PDA

View Full Version : The turnaround begins today

Htownsportsfan
10-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Last year I was given a camo Texans hat to wear as my lucky hat during hunting season and the 2nd half of the NFL season. It turns out the hat was not just lucky in the field but was also lucky for the Texans on the field. Over the summer the hat disappeared and my luck and the Texans swagger along with it. I have turned my house upside down several times to no avail Yesterday my wife insisted I paint our laundry room as it had reached an embarrassing state. All my protests about it being Saturday and a college football Saturday at that bounce of her like P-buc off a ball carrier. But as fate would have it my compliance was rewarded as when I puled our washer and dryer out to paint the walls there she lay. A glow emanating from her like the glow from Marcellus's box in Pulp Fiction, my lucky Texans hat! A little worse for wear as it had become part of a large ball of lint and golden retriever fur but still projecting its air of confidence. A few hours later and some TLC and she is back on my bald head and ready for todays victory over the Raiders. In celebration of the return of my hat and the impending Texans victory I have marinated an 8 lb bone in Prime rib and shall celebrate with a feast of beef and spirits followed up; with some spousal liberties. So be prepared to avert your eyes from section 514 as the glow from that section on the first TD could be blinding!

All is right in the world again! (well not all)

Go Texans!

HouSportsWriter
10-04-2009, 09:37 AM
5 $ for your lucky hat =o

Texan Asylum
10-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I wish we had consistency instead of luck.

OzzO
10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
We'll take all the karma we can have. Not sure what I did differently during last season's turnaround to contribute. Good hunting, Htown!

euro-Texan
10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Last year I was given a camo Texans hat to wear as my lucky hat during hunting season and the 2nd half of the NFL season. It turns out the hat was not just lucky in the field but was also lucky for the Texans on the field. Over the summer the hat disappeared and my luck and the Texans swagger along with it. I have turned my house upside down several times to no avail Yesterday my wife insisted I paint our laundry room as it had reached an embarrassing state. All my protests about it being Saturday and a college football Saturday at that bounce of her like P-buc off a ball carrier. But as fate would have it my compliance was rewarded as when I puled our washer and dryer out to paint the walls there she lay. A glow emanating from her like the glow from Marcellus's box in Pulp Fiction, my lucky Texans hat! A little worse for wear as it had become part of a large ball of lint and golden retriever fur but still projecting its air of confidence. A few hours later and some TLC and she is back on my bald head and ready for todays victory over the Raiders. In celebration of the return of my hat and the impending Texans victory I have marinated an 8 lb bone in Prime rib and shall celebrate with a feast of beef and spirits followed up; with some spousal liberties. So be prepared to avert your eyes from section 514 as the glow from that section on the first TD could be blinding!

Go Texans!

Thank God! I was thinking this was all on our defense.

False Start
10-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I wear my Dale Jr. camo hat during all Texans games. I wear it frontwards on offense, and backwards on defense. I didn't wear it last week, I wore my red Texans hat, and we lost. The hat is 10-2 so far, I will definitely be wearing it today. :cool:

HouSportsWriter
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Thank God! I was thinking this was all on our defense.

:goodpost:

GP
10-04-2009, 11:56 AM
We lose every time I wear my Battle Red #80 jersey.

It didn't even make it out of the drawer this morning. Still there. And will stay.

euro-Texan
10-04-2009, 05:11 PM

Go Texans!

Take care of that hat

Fox
10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
We lose every time I wear my Battle Red #80 jersey.

It didn't even make it out of the drawer this morning. Still there. And will stay.

Ditto, wtf.

OzzO
10-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Last year I was given a camo Texans hat ...

.... and where did you place the hat after this game? (Make sure you bookmark this thread so you can find it again next week.)

Norg
10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
naaa all i good when we beat Indy ... untill then all bets are offf if we cant beat indy we are not going to the playoffs and even if we do guess what we will prob see Indy in the playoffs ........

swtbound07
10-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Ditto, wtf.

I try to match jersey color with the texans. Some sundays i just end up in my texans sweatshirt and hat when i cant find a clean jersey. We kick ass so far this year in my white demeco jersey. We get blown away in my blue andre jersey. We lose to the jags in my red andre jersey. We pummel the raiders in my sweatshirt.

By the way, is there a way to know what jerseys we wear on what sundays? I have to just take a guess, and most of the time i'm wrong.

houstonhurricane
10-04-2009, 08:22 PM
The next two games are the season (even though they are non-divisional, and one is non-conference).

Obviously, going 2-4 would kill our season, but 3-3 would be just fine - at least for now. If somehow we pull out a 4-2 record with two straight wins on the road, the we are really in business...

brakos82
10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
By the way, is there a way to know what jerseys we wear on what sundays? I have to just take a guess, and most of the time i'm wrong.

There's a list on the Texans page somewhere for the home games. On the road I just assume white.

Fox
10-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I try to match jersey color with the texans. Some sundays i just end up in my texans sweatshirt and hat when i cant find a clean jersey. We kick ass so far this year in my white demeco jersey. We get blown away in my blue andre jersey. We lose to the jags in my red andre jersey. We pummel the raiders in my sweatshirt.

Yea I figured it'd be appropriate to wear my battle red #80 when we played the Jags and as usual we lost when I wore it. Today I get outta work late and don't wear any Texans gear and we spank them. I think I'm gonna give the Texans gear a rest on Sundays for a while and see what happens. :splits: