, and possible one of the guard spots. It is ABSURD that
we can not get any push up the middle for even Chris Brown.

I'm numb to this loss. I refuse to ride the roller coaster anymore, but I
wish the team well. I will watch, bowl of eggs and rice in hand.

mariowillshine15
10-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Caldwell may be a rookie but im sure he could do better than that.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes, because he is that stupid.

Second Honeymoon
10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Myers is rubbish. Pure garbage.

Brown isn't much better. You can upright like that if you have speed like Eric Dickerson otherwise its a major fail.

Play of the Year by Andre though.

jaayteetx
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
In a word......Yes

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Watching this team try to push defenders around with a interior line lead by Chris Myers on a 3rd/4th and 1 http://www.soonet.ca/images/smilies/Smile/suicide.gif

TexansBlood
10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Yup

PapaL
10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
We bench our DBs because of poor play but our OL gets a free pass?

Gibbs needs to do something about this.

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
We bench our DBs because of poor play but our OL gets a free pass?

Gibbs needs to do something about this.

Why do you think that is???

You know why I think that is...

I think that's because Alex Gibbs is the only coach on Kubiak's staff that Kubaik doesn't have the balls to undermine or second guess. Isn't Alex Gibbs like a assistant head coach or something ridiculously stupid like that? Alex Gibbs is our Dick Cheney...and like Dick Cheney, he's searching for WMDs within our interior line when all he has is a bunch of duds out there to throw at opposing defensive lines..

PapaL
10-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Why do you think that is???

You know why I think that is...

I think that's because Alex Gibbs is the only coach on Kubiak's staff that Kubaik doesn't have the balls to undermine or second guess. Isn't Alex Gibbs like a assistant head coach or something ridiculously stupid like that? Alex Gibbs is our Dick Cheney...and like Dick Cheney, he's searching for WMDs within our interior line when all he has is a bunch of duds out there to throw at opposing defensive lines..

Exactly right. Which is why I said Gibbs needs to something. The situation is out of control. The league knows C is by far our weakest link; thanks to Kris Jenkins. It seems every blitz, every big play for the D comes right up the middle. Right where our QB can't do anything about it.

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 07:16 PM
blaming myers is bush, he blocked ok when schaub misfired on what should have been a td on 3rd down. it's a team game fellas. the entire O sucked for 2 qtrs and put is in a 21pt hole. a probowl center wouldn't fix things

mexican_texan
10-11-2009, 07:29 PM
blaming myers is bush, he blocked ok when schaub misfired on what should have been a td on 3rd down. it's a team game fellas. the entire O sucked for 2 qtrs and put is in a 21pt hole. a probowl center wouldn't fix things
I call BS on that.

What's Gibbs' history as far as benching O-linemen? I have a feeling Kubiak won't bench Myers.

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 07:30 PM

LMAO.......what player have you been watching over the last couple of seasons? So you think our constant inability to pick up tough yards when we need them has no negative effect on this team...

Alex Gibbs needs to live up to his legendary Oline guru label.....sorry, but I'm not feeling Chris Myers (who already HAS EXPERIENCE in this system and SHOULD BE AHEAD OF EVERY LINEMAN ON THE LINE)

I'm starting to figure out why Shanny was willing to give him up for just a 6th rounder. I haven't mentioned it before, but have noticed it...(in preseason)...Chris Myers looks light in the britches and gets absolutely ZERO push up the middle, hell he can't even hold the line. Watching him get thrown into Slaton like he was a bean bag chair was so demoralizing and made me want to throw up, the guy got tossed around like a doll.

Sorry to tell you folks, but like the story of the previous 6 years.....this team will only go as far as the performance of our Oline (and QB play), if we can't establish a running game to help keep our crappy coached defense off the field we're done, if the Oline doesn't get their crap together and if Chris Myers can't move somebody off the line.....5-11 here we come

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=993278&highlight=Chris+Myers#post993278

That post was made on 09-07-2008

The only thing I was wrong about in that post was our final record..(which is sad, because I'm just a NFL fan and it only took me one ball game to realize Myers is NOT a NFL starting caliber center)..and we had to pull a rabbit out of our ass just to get to 8-8

Our "blame" has little to do with that one play or this one game.

Kimmy
10-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Just for fun I searched for "Fire Kubiak" group on Facebook. It has two members LOL

mariowillshine15
10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Just for fun I searched for "Fire Kubiak" group on Facebook. It has two members LOL

If we keep losing like this it will grow exponentially.

hobie
10-11-2009, 07:38 PM
WHY DO THEY NOT RUN A QB SNEAK.... and that excuse they are ready for it is BS, the shortest point between A-B is straight ahead....I am so blasted sick of it...I am starting to think it is time for a new regime next year !

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
LMAO.......what player have you been watching over the last couple of seasons?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=993278&highlight=Chris+Myers#post993278

That post was made on 09-07-2008

Sorry to tell you this, but our "blame" has little to do with that one play or this one game.

we are a finesse team RIGHT? that means we can't run the ball up the middle. that 3rd down pass was open and schaub ****ed up. if our franchise qb made the throw game tied. he didn't. OUR COACHING STAFF PUT OUR OFFENSE IN A POSTION TO FAIL BY RUNNING THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE. seriously, you have to put your players in a postion to succeed. no one on this board would bet the house on us a 4th and one the goal line by running up the gut. myers was set up to fail along with the rest of the O. what don't you guys get?

