PDA

View Full Version : Where is our offense

BrandonLwowski
10-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Is it just me or did the play calling the second half suck. it seemed as if our offensive cord. was scared to throw the ball. the second half we had so many three and outs. If our offense plays like that again i dont see us winning to many more games. we need to score our 30 points a game not 20 points( a saftey and a punt for a touchdown gave us an extra 9). This game was alot closer than it seemed. We did what we usually do in the second half, stop throwing to Andre and try to run 20 times. In my opinon Schaub should be throwing at least 30 times a game with our run game still a lil iffy. Our defensive looked amazing but not to burst the bubble it was the raiders...i hope they come out with the same fight next week but i think it is gonna be a shootout between Schaub and Warner

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 09:08 PM
We were up by 23 points a few minutes into the 3rd. We only had 5 pass attempts because we were killing the clock. I dont like prevent offenses, but when you're playing the raiders, it seemed to work fine

TheDrifter
10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah, we very obviously packed it in after the Jacoby return.

Im very fine with letting Moats take all the hits instead of our QB/WRs while we run down the clock on a sorry team like the Raiders.

Air Canada
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah, we very obviously packed it in after the Jacoby return.

Im very fine with letting Moats take all the hits instead of our QB/WRs while we run down the clock on a sorry team like the Raiders.

Yeah, we took a "bye week" on offense in the 2nd half to rest up for the Cards..lol...Cuz trust, we will be chunking the rock all over the field next week! :smiliedance:

BrandonLwowski
10-04-2009, 09:17 PM
But its not just this game, it was against the jags and titians also...we score big and play great on offense and then second half its like everything stops clicking which caused us to lose against the jags

Pantherstang84
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
But its not just this game, it was against the jags and titians also...we score big and play great on offense and then second half its like everything stops clicking which caused us to lose against the jags

Pssst. What caused us to lose to the Jags was that our defense could not get off of the field on 3rd downs.

Air Canada
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Our offense played well and very good in those games, they were great and are the main reason we beat the Titans and they aren't the reason why we lost to the Jags...The D was, but our offense put us in a position still to win that game it was just BS and a turnover at the goal line that ended it!...:aggressive:

BigBull17
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
With a 23 point lead and your D actually dominating, why throw a pass?

BrandonLwowski
10-04-2009, 09:28 PM
what about the fact that we only scored 3 points in the second half against the jags...what does that have to do with our defense

jaayteetx
10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
what about the fact that we only scored 3 points in the second half against the jags...what does that have to do with our defense

nothing, but you brought up todays game in reference to your post. no need to throw the ball and run up the score when your up like we were. last week was last week, today was totally different.

SteveSlaton20
10-04-2009, 09:33 PM
we were playing against great DB's and DE's...

if yall expected the texans to run and pass all over them, then yall expected too much.

worldlyman
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM

While I think the Texans have a potent offense already, it's not quite the Peytonapolis Colts (yet).

Against the Titans, the offense did just enough in the clutch. It was an open shootout yet a tight game. Sometimes you have to give credit to the other side.

Against the Jags, it was the Texans' defense that ultimately lost the game. NFL football games are not won, or shouldn't be, by always expecting your offense to go 95% scoring on all its drives, whatever half. Those drives allowed by the D were inexcusable.

The Texans offense did move well on their last drive against Jax and was about to score until...(remember that the Colts had a bit of a tough time scoring against that same Jags D in Week 1, Indy's D actually won the game on 4th down stands).

The Raiders have a good defense and like the previous posters stated, once Jacoby took that rock home, Houston was in let-Moats-take-the-hits-mode. It was simply saving wear and tear on the skill players for next week considering we all knew the Raiders were not coming back with their inept offense.

I think our is mostly offense is fine but does have room for improvement in the second half; I don't think we need to ask "where" it is as if there's something fundamentally malfunctioning about it.

m5kwatts
10-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Sometimes I get the feeling we over-think our play-calling. We need to simplify things this week and throw fades to Andre in the red zone. Is that so hard to do? 3 fades to Andre every red zone trip.

