PDA

View Full Version : The Titans are still 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

spurstexanstros
10-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Hey do yall remember last year when the Texans started 0-4, the Titan fans would come in here and remind us we were 0-4? Well....where are those guys now? hmmmmm I saw Bullock made a post last week, but outside of him where are all those Titan fans that are loyal to their 50 years of tradition...must be blanking this year out along with those years in Houston.

I am calling you out...you guys are cowards...beat us when we are down but when your team is down you make like a tooth in a Tennesean mouth..you disappear. From this point on yall have no credibility on here. (Bullock being the exception)

and you guys wonder why we think yall are frontrunners.....well...here is your sign.

swtbound07
10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
they have 2 games against the colts and pats staring them in the face. It looks like 0-6 is a real possibility. Leave them be. It must be hard going from playoffs to detroit lions in one offseason.

NitroGSXR
10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey do yall remember last year when the Texans started 0-4, the Titan fans would come in here and remind us we were 0-4? Well....where are those guys now? hmmmmm I saw Bullock made a post last week, but outside of him where are all those Titan fans that are loyal to their 50 years of tradition...must be blanking this year out along with those years in Houston.

I am calling you out...you guys are cowards...beat us when we are down but when your team is down you make like a tooth in a Tennesean mouth..you disappear. From this point on yall have no credibility on here. (Bullock being the exception)

and you guys wonder why we think yall are frontrunners.....well...here is your sign.
Just go over there and talk smack then.

No need to call them out here. Call them out over there.

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
When we were 0-4 did you feel like going to other peopls boards and listening to them bristle after their latest victory?

gwallaia
10-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I hope Bud is managing ok through all of this. :cow:

Mr teX
10-04-2009, 08:41 PM
they have 2 games against the colts and pats staring them in the face. It looks like 0-6 is a real possibility. Leave them be. It must be hard going from playoffs to detroit lions in one offseason.

possibility? I'd say it's a certainty with the way they've looked. Oh yeah, they'll also be playing the 2 best qb's of this generation too.:eek:..................lol::popcorn:

imatexan
10-04-2009, 08:52 PM
When we were 0-4 did you feel like going to other peopls boards and listening to them bristle after their latest victory?

I hate the titans but this is a good point.

brakos82
10-04-2009, 09:06 PM
possibility? I'd say it's a certainty with the way they've looked. Oh yeah, they'll also be playing the 2 best qb's of this generation too.:eek:..................lol::popcorn:

Our division doesn't play the Saints this year... :thinking:

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
The Titans have lost a lot of pass rush with Haynesworth gone and for some reason Fisher refuses to adapt and use blitzes. As such, they are being absolutely picked apart in the passing game. 350 yards and 3 TDs to the Jags with 3 probowlers in your secondary? Ouch

eriadoc
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM

I've never felt like going to another fan board anywhere, but I sure have to read a lot of their tripe on this one.

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I've never felt like going to another fan board anywhere, but I sure have to read a lot of their tripe on this one.

Then go over there and talk smack, but I was answering why none of their fans are over here

eriadoc
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Then go over there and talk smack, but I was answering why none of their fans are over here

Nah, I gotcha. I was just basically saying I have no sympathy for fans like that. I still don't go to their fan site to talk smack, though, because I don't like it when they do that to us.

gwallaia
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah, its never cool to go to another team's board and make them feel worse than they already do but you have to admit its funny just peeking in and seeing all those Titan fans wallowing in their misery!

Ha Ha!

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, its never cool to go to another team's board and make them feel worse than they already do but you have to admit its funny just peeking in and seeing all those Titan fans wallowing in their misery!

Ha Ha!

This is something I can agree on. I love seeing other teams start "FIRE" so and so threads

Hookem Horns
10-04-2009, 09:50 PM
They haven't won a game since the Terrible Towel stomping incident. That seems like ages ago.

brakos82
10-04-2009, 09:51 PM
They haven't won a game since the Terrible Towel stomping incident. That seems like ages ago.

Maybe there's more to that towel thing than we know...

Hookem Horns
10-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Maybe there's more to that towel thing than we know...

The funny thing is Steeler fans were saying they would be cursed for dissing the Towel. Now it looks like some Titans fans are starting to take that seriously.

Just think, they already have the Bud curse going for them, which I knew would be in full force because they broke out the oil derricks this season. On top of that they have the Towel thing.

There are two threads discussing curses...lol.

http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1613

http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1499

GuerillaBlack
10-04-2009, 11:24 PM

The Terrible Curse?

Bulluck53
10-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm too amazed at how this season has ended (yes, ended) to be embarrassed to come around here. Oh well... luckily I've got other things to look forward to now.

NitroGSXR
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm too amazed at how this season has ended (yes, ended) to be embarrassed to come around here. Oh well... luckily I've got other things to look forward to now.
Colt?

eriadoc
10-04-2009, 11:47 PM

Well, there was an 0-4 team in the past that made it to the playoffs, only to choke after they got everyone's hopes up. So your season may not be ended just yet. They may have further misery in store for you.

Hookem Horns
10-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Well, there was an 0-4 team in the past that made it to the playoffs, only to choke after they got everyone's hopes up. So your season may not be ended just yet. They may have further misery in store for you.

If you are referring to the 93 Oilers they were actually 1-4 before they went on the winning streak. They were never 0-4. IIRC I think they went 1-1 or 1-2 before getting to 1-4.

The only team to ever make the playoffs after starting 0-4 are the 92 Chargers.

Bulluck53
10-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Colt?

I'd rather not dabble in the Austin talent pool anymore

The '02 Titans went 1-4 then to the AFCCG... it can be done, but it won't.

spurstexanstros
10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Just go over there and talk smack then.

No need to call them out here. Call them out over there.
As I have said I am a Texan fan and I visit Texan fan sites. I feel it that its kinda tacky to go over to a site just to give their fans a hard time.

I dont go out of my way to do so. and I find it hard to believe that all of the Titan fans suddenly became busy or lost the website location. I mean come on guys I have watched these guys preach at us how loyal they were and how they always supported their team....well Titan fans (Toronto, Bipolar, Bailing Arrow.) show us your loyalty.

That was my point last year...trash talk fine but going out of your way to make other fans feel bad. not cool.

GP
10-05-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree with you. :clap:

The Titans fans who came over here and ran their mouths to us always made me mad. If they talked football, I was OK. But so many times on here, they were really just making snide little spiteful comments. They might even make a good "football" post, but then they would insert some smack'ish statement or comment within the post. Just to give us a little dig. To pour salt onto the wound.

I have not posted on their board. And will never post on their board. I get the satisfaction of knowing that the environment on their board (amongst themselves) is probably chaotic and disgruntled. My joy is found in that they have been taken down a notch, and now THEY have to gripe and whine and be distracted from happiness. That might be a poor way for me to look at it, and it might be characterless by some people's standards. But this is just a hobby. I can take joy in their calamity because it's not like I am wishing bad things on their jobs or family life or anything.

The old "I don't have anything nice to say, so I keep my mouth shut" line of wisdom applies here, at least for me.

I wouldn't go and do to them what some of them have come here and done to us. Does me restraining myself from going over there win me any points with them? No. But I'm doing it as a principle. So that when those meatheads come here and start flaming us, I can flame them right back and say "I don't go to your house and take a dump on your furniture. Don't do it here in MY house."

Texan_Bill
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
If you are referring to the 93 Oilers they were actually 1-4 before they went on the winning streak. They were never 0-4. IIRC I think they went 1-1 or 1-2 before getting to 1-4.

The only team to ever make the playoffs after starting 0-4 are the 92 Chargers.

As usual, you are correct:

L 0-1 @ New Orleans Saints
W 1-1 Kansas City Chiefs
L1-2 @ San Diego Chargers
L 1-3 Los Angeles Rams
Bye Week
L 1-4 @ Buffalo Bills

Dread-Head
10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Despite my ire for Bud Adams I don't see the point of kicking a man when he's down. You kick a man enough times when he's down you give him an incentive to get up and when he GETS UP...he'll want to respond to the kicks you gave him. Let the Titans fans grieve, and when they get back up THEN we can kick em.

BY1401
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
When the Colts had a stranglehold on the division, smack-talking Titans fans were nowhere to be found on the boards I'd frequent.

Last year, they were insufferable.

This year, nary a peep.

That happens with fans from most every team, but it's bad form. If you're going to dish it out, you'd better be able to take it in return.

gwallaia
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Despite my ire for Bud Adams I don't see the point of kicking a man when he's down. You kick a man enough times when he's down you give him an incentive to get up and when he GETS UP...he'll want to respond to the kicks you gave him. Let the Titans fans grieve, and when they get back up THEN we can kick em.

Nah, let's kick the hell out of the old fart.

brakos82
10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Nah, let's kick the hell out of the old fart.

I say shoot him. :cowboy1:

Double Barrel
10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Schadenfreude abounds! :redtowel:

Save your sympathy. Most Titans fans have been nothing but crappy to Texans fans on this board for years. They are getting what they deserve, for like Hookem mentioned, they have brought the Three Curses to form the perfect hell for the start of their season: The Curse of Bud, The Curse of the Choking Derrick, and The Terrible Towel Karma Bitchslap.

All I can say to them is :lol:

Vinny
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
we can always reminisce.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1204336&postcount=16

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
we can always reminisce.

http://www.fitbug.com/35/images/pics/salt_shaker_211.jpg

Blazing Arrow
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Yes the Titans are a steaming pile right now and I don't expect that to change for at least a couple seasons. The Colts will most likely beat us down and then off to the pats which unless they forget they are playing on Sunday will bury our heads in the mud.

I honestly can not see a win until Buffalo right now.

Goldensilence
10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Everyone's talking about losing Albert Haynesworth but, I got to wonder if the biggest impact really was losing Schwartz to be coach of the Lions. Also looks like Kerry Collins is rounding back to form.

Has to hurt that your former DC went to a team that lost every game last year, and still managed to win one before a team that finished 13-3 last year. I will say though that Kenny Britt looks like a good player though.

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Everyone's talking about losing Albert Haynesworth but, I got to wonder if the biggest impact really was losing Schwartz to be coach of the Lions. Also looks like Kerry Collins is rounding back to form.

Has to hurt that your former DC went to a team that lost every game last year, and still managed to win one before a team that finished 13-3 last year. I will say though that Kenny Britt looks like a good player though.

Didn't Antwan Odom play for the Titans last year ? Never mind he last year was 2007 .

To me the Titans were a team that if they had 7 talent , they play as a 9 . This year they lost that intangible and the talent level dropped . It may have happened when the Texans decided to hit the bully back and beat them .

Bulluck53
10-05-2009, 01:33 PM
we can always reminisce.

:voodoo: :spin:

You're going to blame all this on Collins, though?

The reason he was good last year is he wasn't asked to do much. This has been recognized. I'm sure he would do just fine if he wasn't asked to win a shootout or bring us back from more than a score, which has been asked of him 3 times thus far. Fact is, he's not that kind of QB anymore, nothing has changed from last year to now. The defense is killer, the offense didn't get worse.

A lot of things go into the offense, for example. There were two times yesterday Heimerdinger called a run up the middle on 3rd and long... there's two 3 and outs. Once he ran a a little flare to a WR on 3rd and long, again, nothing. Not that Collins would have made that play, but he wasn't given much of a chance.

The sad thing is, Collins still gives us the best chance to win; and he's not able to do what we ask of him now.

Not sure how you don't see that, unless you're just looking at the box score each week.

spurstexanstros
10-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes the Titans are a steaming pile right now and I don't expect that to change for at least a couple seasons. The Colts will most likely beat us down and then off to the pats which unless they forget they are playing on Sunday will bury our heads in the mud.

I honestly can not see a win until Buffalo right now.

I stand corrected.. ...here to take some. props

toronto
10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
I've never left either...

Thankful as hell I got two kids that are keeping me so busy on weekends that I have missed two and a half games live. I should give them an extra hug for helping me avoid watching this shit.

I'm stunned at the falloff - it's basically like the team shut down after the Ravens beat them in the playoffs and the hangover has not left the dressing room; worse is there is a complete void of leadership imploring the team to move on already.

I think the debacle yesterday in Hagland was the wakeup call. Several veterans are earning themselves new destinations this upcoming off-season.

Texecutioner
10-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Schadenfreude abounds! :redtowel:

Save your sympathy. Most Titans fans have been nothing but crappy to Texans fans on this board for years. They are getting what they deserve, for like Hookem mentioned, they have brought the Three Curses to form the perfect hell for the start of their season: The Curse of Bud, The Curse of the Choking Derrick, and The Terrible Towel Karma Bitchslap.

All I can say to them is :lol:

Yep, this has pretty much been the case. I think I'll give it another week or two and I might slide in over there and see how Titan land is doing. Call me cheap, call me petty, call me a jerk, but it's going to be some fun. Lol! :gathering:

I got no love for the Titans or their fans that come into Reliant and act disrespectful every year.

toronto
10-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep, this has pretty much been the case. I think I'll give it another week or two and I might slide in over there and see how Titan land is doing. Call me cheap, call me petty, call me a jerk, but it's going to be some fun. Lol! :gathering:

I got no love for the Titans or their fans that come into Reliant and act disrespectful every year.

Keep it respectful or I'll end your stay real fast. Yes I mod titanstailgate. I have a ton of respect for Hookem but don't pour unnessessary gas on the fire sir.

Texecutioner
10-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Keep it respectful or I'll end your stay real fast. Yes I mod titanstailgate. I have a ton of respect for Hookem but don't pour unnessessary gas on the fire sir.

I don't run over to boards of any kind and randomly just start disrespecting people. That would be a waste of time. I don't appreciate this kind of threat either Toronto, when there are a few of them that come over here and muddy the waters up as dirty as they can at times and then telling me that you'll end my stay right away if I'm just having some good ole cheap fun when I'ver never even been to their boards before and cranked up nothing with them. Geez, what the hell is your problem?

toronto
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't run over to boards of any kind and randomly just start disrespecting people. That would be a waste of time. I don't appreciate this kind of threat either Toronto, when there are a few of them that come over here and muddy the waters up as dirty as they can at times and then telling me that you'll end my stay right away if I'm just having some good ole cheap fun when I'ver never even been to their boards before and cranked up nothing with them. Geez, what the hell is your problem?

Not meant as that, and certainly not antogonistic. The new board is something I am proud of, and thankful to this site for its very existence. I don't want to see the site become like Titanscentral, or the TOMB, where threads became ridiculous.

From what I have seen, most Titan fans, myself included, have always towed the line here and kept it clean. If you can keep it fun, dude knock yourself out and have a blast. All I ask is you keep it clean. With the club 0-4 and 0-6 a real possibility, we fear the trolls coming out.

Thorn
10-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Not meant as that, and certainly not antogonistic. The new board is something I am proud of, and thankful to this site for its very existence. I don't want to see the site become like Titanscentral, or the TOMB, where threads became ridiculous.

From what I have seen, most Titan fans, myself included, have always towed the line here and kept it clean. If you can keep it fun, dude knock yourself out and have a blast. All I ask is you keep it clean. With the club 0-4 and 0-6 a real possibility, we fear the trolls coming out.

I recgonized one of your posters on there from the (Star)TrekBBS, so I registered an account just to leave her a message. However, she doesn't know me as Thorn, I used a different name on the TrekBBS, so that should be interesting to see if she can figure out who I am. LOL

She uses the same avatar on the TrekBBS, as I do here, so it shouldn't be very difficult for her to figure out who I am. Not a lot of Vic Morrow avatars on the internets these days.

