PDA

View Full Version : Man, this place is DEAD.

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 03:44 PM
A loss? 500 posts in 10 minutes. A win? *crickets*

Guess we know what kind of fans we have. :stirpot:

AnthonyE
10-04-2009, 03:46 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing. Usually, I come in after the game to read what some of ya'll think. Instead, I'm finding old posts from 3 hours ago.

Khari
10-04-2009, 03:46 PM
maybe they are at the game........or maybe they just don't get too excited at beating a horrible team

:spin:

CTWade
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
People are quiet when they are happy. They are vocal when they are not. Just the way it is.

Besides, most of TT is at Reliant right now having a good time. It will pick up later.

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
maybe they are at the game........or maybe they just don't get too excited at beating a horrible team

Theres no one to pink soap or fire this week, so theres no new threads :) Thats my thought

:rake:

MojoMan
10-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Everyone is basking in the glow of a Texan's victory.

Just taking it all in with a big smile, and a mild sense of euphoria.

kiwitexansfan
10-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Everyone is basking in the glow of a Texan's victory.

Just taking it all in with a big smile, and a mild sense of euphoria.

That glow seems pretty dull... beating a terrible team, not much offensive production especially on the ground, not much to get excited about and nothing to criticise because how do you judge playing against a team that bad.

eriadoc
10-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I still see lots of things that worry me, but why ***** after a win?

Also, the game was won at the half, so the second half gave everyone time to chill. If it would have been a tight game and a win, there would have been more posts (see: Titans game).

MojoMan
10-04-2009, 03:58 PM
That glow seems pretty dull... beating a terrible team, not much offensive production especially on the ground, not much to get excited about and nothing to criticise because how do you judge playing against a team that bad.

The Texans could have fallen to 1-3 with a loss this week to the Raiders.

I for one am going to enjoy the victory and bask in the aftermath of it as much as I can.

awtysst
10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I think many of the people are at the game. For those of us not at the game, I think some of us are enjoying the victory while others have needed to get back to other activities that need our attention.

rollinstone18
10-04-2009, 04:01 PM
i made the same point after the tennessee victory.

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll get excited when we can put together 3-4 wins in a roll, not just 1-2.

Consistency.

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Its depressing when the "No Spin Zone" gets 10x the posts during the game than the "Texans Talk" section

MojoMan
10-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Its depressing when the "No Spin Zone" gets 10x the posts during the game than the "Texans Talk" section

LOL.

That did not happen.

Very funny though.

Hervoyel
10-04-2009, 04:09 PM

I had no intention of watching the game today but a lot of what I had planned to do instead ended up washing out so I found myself on the couch as the game started. Here's what I think (even after a 29-6 win)

It was the Raiders.

Steve Slaton still isn't right but then neither is our run blocking so it all kind of runs together.

Ever notice that whenever the other team has an obvious 3rd and long the Texans bring 4 and no more. That seems like almost every single time. Today I saw a play where we were going to bring the house and were really getting after Russell and then when they went for it on 4th and 9 (if memory serves) we went back to bringing 4 and of course they converted. I also couldn't help but notice that a flat-footed and obviously lost Fred Bennett was standing in front of the receiver acting like he wasn't totally aware of the fact that he was at a football game.

It's a good thing that the defense and special teams didn't take a cue from the offense and go to sleep after halftime. That crap will work against the Raiders who are mired in some kind of unbelievable bad mojo but any good team is going to come back from being down 20-6 if we take the entire second half off on offense.

Matt Schaub is having a very good year statistically but I know why he's going to be catching it all year long regardless. I'm not being a hater or anything but damn that man looks awkward and inept playing QB. Yes, he most certainly has better pocket awareness than David Carr did. No, that doesn't really help him much. Today the man looked kind of hungover or something. I was never mad though when he opted not to try and get extra yards or to move the chains. He could be lost for the season trying to get another cup of Gatorade so I don't want him doing anything that intentionally seeks out contact.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have a coach like Cable. The guy looks like a child molester who can't remember where he parked his car for most of the game. Makes Kubiak look like Bill Walsh in comparison.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we have better receivers than the Raiders do. Those guys dropped more passes today than I think I've ever seen one team drop in a single game. It's almost like they're trying to run Russell out of town.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have JaMarcus Russell hanging around our necks like the Raiders do. Vince Young looks reasonable in comparison to this guy. Russell will be out of football in two more years.

