PDA

View Full Version : Two Things I Am Really Tired of Seeing

eriadoc
10-11-2009, 04:32 PM
1.) Matt Schaub holding onto the ball, then rolling out to the right under pressure and finally launching one out of bounds.

2.) Leach lined up at WR, motioning into the FB position, then an unimaginative run stright up into the backs of our ineffective interior linemen for no gain.

GuerillaBlack
10-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Agreed on both. Really pissing me off.

TexanBacker93
10-11-2009, 04:35 PM
This whole offense is unimaginative. It has the ability to produce yards when teams go into a prevent mode, but it can't score points. You win games by putting points on the board.

eriadoc
10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing:

3.) Our defense.

HOU-TEX
10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
This team is a joke.

That's all I've got to say and I've got better things to do with my time.

GuerillaBlack
10-11-2009, 04:46 PM
This team is a joke.

Yep.

I'm actually about to take a nap before my all-nighter tonight. Extra sleep for me instead of wasting my time on the game.

TimeKiller
10-11-2009, 04:49 PM
The Leach in motion thing is about the most pointless thing I've ever seen. Besides the rest of the offense. Back to laughing-stock-OL-problems. No holes, no time in the pocket.

Hervoyel
10-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I really think we've seen the best of Matt Schaub. There's a "next step" to this process that isn't coming with him. He is capable of playing well and he will sometimes but he is not the answer at QB for this team or any other. He's another career backup who will tease you into thinking he might be starter quality but he's not.

Notice how many bad passes this guy has thrown in just the first 4.5 games of the season? He's gotten away with a lot of this but he could easily have 8-10 picks right now. Last year he was doing that kind of crap and the only difference between him now and then is dumb luck. Bad decisions still happen all the time with this guy. On top of that he's getting worse in the face of pressure, not better. The longer he holds on to the ball the worse the outcome. He's not Ben Roethlisberger who is hanging on but about to pull a rabbit out of his hat. He's just Matt Schaub who's trying to do that but can't do it. He's desperate to make a play but he couldn't find it to save his life unless he gets lucky and shakes the defender. Against a team with no pass rush he's effective. Anybody who can bring pressure can turn him into Sage Rosenfels on a bad day in three series. That's why everybody smacks the crap out of Matt. You might hurt him which is fine but really all you have to do is make him start doing stupid shit to win the game.

We'll finish less than 8-8 this year. Not a doubt in my mind. I hope the next HC ends the Schaub experiment. Its run its course.

Lucky
10-11-2009, 04:54 PM
1. Gary Kubiak staring down his Denny's menu.

http://imgsrv.sportsradio610.com/image/kilt2/UserFiles/Image/Gary-field-1.jpg

2. Dancing with the Stars. Tom DeLay? Seriously? This crap went triple Lindy over the shark.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/10/06/image5366492x.jpg

TexanBacker93
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I really think we've seen the best of Matt Schaub. There's a "next step" to this process that isn't coming with him. He is capable of playing well and he will sometimes but he is not the answer at QB for this team or any other. He's another career backup who will tease you into thinking he might be starter quality but he's not.

Notice how many bad passes this guy has thrown in just the first 4.5 games of the season? He's gotten away with a lot of this but he could easily have 8-10 picks right now. Last year he was doing that kind of crap and the only difference between him now and then is dumb luck. Bad decisions still happen all the time with this guy. On top of that he's getting worse in the face of pressure, not better. The longer he holds on to the ball the worse the outcome. He's not Ben Roethlisberger who is hanging on but about to pull a rabbit out of his hat. He's just Matt Schaub who's trying to do that but can't do it. He's desperate to make a play but he couldn't find it to save his life unless he gets lucky and shakes the defender. Against a team with no pass rush he's effective. Anybody who can bring pressure can turn him into Sage Rosenfels on a bad day in three series. That's why everybody smacks the crap out of Matt. You might hurt him which is fine but really all you have to do is make him start doing stupid shit to win the game.

We'll finish less than 8-8 this year. Not a doubt in my mind. I hope the next HC ends the Schaub experiment. Its run its course.

And you know what? Instead of giving up 2 picks for Schaub they could have signed Warner as a veteran. Why is it that the only vets they bring in are guys that sucked in Denver? Why couldn't the Texans bring in a guy like Brian Dawkins? No. We're going to go with Nick Ferguson because he was a Bronco on some bad defenses.

Hookem Horns
10-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Why couldn't the Texans bring in a guy like Brian Dawkins? No. We're going to go with Nick Ferguson because he was a Bronco on some bad defenses.

Don't worry, chances are Brian Dawkins will end up here eventually now that he is in Denver. He just needs to run his course there first.

New_Texans
10-11-2009, 05:04 PM
This team is a joke.

The Raiders are a joke...the Texans....well...they need consistency.

kastofsna
10-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Texans are stuck in that Buffalo Billsian "perennial medicore" team thing right now. inconsistency is one of the most telling signs of bad coaching, ain't it?

nut
And you know what? Instead of giving up 2 picks for Schaub they could have signed Warner as a veteran. Why is it that the only vets they bring in are guys that sucked in Denver? Why couldn't the Texans bring in a guy like Brian Dawkins? No. We're going to go with Nick Ferguson because he was a Bronco on some bad defenses.

We didn't just pick up guys that sucked in Denver. We also picked up guys that sucked in Green Bay (thank you Sherman).

Ckw

Yeah or a guy like Darren Sharper who has been one of the biggest reasons for the change in the New Orleans defense.

This team sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't take this shit anymore! /rant

Texans Pride
10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
1. Gary Kubiak

2. Our defense

Hookem Horns
10-11-2009, 05:27 PM
1. Gary Kubiak staring down his Denny's menu.

http://imgsrv.sportsradio610.com/image/kilt2/UserFiles/Image/Gary-field-1.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9793/garydennys.jpg

Silver Oak
10-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm tired of seeing our fans quit on the team so fast.

Bubbajwp
10-11-2009, 05:36 PM
The two things im most tired of seeing.

1. Horrible first half, Great second half
2. Great first half, Horrible second half

Why cant we play more consistent.

powerfuldragon
10-11-2009, 06:18 PM
i don't think i've ever seen schaub really hit a receiver in stride... they always slow down or stop or dive or jump.

mussop
10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
MYERS GETTING PUSHED INTO THE BACKFEILD.:smiliedance:

eriadoc
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM

So fast? First off, recognition of what you're seeing is different from quitting. When fans quit, you'll stop seeing traffic here and on other fan sites. Second, 7 years and 5 games is not "so fast". We can call a spade a spade without being called quitters.

buddyboy
10-11-2009, 06:27 PM

This. This always always ALWAYS happens after a tough loss. Talking about how Kubiak sucks, how Matt Schaub sucks, how the O-line sucks, how the Defense sucks, and how the team is going nowhere. If you honestly don't think the team is going anywhere, please spend your time doing something else, because an exercise in futility is nothing you should waste your time on.

Loss to the Jets--Oh, woe is me
Win against the Titans--We are going to crush Jacksonville next week
Loss to the Jags--Ohhh, nooo, there's no way we can win Raiders fans, nono, OUR team is worse
Win against the Raiders--We're going 12-4 baby!

This cycle is what I'm really sick and tired of seeing. Yeah, we lost. Worse things have happened. Our defense stepped up in the second half and our offense came back from a pretty large deficit. Ohhh, our offense sucks, it was ranked 3rd in the NFL, but that's just because teams are constantly in the prevent defense. Please.

New_Texans
10-11-2009, 06:29 PM
This. This always always ALWAYS happens after a tough loss. Talking about how Kubiak sucks, how Matt Schaub sucks, how the O-line sucks, how the Defense sucks, and how the team is going nowhere. If you honestly don't think the team is going anywhere, please spend your time doing something else, because an exercise in futility is nothing you should waste your time on.

Loss to the Jets--Oh, woe is me
Win against the Titans--We are going to crush Jacksonville next week
Loss to the Jags--Ohhh, nooo, there's no way we can win Raiders fans, nono, OUR team is worse
Win against the Raiders--We're going 12-4 baby!

This cycle is what I'm really sick and tired of seeing. Yeah, we lost. Worse things have happened. Our defense stepped up in the second half and our offense came back from a pretty large deficit. Ohhh, our offense sucks, it was ranked 3rd in the NFL, but that's just because teams are constantly in the prevent defense. Please.

Its like this with every team.

eriadoc
10-11-2009, 06:47 PM
i don't think i've ever seen schaub really hit a receiver in stride... they always slow down or stop or dive or jump.

I said that two years ago and was roundly criticized for it. I've gently pointed it out a few times since. It's not the deal breaker, but it's one more variable in the equation that sums up Schaub.

Dishman
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
The Leach in motion thing is about the most pointless thing I've ever seen. Besides the rest of the offense. Back to laughing-stock-OL-problems. No holes, no time in the pocket.

I think it is a shining example of how the coaching staff has failed to adapt or further the ZBS, then again, there tons of examples of this sort of thing. We need a more imaginative and flexible coaching staff. They aren't squeezing the most out of their resources and the coaches put the players in a position to fail.

TexanBacker93
10-11-2009, 06:54 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not quitting on the team. I can dislike the coach and GM and still root for the team. I can believe that Matt Schaub can be John Elway one moment and Ryan Leaf the next and still root for the team. I'll be a fan as long as the team is here, but it doesn't mean I won't voice my displeasure. I'm passionate and want the team to win. I know it doesn't change my life any, but it's still more fun to win. Or at least know that you gave it your all. Capers had a lot of faults, but I think the team was more ready to play each week. They didn't have the talent or good schemes, so they were going to struggle to win, but they were ready. I don't see that here and that's why I get disappointed.