Texecutioner
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM

I think you took my first post as if I was going to go over there and flame the entire board. If I did it that way, it wouldn't be any fun. I actually like some of the Titans fans around here. I've enjoyed a few discussions with Bipolar The Titan actually.

Second Honeymoon
10-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Like Hervoyel pointed out, they are now 3 times cursed.

The curse moved to Tennessee with Bud...and when they finally seemed to be shaking the curse, they decided to stomp on the Terrible Towel and show no class. They could have been good sports and shown respect for a longtime respected adversary, but they decided to make it all about them.

It really surprised me to see Bulluck engaging in those shenanigans but that guy may have hit 'the wall'. It looks like age is catching up to him especially as it relates to pass coverage.

The Titans may go hunting for draft picks and it would probably best serve them to give VY a chance if things dont turn around. Remember that they have to either cut VY or pay him huge option year at the end of this season.

If you don't think someone is going to give him a shot, you are fooling yourself. There are more quality QBs in this league than ever before, but there are still some teams searching.

sorry about the football talk but here is some smack. 0-4 Titans Suck!!

Showtime100
10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Like Hervoyel pointed out, they are now 3 times cursed.

The curse moved to Tennessee with Bud...and when they finally seemed to be shaking the curse, they decided to stomp on the Terrible Towel and show no class. They could have been good sports and shown respect for a longtime respected adversary, but they decided to make it all about them.

It really surprised me to see Bulluck engaging in those shenanigans but that guy may have hit 'the wall'. It looks like age is catching up to him especially as it relates to pass coverage.

The Titans may go hunting for draft picks and it would probably best serve them to give VY a chance if things dont turn around. Remember that they have to either cut VY or pay him huge option year at the end of this season.

If you don't think someone is going to give him a shot, you are fooling yourself. There are more quality QBs in this league than ever before, but there are still some teams searching.

sorry about the football talk but here is some smack. 0-4 Titans Suck!!

If I may add to that, the minute they wore Oiler uni's they sealed the deal. A seemingly inexplicable 0-4. I loved the derrick when it was a Houston derrick, but it didn't love me. The Tennessee derrick? Not so much...lol.

Vinny
10-06-2009, 04:34 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1006/pg2_e_logoa_576.jpg

Texan_Bill
10-06-2009, 04:36 PM
HA!! They're great Vinny!!!!

Blazing Arrow
10-07-2009, 12:26 AM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7858/vinceyoung.jpg

Because I still have a sense of humor ... don't expect it after next weeks loss. :gun:

whiskeyrbl
10-07-2009, 04:54 AM
To the Titan followers here I cannot find it in me to say I feel sorry for y'all. However I can lend a lil' insight. If Bud Adams follows suit to the way he has always done things expect the payroll to shrink as well as the talent pool over there. I have a sneaky suspicion that the hard times there are just starting and will continue for a few years. That is something we had to endure for the better part of 30 years.:roast:

spurstexanstros
10-07-2009, 03:48 PM
props to the Titan fans who came in here to eat crow. Been busy at work cant type here to long. Just wanted to say props for responding and taking crow.

All I can say about your team right now is..."HA HA"

Texans_Chick
10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Last year's Titans season was all about their dominant defense. They didn't have to do much on offense.

If they don't have dominant D, they don't have jack. The players say that they miss Schwartz. Clearly they miss Haynesworth because though they get some sacks, they aren't being able to do everything that they like to do with rushing just four. And their secondary in my opinion has always been a bit overrated--QBs didn't have enough time to be accurate in previous seasons. This season QBs have more time, and they are suffering from injuries on the backend.

If their D can't hold up their end of the bargain, that Titans team is in trouble because their offense is offensive.

Should be interesting to see what they can do against the Colts.

And yeah, do NOT mess with Myron Cope.

Blazing Arrow
10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Last year's Titans season was all about their dominant defense. They didn't have to do much on offense.

If they don't have dominant D, they don't have jack. The players say that they miss Schwartz. Clearly they miss Haynesworth because though they get some sacks, they aren't being able to do everything that they like to do with rushing just four. And their secondary in my opinion has always been a bit overrated--QBs didn't have enough time to be accurate in previous seasons. This season QBs have more time, and they are suffering from injuries on the backend.

If their D can't hold up their end of the bargain, that Titans team is in trouble because their offense is offensive.

Should be interesting to see what they can do against the Colts.

And yeah, do NOT mess with Myron Cope.

Honestly how do you consider yourself an analyst. The comments about Haynsworth show such a lack of research I can not even tell you. In 5 games the guy has been injured ... produced only one sack and shows a lack of the penetration that he had when he was looking for his money. EVERY Titans fan saw this. Even ESPN analyst are marking him as the biggest bust on FA this season but you peg our losing streak on the lack of a guy who half arses plays and sits on the field? Laughable ...

Not sure how a Texans fan can even talk about a secondary since flaming trash can would cover better then what the Texans offer but to call the highest turn over secondary "over rated" again go back to playing with dolls because this comments makes no sense. Yeah we have sucked this season but that is more on the coaching and poor position by play calling then actually talent.

Yes our D needs to step up but at least call it as you see it. If you drop all of our LBs into zone on the 5 your are going to get chewed apart. You play off of some of the best WRs by 10 yards and can not get pressure then your are going to get scorched.

I don't mean to be harsh but calling our loses on the lack of a guy who is a slug really shows a lack of research and a lack of even watching the games IMO.

Hookem Horns
10-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Honestly how do you consider yourself an analyst. The comments about Haynsworth show such a lack of research I can not even tell you. In 5 games the guy has been injured ... produced only one sack and shows a lack of the penetration that he had when he was looking for his money. EVERY Titans fan saw this. Even ESPN analyst are marking him as the biggest bust on FA this season but you peg our losing streak on the lack of a guy who half arses plays and sits on the field? Laughable ...

Not sure how a Texans fan can even talk about a secondary since flaming trash can would cover better then what the Texans offer but to call the highest turn over secondary "over rated" again go back to playing with dolls because this comments makes no sense. Yeah we have sucked this season but that is more on the coaching and poor position by play calling then actually talent.

Yes our D needs to step up but at least call it as you see it. If you drop all of our LBs into zone on the 5 your are going to get chewed apart. You play off of some of the best WRs by 10 yards and can not get pressure then your are going to get scorched.

I don't mean to be harsh but calling our loses on the lack of a guy who is a slug really shows a lack of research and a lack of even watching the games IMO.

Texans Chick was saying the Titans miss that dominant DT they had. How does what he is doing this season have any relevance to the fact that the Titans aren't getting the same penetration they had last season because they don't have the same pieces in place? They obviously miss the dominant Fat Albert not the one who is busting with the Skins this season. Almost everybody sucks when they go to DC.

Also a Texans fan can't make an observation just because their team has the same issue?? If anything we should really know what a sucky secondary looks like because we see one ourselves every week. However that being said when the Texans played the Titans the Titans secondary sucked just a little bit more.

Blazing Arrow
10-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Texans Chick was saying the Titans miss that dominant DT they had. How does what he is doing this season have any relevance to the fact that the Titans aren't getting the same penetration they had last season because they don't have the same pieces in place? They obviously miss the dominant Fat Albert not the one who is busting with the Skins this season. Almost everybody sucks when they go to DC.

Also a Texans fan can't make an observation just because their team has the same issue?? If anything we should really know what a sucky secondary looks like because we see one ourselves every week. However that being said when the Texans played the Titans the Titans secondary sucked just a little bit more.

The DTs have not been the issue. They are actually playing well and keeping the run game contained. We are not getting pressure from the outside. Our play calling on D is atrocious to say the least.

Our secondary again looks horrible because of play calling. We are out of position on every play and drop into zone. It honestly makes no sense. Cecil was obviously not ready for the job and if he does not right the ship in the next game or so he will be unemployed at the end of the season.