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
we are a finesse team RIGHT? that means we can't run the ball up the middle. that 3rd down pass was open and schaub ****ed up. if our franchise qb made the throw game tied. he didn't. OUR COACHING STAFF PUT OUR OFFENSE IN A POSTION TO FAIL BY RUNNING THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE. seriously, you have to put your players in a postion to succeed. no one on this board would bet the house on us a 4th and one the goal line by running up the gut. myers was set up to fail along with the rest of the O. what don't you guys get?

This thread is not about the play calling......there's another thread about that playcall if you want to argue that point. This thread is about Chris Myers and his crappy play, which takes (or should take) that playcall out of the playbook. Chris Myers "suckiness" helped this team lose on more than just that play today.

And as far as "setting a player up to fail".......if asking your starting center to be able to help convert any third/fourth and short running play (which grinding out the tough yards is one of his main jobs BTW) is "setting him up to fail" , then that's like saying...."asking Chris Myers to be a starting center on a NFL offensive like is setting him up to fail".

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 07:54 PM
This thread is not about the play calling......there's another thread about that if you want to argue that point. This thread is about Chris Myers and his crappy play. Chris Myers "suckiness" helped this team lose on more than just that play today.

And as far as "setting a player up to fail".......if asking your starting center to be able to help convert a third/fourth and short running play is "setting him up to fail" (which is one of his main jobs), then that's like saying...."asking Chris Myers to be a starting center on a NFL offensive like is setting him up to fail".

don't see how one player loses the game in the ultimate team sport? this game falls on schaub if anything, not myers. asking schaub to hit a wide open TE in the back of the endzone with the game on the line isn't much when he's a pro qb.

MeLoveTexans
10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
don't see how one player loses the game in the ultimate team sport? this game falls on schaub if anything, not myers. asking schaub to hit a wide open TE in the back of the endzone with the game on the line isn't much when he's a pro qb.

Yes thats true. However we wouldn't have needed that 3rd down play if we were able to gain a yard on 2nd when Chris Brown ran up the middle. The interior linemen get no push. That is what this threads about

Schaub did f up that 3rd down play, but 2nd and 4th down were entirely on us not getting any push

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM

Again......the thread is called "Is Kubiak gonna let Myers get him fired".

This thread is about CHRIS MYERS......not about Schaub, not about that last playcall. It's about Chris Myers not being a starting caliber center and the fact that he's killing us in the running game.....what's so hard to understand about that? I don't even know why you keep bringing up that "ONE" play.

ReliantTexan
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
don't see how one player loses the game in the ultimate team sport? this game falls on schaub if anything, not myers. asking schaub to hit a wide open TE in the back of the endzone with the game on the line isn't much when he's a pro qb.And is it too much to ask for your interior O-line to open enough space for the running back to get half a yard, just once when they needed to? I mean they are pro lineman.

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Yes thats true. However we wouldn't have needed that 3rd down play if we were able to gain a yard on 2nd when Chris Brown ran up the middle. The interior linemen get no push. That is what this threads about

Schaub did f up that 3rd down play, but 2nd and 4th down were entirely on us not getting any push

yes but our gaurds have no push just like myers. if our C,LG,RG have no push why run up the middle when it hasn't been there all year? to blame myers is stupid when we can't run up the middle at all what so ever. how many times do you bang your head against a wall before you realize it hurts? not sticking up for myers, just the picture is bigger.

TheRealJoker
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks like losing Chester Pitts hurt even more than we thought...

ATXtexanfan
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Again......the thread is called "Is Kubiak gonna let Myers get him fired".

This thread is about CHRIS MYERS......not about Schaub, not about that last playcall. It's about Chris Myers not being a starting caliber center and the fact that he's killing us in the running game.....what's so hard to understand about that? I don't even know why you keep bringing up that "ONE" play.

we cant run up the gut to save our lives but THEY tried again, myers sucks as well as our gaurds. do you really think that if myers was gone and we had the same two guards that suck equally that we would have scored? my point is that it's not just myers. our interior O-line sucks and the coaching staff magnifies it.

DexmanC
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Jeff Saturday isn't the biggest center in the league, but he holds he point of
attack WAYYY better than Myers does. Caldwell isn't much bigger than
Myers, but he's A LOT stronger.

Get a center and guard combo that doesn't get blown back into the backfield
every snap. I saw Mike Singletary's video from last week. He went to his
weakest lineman, and said: "These guys (the rest of the o-line) are working.
What are you doing out there? If you're not gonna work, let me know."

You know what happened? He RESPONDED.

leebigeztx
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't understand why Johnson isn't on the field in those situations. If u just go base personnell , u can throw over the top to johnson or quick slant. Taking johnson out loades the box and makes it tough in there. Plus,gabe and darnell are loads inside.

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
we cant run up the gut to save our lives but THEY tried again, myers sucks as well as our gaurds. do you really think that if myers was gone and we had the same two guards that suck equally that we would have scored? my point is that it's not just myers. our interior O-line sucks and the coaching staff magnifies it.

Again.....you keep talking about that one play...

To answer your other question (even though this thread isn't about our guards). Yes if we were stronger at the center position we would also be stronger at the G positions. The C is the main guy in the middle.....it's his job to anchor the interior line. Even if you have average Gs.......when the middle of your line consistently collapses it kills the success of the entire interior line. Chris Myers is the #1 problem with the middle of the line....then it's our guards. If you've noticed both starting Gs positions have now been changed since Myers first started for us.......but one thing stays the same. Myers is killing us in the middle. He has been from his very first snap in a Texans' uniform.

RagingBull
10-12-2009, 02:31 AM
I wonder if they can find Bruce Matthews some pads and a helmet? I bet he still has enough in the tank to do better than Myers...:deadhorse