PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dunta

El Tejano
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Want top 5 CB money? Here's your chance. Time to put the sharpie down and pick up the game baby!

Double Barrel
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
D.Rob is going to look silly out there against Fitz. Maybe Larry could put "Catch Me Dunta" on the back of his shoes? :joker:

Mr teX
10-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Dunta's gonna get his lunch ate......our secondary vs. their recieving corps period....that's not a fair fight at all.

silvrhand
10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
the good thing is that we are looking to save some money on Dunta next year as he won't be able to say he is a top 5 corner again.

:whip:

DerekLee1
10-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Dunta's gonna get his lunch ate......our secondary vs. their recieving corps period....that's not a fair fight at all.

Is our receiving corps vs. THEIR secondary any more fair?

badboy
10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
D.Rob is going to look silly out there against Fitz. Maybe Larry could put "Catch Me Dunta" on the back of his shoes? :joker:There needs to be a whole lot of bumping going on in the first 5 yards and both safeties helping out the corners. Our LBs should shut down whatever the run turns out to be. A CB and a safety on each WR should help and McCain's speed on a 3rd WR.

HOU-TEX
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Is our receiving corps vs. THEIR secondary any more fair?

Yes

McFadden, DRC, Wilson and Rolle >>>> Dunta, Reeves, Wilson and Pollard

SheTexan
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
All I can say is I sure wish I had FITZ on my FF team!!

I do have AJ and OD though! I have a feeling this is gonna be an OD football game! Never know when to play AJ, but, I just can't bench the dude.

jaayteetx
10-08-2009, 05:39 PM

I do have AJ and OD though! I have a feeling this is gonna be an OD football game! Never know when to play AJ, but, I just can't bench the dude.

If you wanna win, always.

Silver Oak
10-08-2009, 06:15 PM
All this negativetalk! I'll say they are the ones who better be worried about our offense.

This isn't the prediction thread, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and call it a win on the road for us. Book it.

V3rm0nt3r
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
All this negativetalk! I'll say they are the ones who better be worried about our offense.

This isn't the prediction thread, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and call it a win on the road for us. Book it.

there's the optimism i was looking for in this thread. i'm looking forward to seeing more of the pass rush. hopefully see Cush blitzing all day with Barwin Mario Smith and Amobi (he DID get a sack last week). and if it doesn't work heres to staying away from this message board. :beerfunnel:

Double Barrel
10-08-2009, 06:37 PM

I feel confident that they are concerned about our offense. As concerned as we are about our defense? Not sure.

I can't predict a win, but I'm going to say that it's going to be a shoot out that we can come out on top 41-38 if we win the turnover battle.

Buffi2
10-08-2009, 06:39 PM
there's the optimism i was looking for in this thread. i'm looking forward to seeing more of the pass rush. hopefully see Cush blitzing all day with Barwin Mario Smith and Amobi (he DID get a sack last week). and if it doesn't work heres to staying away from this message board. :beerfunnel:

If it doesn't, there will be more soap flying around this message board than on a Saturday night on the prairie.

davemundy
10-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Initially I'd agree with you, but the same could be said of their secondary versus our receiving corps. Sorry guys, but the WR bunch we put out there fit perfectly into what Kubiak & Co. is doing, and as we saw last year they're just as effective as Arizona's.
And despite their lack of notoriety, I've noticed over the years that our DBs tend to show up in the strangest situations -- some kid who couldn't outrun the little sisters of the poor can burn them, then they'll shut down someone else completely. Just depends whether or not they show up Sunday.
Dunta has a challenge before him Sunday, that's for sure.

Silver Oak
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
AZ-

21st in pts. scored
15th in total yds
4th in pass yds
31st in rush yds

Hou-

13th in pts scored
16th in total yds
9th in pass yds
30th in rush yds

looks pretty even to me, about the only edge I can gleam is that we score more when given a chance than they do...correct?

*I guess AJ will be lining up against Rodgers-Cromartie this week? good matchup.

beerlover
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
AZ-

21st in pts. scored
15th in total yds
4th in pass yds
31st in rush yds

Hou-

13th in pts scored
16th in total yds
9th in pass yds
30th in rush yds

looks pretty even to me, about the only edge I can gleam is that we score more when given a chance than they do...correct?

*I guess AJ will be lining up against Rodgers-Cromartie this week? good matchup.

dead last in rushing sets up a good day in sack department, excatly what the Dr. ordered which should cause some floaties Dunta Robinson way :gamer:

JCTexan
10-08-2009, 09:47 PM

I have him on my team. I'm starting him, but I want the Texans to shut him down. A Texan win comes way before a FF win. :texan:

Mr teX
10-09-2009, 08:57 AM
the good thing is that we are looking to save some money on Dunta next year as he won't be able to say he is a top 5 corner again.

:whip:

I predict great days for Boldin & Breaston only because coverage will be rolled towards Fitz leaving Reeves, bennett/McCain virtually 1 on 1. Fitzgerald will get his, but it wont be like his playoff run last year.

Blake
10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
We have Bennett getting smoked, Reeves coming back from a broken leg, rookies McCain and Quin, and yall are worried about Dunta Robinson?

I dont understand why this guy still gets so many negative things said about him by our fans. He is the best cornerback we have.

El Tejano
10-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Not a negative thread. He wants top 5 CB money and we want to beat The Cardinals. If there ever was a time he could show us all that he's top 5 CB material, now is the time to show that. This is probably the biggest stage he will have all year to show that save for Indianapolis.

Mr teX
10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Not a negative thread. He wants top 5 CB money and we want to beat The Cardinals. If there ever was a time he could show us all that he's top 5 CB material, now is the time to show that. This is probably the biggest stage he will have all year to show that save for Indianapolis.

He's not going to shut down Fitz anymore than any other cb would; especially with terrible safety help & a shaky pass rush. Plus the cardinal offense is designed to spread you out & that puts even more pressure on you as a defender.

The best cb's in the league would do well just to keep him from scoring more than once; yes even Nmandi.

What Arizona will probably do is move Fitz around (like we do AJ) & create MAJOR mismatches with a broken down Reeves, inexperienced Quin & McCain & a garbage Bennett which will be more than enough for warner to pick at.

Double Barrel
10-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I dont understand why this guy still gets so many negative things said about him by our fans. He is the best cornerback we have.

I used to like the guy. One of his biggest fans yada yada yada, and even tried to somewhat provide a defense of his position on this board during his pre-season holdout. It's business, as long as he's ready to play when it counts and he leaves it off the field.

Well, he clearly wasn't ready, and he did not leave it off the field. He's become one of those "me" players and not the team player that I perceived him to be. Once he started bringing his selfish attitude onto the field, where is it not conducive toward winning games, he lost me.

As far as him being the best CB on the team, it can't be argued, but it does say something about the lack of talent in our secondary.

dalemurphy
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I used to like the guy. One of his biggest fans yada yada yada, and even tried to somewhat provide a defense of his position on this board during his pre-season holdout. It's business, as long as he's ready to play when it counts and he leaves it off the field.

Well, he clearly wasn't ready, and he did not leave it off the field. He's become one of those "me" players and not the team player that I perceived him to be. Once he started bringing his selfish attitude onto the field, where is it not conducive toward winning games, he lost me.

As far as him being the best CB on the team, it can't be argued, but it does say something about the lack of talent in our secondary.

I hear you. It was a disappointing off-season but most of the info we received was second hand. He clearly made a mistake with the shoes but I'm over that. I appreciate the fact that the guy has been here for so many of the down times. I'm sure some of his frustrations come from the lack of winning. Regarding his play, it has looked much better the past 2 weeks. I think he's going to have a very good season. While he's nothing like a shutdown corner, he is a playmaker. With a healthy passrush and some disguised coverages, I think he'll get himself 5 or 6 picks the rest of the way. I think he's an excellent Zone CB. So I'm expecting a lot of good things from him.

False Start
10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I heard a quote from Dunta saying hes at 100%, and his preseason is over. If he was all about the team, he should have showed up to TC, and played in the preseason, so it would have been over week one. That just bugs me.

