PDA

View Full Version : To the naysayers

Joe Texan
09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
We made Mistakes and we let ourselves get behind 31 to 24

Then The Refs Took Over and Ended the Game the way they wanted.

We battled back to tie and eventually Win But the Convicts took over and Shazam, We lose and the Refs Win cause they had money bet on the game.

If you want to Bash the Team Then you Must Bash the most ineffecient and Cheating Refs I have ever seen.

jaayteetx
09-30-2009, 01:02 PM
ever the optimist, right on!

Jackie Chiles
09-30-2009, 01:03 PM
This is such a sore loser thread. I was at the game, Jacksonville was the better team in the second half, we could not stop them. The "refs" blew the game if their names were Jones-Drew, Bennett, Brown, etc. etc.

HoustonFrog
09-30-2009, 01:04 PM

We battled back to tie and eventually Win But the Convicts took over and Shazam, We lose and the Refs Win cause they had money bet on the game.

If you want to Bash the Team Then you Must Bash the most ineffecient and Cheating Refs I have ever seen.

I Boo you. That's pathetic.

TimeKiller
09-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I'd like to see them swallow their whistles a little more in such a game deciding situation but in no way would I put the refs as a reason the Texans lost. Technically, they are correct but I don't think I would've pulled a flag on that, biased or not. In that situation to call offense on a guy who clearly had no intention of it...I just find that a bad call, even if they are technically correct.

Texan_Bill
09-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Way to go Joe!! :worm:

:stirpot:

Double Barrel
09-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Our defense is still one of the worst in the league. That's not "naysaying", it's just sayin'...

I'm a Texans fan until the end of time, though. I still have some kind of weird optimism that this season ain't over at this point. Maybe it's delusional, but it's all I've got, so I'm running with it. :texflag:

infantrycak
09-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd like to see them swallow their whistles a little more in such a game deciding situation but in no way would I put the refs as a reason the Texans lost. Technically, they are correct but I don't think I would've pulled a flag on that, biased or not. In that situation to call offense on a guy who clearly had no intention of it...I just find that a bad call, even if they are technically correct.

Technically correct call, but horrible judgment to throw the flag. I doubt a single coach or person would have noticed and complained about a non-call on that play and it was a critical play. But can't say it decided the game, heck it didn't even decide no overtime the way the D was playing.

Texan_Bill
09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Bunch of negative nellies!!

Our defense is going to hold JaMarcus Russell to under 250 yards in the air and a QB rating under 80.

DerekLee1
09-30-2009, 01:26 PM
The biggest problem was the phantom holding call on Walter. I don't see how an offensive player can be called for pass interference when they're not involved in the play. Not only was the defensive player in the way, but the ref was as well. There was no penalty. It became basically a non-issue, though, because the Texans battled through it and got to the 2-inch line.

I have not had a chance to go back and watch the end of the game (I went straight from Reliant to the airport Sunday), so I can't say with certainty whether or not they blew the call on the fumble. Something that close, however, should go in favor of the ball carrier and should be left up to the defense to challenge.

Other than that, I didn't have a problem with the officiating. BUT I don't like the horse-collar on Schaub that AGAIN wasn't called, even though he appeared to me to be out of the pocket and on the move both in this game AND the Jets game. Horse-collars are dangerous and they should just outright ban them and not leave it up to judgment calls during the course of play.

Our Texans blew this game, not the refs. Letting MJD bust loose for a 61-yard run is inexcusable. As is not stopping them on 3rd and 10, followed by a 60+ yard passing TD by Garrard. And 2 3-and-outs in the 4th quarter doesn't help any either. The refs may have affected us on one touchdown, but at least 3 others are attributable no bad play.

Texan_Bill
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
The biggest problem was the phantom holding call on Walter. I don't see how an offensive player can be called for pass interference when they're not involved in the play. Not only was the defensive player in the way, but the ref was as well. There was no penalty. It became basically a non-issue, though, because the Texans battled through it and got to the 2-inch line.

Think "pick" play.

Honoring Earl 34
09-30-2009, 01:29 PM

Our defense is going to hold JaMarcus Russell to under 250 yards in the air and a QB rating under 80.

I just hope we're not his slump buster . :pop:

J. Sean Wonton
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM

They could do that if they stayed off the field.

DerekLee1
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Think "pick" play.

There were two opposing crossing patterns 5 yards apart. The ref was in the way as well as the defensive player. If memory serves, Walter had his head turned and was looking for the ball, not the player. That's not a pick, that's a route.

Honoring Earl 34
09-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Think "pick" play.

Eric Winston said that he thought Walter's route was supposed to go deeper toward the back of the endzone and he thinks he got knocked off track .

