PDA

View Full Version : New signature

DerekLee1
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
FACT (see my signature)

bckey
09-28-2009, 04:19 PM
I probably cried when I was 8 too watching the Oilers blow games. It is just part of being a Houston fan.

valleytexfan
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
FACT (see my signature)

I hated reading this. :thud:

brakos82
09-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Don't feel too bad... the local radio guys said that the Rams are the worst team in the history of football... and then they started making vomit noises. But then the last sound was more like a cat screech than a puke. LOL

False Start
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I probably cried when I was 8 too watching the Oilers blow games. It is just part of being a Houston fan.

I came close to it a couple of times myself. I remember the Ian Howfield "wide right" game against the Redskins, and a game against the LA Rams when Tony Zendejas missed a last second field goal. I was crushed. :heh:

Txn_in_Oki
09-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Your son finally became a real Houston fan.

Congrats and may God have mercy upon his soul.

:polevault:

TexansFanatic
09-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Your son finally became a real Houston fan.

Congrats and may God have mercy upon his soul.

:polevault:

http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/smilies/roll.gif

GP
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
You should be reported to CPS for even allowing him to watch that.

Sicko. j/k

GP
09-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I haven't had "the talk" with my 9-year-old yet.

That's something that I am dreading.

Me: "I don't know exactly how to tell you this...but, as you get older...well, you begin to have certain feelings. Sensations. (sigh) At first, you're going to feel excited. Then you're going to have your heart broken. And I just wanted you to know that it's OK to feel different. Being a Texans fan is a wonderful, wonderful thing. But we have to be careful and guard our hearts from going too far too fast. If you ever need to talk to me about being a Texans fan, I am here for you."

My daughter: "Ewww. That's gross, dad."

DerekLee1
09-29-2009, 06:57 AM
You should be reported to CPS for even allowing him to watch that.

It's even worse than that. He's attended all but 2 games in the last 5 years. He's actually witnessed this abomination of a franchise in person. Maybe I should be in prison for child abuse?

Malloy
09-29-2009, 07:06 AM
It's even worse than that. He's attended all but 2 games in the last 5 years. He's actually witnessed this abomination of a franchise in person. Maybe I should be in prison for child abuse?

Thats a human rights violation if I ever saw one!

Double Barrel
09-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm saving my son the hassle and 'letting' him pick another team to root for if he wants to. He's leaning toward the Steelers (6 Super Bowl trophies and cool unis). He said he'll always root for the Texans [with me], and will never become a Cowboys or Titans fan, so I have to let him make his own way by his own free will after that.

Sad, but true. I remember crying when the Steelers would beat us and my buddy was happy as a Cowboy fan. Being a fan of Houston pro football is not for the weak hearted or those that must have success to be happy. I've learned that lesson time and time again the hard way for the past 30+ years.

Texans_Chick
09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
It builds character.

I have an abundance of character. I'm not sure it helps me out much.

Double Barrel
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
It also builds cynicism and a sarcastic nature. I'm pretty good at both, FWIW. Gets me through the tough times...which seems to be ALL the time these days.

Texan_Bill
09-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Can you be cynical, sarcastic and of high character?? :thinking:

GP
09-29-2009, 04:38 PM
It builds character.

I have an abundance of character. I'm not sure it helps me out much.

If anybody cares, I'm on the overpass and crying.

ObsiWan
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM

How did you get him in the gate??
I thought Texans games were PG-13.

Double Barrel
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM

We can always try! :howdy:

Showtime100
09-29-2009, 04:45 PM

If not I'm dead. :thisbig: