PDA

View Full Version : Texans defense in hard numbers and pretty pictures

Texans_Chick
10-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Very small sample size with the numbers and completely skewed by the Raiders but here's my more recent blog post:

Texans defense in hard numbers and pretty pictures (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/10/texans_defense_numbers_pictures.html)

Also contains some very cool pictures that Andy took and some very very funny and bizarre links about the Raiders.

Andy rules. :texflag:

Dread-Head
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
question...were you set up right next to the Blue Crew after the Raider's game?

Texans_Chick
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
question...were you set up right next to the Blue Crew after the Raider's game?

Nope. I usually wander around the Platinum/Blue tailgates on game day visiting with friends. I visited Blue Crew that game, and was visiting with people near by.

Dread-Head
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Darn...I was hoping to see you. Vinny even told me to say "Hi".

Texans_Chick
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Next time. For sure. :fans:

TimeKiller
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Always a fine read, thanks TC!

You should just start sucking at what you do so that the Chronicle will pick you up!

m5kwatts
10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Good job Texans Chick!

And BTW, a whole lotta people on here got on me yesterday for saying Amobi Okoye is playing well right now. Now read this quote:

"Amobi Okoye is manhandling Cooper Carlisle; you would think Carlisle would be able to use his veteran-ness to outthink Okoye, but Okoye's using his hand strikes to throw Carlisle off-balance at the LOS, or using brute strength to push him backwards. He made the safety happen, they tried to run a sweep past him and he shoved Carlisle three yards into the LOS, preventing the back from getting to the edge."

mussop
10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Good job Texans Chick!

And BTW, a whole lotta people on here got on me yesterday for saying Amobi Okoye is playing well right now. Now read this quote:

I know you didnt wright that but I would say A Smith deserves as much or more of the credit for that safety than Okoye.

michaelm
10-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Darn...I was hoping to see you. Vinny even told me to say "Hi".

Dread, stop by Platinum S4 for a cool beverage. We're there every game.

dalemurphy
10-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Very small sample size with the numbers and completely skewed by the Raiders but here's my more recent blog post:

Texans defense in hard numbers and pretty pictures (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/10/texans_defense_numbers_pictures.html)

Also contains some very cool pictures that Andy took and some very very funny and bizarre links about the Raiders.

Andy rules. :texflag:

Texans' defense will be among the 10 best in the NFL by the end of the season. I don't mean that they will rank in the top 10 according to YPG. But, as far as effectiveness, you won't be able to name 10 defenses that are better.

By the way, we are winning 11 games this season. that's what life is like in my world. And next year, when we've adequately addressed DT and safety, this team is going to be GREAT!