MEGA SWATT
10-11-2009, 07:30 PM

the team quit on it's fans first.

axman40
10-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I am tired of not scoring inside the 5 with the game on the line!
:fans:

mussop
10-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Ohhh, our offense sucks, it was ranked 3rd in the NFL, but that's just because teams are constantly in the prevent defense. Please.

Im sick of apologist using this worthless stat to justify their position on how good our offense is. 3rd in the NFL at moving the ball between the 20's doesnt mean shit if you cant do something with it in the redzone. Which by the way we were 17th which is a better indicator of what this offense capable of. Need an important 3rd and short, or a goaline plunge to score? To bad, they arent good enough for that. But hey they move the shit out of the ball when it doesnt matter so their great right? And really what does any stat from last year matter this year? PALEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the game is on the line and we need to score this offense is useless.

And dont even get me started on the Defense. If Arizonas WR's wouldnt have dropped so many balls in the second half they would of blown us out.

StevieWonder
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I think I'll just scream until I can figure out how to feel about the Texans.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/Genrl_Gweevus/YAAAARGH.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Kulluminatii
10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
The Raiders are a joke...the Texans....well...they need consistency.

This :clap:.

Scooter
10-11-2009, 09:33 PM
i'd love to know who's idea it was to draw up several plays that motioned leach INTO the backfield for the first half. unlike jacksonville who motioned a receiver which threatened a reverse and kept our defense honest, we motion the fullback into his position while the defense doesnt move an inch (not an inch, one play in particular in the 3rd quarter it appeared the safeties were looking at the offense like we were just dumb). either kubiak's losing his mind or lil shanny has WAAAYYYY too much control.

El Tejano
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
:spit:i'd love to know who's idea it was to draw up several plays that motioned leach INTO the backfield for the first half. unlike jacksonville who motioned a receiver which threatened a reverse and kept our defense honest, we motion the fullback into his position while the defense doesnt move an inch (not an inch, one play in particular in the 3rd quarter it appeared the safeties were looking at the offense like we were just dumb). either kubiak's losing his mind or lil shanny has WAAAYYYY too much control.
:spit: That was freaking hilarious.

I mean it would be cool if they would do that with Casey but that would throw off the defense.

rollinstone18
10-11-2009, 09:55 PM

this.

my brain bleeds every time i come here on game day. i think i may be a masochist, because i just can't quit texanstalk.

ReliantTexan
10-11-2009, 10:15 PM

We'll finish less than 8-8 this year. Not a doubt in my mind. I hope the next HC ends the Schaub experiment. Its run its course.Lol Matt's been one of the top QBs in the league this year and is the only reason this offense has been able to move or score the ball at all. Seriously we have one rushing TD in 5 games(zero in the redzone) and can't even convert a 3rd and a foot without throwing the ball, and people are harping on the QB play.

TexCanada
10-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm tired of seeing both our O and D line getting pushed around. Our D line seems to be improving, but we still need to add 2 or 3 quality guys (especially at C) to get competitive every week. The team that wins the battle at the line of scrimmage often wins the game.

utahmark
10-11-2009, 10:27 PM

stuff like this is just crazy. chris brown gets into the enzone and we win a coin flip then everybody is writing about how well schaub played.

swtbound07
10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
meh. The only great thing about swine flu is that it kept me quarantined in my house and i missed this abortion of a defense getting abused in the first half. Until we get serious about our secondary I refuse to be suprised by almost predetermined outcomes.

And I apologize for calling our secondary the worst in history. I got to watch tampa play today, and jesus h christ they are awful. something like 10 touchdowns of over 30 yards so far this season. I thought I was annoyed.

bckey
10-11-2009, 11:00 PM
stuff like this is just crazy. chris brown gets into the enzone and we win a coin flip then everybody is writing about how well schaub played.

But he didn't and he didn't

Scooter
10-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Leach lined up at WR, motioning into the FB position, then an unimaginative run stright up into the backs of our ineffective interior linemen for no gain.

our plan was a very clever decoy. by wearing our fullback out sprinting to his position for no reason we dared them to ...

hang on i'm working on it ...

it was really ...

ummm ...

ok that was just dumb.

silvrhand
10-12-2009, 06:46 AM
meh. The only great thing about swine flu is that it kept me quarantined in my house and i missed this abortion of a defense getting abused in the first half. Until we get serious about our secondary I refuse to be suprised by almost predetermined outcomes.

And I apologize for calling our secondary the worst in history. I got to watch tampa play today, and jesus h christ they are awful. something like 10 touchdowns of over 30 yards so far this season. I thought I was annoyed.

Our defense held the cardinals to 21 points total, which is a pretty good stand against a powerful offensive team at home. I'm not happy but the defense far exceeded what I expected of them this week.

swtbound07
10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Our defense held the cardinals to 21 points total, which is a pretty good stand against a powerful offensive team at home. I'm not happy but the defense far exceeded what I expected of them this week.

Raise your expectations.