Blake
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I guess him making a stupid note on his shoes (probably more for fun and as a joke than anything) doesnt bother me as much as some. The dude comes to play. That is all I ask for. And I expect big plays from him soon.

Double Barrel
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I hear you. It was a disappointing off-season but most of the info we received was second hand. He clearly made a mistake with the shoes but I'm over that. I appreciate the fact that the guy has been here for so many of the down times. I'm sure some of his frustrations come from the lack of winning. Regarding his play, it has looked much better the past 2 weeks. I think he's going to have a very good season. While he's nothing like a shutdown corner, he is a playmaker. With a healthy passrush and some disguised coverages, I think he'll get himself 5 or 6 picks the rest of the way. I think he's an excellent Zone CB. So I'm expecting a lot of good things from him.

Good post. However, it remains to be seen - to me - if D.Rob rises to the occasion that he has elevated himself to.

If the Raiders receivers were any better, I can think of two plays that Robinson would have been burned for TDs. He was out of position and could not defend the pass. Fortunately for us, the WRs had butterfingers and could not capitalize on the soft coverage.

I like your optimism, though, and hope it is fulfilled accordingly. I cannot blame him for being tire of losing, because we fans feel the same way.

Obviously, the big differences are that he's in position to do something about it while we can only watch, and he gets paid a heckuva' lot of money to try while we pay a lot of money to watch him try. ;)

El Tejano
10-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm just saying. Come up with an INT or turnover this week. Yes even the best would give up a TD to Fitz. That was proven when Fitz scored against the Steeler D. However, a top 5 CB would be able to equally, if not moreso, make plays against elite WR too.

Marcus
10-09-2009, 01:47 PM
He's not going to shut down Fitz anymore than any other cb would; especially with terrible safety help & a shaky pass rush. Plus the cardinal offense is designed to spread you out & that puts even more pressure on you as a defender.

The best cb's in the league would do well just to keep him from scoring more than once; yes even Nmandi.

What Arizona will probably do is move Fitz around (like we do AJ) & create MAJOR mismatches with a broken down Reeves, inexperienced Quin & McCain & a garbage Bennett which will be more than enough for warner to pick at.

Dunta's a shut-down corner. Um . . check that, he's being paid shut-down corner money. If he's good as he thinks he is, he shouldn't have to depend on anyone else to help him out. He should be on an island and follow Fitz no matter where he lines up.

We won't have much longer to wait to find out if he's really worth all the trouble.

Mr teX
10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Dunta's a shut-down corner. Um . . check that, he's being paid shut-down corner money. If he's good as he thinks he is, he shouldn't have to depend on anyone else to help him out. He should be on an island and follow Fitz no matter where he lines up.

We won't have much longer to wait to find out if he's really worth all the trouble.

Which is why the term "shutdown" corner is a misnomer. There's no such thing as a shutdown corner b/c teams don't play exclusive man coverage & Cb's rely too much on other things to effectively do their jobs.

If there's no pass rush, or good safety play they can be made to look really bad; hell ask Woodson & harris from Green bay after favre torched them last week. furthermore someone name me the top 5 cb's in the game & i'll bet they've either already been burned for a TD this year or they have an outstanding pass rush to where they don't have to hold the WR's very long.

Trail.Blazr
10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
However, it remains to be seen - to me - if D.Rob rises to the occasion that he has elevated himself to.

He's had his whole career to prove himself worthy of what he's elevated himself to.

The only thing I've seen that would justify what he thinks HIS WORTH is, simply the fact that he's better than anything else back there in a Texans uni.

His performance 4 weeks into this season after his preseason holdout has completely justified a lot of the nay-sayers.

El Tejano calls it right.. he's basically begging Dunta to man up and back his preseason stance of his worth. I take it that El Tejano is a big DR fan, who hates to see his guy continue to play like a punk after all the preseason BS.

Good luck. DR's never been that good. Only better than bad.

El Tejano
10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
furthermore someone name me the top 5 cb's in the game & i'll bet they've either already been burned for a TD this year or they have an outstanding pass rush to where they don't have to hold the WR's very long.