HoustonFrog
09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
They got calls in the Titans game according to many and now people are nitpicking this loss with ones against. That is a horrible mentality to have. If you look at every game there are a ton of missed holds, borderline calls, etc. But unless it just makes or breaks a game then teams lose on their own accord. The defense stunk and the Jags outplayed and outhearted them when it came down to it. As for the fumble, they got it right. There was no way to tell whether the inch between his left knee and the ground was there but he should have held onto it. I'm a big believer that a team wouldn't have to point to these things if they did the things it took to win on the field. And believe me, I think many NFL refs are cadavers who couldn't find their ass with the help of a proctologist.

Texan_Bill
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
There were two opposing crossing patterns 5 yards apart. The ref was in the way as well as the defensive player. If memory serves, Walter had his head turned and was looking for the ball, not the player. That's not a pick, that's a route.

I agree with you. I'm sayin' what the zebra saw. It was a bad call.

Vinny
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd be more prone to blame our historically bad defense...but that's just me.

Texan_Bill
09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
I just hope we're not his slump buster . :pop:

They could do that if they stayed off the field.

I was trying to be optimistic since Russell is averaging about 125 ypg and has a rating of 39.8

Thorn
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
meh.....The Texans suck until they quit sucking. It's really pretty simple.

Honoring Earl 34
09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
I was trying to be optimistic since Russell is averaging about 125 ypg and has a rating of 39.8

I dunno ... I would like for JaMarcus to try to win the game .

Vinny
09-30-2009, 01:38 PM

How was he doing before he cleaned our clocks last season? :aggressive:

swtbound07
09-30-2009, 01:40 PM
How was he doing before he cleaned our clocks last season? :aggressive:

Stop displaying pattern recognition!

Texecutioner
09-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I guess the refs must have been David Garrard, MJD, Sims Walker, Chris Brown and Holt because those are the guys that beat the Texans. Not the guys wearing black and white pin stripes.

BrandonLwowski
09-30-2009, 01:49 PM
we cannot blame this loss on the refs we have to blame it on our defense and lack of offense in the 2nd half...the refs had nothing to do with MJD running over 100 yrds for 3 tds or us scoring 3 points in the second half

Mr teX
09-30-2009, 02:13 PM

considering his passing thus far, that's not really an achievement.

BigBull17
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Our defense is still one of the worst in the league. That's not "naysaying", it's just sayin'...

I'm a Texans fan until the end of time, though. I still have some kind of weird optimism that this season ain't over at this point. Maybe it's delusional, but it's all I've got, so I'm running with it. :texflag:

One of...? Try THE worst. And it may be of all time, not just this year. :gun:

imatexan
09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I will sum up this thread:

Joe: I still love the Texans and the refs blew the game.

Everyone else: I can't say anything good about the Texans and our Defense sucks.

:user:

Double Barrel
09-30-2009, 02:31 PM

Of course, we'll give up 300+ yards on the ground, sooooo....

Fortunately, our offense will outscore the Raiders for a win! :texflag:

we cannot blame this loss on the refs we have to blame it on our defense and lack of offense in the 2nd half...the refs had nothing to do with MJD running over 100 yrds for 3 tds or us scoring 3 points in the second half

Really it comes down to a Brown fumble. We would have won the game save for that little mistake, IMO.

One of...? Try THE worst. And it may be of all time, not just this year. :gun:

yeah, I know...I was just trying to be somewhat optimistic in Joe Texan's sunshine thread. :)

False Start
09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I agree it was a BS call, as many have said, the "defense" lost this game for the Texans.

I think from now on when they put the DEFENSE graphic up on the big screen at Reliant, it should read: "DEFENSE ?"

Ryan
09-30-2009, 03:14 PM

and McFadden runs for 380 yds and 4 tds.

Second Honeymoon
09-30-2009, 05:22 PM

BOOOOOOO. I didn't know that there was this level of delusion in our fanbase.

Unless the refs are named Brown, Busing, Jones-Drew, Bush, and Garrard, the refs had nothing to do with the loss.

You can take your 'to the naysayers' post and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Stop making excuses and wake up to reality. The refs got it right. Brown fumbled and there was nothing in the replay to show differently.

Grow a pair

Silver Oak
09-30-2009, 05:47 PM

Gawd I am glad we somehow didn't end up with Russell. He puts the "uck" in SUCK!

Texan_Bill
09-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Gawd I am glad we somehow didn't end up with Russell. He puts the "uck" in SUCK!

lol:

Of course he will look good this week. Raider fans get all excited then he sucks again.

