PDA

View Full Version : Excellent quote from a future Hall of Famer

TheRealJoker
10-04-2009, 08:01 PM
(on the team running more and throwing less in this game) "Well, that's fine; whatever we need to do to win. I told him (head coach Gary Kubiak) that myself when we were talking on the sidelines. I just told him, ‘Coach, whatever we need to do to win football games, then that's all I care about.'

- Andre Johnson after today's game

What a special player, the city of Houston is lucky to have this guy on its football team!!!

TheRealJoker
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
(on why they were having that discussion) "Receivers sometimes get frustrated because they don't get six, seven, eight balls a game. Today, I only had two. He came over and was like, ‘hey buddy, we're going to get the ball to you.' I just said, ‘Coach, you know I'm not worried about that. I just want to do whatever I need to do to help the team win games.' Because we went out and ran the ball forty-something times and I only had two catches, I'm not worried about that. I'm just excited about the win we got today."

barrett
10-04-2009, 09:55 PM
That really stood out to me in the quotes as well. Such a fine fine player.

barrett
10-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh yeah, and this one too:

"That's what I like about it. You have a bunch of guys that can make plays. We ran one play where I ran a post route, and when I ran the route, I just busted out laughing because O.D. (TE Owen Daniels) was just running across the field wide open. So we've got a lot of guys that can make plays for us. That's what's great about the offense."

I can see him turning and looking back as Open Daniels crosses over the middle in my replay. I gave a little chuckle myself!

SAMURAITEXAN
10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
A GREAT MAN.

Go Texans!!!

texanhead08
10-05-2009, 12:35 AM
They knew the Raiders offense was so bad that as long as we protected the football there was no way in hell we could lose this game. I credit the coachs for not even thinking of throwing it in the second half.