PDA

View Full Version : Steve Wyche picks Raiders

TheRealJoker
10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Just watching NFL Network and heard Steve Wyche say he picks the Raiders because Assomougha can stop AJ and the Texans dont do a good job of pressuring the QB. Combined with the Raiders running game, Russell should be able to have a good day against the Texans and the Raiders should come out with the win.

Vinny
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
not so shocking, they beat us last year and even Russell can beat you if you don't pressure him.

Blake
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Sounds like he is basing his answer off last years game tape. But I wouldnt put money on either team.

hellbentforfootball
10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
We probably win since it's at home and we're due....but it'll be an ugly win and we definitely don't cover the 9 1/2. The last Texans blow-out was last year vs Cincy and this DEF doesnt resemble that DEF in any way, shape or form.

False Start
10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
If we lose to the Raiders, it wouldn't surprise me one bit the way they have been playing. I think they will win, but then again I said that last week. :gun:

Ryan
10-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I hate being favored, against any team. That being said, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us lose to the Raiders. Everyone is saying how bad Russell is and stuff, and i figure he'll make us look like fools because supposedly every bad QB we go up against we make them look like an All-Pro.

m5kwatts
10-02-2009, 06:25 PM
With the way these 2 teams are playing, wouldn't be surprised if it was a tie.

SteveSlaton20
10-02-2009, 06:25 PM
not surprised. i dont think we're gonna win either.

ESAD2-14
10-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I hate being favored, against any team. That being said, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us lose to the Raiders. Everyone is saying how bad Russell is and stuff, and i figure he'll make us look like fools because supposedly every bad QB we go up against we make them look like an All-Pro.

Wasn't Joey Harrington signed to a contract extension when he beat the Texans in 07' or 08 when they played the Falcons? I can't remember (trying to erase it from my memory). There has to be a jobless GM somewhere that gave a bad QB a contract extension when the Texans made him look like an all-pro.

Not at all surprised by this prediction. Until the Texans prove otherwise it is warranted.

Thorn
10-02-2009, 06:45 PM
I don't trust the Texans to do anything but suprise me. Now that can be either good or bad, but it's a fact. I wouldn't put 2 cents on the Texans either way.

That said, I hope we kick the crap out of the Raiders and go on to make the playoffs. :texflag:

cuppacoffee
10-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I feel the same way as the above posters.

Isn't it a sad commentary when the fans of a team have so little confidence in them.

JaMarcus will look like an all pro qb Sunday.

:coffee:

cc_me
10-02-2009, 07:17 PM
You could probably find the same thread on our board, saying the same things, but by Raider fans. It's eerie how these two teams are so much alike. So much wasted talent. Maybe we can call this game the WASTED TALENT BOWL. I hope someday soon both of out teams get it together and stop playing so badly that we are forced to play each other every year like we do now.

FirstTexansFan
10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Texans in a landslide.......everyone jumps back on the wagon :)

b0ng
10-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I still don't understand how we're that favored over any team. When rocking a defense that gives up 200+ yards rushing a game how can you think the score will be so far apart? Russell is bad, but then again, so was Harrington, Brunell, Lemon, etc etc.

Lucky
10-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Any NFL team can beat the Texans if this team doesn't play with passion. As they didn't in the 1st two games at Reliant.

imatexan
10-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I still don't understand how we're that favored over any team. When rocking a defense that gives up 200+ yards rushing a game how can you think the score will be so far apart? Russell is bad, but then again, so was Harrington, Brunell, Lemon, etc etc.

Our offense.

And the Raiders suck.

awtysst
10-02-2009, 10:35 PM
not so shocking, they beat us last year and even Russell can beat you if you don't pressure him.

Very true Vinny. Ryan Leaf could have been a HOF QB if he faced the defense the Texans have put on the field the first three weeks of this season 16 times a year!

Norg
10-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Ill only say we will win because We are the home team and Kubes Usually does good on bounch back games after a loss

ObsiWan
10-03-2009, 12:40 AM
The point spread is 8.5. Wyche should take his @$$ to Vegas and make big bank this week if he's so dang sure.

Double Barrel
10-03-2009, 12:52 AM
For some weird reason, I feel like we're gonna' win.

We are a fumble away from being 2-1, and a lot of folks would've been a little more positive about this game. I think our offense can hang with just about anyone (especially the Raiders right now), and our D just has to man up and have some pride about representing themselves. Is it too much to hope that they quit making so many stupid mistakes and giving up so many big plays?

Besides, this is what a .500 team looks like, and that's what we've been the past two seasons. 2-2 is right on course for 8-8 (which subsequently buys Kubiak & Co. another season).

bckey
10-03-2009, 07:48 AM
We are a fumble away from being 2-1, and a lot of folks would've been a little more positive about this game.

Or you could say we are a Kerry Collins fumble away from being 0-3. Not being negative just pointing it out.

To me beating the Raiders at home will not do much to change the overall image the nfl and the other 31 teams fans have of us. The Texans are supposed to win this game. I believe JRuss is has the worst qb rating in the nfl right now. But like Vinny pointed out if you give even a crappy qb time he will find his receivers. McFadden, Fargas and Bush are really good running backs so I'm pretty sure that is why they are rushing Pollard into the starting lineup.