While your at it, find out how many of them have INTs.

Mr teX
10-09-2009, 02:50 PM
While your at it, find out how many of them have INTs.

Nmandi - week 1 Vincent Jackson got him.

Newman - Manningham got him week 1; Marshall made him look silly on that 1 play last week.

Samuels - colston got him in the philly game

Gamble - roddy white got him

Revis - has good safety play and rex ryan's scheme puts pressure on the qb so he doesn't have to hold as long.

there's no cb in the league that won't be beat many times over this year so when Dunta does officially (has yet to this year) get beat for a TD, folks shouldn't point to that & say "see!".......unless it degrades into Bennett or P-buc status.

badboy
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
We have Bennett getting smoked, Reeves coming back from a broken leg, rookies McCain and Quin, and yall are worried about Dunta Robinson?

I dont understand why this guy still gets so many negative things said about him by our fans. He is the best cornerback we have.And a cold weiner on white bread is better than no chili dog and cheese at all.

badboy
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM

What Arizona will probably do is move Fitz around (like we do AJ) & create MAJOR mismatches with a broken down Reeves, inexperienced Quin & McCain & a garbage Bennett which will be more than enough for warner to pick at.Put a linebacker on Fitz to bump him and then let DR run with him.

El Tejano
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM

Newman - Manningham got him week 1; Marshall made him look silly on that 1 play last week.

Revis - has good safety play and rex ryan's scheme puts pressure on the qb so he doesn't have to hold as long.

there's no cb in the league that won't be beat many times over this year so when Dunta does officially (has yet to this year) get beat for a TD, folks shouldn't point to that & say "see!".......unless it degrades into Bennett or P-buc status.

Dallas fans will tell you that you can take Newman out of that category. Did you find out how many of them have INTs though?

I'm not hating on Dunta. As one poster put it, I want to see him do big things against big time opponents. And that's because he's asking for a contract that says he does big things against big time opponents. For all it's worth, if he does that, some other team is going to give him the contract he wants.

If he gives up a 10 yard TD, I don't care about that so long as I'm seeing a pass defensed, an INT and a few tackles. Sure he may not have given up alot of big plays but he's also given up quite a few receptions in front of him that have allowed teams to march down field. A few, not all of them.

silvrhand
10-09-2009, 03:51 PM

The point is that we are paying him top money he needs to act like he's getting top money, coming in with no football practice on a new scheme and being not to his potential is not acceptable when you are getting paid 10 million a year.

Double Barrel
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
And a cold weiner on white bread is better than no chili dog and cheese at all.

That depends: are you paying $10 million for a cold weiner on white bread that could be used to buy more chili cheese dogs from somewhere else?

Why am I getting hungry all of a sudden?

Mr teX
10-09-2009, 07:14 PM
The point is that we are paying him top money he needs to act like he's getting top money, coming in with no football practice on a new scheme and being not to his potential is not acceptable when you are getting paid 10 million a year.

You make it sound like he was getting paid the 10 million the whole time he sat out of preseason. We all know that's not true. When he signed the contract he came in & has played hard. Contrary to many on this board, his play hasn't been nearly as bad as some say. No cb in the history of the nfl has done it alone & considering how our safety & d-line play has been, we could have Deion Sanders & Lester Hayes back there & still be terrible in the secondary.

2, it's not like the scheme is so radically different that he's just looked like a fish out of water. The 2 miscues we have had in the secondary this season have been by people who were in camp the entire time.

Yeah, i get that some of you are season ticket holders & pay 500 bucks for a beer, but the reality is it's not your money once you give it away, it's mcnair's & if he doesn't have a problem paying Dunta then why in the hell are we fretting over it? I swear, some of you guys act like the money he's getting is coming directly out of your bank account every sunday.

Mr teX
10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Dallas fans will tell you that you can take Newman out of that category. Did you find out how many of them have INTs though?

I'm not hating on Dunta. As one poster put it, I want to see him do big things against big time opponents. And that's because he's asking for a contract that says he does big things against big time opponents. For all it's worth, if he does that, some other team is going to give him the contract he wants.