Oh yeah, and Jacoby is still, and probably always will be feast or famine.

I can't enjoy this victory. It was over nobody. Our offense shouldn't go into the tank like it does for long periods of time and I predict that they'll start slow against Arizona as well. Hope our defense picked up a little confidence this week. They're going to need it. Fitz and Boldin don't drop passes all day like these chumps did.

brakos82
10-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I just got back from Soldier Field... so when do we get that many exuberant fans in Reliant? :thinking:

Wolf
10-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I am happy that we won. but let's get real. The Texans played a team that they should have pummeled and finally did what they were expected to do.

I would expect that if we lost to this team, "firing" threads would have surfaced (just like last week)

I can't get too worked up after this game. Let's put a string of wins together against some opponents and hopefully see this place light up

I don't know about y'all. This team has had so many ups and downs that it is hard to get over excited an wins at this point

I loved the defensive play today.. Cardinals are going to bring a challenge to this defense that we haven't seen before this season

I never expected the defense to hold an opponent to 6 points this season :clap::scarygirl:

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I guess what worries me most of all about next week is that the Raiders passing game was absolutely shut down because their receivers dropped passes and their QB over threw open guys. Very infrequently did I see a Texan player actually make a good play on a ball. Warner to Fitzgerald is going to be tougher than JaMarcus to DHB or Louis Murphy

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM
I had no intention of watching the game today but a lot of what I had planned to do instead ended up washing out so I found myself on the couch as the game started. Here's what I think (even after a 29-6 win)

It was the Raiders.

Steve Slaton still isn't right but then neither is our run blocking so it all kind of runs together.

Ever notice that whenever the other team has an obvious 3rd and long the Texans bring 4 and no more. That seems like almost every single time. Today I saw a play where we were going to bring the house and were really getting after Russell and then when they went for it on 4th and 9 (if memory serves) we went back to bringing 4 and of course they converted. I also couldn't help but notice that a flat-footed and obviously lost Fred Bennett was standing in front of the receiver acting like he wasn't totally aware of the fact that he was at a football game.

It's a good thing that the defense and special teams didn't take a cue from the offense and go to sleep after halftime. That crap will work against the Raiders who are mired in some kind of unbelievable bad mojo but any good team is going to come back from being down 20-6 if we take the entire second half off on offense.

Matt Schaub is having a very good year statistically but I know why he's going to be catching it all year long regardless. I'm not being a hater or anything but damn that man looks awkward and inept playing QB. Yes, he most certainly has better pocket awareness than David Carr did. No, that doesn't really help him much. Today the man looked kind of hungover or something. I was never mad though when he opted not to try and get extra yards or to move the chains. He could be lost for the season trying to get another cup of Gatorade so I don't want him doing anything that intentionally seeks out contact.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have a coach like Cable. The guy looks like a child molester who can't remember where he parked his car for most of the game. Makes Kubiak look like Bill Walsh in comparison.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we have better receivers than the Raiders do. Those guys dropped more passes today than I think I've ever seen one team drop in a single game. It's almost like they're trying to run Russell out of town.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have JaMarcus Russell hanging around our necks like the Raiders do. Vince Young looks reasonable in comparison to this guy. Russell will be out of football in two more years.

Oh yeah, and Jacoby is still, and probably always will be feast or famine.

I can't enjoy this victory. It was over nobody. Our offense shouldn't go into the tank like it does for long periods of time and I predict that they'll start slow against Arizona as well. Hope our defense picked up a little confidence this week. They're going to need it. Fitz and Boldin don't drop passes all day like these chumps did.

You must spread the rep...

I'll get ya some time though.

PapaL
10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Personally I'm just sick of the flip flopping, the crying, the fire <insert name here> and the ridiculous threads that have been popping up. As a result, I've just stayed away.

Mr. White
10-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah and we thought all our problems were solved after the Tennessee game too.

I'm not ready to get the Kool-Aid out just yet.

texasguy346
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM

As others have said when you beat a terrible team it sort of takes the fun out of a win. We should expect to win these games yet going into this week our fans sounded an awful lot like Raiders fans "Well I hope we play a good game but I think the (Insert opposing teams name here) will win this one". Our wins have come against the Titans and Raiders who have a combined record of (1-7). Four of our next five games are on the road, and these games will tell us a ton about how good or bad our team is going to be this year. We'll be facing some offenses that can keep pace with our offense (Arizona, Indy, Cincy), and we'll be facing some tough defenses also (Buffalo, SF).

dtran04
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM
This is pretty typical message board behavior. People like to whine/complain more than give praise. If the Texans had somehow lost, the servers probably would have crashed from all of the traffic.