You can not let the other team walk down the field on you ever single opening drive. It shows your play scheming was poor and you did not prepare for the game.

Wolf
10-11-2009, 01:55 PM
might be a little difference when one guy can consistently command a double team (i.e. Fat Albert) and still get pressure up the middle and with two guys getting some pressure, meanwhile the doubled player becomes KVB or Kearse

I might be wrong. from what I have seen from the Titans (limited) is that they aren't collapsing the pocket and the Qb has time to step up and make the throw.. Haynesworth took some of that away

I thought that secondary was overrated last year

Jim leaving left a whole on that team

toronto
10-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Just a quick note. 0-5 and still here. We suck. Fisher sucks balls right now. End of story.

Hookem Horns
10-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Just a quick note. 0-5 and still here. We suck. Fisher sucks balls right now. End of story.

You want to do a Kubiak for Fisher trade? I'll make that deal.

toronto
10-12-2009, 12:32 AM
You want to do a Kubiak for Fisher trade? I'll make that deal.

Pass, but toss in a first rounder?

Hookem Horns
10-12-2009, 12:39 AM

How about a former first rounder?

Blazing Arrow
10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
This season is looking terrible. Nothing is working and the torches and pitchforks are out.

The swingers are in full affect.

The draft pick talks are already starting on my board. I just fear what is going to happen at the end of the season. We could see a complete cleaning of the house.

HOU-TEX
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Ok, we'll give you Dunta and Kubiak for Fisher? Or, Okoye and Kubiak? Deal?

Blazing Arrow
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Ok, we'll give you Dunta and Kubiak for Fisher? Or, Okoye and Kubiak? Deal?

I don't think you will need to give anything at this point. End of the season I doubt he is still on the Titans.

Bulluck53
10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't think you will need to give anything at this point. End of the season I doubt he is still on the Titans.

Which is ridiculous.... but will probably happen.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I would love Fisher as Texans HC

Blazing Arrow
10-12-2009, 12:40 PM

I completely agree but if he drops to 0-6 ... 1-7 I don't see him keeping his job. There is a certain DC I would love to lose his job before we drop to 0-8 ... :gun:

powerfuldragon
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM
right now, nashville is making its best noise since the late '70s.

Bulluck53
10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I completely agree but if he drops to 0-6 ... 1-7 I don't see him keeping his job. There is a certain DC I would love to lose his job before we drop to 0-8 ... :gun:

I don't understand how there have been no changes schematically on defense. Teams have been having beating them for the same reasons all season but nothing changes. Its very telling when Garrard tops 300 on you, so its not just good QB play. Brady will have an absolute field day and probably won't get touched.

Blazing Arrow
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't understand how there have been no changes schematically on defense. Teams have been having beating them for the same reasons all season but nothing changes. Its very telling when Garrard tops 300 on you, so its not just good QB play. Brady will have an absolute field day and probably won't get touched.

How many yards did KVB give up on breathing near Manning. The ref'ing was silly in that game. On the second TD which basically buried us the refs gave up 3x15 yard penatlies and Manning never even touched the turf.

BY1401
10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
How many yards did KVB give up on breathing near Manning. The ref'ing was silly in that game. On the second TD which basically buried us the refs gave up 3x15 yard penatlies and Manning never even touched the turf.

The second touchdown drive or the third touchdown drive?

Double Barrel
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM

yeah, that was pretty weak. What next, they looked at Manning, that'll be 15 yards!

Put skirts on those QBs. It's all about marketing these days (i.e. "Marquee players")

toronto
10-12-2009, 04:02 PM
yeah, that was pretty weak. What next, they looked at Manning, that'll be 15 yards!

Put skirts on those QBs. It's all about marketing these days (i.e. "Marquee players")

Yes the calls were disgusting but the football IQ shown by the Titans all game was near VY's wonderlic score. You would have never guessed that was a veteran team with the most tenured coach in the NFL.

toronto
10-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I would love Fisher as Texans HC

Want stabilty but no rings eh?

Double Barrel
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM

Baby steps for Texans fans. Remember, we just got our first winning streak last season!

toronto
10-12-2009, 04:06 PM

Why is it ridiculous? The man is in his 16th season with the Titans and has no rings, a below .500 record in the playoffs and the current veteran team impoding on him and behaving like a bunch of 5th graders.

When did he become Bear Bryant? The man did a good job when the team transitioned to Memphis/Nashville, and built a damn good team in 99-00, but cmon already - the Fish's reputation is overrated, and I felt that way before this season even begin.

toronto
10-12-2009, 04:07 PM
This season is looking terrible. Nothing is working and the torches and pitchforks are out.

The swingers are in full affect.

The draft pick talks are already starting on my board. I just fear what is going to happen at the end of the season. We could see a complete cleaning of the house.

It's bad on ours as well, but I'll be honest, I'm about as venomous as anyone right now. This team being 0-5 is just insulting.

BY1401
10-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes the calls were disgusting...

Which calls? The ones where Vanden Bosch tackled Manning below the knees and where Ford blasts Manning, both of which were after the ball was gone? Are those the calls you're talking about?

toronto
10-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Which calls? The ones where Vanden Bosch tackled Manning below the knees and where Ford blasts Manning, both of which were after the ball was gone? Are those the calls you're talking about?

watch the game again (I know I sure as hell won't, I want to avoid going to jail) - Ford was pushed into Manning and on one of the KVB personal fouls I've sneezed harder than Manning got hit. The knee one, agreed.

Doesn't matter - it's not like the Titans were winning that game under ANY circumstances. Let it be stated - I don't blame the refs, if anything, the score was about right.

BY1401
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Let it be stated - I don't blame the refs, if anything, the score was about right.

Gotcha.

If the Titans had been able to convert those two first-half turnovers into touchdowns rather than field goals, it would have been a much different game.

Good luck against New England next week.

toronto
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
:spit:Gotcha.

If the Titans had been able to convert those two first-half turnovers into touchdowns rather than field goals, it would have been a much different game.

Good luck against New England next week.

They didn't convert them, and barely moved the ball period - the FGs were all long ones.

The 'ol Rich McKay line is in play - "execution of the team" "in favor of it"

Hookem Horns
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM

The no rings thing is a Bud Adams Oilers/Titans thing. You want rings you need to find another team to root for. ;)

toronto
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
The no rings thing is an Oilers/Titans thing. You want rings you need to find another team to root for. ;)

True, but seeing as how this is Fisher's 16th season, I feel comfortable in my opinion that the man is overrated and has way too much respect. It's not like he doesn't run the show in Nashville

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Stability with a chance to win (not compete), that is what every fan wants. I think it is suffice to say that no coach in the last 15 years has had to overcome as much adversity as Fisher.

toronto
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Stability with a chance to win (not compete), that is what every fan wants. I think it is suffice to say that no coach in the last 15 years has had to overcome as much adversity as Fisher.

Man I can't believe I'm dumping on Fish this much, but I guess the last two weeks have done me in.

Memphis/Nashville is OVER. He's had stability for years, and is de facto in charge of all personnel decisions for the last several years. This team, as constructed, is his, minus VY maybe being stuffed down his throat by Bud.

I admire what he did during the mid 90s, but it's frigging 2009 now. The tune is old, and clearly so is his message, because that team sure isn't listening anymore.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Man I can't believe I'm dumping on Fish this much, but I guess the last two weeks have done me in.

Memphis/Nashville is OVER. He's had stability for years, and is de facto in charge of all personnel decisions for the last several years. This team, as constructed, is his, minus VY maybe being stuffed down his throat by Bud.

I admire what he did during the mid 90s, but it's frigging 2009 now. The tune is old, and clearly so is his message, because that team sure isn't listening anymore.

I feel your pain brutha, you know I do. But based on historicals you will be back in one to two years with him at the helm. One person's garbage, is anothers treasure. :cool:

spurstexanstros
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I am so happy that it was the Texans that began the downward spiral of the Titans. Last year the Titans were on a roll and the Texans showed the league how to beat them. This year the Texans punched the bully when it got in their face.

