PDA

View Full Version : Cushing has the flu

BorrowMe
10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Homepage of the Houston Texans.

Sigh...

Carr Bombed
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Cushing doesn't have the flu..........the flu has Cushing. :)

He'll be fine.

alphajoker
10-07-2009, 02:58 PM
He has some time to get over it...

Allstar
10-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Cushing doesn't have the flu..........the flu has Cushing. :)

He'll be fine.

:clap:

hot pickle
10-07-2009, 03:24 PM
good job anthony hill ur getting everyone sick.. lol.. i was sick for the past 2 days but i sweat it out yesterday so im sure cush will be fine

Jackie Chiles
10-07-2009, 03:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4539752

"Coach Gary Kubiak said Cushing began feeling ill Tuesday night. He called a trainer and was seen by a doctor, who got him on some medication. Kubiak said Cushing was feeling better Wednesday and was kept home as a precaution to the team."

Doesn't sound too bad.

GuerillaBlack
10-07-2009, 04:07 PM
He'll be fine.

StevieWonder
10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I think it was the fish.

Drew_Smoke
10-07-2009, 04:24 PM
That flu is making me nervous. I took the Cards +5.5 and parlayed it with over (was 48 yesterday) 50 points.

We'll see...

Yankee_In_TX
10-07-2009, 04:28 PM

"Coach Gary Kubiak said Cushing began feeling ill Tuesday night. He called a trainer and was seen by a doctor, who got him on some medication. Kubiak said Cushing was feeling better Wednesday and was kept home as a precaution to the team."

Doesn't sound too bad.

I have the flu, but I am at work (making everyone else sick!)

4Texans
10-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Quick! Someone make him some Chicken soup! :chicken:

:chef:

Get Well Crush!

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I have the flu, but I am at work (making everyone else sick!)

You are a dastardly evil person, you. :runaway:

BrandonLwowski
10-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Tell cushing and hill to fly to arizona and run around the locker room coughing and sneezing on everything possible...including mouth pieces lol...he will be fine...its just a max 3 day thing probally less cause they will have him hydrated and on meds

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2009, 04:45 PM

Doesn't sound too bad.

First the knee, now the flu..........It's obvious.........He's just soft.:scare:

Malloy
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
First the knee, now the flu..........It's obvious.........He's just soft.:scare:

Injury prone... what a bust!

SheTexan
10-07-2009, 04:55 PM
It's called GET A FREAKING FLU SHOT!!!!!!!!! Should be mandatory for multi-million buck players!!! JMO!!

BrandonLwowski
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Injury prone... what a bust!

i really hope these are sarcastic...Cushing is not a bust or soft....he was one of the best players on our defense

indiantexan
10-07-2009, 05:02 PM
i really hope these are sarcastic...

I really hope you are being sarcastic

gtexan02
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
It's called GET A FREAKING FLU SHOT!!!!!!!!! Should be mandatory for multi-million buck players!!! JMO!!

The swine flu vaccine is just now starting to become available. Cushing couldn't have prevented this with a shot

BrandonLwowski
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I really hope you are being sarcastic

please tell me why cushing is injury prone and a bust...i would love to here your reasoning

Shaft75
10-07-2009, 05:08 PM
LOL, Anthony Hill fumbled the flu to Cushing.

dalemurphy
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
For centuries, people have written correspondence, novels, short stories, opinions, etc... and the audience has been able to discern sarcasm... It is a literary device. Why is it that everyone needs a freakin' goofy character with a sign in order to be alerted to it? Meanwhile, I'm expected to know what all these strange abbreviations at the end of things are like: roflolamo... or whatever?

indiantexan
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
for centuries, people have written correspondence, novels, short stories, opinions, etc... And the audience has been able to discern sarcasm... It is a literary device. Why is it that everyone needs a freakin' goofy character with a sign in order to be alerted to it? Meanwhile, i'm expected to know what all these strange abbreviations at the end of things are like: Roflolamo... Or whatever?

qft

Malloy
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I lost any understanding of the english language at 'spotted dick'

Carr Bombed
10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
please tell me why cushing is injury prone and a bust...i would love to here your reasoning

http://3putt.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/pat_sajak.jpg

I'd like to buy a clue Pat....

:)

BrandonLwowski
10-07-2009, 05:21 PM
How is a rookie having the 15th most tackles in the nfl a bust

Carr Bombed
10-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Oh geez

4Texans
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
You know you've arrived and are somebody when your name is in the headlines of the paper just because you've got the Flu.

Texans LB Cushing sidelined by flu-like symptoms

Texans outside linebacker Brian Cushing missed practice on Wednesday because of flu-like symptoms.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6656678.html

JCTexan
10-07-2009, 05:45 PM

:lol:

BrandonLwowski
10-07-2009, 05:46 PM
:bat::lol:

StevieWonder
10-07-2009, 06:06 PM
What was it Cushing had for dinner last night? I think the choice was steak or fish.