False Start
10-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I like a win no matter what, but a win over a good team does make it better though. People love to complain, that what the internet was invented for. :heh:

NitroGSXR
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
It also seemed to be really empty at the stadium today. Many many seats did not get filled up. I sit up high (600s) in the stadium but on the second row of that section. The entire row in front of me was empty the whole game. The entire front row!

Looking around the stadium... what a crock of horsecrap the Texans throw at you with their "celebrating 75 (or whatever it was) straight sold out games" thing during the 2nd quarter. The stadium was nowhere near capacity. Nowhere. We'd probably give Jacksonville a run for their money if we cramped them fans together and see who could tarp the most sections today.

Also, the fans seemed to be a bit feeble today. I think the loss last week took the wind out of us. I came in today saying "yeah yeah yeah it's just the Raiders..." It just did not seem to be as rocking. People were leaving in droves in the middle of the third quarter. Say what? Really?

We should have thumped them 56-0. Minimum. We suck balls this year and winning against losing teams means nothing. Don't give me that "but the Titans are the strongest 0-3 (now 0-4) team in the NFL" crap. It's all about your record. Teams who dismantle losers are usually the first to exit the playoffs... I guess.... call me when we thump the Colts. Until then...

*snore*

Wolf
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
This is pretty typical message board behavior. People like to whine/complain more than give praise. If the Texans had somehow lost, the servers probably would have crashed from all of the traffic.

while I agree, but the Texans shouldn't lose to the Raiders but they make it interesting from week to week.. next week who knows if Jekyl or Hyde will show up

Silver Oak
10-04-2009, 05:19 PM
damn...hard to enjoy wins around here!

Mr. White
10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
while I agree, but the Texans shouldn't lose to the Raiders but they make it interesting from week to week.. next week who knows if Jekyl or Hyde will show up

I'm seeing a pattern. Seems like when their backs are against the wall, then we get Jeckyll.

After the Jeckyll bounce-back occurs, then they lose their sense of urgency and we end up with Hyde.

powerfuldragon
10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
or mabye we were drinkign

euro-Texan
10-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I noticed the empty stadium in the 3rd quarter today. Man I only wish I could get stationed back home or have the chance to be at reliant on Sunday.

LonerATO
10-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I was in Dallas the last few days, but caught the 4th qtr when I got home. I personally dont post often after a win, as it fills me with happiness and joy for the rest of the week. I get pissed and want to vent when the Texans lose.

Wolf
10-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Personally I'm just sick of the flip flopping, the crying, the fire <insert name here> and the ridiculous threads that have been popping up. As a result, I've just stayed away.

I hate them too when they pop up. The threads and the way this team plays .... the ying and the yang .. they balance out it seems

team plays with no emotion ----threads pop up with a lot of emotion
team plays with emotion------- threads don't have much emotion

they balance out :goodbad:

gtexan02
10-04-2009, 05:27 PM

Exactly. When the team you are cheering for is the Texans, a win is a win. We can just as easily beat the defending superbowl champions as the lowly Lions. We have a ton of talent and no consistency. Every time the "good texans" show up, its a move in the right direction. Don't give me this "its not exciting because we should have won" garbage. Any given Sunday applies more with this team than with any other

TheRealJoker
10-04-2009, 05:29 PM
The fanbase is frustrated with the lack of consistency and rightfully so...

4 of our next 5 games are on the road. This is a good time to surprise your fanbase and come out of this stretch with a winning record going into the bye week. Do that and I can guarantee that the fans will blow the retractable roof off of Reliant Stadium like they were the second coming of Hurricane Ike when we play our Monday Night Football game against the Tennessee Titans!!!

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 05:32 PM

4 of our next 5 games are on the road. This is a good time to surprise your fanbase and come out of this stretch with a winning record going into the bye week. Do that and I can guarantee that the fans will blow the retractable roof off of Reliant Stadium like they were the second coming of Hurricane Ike when we play our Monday Night Football game against the Tennessee Titans!!!

:goodpost:

Rep...