The Texans are playing good football(despite yesterdays loss) and the team is unified because they stood up to them , meanwhile the bully is spiraling into oblivion.

toronto
10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
I am so happy that it was the Texans that began the downward spiral of the Titans. Last year the Titans were on a roll and the Texans showed the league how to beat them. This year the Texans punched the bully when it got in their face.

The Texans are playing good football(despite yesterdays loss) and the team is unified because they stood up to them , meanwhile the bully is spiraling into oblivion.

Sir, trust me, the blueprint on beating the Titans started with Baltimore in the playoffs last year. IMHMFO

GuerillaBlack
10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Definitely would not mind Fisher as our HC.

toronto
10-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I feel your pain brutha, you know I do. But based on historicals you will be back in one to two years with him at the helm. One person's garbage, is anothers treasure. :cool:

Thanks man, I know they aren't the Lions, but after 15.5 years, I think its fair to say Fisher has had a fair chance to win a Super Bowl with the team.

Cowher also took a long time, but got it done. He also IMO ran a more classy team that played football the way I want it to be played.

Another theory, and likely a good one? The 13-3 season was very overrated with a lot of cupcake teams.

Blazing Arrow
10-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Why is it ridiculous? The man is in his 16th season with the Titans and has no rings, a below .500 record in the playoffs and the current veteran team impoding on him and behaving like a bunch of 5th graders.

When did he become Bear Bryant? The man did a good job when the team transitioned to Memphis/Nashville, and built a damn good team in 99-00, but cmon already - the Fish's reputation is overrated, and I felt that way before this season even begin.

Honestly I have heard this lame BS on my main board since game one. Who do you want? Should we start Young and crap out the season. Maybe we should look at a DC that should not be calling plays in High School much less the NFL.

Pleeeeease do not tell me your are another swinger because I can not take another want to be Titans fans pretending that Young is the answer. If you believe that get out of this forum because I guarantee you it will not be a pleasant ride.

toronto
10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Honestly I have heard this lame BS on my main board since game one. Who do you want? Should we start Young and crap out the season. Maybe we should look at a DC that should not be calling plays in High School much less the NFL.

Pleeeeease do not tell me your are another swinger because I can not take another want to be Titans fans pretending that Young is the answer. If you believe that get out of this forum because I guarantee you it will not be a pleasant ride.

Fan of the team since 1978 when I lived in Houston sir. After 15+ years of Fish I'm ready to move on. Seeing as how Fish hired the DC and helped ruin Mr. Wonderlic (I never cared about VY either way to be honest, I just want to win), plus the playoff failure last season with a team that should have won it all?

I've done the Fisher dance for 10 years and dealt with the ups and downs, but he NEVER had a team play this stupid or outright quit on him (adds Jevon Kearse now). The character of team speaks for itself, specifically the lack of it and again this reflects on the man that is directly responsible for building 98% of the team - minus VY, which was forced on him as we all know.

Hope that answers your question. As for VY? I doubt it matters, but with the season in the toilet (I feel OK saying this at 0-5, 0-3 in the AFC South and 0-5 in the AFC), why the hell not try and see what he does? Not like it can get any worse.

SheTexan
10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Definitely would not mind Fisher as our HC.

I would be tempted to sell my PSLs if that ever happened!! I don't blame Bud for Fisher's inability to GET THE JOB DONE!! Bud went through HCs like a sieve when he was in Houston, and he's pretty much given Fisher full reign since they moved to hillbilly land. I don't want him cause I don't think he's any better than Kubiak, and that ain't saying much. JMO cause I like to give it, and I'm bored today! :)

toronto
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Jeff-Fisher/d1bc65dc-5e30-40f4-a40d-f3818876c70e

As the questions get near 'sensitive areas' watch Fish's answers get curt and borderline angry. Then we he says "We need to run the football" better I actually laughed.

Dude, you had your RB #1 in rushing heading into last week and its your OC that's bottling Lendale White and throwing deep routes on 3rd and 1. Get your head out of your ass.

Hookem Horns
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Fan of the team since 1978 when I lived in Houston sir. After 15+ years of Fish I'm ready to move on.

Did you live in Nashville also? Toronto, you should have moved on when the franchise crapped on its entire fanbase.

I moved on in 1996.

toronto
10-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Did you live in Nashville also? Toronto, you should have moved on when the franchise crapped on its entire fanbase.

I moved on in 1996.

No. For a reason only god knows, I stuck with the team. (still a diehard Stros fan) I figured when the Texans and Titans played for the first time, I would know who I would root for. I chose Bud. I'm certifiable, I know.

For the record, getting to see Nashville was a nice side benefit. Really cool town that I'm glad I discovered, and have made some great friends in the last decade.

Bulluck53
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM

There is no one better at this point. Simple. Fire Fisher and get laughed at by the whole league, you'll understand.

Hookem Horns
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
There is no one better at this point. Simple. Fire Fisher and get laughed at by the whole league, you'll understand.

There is actually someone on the Titans site arguing that Jack Pardee was better than Jeff Fisher. :thinking:

toronto
10-13-2009, 12:41 PM

There is always someone better - I'm sorry but the more I talk about this the more sure I feel - if Fisher had gotten us ring(s) yes it's a no doubter. At the end of the day there are NONE, and the team is now in a frigging death spiral. But that's not why I am becoming anti-Fisher - it's the team quitting on him and the unreal lack of discipline and character. That is directly accountable on Fisher's leadership. And at 0-5 (with NE on tap) and outscored 68-26 the last two weeks, we're already getting laughed at, don't you think?

Its not that I don't appreciate the job Fisher has done. I appreciate not being the Detroit Lions or Raiders. That being said, I just don't see us winning a championship with him at the helm. If it couldn't happen last year, 1999-2000 or 2003-2004, when the hell is it going to happen?

toronto
10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
There is actually someone on the Titans site arguing that Jack Pardee was better than Jeff Fisher. :thinking:

I know. As someone that sat in Rich Stadium that day? I don't need to say another word.

Hookem Horns
10-13-2009, 04:04 PM
I know. As someone that sat in Rich Stadium that day? I don't need to say another word.

I was looking at your signature and was going to say you should change that to "thank gawd hockey season is upon us", however I just realized the Leafs are winless also.

Do you follow basketball?

toronto
10-13-2009, 05:04 PM
I was looking at your signature and was going to say you should change that to "thank gawd hockey season is upon us", however I just realized the Leafs are winless also.

Do you follow basketball?

Not that much anymore, although if I did, it would just add to my pain. Yes the Leafs are disgusting. Sometimes I wish I was just another obnoxious NY Yanks/Giants fan. :(

ObsiWan
10-13-2009, 09:11 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1006/pg2_e_logoa_576.jpg
where'd you find these??
:lol:

ObsiWan
10-13-2009, 09:20 PM

Put skirts on those QBs.
Signed, Ray Lewis

fixed it for you
:D

ObsiWan
10-13-2009, 09:30 PM
:spit:

They didn't convert them, and barely moved the ball period - the FGs were all long ones.

The 'ol Rich McKay line is in play - "execution of the team" "in favor of it"

who's Rich McKay?
I think you mean John McKay.

Reporter: What do you think about your team's execution?
McKay: I'm in favor of it.

an all-time classic

Shaft75
10-14-2009, 03:24 PM
bump

Ryan
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
0-6:cow:

brakos82
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
0-6:cow:

:spin:

Mr teX
10-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Damn they are getting that ass beat!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:1 i love it. the messageboard has crashed again..what i wouldn't give to hear the talk radio fans tomorrow.

spurstexanstros
10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
no crackback to Titans fan that I could give would be equal to the pounding they are getting today...ouch

Texans34Life
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Glad our Oiler jerseys are a curse to the imposter Oilers!