What scares me about his game is the Texans were on sort of a roll last year when they when to Raiderville and got spanked. The Texans haven't even found any sort of rhythm yet on defense and have given up huge running plays in 5 different games dating back to preseason. If they lose this game the season will pretty much be in the crapper. Everyone will be piling on us and really for good reason. We can't start the season 0-3 at home. We still have to play the 49ers, Titans, Colts, Seahawks and Patriots at home. 4 out of 5 of those remaining home games look tough. We also have road games against the Cardinals, Bengals, Bills, Colts, Jaguars, Rams and Dolphins. The last 3 road games look to be the most winnable but we know there are no gimmies in the nfl.

This is a real critical game. We need this one Texans. Don't go out and lay an egg in this one. Don't give up a 60+ yard running play/plays and don't give Russell time to find open receivers. Play like your lives depend on a victory. And please defense. Don't give up 30 points to the Raiders. Give our offense a chance. Play like you got a pair! Go Texans!:texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
10-03-2009, 08:21 AM
For some weird reason, I feel like we're gonna' win.

We are a fumble away from being 2-1, and a lot of folks would've been a little more positive about this game. I think our offense can hang with just about anyone (especially the Raiders right now), and our D just has to man up and have some pride about representing themselves. Is it too much to hope that they quit making so many stupid mistakes and giving up so many big plays?

Besides, this is what a .500 team looks like, and that's what we've been the past two seasons. 2-2 is right on course for 8-8 (which subsequently buys Kubiak & Co. another season).

Unfortunately, losing teams can reflect on most games to that "one play that got away." If you look at the Titans game, the Tacks could readily point to a play or 2 that would have easily put us at 0-3.

DavidC
10-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Just watching NFL Network and heard Steve Wyche say he picks the Raiders because Assomougha can stop AJ and the Texans dont do a good job of pressuring the QB. Combined with the Raiders running game, Russell should be able to have a good day against the Texans and the Raiders should come out with the win.

I know that Assomougha held AJ in check last year, but I have not heard anyone argue that AJ can have a big game going up against him. Last time I checked AJ was pretty good too, arguably the best receiver in the game. Assomougha is a great corner, and I am sure that he will make plays during the game, but I would be surprised if there was a repeat of last year with AJ basically getting skunked for the game.

This year I think that Schaub will look to establish AJ early. Kevin Walter was on the radio this week talking about Assomougha having really long arms and being able to disrupt timing at the LOS; I just think that AJ can battle through that this year. I am sure that they have watched tape of last year's game and have come up with some schemes to beat the pressure he received. Don't be shocked if AJ goes for 100 yds and a TD this year.

I am still on the fence about who wins this game, and I really think that it depends on the Texans getting their run game going. Whoever controls the clock, provided there are not a lot of turnovers, will win this game. Slaton and Brown need to step up and convert some short yardage 3rd downs to make this happen. I think that the D will be less aggressive this week, and more focused about staying in their lanes to prevent the long run plays.

Close game, but I think that the Texans win 20-14.

Double Barrel
10-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Or you could say we are a Kerry Collins fumble away from being 0-3. Not being negative just pointing it out.

We were leading on the scoreboard when he fumbled.

Unfortunately, losing teams can reflect on most games to that "one play that got away." If you look at the Titans game, the Tacks could readily point to a play or 2 that would have easily put us at 0-3.

Good points that I cannot deny, however, I think the Texans were determined to win that game. The attitude and grit that they displayed that day was unique in that we haven't seen it before or since. They need to bring it every freakin' game if they want a winning record.

HouSportsWriter
10-03-2009, 04:41 PM
and that is why steve is a dumb @ss go texans!

Lucky
10-03-2009, 05:22 PM
The attitude and grit that they displayed that day was unique in that we haven't seen it before or since. They need to bring it every freakin' game if they want a winning record.
Exactly. Forget the poor coaching and leadership the team gets from the sideline. This team has enough talented players to win. If they have the will to win. In that regard, I agree with Bob McNair's assertion that it's on the players. Eventually, these guys have to decide whether they want to be winners or remain losers. And I'm sorry to disappoint all of the fans of the Texans glorious 8-8 seasons. But if you're not winning, you're a loser.

bckey
10-03-2009, 05:25 PM
We were leading on the scoreboard when he fumbled.

Yes we were but all they needed was a field goal to tie and he had a first down close to the 40 or so with 1:30 or so left. Nobody touched him. Collins gave up the football all by himself and secured our victory. I don't think we would have won otherwise.

Double Barrel
10-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Exactly. Forget the poor coaching and leadership the team gets from the sideline. This team has enough talented players to win. If they have the will to win. In that regard, I agree with Bob McNair's assertion that it's on the players. Eventually, these guys have to decide whether they want to be winners or remain losers. And I'm sorry to disappoint all of the fans of the Texans glorious 8-8 seasons. But if you're not winning, you're a loser.

Yep. I do agree about your take regarding it being on the players. Some of the bonehead decisions on the field cannot be pinned to the coaches. Poor tackling and playing out of position is all on the players.

Yes we were but all they needed was a field goal and he had a first down close to the 40 or so with 2 minutes left. Nobody touched him. Collins gave up the football all by himself and secured our victory. I don't think we would have won otherwise.

A FG would have tied the game. Our offense - which was on fire - could have won it in overtime. Acting otherwise is a glass half empty perspective, especially considering the attitude of the team in general that day.

And the clock was at 1:32 when Jeff Zgonina recovered the ball.

euro-Texan
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM

Steve Wyche was *******ing WRONG!!!!!!

TheRealJoker
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I hope Wyche picks against us every week :)