Wolf
10-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I cant imagine what the ICOU websites are doing.. crashed by now?

:lol:

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I cant imagine what the ICOU websites are doing.. crashed by now?

:lol:

ICOU websites???

hradhak
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Well the Houston fans won't come out until we start winning and say that they were always there from the beginning. I love Houston, but we have some of the most fair weather fans I've ever seen.

Wolf
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM

nice post

I have been burned by coming into work the last few years... whistling and humming and excited about the Texans (I never rubbed it in) but only to find the next week. coworkers coming up and saying "what happened this week?" and I got nothing

anyway 2-2 :texans:

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Well the Houston fans won't come out until we start winning and say that they were always there from the beginning. I love Houston, but we have some of the most fair weather fans I've ever seen.

When you're used to getting smacked in the mouth every other time you run into a particular guy, you get a little gun-shy...especially when you know from experience it's coming due.

Wolf
10-04-2009, 05:41 PM

I don't know .. if fair weather is what you call them... Texans have had support since the beginning and still do esp for a team with the w-l track record that we have ... I feel that the fans are about as fair weathered as the consistency of the teams play over the years

I don't know.. I feel fair weathered fans are once that stick with the team when it is winning division games, going to playoffs and such and then when they are down .. no one sticks around then ...and in our case we have fans that are sticking around without the "perks" of a winning franchise .. so far

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't know .. if fair weather is what you call them... Texans have had support since the beginning and still do esp for a team with the w-l track record that we have ... I feel that the fans are about as fair weathered as the consistency of the teams play over the years

I don't know.. I feel fair weathered fans are once that stick with the team when it is winning division games, going to playoffs and such and then when they are down .. no one sticks around then ...and in our case we have fans that are sticking around without the "perks" of a winning franchise .. so far

Wish I could rep ya again...

hradhak
10-04-2009, 05:48 PM

Well I suppose I should clarify. We have a good core set of supportive fans but they are small in number and our view is skewed since most lurk on this board, but the vast majority of Houston won't jump on the band wagon until we get to a playoff game.

NitroGSXR
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Well I suppose I should clarify. We have a good core set of supportive fans but they are small in number and our view is skewed since most lurk on this board, but the vast majority of Houston won't jump on the band wagon until we get to a playoff game.

I agree with this post.

People... just take one gander at the seats during your DVR'd game. It was ridiculous how empty it was.

SheTexan
10-04-2009, 06:02 PM
damn...hard to enjoy wins around here!

Ain't that the truth! All that matters at the end of the day is the score that's on the board. Good team, bad team, makes no difference. A WIN is a WIN!! Enjoy!!! Quit bitching!

I was excited to get home from the game, log on the the MB, and read some happy thoughts. But, as usual, this board is loaded with fans who choose to have negative, woe is me, attitudes. I perfer to enjoy the win and think positive thoughts. But, that's just me.

Also, Reliant rocked!! The fans were loud, excited, and supportive. JMO!! The stadium was not full, but, it was not half empty either. It was a nasty day and traffic problems everywhere. Kudo's to the fans that showed up on time and gave our team postivie support. Sit back, drink a beer or something, and just enjoy the day. So much better than this time last week. JMO!

Wolf
10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Ain't that the truth! All that matters at the end of the day is the score that's on the board. Good team, bad team, makes no difference. A WIN is a WIN!! Enjoy!!! Quit bitching!

I was excited to get home from the game, log on the the MB, and read some happy thoughts. But, as usual, this board is loaded with fans who choose to have negative, woe is me, attitudes. I perfer to enjoy the win and think positive thoughts. But, that's just me.

Also, Reliant rocked!! The fans were loud, excited, and supportive. JMO!! The stadium was not full, but, it was not half empty either. It was a nasty day and traffic problems everywhere. Kudo's to the fans that showed up on time and gave our team postivie support. Sit back, drink a beer or something, and just enjoy the day. So much better than this time last week. JMO!

I don't think my blood pressure has been this low in a long time after a Texans game :smiliedance:

disaacks3
10-04-2009, 06:08 PM

*ding, ding, ding* we have a winnah! Glad to be home, we actually enjoyed some post-game tailgating for a change!

Blake
10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
What do you want? People to flock to the MB and sing praises about the team beating the Oakland Raiders? The team, coaches or players will get its praises where due, and the game will be dissected and evaluated, but just not right away.