If he gives up a 10 yard TD, I don't care about that so long as I'm seeing a pass defensed, an INT and a few tackles. Sure he may not have given up alot of big plays but he's also given up quite a few receptions in front of him that have allowed teams to march down field. A few, not all of them.

All but 2 of those guys have ints, Gamble & Asomugha. Right now, the FS darren sharper is leading the league in ints and passes defensed. Know who's second? another FS (huff)..

Point is, having alot of or lack of them isn't a good indicator of how well a guy's playing corner b/c they are plays based on opportunity - at least in that position; & if no one is throwing your way or throwing there very little, you won't get as many opportunities to get them. They haven't had the need to throw at dunta much (other than to keep him honest) b/c Bennett, McCain & Quin & the safeties have all been so terrible. Why throw at the better of the cb's when we've got bums on the other side who are easy pickings? This logic doesn't make dunta anymore shutdown than it makes Asomugha, it just means teams are playing the percentages.

GNTLEWOLF
10-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Initially I'd agree with you, but the same could be said of their secondary versus our receiving corps. Sorry guys, but the WR bunch we put out there fit perfectly into what Kubiak & Co. is doing, and as we saw last year they're just as effective as Arizona's. And despite their lack of notoriety, I've noticed over the years that our DBs tend to show up in the strangest situations -- some kid who couldn't outrun the little sisters of the poor can burn them, then they'll shut down someone else completely. Just depends whether or not they show up Sunday.
Dunta has a challenge before him Sunday, that's for sure.

I must have missed the Superbowl our guys took us to:hmmm:

Air Canada
10-10-2009, 05:04 PM

I think you should take Newman out and put in Winfield up there.. who is better IMO and top corner...

I completely agree with the whole "shutdown" corner thing....

So called analysts or media want to say Revis "shutdown" Dre, but it's clear to anyone who actually watched the game that it was the pass rush that shut down Schaub and if your QB doesn't have time then any WR can be ineffective, but given time he blows of Revis just the same...not that Revis isn't a very good corner either...

Air Canada
10-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I must have missed the Superbowl our guys took us to:hmmm:

Yeah, they are in weaker division...don't forget that...especially last yr. I guarantee we make the playoffs in that division this yr. or last season. They got hot and made a run at it...:jogger:

gary
10-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Is Dunte being over paid as of now? Yes, but there isn't any such thing as a sure shutdown CB in the NFL. He is the best CB on the team for now and as a player he has our support. We've all seen hard play from him thus far this season though he has not shown that he is worth the cash he's getting paid there is still time for him to do so. Like tex has said once we the fans have chosen to hand Bob money like it or not the money is then his and he has chosen to pay Dunte with it. Joke or not out of a respect factor I did not agree with him writting on his shoes but the fact is there aren't any laws or rules against it and why should we care if Bob and the team did not care. I guess that's his freedom to do so if he chooses and he did and it's all over and behind us now it's time to move on. This game and every game from here on out would help to prove he is worth big money and a new contract either from the Texans or whoever he signs with next offseason baring Houston does not tag him once again. As of right now he has my full support in a Texans uni and not only do want to see hiim play well tomorrow but for the rest of this season help his team win and whatever happens next offseason happens. Oh well, where is the sprit here? Go Texans

GNTLEWOLF
10-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah, they are in weaker division...don't forget that...especially last yr. I guarantee we make the playoffs in that division this yr. or last season. They got hot and made a run at it...:jogger:

I could buy that if all they did was get to the play-offs then out the first round, but after that, how do you explain them beating all those teams from much better divisions and almost winning the SB?