SheTexan
10-07-2009, 06:13 PM
The swine flu vaccine is just now starting to become available. Cushing couldn't have prevented this with a shot

No one said he had "swine" flu, just that he had the flu. Regardless, I'm sure the fans and the media will have him starting a pandemic before it's all over with. I'm not going into the symptoms of "swine" flu, but, I can assure you, you don't just "feel bad" one night, and feel better the next. Not gonna argue the point, it's just that everytime someone gets the sniffles they want to call it the "flu." Whatever, I hope he gets to feeling better, and IF those guys haven't already gotten a flu shot, they need to get one. I'll be giving SWINE flu shots at my hosp as soon as they come out, which I think is next week. I'll be more than happy to shoot everyone one of them in the ass!!!:winky:

b0ng
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM
i really hope these are sarcastic...cushing is not a bust or soft....he was one of the best players on our defense

whooooooooosh

e:How is a rookie having the 15th most tackles in the nfl a bust

double WHOOOOOSH

Fox
10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
No one said he had "swine" flu, just that he had the flu. Regardless, I'm sure the fans and the media will have him starting a pandemic before it's all over with. I'm not going into the symptoms of "swine" flu, but, I can assure you, you don't just "feel bad" one night, and feel better the next. Not gonna argue the point, it's just that everytime someone gets the sniffles they want to call it the "flu." Whatever, I hope he gets to feeling better, and IF those guys haven't already gotten a flu shot, they need to get one. I'll be giving SWINE flu shots at my hosp as soon as they come out, which I think is next week. I'll be more than happy to shoot everyone one of them in the ass!!!:winky:

Eh, most of the flu going around right now is swine flu, not a lot of seasonal flu yet. Besides, if you've been in the same locker room as a confirmed case of swine flu and now you're coming down with sore throat, cough, and fever there's obviously a pretty good chance of what it is. Anyways, at this point the whole team should be on tamiflu prophylaxis as far as I'm concerned.

As far as how quickly you get better, I was definitely on my ass with it for a good three days two weeks ago, but I've seen several people bounce back much faster.

TimeKiller
10-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Kanye...er...excuse me Brandon....dude. Just get it. Please get it. C'mon man just get it please man. It's fishdicks man come on...

Big Lou
10-07-2009, 06:54 PM
New thread to be started: CUSHINGS IS A BUST!!!!!!

barrett
10-07-2009, 07:22 PM
For centuries, people have written correspondence, novels, short stories, opinions, etc... and the audience has been able to discern sarcasm... It is a literary device. Why is it that everyone needs a freakin' goofy character with a sign in order to be alerted to it? Meanwhile, I'm expected to know what all these strange abbreviations at the end of things are like: roflolamo... or whatever?

you're super funny. seriously. we should hang out. give me back my binoculars before the next home game or i'll break your knee's. (what's left of them that is.)

ubecool454
10-07-2009, 09:24 PM
That flu is making me nervous. I took the Cards +5.5 and parlayed it with over (was 48 yesterday) 50 points.

We'll see...

Vitamin C with rosehips everyday really keeps the immune system up and fighting. Don't wait until you get sick to try it. You took the Cards plus 5.5...dang I thought it would be Cards -3 since they are at home. I like the over but I'm staying away from the spread either way.

Grams
10-07-2009, 09:29 PM

Here's your sign.

silvrhand
10-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I'll be more than happy to shoot everyone one of them in the ass!!!:winky:

Wait wait.. did everyone else just miss that she's offering free shots in the ass to everyone and the guys aren't lining up at the door here?

:spit: :hides:

This might be sig worth post right there hehe.

b0ng
10-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Wait wait.. did everyone else just miss that she's offering free shots in the ass to everyone and the guys aren't lining up at the door here?

:spit: :hides:

This might be sig worth post right there hehe.

So you like taking free shots in the ass I assume?

Vinnie
10-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Do hyperbaric chambers speed the recovery of swine flu? Maybe Cush should look into one of those?

Norg
10-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Man this shit is spreading in houston .... awwww the world is coming to a end :gun:

StevieWonder
10-07-2009, 11:29 PM
By the way, does anyone here know how to fly a plane?

Malloy
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I love how we managed to trainwreck this thread :)

gtexan02
10-08-2009, 08:30 AM

Its really not cold enough, especially in Houston, to have a lot of cases of the flu going around. And the severity of the swine flu is highly variable. Some people barely notice that their body is fighting off the virus. From the Texans doctor:
If we tested everybody in the room in here there may be two or three people that would test positive for swine flu; they may not even be sick.

Anyway, like someone else said, most of the flu going around right now is swine flu. And even if he had a vaccine to whatever strain of flu they are giving out right now, its not out of the realm of possibilities that he still wouldn't have gotten sick. Basically, I dont think its fair to blame the guy for something beyond his control. Hell, he may have gotten a flu shot as far as we know

DBCooper
10-08-2009, 09:11 AM
So, if I'm following correctly:

Cushing got the flu shot and now is a bust?

Yankee_In_TX
10-08-2009, 10:12 AM

Because he's soft. If he wasn't, he'd have 30. Besides, I learned from NFL Films yesterday that tackle stats are inflated.

Brisco_County
10-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm looking for a clue. Can someone show me where to find one of those? :wheel:

swtbound07
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I have swine flu. All BS aside. Doctor tested and everything. This is day 4. If one of you was local I'd have you come shoot me. SheTexan is right. You certainly don't feel better the next day

gtexan02
10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I have swine flu. All BS aside. Doctor tested and everything. This is day 4. If one of you was local I'd have you come shoot me. SheTexan is right. You certainly don't feel better the next day

You're not receiving the Texans medical care though. The earlier you get tamiflu, the better. Plus they probably have him super hydrated and totally loaded up on medicine

HoustonFrog
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't have the swine flu but I'm getting Cush-lash, cush-lash

El Tejano
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Because he's soft. If he wasn't, he'd have 30. Besides, I learned from NFL Films yesterday that tackle stats are inflated.

Well he only has the 15th most inflated tackles and that's 17 more inflated tackles than the the other inflated tackle stats.

texanfan2002114
10-09-2009, 12:13 PM
It was said last night on channel 13 that Cushing did NOT have the flu. He just had a cold and is now fine.