People come here after losses to vent. People do not need to come here after a single victory to sing praises.

Norg
10-04-2009, 07:07 PM
after getting rained on got back home tired so just wanted to lay in bed and watch dallas lose !!!!! and some recaps but iam HERE !!!

Lucky
10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Matt Schaub is having a very good year statistically but I know why he's going to be catching it all year long regardless. I'm not being a hater or anything but damn that man looks awkward and inept playing QB. Yes, he most certainly has better pocket awareness than David Carr did. No, that doesn't really help him much. Today the man looked kind of hungover or something.
There was definitely something hinky about Schaub. I don't know what. Maybe his ankle is still bothering him. Maybe he has the flu (which has apparently hit the Texans hard). But, Schaub has a better arm than he showed today. He has better athleticism than he showed today. I'm not suggesting that Schaub has a great arm or is a great athlete. Just that he is better than this.

Yes, it was the Raiders the Texans beat. It was also the Raiders that beat the Texans in week 16 of '08. At this point, all I am asking for from this team is effort and intensity. I saw effort and intensity. I'll take it.

spurstexanstros
10-04-2009, 07:13 PM
you should see the mainsite...the guys who spent the last week ripping the team are now praising them. bunch of YO-YOs they are up then down then really up then really down.

Norg
10-04-2009, 07:18 PM
last wk was with the jags i knew we where in for a fight and just came up short

from here on in if any texans fan thinks a divison game will be a Chalk up win yall are crazy

powerfuldragon
10-04-2009, 07:27 PM
you should see the mainsite...the guys who spent the last week ripping the team are now praising them. bunch of YO-YOs they are up then down then really up then really down.

uff... i hate that mb now... every time i'm there to read threads i find myself wishing there was a dismissive wanking motion smiley...

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
last wk was with the jags i knew we where in for a fight and just came up short

from here on in if any texans fan thinks a divison game will be a Chalk up win yall are crazy

I truly believed the coaching scenario would weigh much much heavier on the Colts than it has...speaks a lot for their talent, and organization.

I also thought that our biggest concern was going to be the Titans...what the turn-about speaks for is unclear for me at this point.

I also believe that if we would get some consistency between games AND players, then we are, and quite possibly would be, in for a very special year indeed.

Time will tell.

GlassHalfFull
10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I am with She Texan (go Grandma), we were at the game and had a blast. I came here to see what people were saying. Ya know what, we won today. Enjoy it!

This is the NFL, I am watching NFL network right now and there are lots of fans who are pretty disappointed with their teams today. Let's be happy that we can celebrate today.

Hey, enjoy our win and the Titans record.

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 07:31 PM
...the Titans record.

I like what is cooking in Turdland. :roast:

Edit: Referring to the team, not the State or the people. :)

swtbound07
10-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Me? I drive 30 minutes every sunday to go to my brother in laws. He has sunday ticket. We split the cost, so I get texans games on half of the big screen. I was happy after the win. Slaton scored twice! Our defense got to take a bye week. Hopefully they will be rested when they play a real offense.

I came home, got the chicken out, made my homemade bbq sauce, and set the food up to marinate for a couple of hours. Then I took a couple of vikes and took a 2 hour nap. Then I went to the store for drinks and plates. Now, I came on here. I can't stop smiling. We got a W this week. Do we still have problems? Sure. But we will have plenty of time to hash that out on our next loss. Thats what crappy loss weeks are for. Being a fan is an emotional thing. For me, sundays are about watching the games, texting my fellow texans fans, cheering when we win, and being sad when we lose. I enjoy the good weeks. I'll be right there with you for the bad. Trust that. But for now..I've got a warm feeling in my stomach, a relaxed state of mind, and a week to gloat over my doctor friend in Oakland. What else could a man ask for?

Until next week, this has been SWT

Drive safe yall

Buffi2
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm going to chime in agreement with SheTexan. I was at the game and was surprised to see that many people there considering the weather and weather forecast. Even the Raider fan sitting next to me was in a good mood.

I intend to spend the rest of the evening enjoying the win - any win works for me. The Titans loss doesn't hurt either. All in all - a good day to be a Texan fan.

HouSportsWriter
10-04-2009, 08:07 PM
:pop:Personally I'm just sick of the flip flopping, the crying, the fire <insert name here> and the ridiculous threads that have been popping up. As a result, I've just stayed away.

any one else think hes talking about me....

swtbound07
10-04-2009, 08:10 PM
:pop:

any one else think hes talking about me....