El Tejano
10-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Is Dunte being over paid as of now? Yes, but there isn't any such thing as a sure shutdown CB in the NFL. He is the best CB on the team for now and as a player he has our support. We've all seen hard play from him thus far this season though he has not shown that he is worth the cash he's getting paid there is still time for him to do so. Like tex has said once we the fans have chosen to hand Bob money like it or not the money is then his and he has chosen to pay Dunte with it. Joke or not out of a respect factor I did not agree with him writting on his shoes but the fact is there aren't any laws or rules against it and why should we care if Bob and the team did not care. I guess that's his freedom to do so if he chooses and he did and it's all over and behind us now it's time to move on. This game and every game from here on out would help to prove he is worth big money and a new contract either from the Texans or whoever he signs with next offseason baring Houston does not tag him once again. As of right now he has my full support in a Texans uni and not only do want to see hiim play well tomorrow but for the rest of this season help his team win and whatever happens next offseason happens. Oh well, where is the sprit here? Go Texans

Great post Gary. Exactly how I feel about the whole thing. I'm just saying that if Dunta really wants to show that his complaint is legit, this is a big stage for him to show that.

infantrycak
10-10-2009, 10:26 PM
No offense to Dunta, but Reeves is a speed freak compared to Fitz. He needs to be a leap freak this weekend.

jppaul
10-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't know what you guys are worried about, we are 10th in pass defense, and in no way is that statistic deceiving. Yes the sarcasm is dripping from this statement.

:polevault:

silvrhand
10-10-2009, 11:41 PM
You make it sound like he was getting paid the 10 million the whole time he sat out of preseason. We all know that's not true. When he signed the contract he came in & has played hard. Contrary to many on this board, his play hasn't been nearly as bad as some say. No cb in the history of the nfl has done it alone & considering how our safety & d-line play has been, we could have Deion Sanders & Lester Hayes back there & still be terrible in the secondary.

Agree on the second part, but he should have accepted the "generous" offer that was on the table, come on 10 million a year for Dunta is stretching it, maybe he's 5/6M a year, but 10 million a year for 2 years?

2, it's not like the scheme is so radically different that he's just looked like a fish out of water. The 2 miscues we have had in the secondary this season have been by people who were in camp the entire time.

His tackling until the last game has been pathetic, he was not in football shape when he arrived and it took him 4 games to finally get some form on his tackling back, but again we did just play the raiders.

Yeah, i get that some of you are season ticket holders & pay 500 bucks for a beer, but the reality is it's not your money once you give it away, it's mcnair's & if he doesn't have a problem paying Dunta then why in the hell are we fretting over it? I swear, some of you guys act like the money he's getting is coming directly out of your bank account every sunday.

Cause there is such a thing as a "salary cap" which he's impacting and affecting the ability of us to pay players that are playing at the level they need to get paid at.

disaacks3
10-11-2009, 12:01 AM
The dude comes to play. That is all I ask for. And I expect big plays from him soon. He's OVERdue for those - nobody MADE him sit out TC but himself. If he wasn't up to speed & his tackling suffered, that's all on HIM, nobody else. He brings it, sure, but if he brings it undisciplined, he's not nearly as good as we NEED him to be.

Yeah, i get that some of you are season ticket holders & pay 500 bucks for a beer, but the reality is it's not your money once you give it away, it's mcnair's & if he doesn't have a problem paying Dunta then why in the hell are we fretting over it? I swear, some of you guys act like the money he's getting is coming directly out of your bank account every sunday. Actually, his play up to and including the Raiders has been poor. If you can't see that, watch the tape again of the games and tell me that he was in the corrrect position to make the play even 80% of the time. Just because the WR dropped the ball, or the opposing QB throws a bad pass does NOT equal him playing well. He STILL isn't back to pre-injury level - closer yes, but it's glaringly obvious that he's still stiff and he's not getting good hip rotation.

