PDA

View Full Version : If you were Coach: Week 5

TimeKiller
10-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Who do you start as your safety combo?

Additionally, who is your CB#2 going into Airzone?

For triple extra points who do you start as your DT combo?

Oh yeah, for Thorn and TB option 11 is: :drunk: Drinking heavily. :drunk:

:beer: for everyone!

TimeKiller
10-07-2009, 08:23 AM
I went Wilson/Pollard although with the air based attack they face and me not really knowing his skills in a non-tackling situation I was tempted to go Wilson/Busing because I think Busing's coverage is a plus. Even if Pollard gets a majority of the snaps Busing should see the field in obvious cover situations at some point. He was hell on wheels for special teams last week. He may not be starter material but dude contributes anyway.

CB#2 is Quin until proven otherwise. Really interested to see if GQ can drape himself over a reciever of a higher caliber than what Joakland provides.

And Robinson/Okoye. I'll take production out of DT anyway I can get it. If Okoye starts getting blown up I relegate him to passing downs but I'm encouraged by the progress of late. Robinson should be back and healthy and playing lots of snaps. We'll need him knifing through the lines to send runners toward Mario/Cushing on either side. Excited to see him really get some opportunities to play.

Thorn
10-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh yeah, for Thorn and TB option 11 is: :drunk: Drinking heavily. :drunk:

:beer: for everyone!

Drinking heavily is an option for just about any decision. :)

pbat488
10-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Wilson/Pollard, mainly because I think they will be our best tandem out there, even with no evidence to support that at all.

Glover Quin, he has shown that he is a solid tackler, and while I would like JR out there, with no gametime in 6 weeks(?) I don't want him starting out against a top 3 passing offense.

I went with Okoye/Cody in this game. I liked how they played against the Raiders (yes, I know it was the Raiders), but I want to see if they can have a solid game against an actual NFL team and not those zombies. Plus, those two seem most adept at getting hands up, at least what I've noticed, though I have to say I rarely focus on watching them. If Cards run a lot of slants and zone reads getting the hands up will affect a lot of throws.

Silver Oak
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
really? I'm the only one who likes the Robinson/Cody combo best?

SheTexan
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Don't care, as long as Bennett is on the bench!! Pollard was very impressive, and I liked his attitude when I heard him talk on TV.

nero THE zero
10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I think the real question is who you start as your #3 corner as we'll probably be in nickel most of the game. I think you start Reeves as your #2 so long as he's healthy, that's really a no-brainer. But, who do you start at nickel? Quin or McCain?

HOU-TEX
10-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I'd go fishin........again

gtexan02
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I just hope Pollard isn't a liability in pass coverage. I guess we'll see

m5kwatts
10-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Who the "starters" are at DT is a moot point, there's 8 d lineman who rotate in and out all game who cares whose in on the first snap of the game.

TimeKiller
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
They rotate but I'm sure that "starters" get more snaps. "Who are your 1st string guys?"