I don't think anyone here thinks about you unless someone writes a poorly structured paragraph with lax grammar.

Kaiser Toro
10-04-2009, 08:38 PM
We got the result, that is all counts for me. I don't care about aesthetics any longer with this team.

I thought Quin, Cushing and A. Davis were very good today. This team needs all three squads to make plays, and Andre Davis makes us a lot better on ST.

Certainly loved seeing something positive from A. Smith.

Slaton needs more touches in space as we get our running game squared away.

Moats needs more touches, it made the running game tick and provided Slaton a sense of urgency.

Amobi's holding call was stupid and lazy.

Mario looked different coming around the edge today, almost violent and offensive. Not sure if it was technique, the tackle taking a submissive position, or the second hand smoke from ACL last night, but he looked determined to bring some pain.

Cushing gets his share of oohs and ahs in mop up work by closing down the action. But let's face it, he is around the action all the time. The crowd is starting to take to him, and we are seeing our first personality to develop on the defense since I have been a fan of the Texans. I still have concerns, but will harp on them another day as I am enjoying the attitude.

Turk was on fire today.

I only caught the capture of the fan. Did anyone see it?

imatexan
10-04-2009, 08:50 PM
It also seemed to be really empty at the stadium today. Many many seats did not get filled up. I sit up high (600s) in the stadium but on the second row of that section. The entire row in front of me was empty the whole game. The entire front row!

Looking around the stadium... what a crock of horsecrap the Texans throw at you with their "celebrating 75 (or whatever it was) straight sold out games" thing during the 2nd quarter. The stadium was nowhere near capacity. Nowhere. We'd probably give Jacksonville a run for their money if we cramped them fans together and see who could tarp the most sections today.

Also, the fans seemed to be a bit feeble today. I think the loss last week took the wind out of us. I came in today saying "yeah yeah yeah it's just the Raiders..." It just did not seem to be as rocking. People were leaving in droves in the middle of the third quarter. Say what? Really?

We should have thumped them 56-0. Minimum. We suck balls this year and winning against losing teams means nothing. Don't give me that "but the Titans are the strongest 0-3 (now 0-4) team in the NFL" crap. It's all about your record. Teams who dismantle losers are usually the first to exit the playoffs... I guess.... call me when we thump the Colts. Until then...

*snore*

It was not that empty, I have pictures of the crowd and Im sure Bullpen photos will as well.
I did notice that it was not as crowded as usual and the fans were not into it at first but got into it once we started getting TDs.

The facts about the game:
WE KILLED an NFL team!
Or Defense looked good!
Our special Teams looked good!
Our offense looked good!
The Raiders are HORRIBLE!

The Texans got a blowout win which is always nice being a Texans fan.
At 2-2 we are in the thick of the playoff race again with a chance to prove ourself over the next few weeks.
Great game and I can't wait until next weeks game!

Kaiser Toro
10-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I was estimating 2/3 full while at the game.

Showtime100
10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Speaking for myself, I wasn't near my computer all game and was busy all day after the game as well. I was privileged to see to see the game and I haven't stopped smiling since. Since my day following the game wasn't designed for fun but instead "visiting" aunt's and uncle's at my folks house I was wishing I was home and here on the board. Sounds horrible but true.

Sometimes we all can't be here win or lose, but next week when only a lucky few will be in Arizona I suspect it could be SRO here. Great game today, I praise my team gladly. :splits:

NitroGSXR
10-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I was estimating 2/3 full while at the game.

Exactly. Even if it was 3/4 full.... I felt it to be ridiculous to call it a sell out. Fans didn't want to be there.

Showtime100
10-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Exactly. Even if it was 3/4 full.... I felt it to be ridiculous to call it a sell out. Fans didn't want to be there.

Isn't that the corporate folks section? I saw that on TV and thought maybe they decided free tickets weren't enough if it meant walking a few yards in the rain. Just what I thought during the game.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/thsmileyNtherain.gif

NitroGSXR
10-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Isn't that the corporate folks section? I saw that on TV and thought maybe they decided free tickets weren't enough if it meant walking a few yards in the rain. Just what I thought during the game.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/thsmileyNtherain.gif

The entire front row in my section was NOT there. I've gotten to know the three 'groups' who sit there after the first three games. Three separate groups did not come to this one at all. It was like that all over the stadium. The only sections that I noticed were packed were the Gridiron midfields and the bullpen. There were a LOT of voids all around. I think 2/3 full is a pretty good guess. Even at 1/4 full is dismissal and unacceptable for the Texans to go flaunting that it's another 'sellout'. Many people did not come to this game.