Txn_in_Oki
10-18-2009, 07:21 PM
THey were sure loving life when they had all the good, let's see how well their fans do now they are finally getting the bad.

jerek
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
What an afternoon of laughs that game was ... love it love it love it! :lol:

Bulluck53
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Chuck Cecil won't be able to sit down for a week....

infantrycak
10-18-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't know what happened in every market, but geez that is embarrassing if the network gives up on you just after half time. There I was wanting to watch the bbeat down continue and then I realized this was even more demeaning.

Buffi2
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't know what happened in every market, but geez that is embarrassing if the network gives up on you just after half time. There I was wanting to watch the bbeat down continue and then I realized this was even more demeaning.

Was that a slap in the face or what? I couldn't believe it. And just when I was having such a great time laughing at the Titans too. That was such a fun game, I wish I'd been able to see Vy's 0/2 with 1 int.

toronto
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Was that a slap in the face or what? I couldn't believe it. And just when I was having such a great time laughing at the Titans too. That was such a fun game, I wish I'd been able to see Vy's 0/2 with 1 int.

I missed it - I gave the game a mercy kill at 31-0. I had seen enough and knew it was going to get uglier.

Needless to say, everything I said about Fisher in this thread, consider it repeated. Time for the organization to start over, and that means a new HC, GM and hopefully franchise rookie QB.

I knew that last year was this franchise's last shot with this nucleus, but I never saw this kind of nuclear explosion coming.

Mr teX
10-18-2009, 09:05 PM
I missed it - I gave the game a mercy kill at 31-0. I had seen enough and knew it was going to get uglier.

Needless to say, everything I said about Fisher in this thread, consider it repeated. Time for the organization to start over, and that means a new HC, GM and hopefully franchise rookie QB.

I knew that last year was this franchise's last shot with this nucleus, but I never saw this kind of nuclear explosion coming.

nuclear detonation indeed....this was hiroshima for you guys

http://lh6.ggpht.com/fisherwy/RxDbhy2KpBI/AAAAAAAAKCs/Ewm-Ytp52KE/Beautiful+Image+of+French+1968+Nuclear+Test%5B2%5D .jpg

WWJD
10-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Yea you're right. They need to totally rebuild..start over.

NitroGSXR
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Yea you're right. They need to totally rebuild..start over.

NO! I like them just fine. I don't think any kind of change is necessary. They're doing fine.

Hookem Horns
10-18-2009, 09:30 PM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2193/newlions.gif

Honoring Earl 34
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM

Bud's gonna want Colt .

brakos82
10-18-2009, 09:38 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hookem Horns again.

:ahhaha:

drewmar74
10-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Ran into the same problem! Someone please hook hookem up... that logo is the shiznit.

LonerATO
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM
+1 hooked him up

Blazing Arrow
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/80809/37387859.jpg

I did not know if I could get more sick after the loss to the Pats. I can. :choke:

beerlover
10-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Ran into the same problem! Someone please hook hookem up... that logo is the shiznit.

done :ahhaha:

GuerillaBlack
10-20-2009, 03:23 PM

It was a network decision by CBS actually. Every market, except the Boston and Nashville markets, switched to the Bills at Jets game.

Cjeremy635
10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
What's your honest opinion of what's going on Blazing Arrow? What do most of your team's fans think? Do you guys blame the coaching or the players for the downfall? It sure is weird how fast it all fell apart. I never saw this coming and I honestly think it's just a fluke. (not the 59-0...that wasn't a fluke, that was a "you're not my real kid" kind of ass beating)

eriadoc
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
I've never actually been a big Jeff Fisher fan. I think he's a good coach, but I just don't think he's capable of winning a SB. That said, I think it's pretty funny how Tacks fans thought the guy was great last year when they were winning 13 games, pushing all the right buttons, handling the VY saga well, and keeping the team's varied personalities in check, all while promoting aggressive play on the field.

Then suddenly, within the span of a few months, Fisher has suddenly forgotten how to coach, according to them.

Double Barrel
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM

I did not know if I could get more sick after the loss to the Pats. I can. :choke:

What's the story behind that picture? :confused:

Holy cow! Just found it:

Jeff Fisher dons Peyton Manning jersey: 'I just wanted to feel like a winner' (with video) (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091020/PROMO/91020053/Jeff+Fisher+dons+Peyton+Manning+jersey)

That's....just....bizarre.... :mcnugget:

Brando
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM

wow! Jeff Fisher is a bandwagoner.:runaway:

eriadoc
10-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I know it's petty, but I just can't help it - I am really enjoying this.

Double Barrel
10-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Dude, I would buy a big sign on I-45 calling for a firing if I ever saw a Texans head coach wearing the jersey of one of our division rivals.

That's just insult to injury for Titans fans. I'd feel sorry for them if they were another city. ;)

toronto
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I've never actually been a big Jeff Fisher fan. I think he's a good coach, but I just don't think he's capable of winning a SB. That said, I think it's pretty funny how Tacks fans thought the guy was great last year when they were winning 13 games, pushing all the right buttons, handling the VY saga well, and keeping the team's varied personalities in check, all while promoting aggressive play on the field.

Then suddenly, within the span of a few months, Fisher has suddenly forgotten how to coach, according to them.

Not that you would, but if you monitor my posts over the last 7 years, I have never been a huge Fisher fan, and on two occasions, wanted his ass fired.

I think this time I get my wish.

Stemp
10-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Fans will just ignore the Titans and focus again on the Volunteers.

Oh wait... they're not doing to well either, but hey, at least they have some wins.

toronto
10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I know it's petty, but I just can't help it - I am really enjoying this.

I honestly don't blame you. This is how I would feel if it were the Steelers or Cowboys.

gwallaia
10-20-2009, 03:59 PM

As bad as that photo is, at least your star quarterback was not photographed at a gay bar with his shirt off............... oh wait.

Hookem Horns
10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I honestly don't blame you. This is how I would feel if it were the Steelers or Cowboys.

For most of us Houston fans that felt betrayed by the Oilers exodus from our state it is much more personal (= much more enjoyable) than just watching a rival or team we grew up hating implode.

BTW, I can't believe Fisher's judgment in wearing that Colts jersey, especially now with everyone calling for his head.

So in one week he has promoted Houston (wearing Houston gear on the sidelines) and now Indianapolis. All he is lacking is Jacksonville and he will have covered the whole division.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2009, 04:22 PM
*Last year, they celebrate their 10th year in Nashville by going 13-3, stomping on the towell and then going to the play-offs and choking.
*This year they celebrate theirs and the AFL's 50th anniversary by going 0-6 and losing 59-0 while wearing stolen Houston Oiler unis.

Karma, she's a *****!!

DiehardChris
10-20-2009, 04:42 PM

Holy SHIT!

Titan fans must be LIVID over this, regardless of the circumstances!!

GlassHalfFull
10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Holy SHIT!

Titan fans must be LIVID over this, regardless of the circumstances!!

Gotitans is locked down again, so I am going with yes on that guess.

Wow. This gets better by the day. I have my son recite the Titans record to me several times a day. This week he had to add in the score as well. What can I say, it makes me happy. :glasshalffull:

toronto
10-20-2009, 04:49 PM

When was this taken? I googled it and cannot find it.

Mailman
10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Today!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091020/PROMO/91020053/Jeff+Fisher+dons+Peyton+Manning+jersey

HIGH LARRY US.

toronto
10-20-2009, 05:06 PM
He's hilarious. I look forward to his sense of humour after he's bought out of his 2011 year.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2009, 05:16 PM
http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=DN&Date=20091020&Category=SPORTS01&ArtNo=910200807&Ref=PH&Item=3&Maxw=542&Maxh=352&q=60

Wha?!? What?!?! WTF????!

gwallaia
10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=DN&Date=20091020&Category=SPORTS01&ArtNo=910200807&Ref=PH&Item=3&Maxw=542&Maxh=352&q=60

Wha?!? What?!?! WTF????!

The Curse of Bud works in mysterious ways.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2009, 05:29 PM
The Curse of Bud works in mysterious ways.

I'm sure glad that train wreck is gone.

Bulluck53
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM
HAHAHA... to be honest I think it's funny, but he shouldn't have done it. I'm sure Bud is excited to see that.

Toronto, if 0-6 wasn't enough for you to get your wish this may take it.

infantrycak
10-20-2009, 05:52 PM
HAHAHA... to be honest I think it's funny, but he shouldn't have done it. I'm sure Bud is excited to see that.

Toronto, if 0-6 wasn't enough for you to get your wish this may take it.

Can you give us some context on this one? Without having investigated any, that almost looks like a coach who wants to leave town.

Double Barrel
10-20-2009, 06:01 PM

Wha?!? What?!?! WTF????!

LOL!!!! :lol: :heh:

Bulluck53
10-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Can you give us some context on this one? Without having investigated any, that almost looks like a coach who wants to leave town.

I got a call from a buddy who goes to Lipscomb University, where this took place, who said he went to hear Tony Dungy speak for a charitable cause and Fish would be there. He told me what happened and I just laughed. He's a big Colts fan so he got a kick out of it.

As for more details, your guess is as good as mine.

DiehardChris
10-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Of course it was a charity event and for a good cause or whatever - but yeah, Jeff Fisher is a very smart guy. He knows the role the media plays in sports coverage, and he knew ahead of time this was going to get out. He's WAY too smart to think otherwise.

The other coaches and the players won't care, but I imagine Bud and the fans will be enraged.

Yep, quick check over at musiccitymiracles.com (http://www.musiccitymiracles.com) confirms - they're LIVID.

Just when you thought 0-6 and 59-0 couldn't get any uglier...

Also - interesting timing, right before the bye week. If Fisher wanted out, this would be the smartest time to pull a stunt like this since the team would have an extra week to make their next move. Just saying.

Pantherstang84
10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
You know I hate to rub things in when Possum Holler and Bud Adams are down... Well that's not true. I do like to rub it in, but a famous preacher once said...

"Their chickens, are coming home to roost!":chicken:

Shaft75
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
That Fisher picture!

I'm actually ROFL right now! This cannot get any better, right? I mean they are feeding this rivalry talk thread some great material. Seriously, I don't think this can get any better!

Pantherstang84
10-21-2009, 08:28 AM
That Fisher picture!

I'm actually ROFL right now! This cannot get any better, right? I mean they are feeding this rivalry talk thread some great material. Seriously, I don't think this can get any better!

I know right? You just can't make this stuff up!

Texans_Chick
10-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Here's the context, discussed by FanHouse Titan fan Clay Travis:

Jeff Fisher Dons Peyton Manning Jersey At Nashville Fundraiser (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/20/jeff-fisher-dons-peyton-manning-jersey-at-nashville-fundraiser/#cont)

Yeah, that's pretty tone deaf. Fisher comes on at about 1:40 of the video. Starts stripping a 2:40. He got a laugh at the "just wanted to feel like a winner" joke--but it was a little weird.

El Tejano
10-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Does anyone think this was a failed attempt to get his team motivated by any chance?

This is crazy. I never thought Fisher would go down to this. Some people just don't know how to lose.

BTW....So let me get this straight. They take the Oil Derrik off the helmets and go to The Superbowl. Then they bring them back and start out 0-6 and their typically level headed coach becomes a stripper for Indy's team. Hmmmm......

Ranger Tom
10-21-2009, 10:45 AM
BTW....So let me get this straight. They take the Oil Derrik off the helmets and go to The Superbowl. Then they bring them back and start out 0-6 and their typically level headed coach becomes a stripper for Indy's team. Hmmmm......

Dude, that's EERIE.

Showtime100
10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I swear when they put on those Oilers uni's then went o'fer that was on my mind too. Now this. When I saw Fisher with "Houston Oilers" sweats and a cap I thought of the old maritime belief that you never, NEVER change the name of a ship lest you get bad luck. In this case you don't wear a dead team's colors and logo. Superstition? Yeah, but I wouldn't tempt it.

ChrisG
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
anyone have access to gotitans.com? I was hoping to c what they think.

I tried registering but they dont allow any free email address. What kind of forum blocks the most popular email address (gmail, yahoo, hotmail)? I guess they are not very fan friendly when they are sucking

El Tejano
10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I swear when they put on those Oilers uni's then went o'fer that was on my mind too. Now this. When I saw Fisher with "Houston Oilers" sweats and a cap I thought of the old maritime belief that you never, NEVER change the name of a ship lest you get bad luck. In this case you don't wear a dead team's colors and logo. Superstition? Yeah, but I wouldn't tempt it.

So what does that say about us taking on the name Texans. Dallas Texans were a pretty bad team.

Double Barrel
10-21-2009, 11:37 AM
So what does that say about us taking on the name Texans. Dallas Texans were a pretty bad team.

What does 7+ seasons without a winning record tell ya'. :shades:

texanhead08
10-21-2009, 11:50 AM

Texans were 25-17 with an AFL title in their 4 years in Dallas. I don't know where you get they were a bad team from.

brakos82
10-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Texans were 25-17 with an AFL title in their 4 years in Dallas. I don't know where you get they were a bad team from.
They even won the '62 title.

Brando
10-21-2009, 12:25 PM

He must be thinking of the 1952 Dallas Texans, not to be confused with the AFL Dallas Texans from 1960-62.

Double Barrel
10-21-2009, 12:43 PM

The first Dallas Texans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Texans_(NFL)) was an NFL team in 1952 and went 111.

The second Dallas Texans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs) was an AFL team posting a 14-14 record their first two seasons, and then went 11-3 to beat the Houston Oilers for their AFL Championship in 1962.

El Tejano
10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
He must be thinking of the 1952 Dallas Texans, not to be confused with the AFL Dallas Texans from 1960-62.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Hookem Horns
10-21-2009, 12:49 PM

I tried registering but they dont allow any free email address. What kind of forum blocks the most popular email address (gmail, yahoo, hotmail)? I guess they are not very fan friendly when they are sucking

They do that to prevent SPAM accounts. Almost all SPAM accounts register with free email accounts (we get several a day), where most real people have access to non-free accounts like rr.com, etc.

I questioned Vinny if we should do the same to make his job easier and his concern was that it would upset some people. However he does have to weed through a lot of garbage to figure out who is real an who is not.

El Tejano
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
The first Dallas Texans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Texans_(NFL)) was an NFL team in 1952 and went 111.

The second Dallas Texans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs) was an AFL team posting a 14-14 record their first two seasons, and then went 11-3 to beat the Houston Oilers for their AFL Championship in 1962.

Oh the Irony!!! Hey we went 8-8 twice, maybe there is something in it for us.

I didn't know there was an NFL and an AFL Dallas Texans. I was refering to the NFL one.

Bulluck53
10-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Does anyone think this was a failed attempt to get his team motivated by any chance?

This is crazy. I never thought Fisher would go down to this. Some people just don't know how to lose.

I think it was just having fun at a charity event, he's said many times that he is good friends with Dungy so I'm definitely not hurt by this. It's a game.

I think Fish said it well himself, "...if you're offended over the nature of that type of thing, then I think you need to rethink things."

El Tejano
10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
I think it was just having fun at a charity event, he's said many times that he is good friends with Dungy so I'm definitely not hurt by this. It's a game.

I think Fish said it well himself, "...if you're offended over the nature of that type of thing, then I think you need to rethink things."

That's pretty much what I was thinking. However, you have to ask if now was the right time to do that due to the season and the previous game. Or perhaps take the jersey off right after.

eriadoc
10-21-2009, 02:16 PM
They do that to prevent SPAM accounts. Almost all SPAM accounts register with free email accounts (we get several a day), where most real people have access to non-free accounts like rr.com, etc.