Htownsportsfan
10-04-2009, 09:45 PM
In the post game Kubiak was quite clear that he is not happy with the running game and was going to keep running the ball to figure out where the issue is. I believe he even said he now had 40 something plays to look at and find out whats wrong. Its not near a fun to watch but if running the ball in the second half helps work things out for rest of the season I can handle the boredom.

Norg
10-04-2009, 09:48 PM
just trying to get a running game going obvs kubes didnt feel threathen by the raiders in the 2nd half just working out the kinks for the ARZ game

and if kubes had his way a good running game aganist the Cards work the clock keep warner off the field could help us alot

Hooston Texan
10-04-2009, 10:00 PM
A couple of thoughts on this: first, the only way a team with JaMarcus Russell at QB was going to overcome that deficit was with a flurry of turnovers. No need to take chances. Plus, the Raider defense is pretty good. They are incredibly strong on the corners which largely negated the 15-25 yard passes that are our bread and butter.

As for the Jacksonville game, we only had the ball four times in the second half. Two of those possessions were ended by sacks (and a costly penalty thrown in). One was a FG on a long drive and the other was the fumble on the goalline.

Air Canada
10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
A couple of thoughts on this: first, the only way a team with JaMarcus Russell at QB was going to overcome that deficit was with a flurry of turnovers. No need to take chances. Plus, the Raider defense is pretty good. They are incredibly strong on the corners which largely negated the 15-25 yard passes that are our bread and butter.

As for the Jacksonville game, we only had the ball four times in the second half. Two of those possessions were ended by sacks (and a costly penalty thrown in). One was a FG on a long drive and the other was the fumble on the goalline.

Here's a :goodpost:

Did that answer ur question?

BrandonLwowski
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
In the post game Kubiak was quite clear that he is not happy with the running game and was going to keep running the ball to figure out where the issue is. I believe he even said he now had 40 something plays to look at and find out whats wrong. Its not near a fun to watch but if running the ball in the second half helps work things out for rest of the season I can handle the boredom.

good post bro...i agree with that...i guess if running the ball the entire 4th quarter will help us for the rest of the season i have to say im all for it:perfect10:

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 11:02 PM
lol, thats pretty embarassing for the raiders. We used them as practice

Goldensilence
10-04-2009, 11:25 PM
nothing, but you brought up todays game in reference to your post. no need to throw the ball and run up the score when your up like we were. last week was last week, today was totally different.

Great so we got some reps at running back. I'd rather see this team take the opportunity for once to step on an opponent's throat when they have the chance.

I'll take a quote that KT or Herv used(I think). We need to start destroying opponents love for the game.

Air Canada
10-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Great so we got some reps at running back. I'd rather see this team take the opportunity for once to step on an opponent's throat when they have the chance.

I'll take a quote that KT or Herv used(I think). We need to start destroying opponents love for the game.

Yeah, but did u see their faces?? Hopeless...:rake:

mussop
10-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Is it just me or did the play calling the second half suck. it seemed as if our offensive cord. was scared to throw the ball. the second half we had so many three and outs.

You obviously werent around these parts January 3, 1993.

CTWade
10-04-2009, 11:35 PM

That's great until somebody important, like I don't know, Andre, get's hurt going for the 'kill'. Like happened at Carolina. And I remember plenty of people complaining about that. One of the things nice about being fans. We can have it both ways and nobody will try to hold us accountable. Coaches, well they don't have it so easy.

JCTexan
10-04-2009, 11:43 PM
good post bro...i agree with that...i guess if running the ball the entire 4th quarter will help us for the rest of the season i have to say im all for it:perfect10:

Umm... I'm perfectly content running the ball up 23 in the fourth. Even if it's not for practice. Until the Raiders score you don't have anything to worry about. If you go three and out you still take 2 minutes off the clock. It's winning football when you have a good lead.