Vinny
10-05-2009, 10:35 AM

You're misguided. Fans bitching about the fans in a win at home right after a game is weak at best. I can only speak for myself but after a home win I'm way more social than I am after a home loss so I mingle more and don't go right home. After a win I have very little urge to run to a computer and sit by myself....It takes me several hours just to make it home, and I generally go watch the late game with some local friends. After a home loss I'm grumpier and more solitary and don't mind sitting by myself at a computer talking about what sucks about one of the rare home games (we only get 8 of them) we get each year. Road games are different. We get more reaction (good and bad). You guys really should stop bitching about the fans and enjoy the win. It's weak stuff...that's what the kids do at the .com.

BigBull17
10-05-2009, 10:43 AM
You're misguided. Fans bitching about the fans in a win at home right after a game is weak at best. I can only speak for myself but after a home win I'm way more social than I am after a home loss so I mingle more and don't go right home. After a win I have very little urge to run to a computer and sit by myself....It takes me several hours just to make it home, and I generally go watch the late game with some local friends. After a home loss I'm grumpier and more solitary and don't mind sitting by myself at a computer talking about what sucks about one of the rare home games (we only get 8 of them) we get each year. Road games are different. We get more reaction (good and bad). You guys really should stop bitching about the fans and enjoy the win. It's weak stuff...that's what the kids do at the .com.

Couldn't agree more. I don't even watch the other games when we lose. When we win, I get just a little more tanked, eat a lil more BBQ, and enjoy the day. I hang with my Fiance longer, c ause when we lose, I don't want to take my bad mood out on her.

gtexan02
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM

Sheesh, it was meant lightly. I included the pot stirring SMILIE and the lighthearted ribbing in the thread to specifically avoid this problem. Its a well known fact that fans like to complain more than they like to celebrate. Ive been around for years, and this was the least (or close to the least) action Ive ever seen after a game. No need to get defensive about your fanhood

Vinny
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Sheesh, it was meant lightly. I included the pot stirring SMILIE and the lighthearted ribbing in the thread to specifically avoid this problem. Its a well known fact that fans like to complain more than they like to celebrate. Ive been around for years, and this was the least (or close to the least) action Ive ever seen after a game. No need to get defensive about your fanhood I'm not defensive...I'm just telling it like it is. That and I see a crapload of this stuff over at the .com and don't want this place turning into that. Everyone's on some kinda 'My fandom can beat up your fandom' trip. It ruins mb's

HOU-TEX
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Can I complain and celebrate at the same time? :thinking:

There was enough in this game for both, the we suck club and the sunshine club to discuss. Out front 7 did well against a bad offense, but our secondary is still a major weakness.

Our running game still stinks, but an early passing game and special teams looked good.

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm not defensive...I'm just telling it like it is. That and I see a crapload of this stuff over at the .com and don't want this place turning into that. Everyone's on some kinda 'My fandom can beat up your fandom' trip. It ruins mb's

A win is like eating a good dinner , you just want to relax , kickback and enjoy it for awhile . A loss is dissapointing to say the least . You can sit and stew over it or you can vent on the MB .

SheTexan
10-05-2009, 11:14 AM

Those seats always look empty. The "suits" are to busy talking shop at the bar! I bet most of them didn't even know who we were playing.

DerekLee1
10-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I noticed the empty stadium in the 3rd quarter today. Man I only wish I could get stationed back home or have the chance to be at reliant on Sunday.

Being empty in the 3rd quarter is not THAT surprising, considering alcohol sales end after the 3rd, which means everybody's up getting drinks while they can. What bothered me is that at the start of the 4th, we were still pretty full, but by midway it was almost completely empty.

REALLY? You people can't even stay to savor a VICTORY? I love my city and my team, and while there are a few hundred exceptions, in general, Houston fans suck.

Yankee_In_TX
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I did all my complaining at the tailgate :)

mexican_texan
10-05-2009, 09:06 PM
It was pretty easy for me to write something about the game last week. Not so much this time around.