TexanBacker93
09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
While I don't agree that it was a fumble. That call didn't cost the Texans the game. They were still going to have to stop Jacksonville from getting into scoring position to kick a game winning FG. Kerry Collins to Roydell Williams anyone? If we stopped them there we would have to win the toss and hope the offense could win it. The offense scoring 3 points in the 2nd half lost the game for the Texans. The defense being unable to get a 3rd down stop lost the game for the Texans. The coaching staff failing to find a way to get the ball to Andre Johnson in the 2nd half lost the game for the Texans. The call was bad, but the Texans lost that game. The Texans had opportunities and didn't do what a good team does. Until they win these games they'll be a mediocre team.

GP
09-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Joe, I know you're trying to pep us up.

Thank you for trying.

You just keep doing your thing.

imatexan
09-30-2009, 11:19 PM
http://nobulltexanstalk.blogspot.com/ plus week 4 nfl picks

Chill out with spamming your blog.

Norg
09-30-2009, 11:40 PM
O well thats the past there is nothing we can do about it now

next time we shouldnt let the game be decided on one or two plays i guess we will just have to be good enough to not let that happen

JDizzle
09-30-2009, 11:48 PM

Clearly you've never read joe's posts in The NSZ, otherwise this would wouldn't be much of a revelation to you.

powerfuldragon
10-01-2009, 01:50 AM
we need scary people on our interior d-line, jamarcus russell should be forced to wash his damn jersey after the game. and on offense we need at least one running back that tries to go around his blockers instead of through them.

ObsiWan
10-01-2009, 04:45 AM
ding! ding! ding! ding!
We have a winner!

Yes, for the most part, the defense laid an ostrich-sized rotten egg

HOWEVER
...they DID give the offense the ball THREE TIMES in the second half when the game was still close.
They stopped the Jags on 3-&-outs twice in succession and forced a turnover the third time. That's three times the defense gave the offense possession when the game was still winnable.
What did the offense do with those opportunities? Two 3-&-outs and Brown's infamous fumble.
Our famous "high-powered" offense could only manage 3 stinkin' pts the whole second half. They share the blame for this loss as much as the defense does.

And consider this: AJ was not thrown to the whole second half!!
Am I the only one that noticed that?? go back and rewatch the game or review the play-by-play! AJ had no stats the second half. In the 1st half he was thrown to 7 times and caught 4. In the second half - Zippo!?
It's not like Jacksonville has a shutdown CB or anything so WTF?!?
...was he hurt?
No one is saying anything if he was...
And if he wasn't, why was he removed from the offense??

and inquiring minds want to know

GNTLEWOLF
10-01-2009, 06:05 AM
It is very suspicious when the only pro-bowler we have on offense doesn't get the ball at all in the second half.

Grams
10-01-2009, 06:53 AM

Unless the refs are named Brown, Busing, Jones-Drew, Bush, and Garrard, the refs had nothing to do with the loss.

You can take your 'to the naysayers' post and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Stop making excuses and wake up to reality. The refs got it right. Brown fumbled and there was nothing in the replay to show differently.

Grow a pair

I guess I am delusional also as I do not think the season is over with 2 losses either.

I also think the refs blew the call of pass interference on Walter.
But Brown did fumble the ball - although it sort of, kind of looked like his left knee was down - but then again maybe not.

I also do not have a pair to grow, so I will continue to watch and root for the Texans every Sunday. But some sort of defense would really be nice to see.

:d::texflag:

I an no longer 13, I have smilies.:splits:

Craig.
10-01-2009, 08:26 AM
lol at this thread

Blake
10-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Hey guys look at the bright side.

It's not always bad to be in last place. Here's some things we can focus on: One, we tried hard. And two, we're still dear friends!

Big Lou
10-02-2009, 12:02 AM
They got calls in the Titans game according to many and now people are nitpicking this loss with ones against. That is a horrible mentality to have. If you look at every game there are a ton of missed holds, borderline calls, etc. But unless it just makes or breaks a game then teams lose on their own accord. The defense stunk and the Jags outplayed and outhearted them when it came down to it. As for the fumble, they got it right. There was no way to tell whether the inch between his left knee and the ground was there but he should have held onto it. I'm a big believer that a team wouldn't have to point to these things if they did the things it took to win on the field. And believe me, I think many NFL refs are cadavers who couldn't find their ass with the help of a proctologist.

I hate to still be talking about this but........

Did the the refs lose us this game: NO!

Did the refs keep us from winning this game: YES!!!!

Even good teams play down to their opponent sometimes, but they stay in the game. Although we played like dog crap we were still technically in this game until a garbage call. With out that call we could have just as easily won the game or lost anyway.