PDA

View Full Version : If you were Coach: Week 4

TimeKiller
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Something's gotta give....The D can't continue in this manner if any success is to be achieved (and ultimately, how people view Kubiak's job and whether or not he retains it)

infantrycak
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I'd have Jacques Reeves getting hypnotized, massaged, drug therapy, whatever it took to get him on the field. I don't think Bennett was closer than 5 yards to a WR last weekend prior to the ball getting to the WR. I'll take the blanket (who fails to look) over the doily at the neighbors house.

TimeKiller
09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I'd tell Bush he's got a week, two at the most to have the D turned completely around.

Also, I'd cut Bennett to send a message: Playing that bad will get you tossed out on the street.

Thorn
09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
i don't see an option for drinking massive amounts of Jack Daniels.

nero THE zero
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
I'd simply continue to toy with the line-up. I wouldn't cut anyone unless we had someone better to replace them with and I definitely wouldn't fire anyone, especially someone so prominent as the DC.

I'd probably bench Okoye in favor of DelJuan, get Reeves on the field in place of Bennett, and start Pollard at SS in favor of Busing/Barber. I'd also be tempted to start Bulman ahead of Smith, or start Bulman at LDE and move Smith down to the 3-tech and play him next to DelJuan. Regardless, I'd get Busing, Barber, Bennett, and Okoye out of the starting line-up.

TheRealJoker
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
If I were coach i'd hope that the GM would go over my head and hire a qualified DC with a track record instead of my friend who was on the same sucky staff of the DC I just fired.

Porky
09-30-2009, 05:32 PM
This is what I would do. :cry2: :cry2:

Goldensilence
09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
I said give Frank Bush a limited period of time to get this Defense together. Problem is I am not sure if there's anyone available outside of the organization to insert in as the DC for the rest of the season at this point. I also don't think there's anyone really worthwhile promoting from inside either though. Can you make an in-season hire from another team?

Might as well start one of the rookies or Molden at CB because Bennett looks like a freshman in college out there. Start Robinson at DT and hope that he provides something that Amobi doesn't and maybe send a message. Might as well start Pollard at safety because even a guy wit ha week in the system can't be worse then what they've fielded at SS this year.

Start giving Caldwell reps at G instead of playing White or Studdard. Who knows it might spark something on that side of the line and help the running game.

Wolf6151
09-30-2009, 05:53 PM
I'd have a good old fashion "come to Jesus" meeting with this team and let them know that continuing to suck will get you fired. This would apply to players and coaches alike. At this meeting and in front of everyone else I'd openly tell players like Bennett, Barber, Jones, and Ferguson that their jobs are on the line. I'd bench Okoye and play Robinson, I'd start Pollard in favor of Busing, and after the meeting I'd drink heavily.

HOU-TEX
09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
I'd go fishin

Runner
09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd do everything I could to get Slaton into the game and get his season jump started. That would help the offense stay powerful and keep the defenses honest.

Speaking of defense, I don't know what the Texans should do at this point...except, as I mentioned above, soup up the offense.

Texan_Bill
09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Option #8 (not listed) Start drinking heavily. :drunk:

Norg
09-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Ask john gruden if he can be our DC LOL he would reject it tho

Bubbajwp
09-30-2009, 07:20 PM
I'd simply continue to toy with the line-up. I wouldn't cut anyone unless we had someone better to replace them with and I definitely wouldn't fire anyone, especially someone so prominent as the DC.

I'd probably bench Okoye in favor of DelJuan, get Reeves on the field in place of Bennett, and start Pollard at SS in favor of Busing/Barber. I'd also be tempted to start Bulman ahead of Smith, or start Bulman at LDE and move Smith down to the 3-tech and play him next to DelJuan. Regardless, I'd get Busing, Barber, Bennett, and Okoye out of the starting line-up.

Boy that gives a new meaning to the killer B's.

I'd also tell Mario Williams to step his game up.

Wolf
09-30-2009, 07:21 PM
only option is keep on keeping on..

if it were the offense struggling ... Kubiak could kick baby shan out and resume the playcalling duties on offense. but due to Kubiak is not a defensive coach, we have no one that is capable to step up within the organization.. It would be different if we had a defensive minded coach and he could pull rank and take over.

I think Bush knows if he doesn't get this thing straightened out, (and kubiak).. he is gone.

Damn you Arizona! If we could have had Bush when we originally started out instead of Smith, who knows who we would have now, but it wouldn't have been the same defense that the horse has recycled twice through it's system..

I hope Bush can turn this around, but I honestly don't see how, all the vanilla blitzes (we don't disguise them well) aren't doing crap

Jags defensive guy said that the coaches simplified things for them before the Texan's game so they could play faster (quote from after last weeks game) .. I don't' know how simple we are doing things now but...
:idonno:

TimeKiller
10-01-2009, 08:23 AM
kind of a scatter shot result. Except no one wants anyone else in the Texans system already to be a coach hahahahaha....

HOU-TEX
10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Option #8 (not listed) Start drinking heavily. :drunk:

How about option #8 + option #9?

Drinking heavily while fishing

GP
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
The funny thing about blitzes is that they only work if the DBs are pressing their WRs at the line, when the ball is snapped.

Giving 10-yard cushions to WRs, when the dline and LBs are blitzing, gives the QB and WR enough of a window to connect on curls and shallow outs. So your blitz got near the QB but didn't really do any damage.

Garrard picked his way down the field via this little bit of genius by our secondary.

Our secondary coach is killing the dline and the LBs, in my opinion. If we get beat by pressing the Wr at the line, then SO WHAT!?!?! That's better than giving up all that shallow stuff that gives the opponent new life...and absolutely tires out our LBs and dline.

By the way, I voted for "cry" because I really wonder if Kubiak is managing these coaches or giving them way too much slack.

Dread-Head
10-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Tell guys that for every tackle they miss they have to "DONATE" $1000 to the charity of my choice. By the end of the season they'll be known as the hardest hitting defense in the NFL or the GREATEST PHILANTHROPIST IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS!!!

dalemurphy
10-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Bench: Bennett, Barber, AMOBI OKOYE!!

Bennett and Okoye are inactive. They are made an example of! If Reeves and Molden both can't go then we play with 3 CBs and use more base formations, even on passing downs

Starting lineup:
DE: Mario, Bulman (ASmith rotates in for both.. Mario needs some snaps off)
DT: Deljuan, Cody (Okam gets about 20% of the snaps)
LB: Cushing, Ryans, Diles (Bentley on heavy formations) and I'd rotate Bentley in the game to spell Ryans and Cushing as well
CB: Dunta, McCain
S: Pollard (Busing rotates in on passing downs), EWilson

I probably take over the communication from Johnny Holland. Also, I utilize more blitzing from the secondary

GP
10-01-2009, 10:58 AM
It's like we can't put it completely together for more than one game!

For example:

Game 1: No blitzes, DBs press their man at the line, but the QB picks us apart all day.

Game 2: Good coverage skills by DBs, good use of blitzes at the right time, and QB has some success but isn't dominating us all day. We look like we just might know how to hold on and win for a change.

Game 3: Lots of blitzes, DBs give 10 yards all day long, and QB picks us apart all day.

What's in store for Game 4? Nobody knows, but I bet it won't be pretty.

It never is with this team.

GP
10-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Tell guys that for every tackle they miss they have to "DONATE" $1000 to the charity of my choice. By the end of the season they'll be known as the hardest hitting defense in the NFL or the GREATEST PHILANTHROPIST IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS!!!

That's a win-win. Sure beats what's going on at the moment: Taking the paycheck and the only thing they give back is heartburn.