I questioned Vinny if we should do the same to make his job easier and his concern was that it would upset some people. However he does have to weed through a lot of garbage to figure out who is real an who is not.

I use a Yahoo account, when I'm not using my GMail account. I have had my Yahoo account for over a decade, during which time I've changed ISPs three or four times.

Bulluck53
10-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Knee-jerk reaction was "WTF is he doing," no doubt, but once I read a little about it and realized why he did it, I have no problem. Timing wasn't great, and I still don't think it was a great move but he did it and there shouldn't be the uproar there is over at titanscentral, I think that's hilarious, too.

Texan_Bill
10-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Kick a dog when he's down. ESPN 2 showed the "1 yard short Super Bowl" last night. (I'm not sure if someone else posted that or not).

GP
10-21-2009, 05:21 PM

It's like haunted places. They are haunted because some BAD stuff went down there a long time ago. Places where there wasn't some messed up stuff happening are not haunted. It's the logic of haunted places.

Bud Adams murdered a team's fan base. In cold blood. For giggles.

The Oilers are haunted.

Double Barrel
10-21-2009, 05:41 PM
The Oilers are haunted.

And, I'm starting to believe, is the city that they played for. :scare:

Blazing Arrow
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM

Jeff has never allowed free email addresses. It helps stop spammers and reduces the number of double accounts, holds accountability to the email address.

Texan_Bill
10-21-2009, 06:02 PM
And don't have an Sbcglobal.net account either.

It took me nearly a year trying to get an account over there. Fortunately someone put me in direct contact with Jeff and we got it sorted out.

Blazing Arrow
10-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Knee-jerk reaction was "WTF is he doing," no doubt, but once I read a little about it and realized why he did it, I have no problem. Timing wasn't great, and I still don't think it was a great move but he did it and there shouldn't be the uproar there is over at titanscentral, I think that's hilarious, too.

I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we are 0-6. If 6-0 even 3-3 people probably would have laughed it off. When you are 0-6 coming off a game where the entire team quit on him I think it was a pretty bone head move.

Bulluck53
10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but I don't see it as anything that should lead him to getting fired. I just think some people need to realize that its just a game and he was simply having fun and setting the mood at what they wanted to be a fun event. I'm not calling you out, BA, but a lot of Titans fans seem ready to pull trigger after these past six weeks and now this.

GP
10-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Jeff should wear a Titans uniform and play defensive back for you guys.

:spit:

Bulluck53
10-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd rather him return punts

Hookem Horns
10-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we are 0-6. If 6-0 even 3-3 people probably would have laughed it off. When you are 0-6 coming off a game where the entire team quit on him I think it was a pretty bone head move.

I 100% agree with this. If you are upset with someone about something, their jokes (no matter how funny) just aren't funny.

Titans fans aren't liking him right now and to do that right now looks like he is either asking to be fired or just stopped caring. Maybe that is not the case but it is the impression it gives.

What a bizarre season for that franchise.

GP
10-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I 100% agree with this. If you are upset with someone about something, their jokes (no matter how funny) just aren't funny.

Titans fans aren't liking him right now and to do that right now looks like he is either asking to be fired or just stopped caring. Maybe that is not the case but it is the impression it gives.

What a bizarre season for that franchise.

I take the other approach to all of this: This is no big deal.

Is he supposed to go into deep depression and wear a black arm band, and mourn this bad season? To me, he's showing that he's above the game.

He's saying that his life in football is beyond (a) being the Titans' head coach, and (b) having fun only if he's winning. If anything, he made me respect him for having the ability to relax a little.

Plus, he and the Colts are goooood buddies. One team laid down for the other in the last regular season game...easily ensuring a playoff spot instead of trying to make them earn it the hard way.

IIRC, the Braves were also involved in a lay-down game with some other team which screwed the Astros from a playoff spot.

Double Barrel
10-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but I don't see it as anything that should lead him to getting fired. I just think some people need to realize that its just a game and he was simply having fun and setting the mood at what they wanted to be a fun event. I'm not calling you out, BA, but a lot of Titans fans seem ready to pull trigger after these past six weeks and now this.

Many folks say "it's just a game", which it is at it's core, but it's also a multi-billion dollar industry and part of professional sports which is the 6th largest industry in our economy.

While I can laugh at the Titans current plight, I wouldn't be happy to see our HC doing such a stunt during an 0-6 start and after a 59-0 ass kicking. Heck, by that point in the Texans 2-14 season, pink soap avatars were taking over and the "Fire Capers Club" was in full force. Titans fans are facing a bigger disappointment after a 13-3 season and a playoff appearance. That's a helluva' long fall.

I still don't understand one thing about the incident: what does wearing a division rival's jersey have to do with a charity event? He could have introduced Dungy without all this clown stuff, and to be honest, it's pandering to an audience in an act that can be perceived as betrayal, disrespect, and ridicule by some fans and players.

Bulluck53
10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
People have talked on the radio and tv about him trying to boost the spirits of the crowd, in order to get more donations for the charity. It makes sense and Fish is a smart guy, I'm sure if thats the case he thought of that well in advance, even before the 59-0 drubbing. He is so arrogant he probably likes this attention, and in return is giving the charity even more pub.

I can understand why people don't like it, and why it is kind of a big deal. But I don't see a grown individual can actually be offended by it. Thats bizarre to me, its a game, its a business and he's using his status to get publicity for himself and this charity. This team hit rock bottom at 59-0, can't get much more of a laughing stock than that.

The crowd, in Nashville, laughed. I would imagine a lot of those people to be Titans fans.

Second Honeymoon
10-22-2009, 05:19 PM
First off. Titans suck this year and the Fisher thing is just off the charts hilarious. Take your medicine, Titans fan.

I have always been a big Fisher guy, but he needs to leave the 'real' comedy to comic geniuses like Gallagher and The Cable Guy. I bet he has a great sense of humor and I have seen it before, but this failed and I can't understand what he was thinking. Coaching football does not make you funny. I love Fish and hope this doesn't define him.

Maybe he is trying to get fired because he doesn't want to work for Adams and the Titans anymore. Maybe the whole McNair thing has gotten him kinda flustered and numb to the NFL. Would Fisher go so far as to do this to motivate his team? That would be some serious double-reverse ancient Jedi mind trick. One thing is for sure, if Bud fires Fisher you better prepare for some really crappy teams in Nashville.

I also think they need to start VY or cut him now. They aren't going to keep him next year unless he turns his entire game/career around with only 10 weeks left, so why keep him if he is so bad he isn't even worth giving a start when your 0-6 and circling the drain. It can't be helping team chemistry having your highest paid player do nothing for you. Remember, we had Carr for 5 years, we know how much it sucks to pay top$$ for garbage.

Bulluck53
10-23-2009, 04:59 PM
First off. Titans suck this year and the Fisher thing is just off the charts hilarious. Take your medicine, Titans fan.

I stopped there...

Ryan
10-23-2009, 05:10 PM
since this is their bye week i think it should say the titans are still 0-6.:texflag:

ChrisG
10-23-2009, 07:49 PM

yea i understand that...im not looking to spam them but all I have is a gmail and yahoo account. Dont even kno my rr account login or pw

brakos82
10-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Do they block the imatexan accounts? :thinking:

Wolf
10-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Do they block the imatexan accounts? :thinking:

I tried to get in along time ago but never go approved (with an imatexan account) so I left it at that.. no big loss for me

Wolf
10-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I also think they need to start VY or cut him now. They aren't going to keep him next year unless he turns his entire game/career around with only 10 weeks left, so why keep him if he is so bad he isn't even worth giving a start when your 0-6 and circling the drain. It can't be helping team chemistry having your highest paid player do nothing for you. Remember, we had Carr for 5 years, we know how much it sucks to pay top$$ for garbage.

agreed
I think if they had plans for VY , he would have started already a few week ago..