PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown < Goal Line

stingray
10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I do not want to see Chris Brown at the Goal ever again unless it's a blowout!!!!!!!

Goatcheese
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM
No kidding. Slaton runs harder and breaks more tackles than this cry baby.

jaayteetx
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I do not want to see Chris Brown at the Goal ever again unless it's a blowout!!!!!!!

well, i don't know if Earl himself could get through the mass of humanity that these interior lineman of ours are failing to push off the line of scrimmage!

awtysst
10-11-2009, 06:24 PM
One of the knocks on the ZBS is exactly what we are seeing, when you need to rush between the 20s its very tough. You see most teams using aspects of it, but usually go into more of a power scheme inside the red zone.

TexanPulse
10-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Chris Brown vs. short yardage anywhere = Failure

m5kwatts
10-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Unless its Kris Brown kicking a PAT

Jackie Chiles
10-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Sweep with Slaton or just pass. We just can't seem to get a decent push when we try to pound it up the gut. Ugggh, Matt needs to make that throw to Joel.

jaayteetx
10-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Sweep with Slaton or just pass. We just can't seem to get a decent push when we try to pound it up the gut. Ugggh, Matt needs to make that throw to Joel.

Cause our interior linemen suck arse!!!

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Chris Brown vs. short yardage anywhere = Failure

Correction....

Oline < Goal Line.

It doesn't matter who you have in the backfield when you also have the softest/most finesse offensive line in the NFL. Don't know if anybody has noticed, but our short yardage running sucked LONG BEFORE Chris Brown got here. We simply can't line up against a stacked box and push people around...

Jackie Chiles
10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Cause our interior linemen suck arse!!!

Yeah, pretty much.

mariowillshine15
10-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I knew itd fail once he got in there.

TexCanada
10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
We need a meaner O line.

hot pickle
10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
pitch left to slaton that close to the goaline will get us a td

stingray
10-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Correction....

Oline < Goal Line.

It doesn't matter who you have in the backfield when you also have the softest/most finesse offensive line in the NFL. Don't know if anybody has noticed, but our short yardage running sucked LONG BEFORE Chris Brown got here. We simply can't line up against a stacked box and push people around...

Our overall o line has sucked this year when it came to the running game.. But you were the first to blame Stevie about our porous run game due to his weight gain in the pre-season. I always knew it wasn't stevie because he never had any running room when he got the ball pre-season or not. I always saw one or two defenders on him as soon as he got the ball.

Norg
10-11-2009, 10:34 PM
We need ron dayne back plain and simple :P

Carr Bombed
10-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Our overall o line has sucked this year when it came to the running game.. But you were the first to blame Stevie about our porous run game due to his weight gain in the pre-season. I always knew it wasn't stevie because he never had any running room when he got the ball pre-season or not. I always saw one or two defenders on him as soon as he got the ball.

Actually I didn't blame Stevie for the Oline.......I said he's not as quick as he was last season and I still don't think he is. (That's a completely different issue from the Oline. My beefs with the Oline are well documented and they go back long before my criticism of Slaton.)

All I have to do is pull out tape of Slaton from last season and I can still see a player who's a step slow......granted he has picked up a little of his burst back, but he still doesn't have the same burst he had last season.

Texecutioner
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM
THis was all on Kubiak for continuing to roll Brown's ass out there on the GL. How many freaking times does brown have to fail on the GL to get Kubes to understand that he's not the guy to run in the GL situations. If I'm not mistaken Brown now has one TD from inside the 5 out of like 6 or 7 attempts and one of them being a fumble to lose the game and another where he wasn't able to tie the game where we just lost. This is pathetic. Brown has done nothing at all this season in any situations to even have warranted those carries down there today. If anything Moats should have gotten it if Slaton didn't. Just not the guy that never goes anywhere and fumbled to lose the game last time.

m5kwatts
10-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Had we trotted Slaton out there to pound it for no gain 3 times we'd be all over Kubiak for not putting Chris Brown in. The point is the offense as a whole did not execute that goal line situation.

mariowillshine15
10-11-2009, 11:49 PM

I wouldnt want him having it in a blowout either. He'd probably fumble and ignite a comeback.

Texecutioner
10-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Had we trotted Slaton out there to pound it for no gain 3 times we'd be all over Kubiak for not putting Chris Brown in. The point is the offense as a whole did not execute that goal line situation.

It should have been a pass any way. We were passing on them all day long and not getting anywhere running the ball. You don't risk your last play on a play that your team is terrible at running with a RB that has no consistency inside the 5 what so ever under an O line that can't open up a hole or move a pile to save their lives. It was a complete failure in every aspect from the play call, to the line, and to the run.

DexmanC
10-12-2009, 12:42 AM
The problem wasn't Chris Brown.
The problem is this team's personnel at the LG C RG positions.
Earl Campbell couldn't have gotten that yard, when the defense
is in the backfield IMMEDIATELY after the ball is SNAPPED!!

If the Texans are intentionally going light in the center of the O-line,
why are they asking them to power block 9 in the box? Why didn't
they spread it out with 5-wide in the shotgun? It worked against the
Dolphins in the Texans first win of last season.

Chris Myers doesn't suck because he's small. He sucks because he's
WEAK at the point of attack. If the Texans want to know how to PROPERLY
dominate a team while having a small O-line, they need to see the Colts.

They use their speed and agility to stretch the defense LATERALLY. When
the defense commits to the outside, THEN the cutback up the gut is
WIDE ASS OPEN!!! I don't make the millions Kubiak and his staff does, and
even I can see that shit.

DANGG!!!

Texecutioner
10-12-2009, 12:47 AM
The problem wasn't Chris Brown.
The problem is this team's personnel at the LG C RG positions.
Earl Campbell couldn't have gotten that yard, when the defense
is in the backfield IMMEDIATELY after the ball is SNAPPED!!

If the Texans are intentionally going light in the center of the O-line,
why are they asking them to power block 9 in the box? Why didn't
they spread it out with 5-wide in the shotgun? It worked against the
Dolphins in the Texans first win of last season.

Chris Myers doesn't suck because he's small. He sucks because he's
WEAK at the point of attack. If the Texans want to know how to PROPERLY
dominate a team while having a small O-line, they need to see the Colts.

They use their speed and agility to stretch the defense LATERALLY. When
the defense commits to the outside, THEN the cutback up the gut is
WIDE ASS OPEN!!! I don't make the millions Kubiak and his staff does, and
even I can see that shit.

DANGG!!!

Say what you want, but Chris Brown is a GL problem no matter how you chop it up. He's like 1 for 6 while being handed the ball inside the 5 now. He doesn't ever get in. Call it bad blocking on this play or that play, but I've seen him in GL carries enough now to know that the "Chris Brown at the GL experiment' is an epic failure and he doesn't need to touch the field again for any reason. He's been utterly worthless this season to this team.