As for what I spend on MY tickets, concessions, etc., yeah I DO feel like I have a right to b**** about the quality of the product during AND after. I'll gripe to a manager in a restaurant if my food is cold, why shouldn't I be upset if my 10 mil CB (steak) plays like a 2 mil CB (burger)?

gary
10-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Great post Gary. Exactly how I feel about the whole thing. I'm just saying that if Dunta really wants to show that his complaint is legit, this is a big stage for him to show that.This is the game for him to start proving to the Texans and the league that next offseason he'd be worth one more big contract and also make up for his camp hold out. Also, show the FO their money did not get thrown down the drain not that it did but I'm just saying that against a team that is a year removed from the Superbowl is really a great chance for him to shine granted the Cards aren't off to a great start thus far but still Dunte will be matched up against a HOF WR to be. I'll be cheering for him and the team and I hope all of us will be. Go Dunte and Go Texans

El Tejano
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
So what does everyone think? Gotta go over the game again but I saw Dunta break up one pass and then get beat a couple of more times, especially on the Larry Fitz TD. He got manhandled and then slowed down to complain to the refs. In his defense, it looked like a push off. IMO, still nothing worth top 5 CB money. He does have the rest of the season to show for it.

Jacques Reeves, and I never thought I'd say this, had a decent game. Two crucial passes defensed. This coming off his 1st start of the season.

Ckw
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
So what does everyone think? Gotta go over the game again but I saw Dunta break up one pass and then get beat a couple of more times, especially on the Larry Fitz TD. He got manhandled and then slowed down to complain to the refs. In his defense, it looked like a push off. IMO, still nothing worth top 5 CB money. He does have the rest of the season to show for it.

Jacques Reeves, and I never thought I'd say this, had a decent game. Two crucial passes defensed. This coming off his 1st start of the season.

Reeves is without a doubt the best CB on the team and right now, Glover Quinn and Dunta are neck and neck. I might even give the edge to Glover.

AnthonyE
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM

I remember saying in the middle of the game, "Dunta is not going to get paid this offseason." I'd say right now he and Bennett are playing on the same level. I've never seen a franchise CB getting top 5 money get burned so many times than I've seen in the first 5 games of this season.

El Tejano
10-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Glover is definetly making a presence in the run game too.

TexansBlood
10-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I saw Dunta get beat a few times and would be on the floor while Larry would be wide open.

gary
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM

Jacques Reeves, and I never thought I'd say this, had a decent game. Two crucial passes defensed. This coming off his 1st start of the season.After seeing Reevs play well I give him the nod over Dunte right now. Fans should just start facing the fact that Dunte just might not be worth the money he is being paid.

disaacks3
10-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Jacques Reeves, and I never thought I'd say this, had a decent game. Two crucial passes defensed. This coming off his 1st start of the season. I thought he had his best game by FAR since his injury. He was definitely pushed off on by Fitz at the goal line (9 yds. downfield) on the TD, and his break up of the sideline pass was a thing of beauty. I still don't think he's FAST enogh for top-5 $$, but he earned his check yesterday against an elite WR.

Ckw
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
After seeing Reevs play well I give him the nod over Dunte right now. Fans should just start facing the fact that Dunte just might not be worth the money he is being paid.

Sadly, he isn't worth half of what he is being paid. He is way below average in coverage and doesn't appear to be near the tackler he was before the injury.

gary
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Must spread rep yada yada.

badboy
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
My thought is where would Dunta be if he had gone to camp on time? He accomplished nothing but hurt the team.

El Tejano
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Just wanted to show people how I'm not hating on Dunta. Although the two passes he defended were both pass interference and he only got called on one, he had a decent game and he gets credit for publicly stating the pass that set up Benson's TD was on him.

Dunta, I'm your biggest supporter but you gotta do this week in and week out if you want that top 5 CB money. You got cacatree coming up next, then TO, then Reggie Wayne. Let's get it together.

P.S. That hit you put on that receiver reminided me of old times.

Big Lou
10-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Dunta seems to have taken Jacoby Jones' place with bone headed moves. It seems like he's good for at least one huge Pass Interference Call a game these days.

I was nervous when Kubiack had the 49ers rekick in to the sun that one time, I should have been worried about #23!!!!

imatexan
10-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Dunta seems to have taken Jacoby Jones' place with bone headed moves. It seems like he's good for at least one huge Pass Interference Call a game these days.

I was nervous when Kubiack had the 49ers rekick in to the sun that one time, I should have been worried about #23!!!!

That pass interference call was TERRIBLE and should not have been called.
They both were all over each other and he has the ability to catch it once the ball was near.