09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
link:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3462&play_clip=y

MannyFresh
09-28-2009, 04:34 PM
ho humm...just waiting and hearing laughing in the background

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM
no fire. just a bunch of good ole boy coachspeak and excuses.

he said bussing did some good things out there but played like a first time starter....excuse

if he isn't good enough to not make horrible plays, find someone else who can

TheRealJoker
09-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I like the General referencing the defense in his first year and now. But then he asked, "How did you get out of it then that will help you get out of it now?"

Well John, looks like the same crappy defense!!!

MannyFresh
*cough, cough*....boy he's blowing smoke...I can make smoke rings out of my butt there so much of it....

Second Honeymoon
he is just too niiiiice of a coach. he won't even say the defense stunk. 'we can play better' is all you get.

its his fault we have a loser like Bush at DC. its on you, Gary.

i am sick of his loser attitude

oh and memo to coaches, the safety rotation thing just isn't working...maybe address it in the draft..

..just sayin. did we need another TE or OL that bad that we wasted picks when there were Safety's available that are probably better than that loser Bussing

gtexan02
09-28-2009, 04:42 PM
"I think its time to fix some of the issues we've been having. I think its time to play consistently in a game"

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllly?

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
pretty short presser.

well time to get ready for Oakland, I guess. just keep doing what hasn't worked up to now, Gary.

why you would expect a different outcome, I will never know.

TexansSeminole
09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
I can't even watch it, it'll just piss me off.

Cjeremy635
09-28-2009, 04:51 PM
I thought it was an interesting note about the long MJD run. He stated that Jacksonville ran the same play on the first play of the game for a 1 yard gain. They were in the same D scheme when they ran it again for the 24th play of the game and he broke it for 61 yards. It all falls on the players IMHO. The right play was called for the defense, but they only executed it right the first time. That's how I took it and I do believe it.

bckey
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Well it sounds like Frank Bush's job is more than safe with Kubiak at the Helm.
He put it all on the players. He said Frank called a good game. He did say that some players are going to get a chance to play in place of some that are hurting the team. For sure he mentioned Jamison and Nading from the practice squad. Maybe Okoye will get benched.

Maddict5
09-28-2009, 04:55 PM
no fire. just a bunch of good ole boy coachspeak and excuses.

he said bussing did some good things out there but played like a first time starter....excuse

if he isn't good enough to not make horrible plays, find someone else who can

so you were expecting 'yeah john that busing is awful, just terrible'?

i love how every week we lose, you guys expect him to go all todd haley & hang his players out to dry. :rolleyes:

dalemurphy
09-28-2009, 04:55 PM
pretty short presser.

well time to get ready for Oakland, I guess. just keep doing what hasn't worked up to now, Gary.

why you would expect a different outcome, I will never know.

I thought the tone was plenty critical. He doesn't believe in calling out individual players and I respect that. My problem is his reluctance to replace them on the field. However, according to the presser, that will be happening starting this week. If I read the hints correctly, the following is true:

1. He's very unhappy with Bennett's play.

2. Pollard will be getting plenty of snaps at SS this week.

3. He's very unhappy with some members of the DL (I can only hope it's my man, Okoye) and Nading and/or Jamison will be on the 53 man roster this week... I wonder who is going to be waived?... perhaps nobody, and CThompson will be put on IR.

other things of note:

1. Slaton is still missing some cutbacks.

2. The 60 yd TD was the identical play with the same defensive call as well as the 1st running play of the game, when the Texans stopped him for 1 yard.

3. CBs will be lining up tighter in coverage, even in zone schemes.

4. He thinks they should've had 3-4 sacks but the guys just aren't making the play.

5. Bush's job is safe.

Maddict5
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I thought it was an interesting note about the long MJD run. He stated that Jacksonville ran the same play on the first play of the game for a 1 yard gain. They were in the same D scheme when they ran it again for the 24th play of the game and he broke it for 61 yards. It all falls on the players IMHO. The right play was called for the defense, but they only executed it right the first time. That's how I took it and I do believe it.

Well it sounds like Frank Bush's job is more than safe with Kubiak at the Helm.
He put it all on the players. He said Frank called a good game. He did say that some players are going to get a chance to play in place of some that are hurting the team. For sure he mentioned Jamison and Nading from the practice squad. Maybe Okoye will get benched.

well the players put it all on the players too. and by gary's frustration, you should be able to infer that hes getting annoyed with the constant meltdowns the players are having too

MannyFresh
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
He said absolutely nothing we don't already know, only thing is, HE didn't say or address anything!

John Mclane asks him "are happy with Antonio Smith"....from Kubes "wuuuuwuawua, wuawua, wuawua" (Charlie Brown muffled trumpet)

Johm Mclane ask "are you happy with ANYONE?" again Kubes..."wuaaaa, wuawuawuawua"

How bout some killer instinct and throw some folks under the bus!!!!

Maddict5
09-28-2009, 04:59 PM
I thought the tone was plenty critical. He doesn't believe in calling out individual players and I respect that. My problem is his reluctance to replace them on the field. However, according to the presser, that will be happening starting this week. If I read the hints correctly, the following is true:

1. He's very unhappy with Bennett's play.

2. Pollard will be getting plenty of snaps at SS this week.

3. He's very unhappy with some members of the DL (I can only hope it's my man, Okoye) and Nading and/or Jamison will be on the 53 man roster this week... I wonder who is going to be waived?... perhaps nobody, and CThompson will be put on IR.

i agree with the rest of your pts but where did you pick that up from? no doubt hes pretty pissed at bennetts play like us all but i didnt think he mentioned fred specifically at all?

Maddict5
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
He said absolutely nothing we don't already know, only thing is HE didn't say or address it!

John Mclane asks him "are happy with Antonio Smith"....from Kubes "wuuuuwuawua, wuawua, wuawua" (Charlie Brown muffled trumpet)

Johm Mclane ask "are you happy with ANYONE?" again Kubes..."wuaaaa, wuawuawuawua"

How bout some killer instinct and throw some folks under the bus!!!!

real enlightened. im going to go out on a limb & say you've never been a member of a team sport before? (good) coaches dont hang their players out to dry publicly

bckey
09-28-2009, 05:02 PM
1. Slaton is still missing some cutbacks.

2. The 60 yd TD was the identical play with the same defensive call as well as the 1st running play of the game, when the Texans stopped him for 1 yard.

3. CBs will be lining up tighter in coverage, even in zone schemes.

4. He thinks they should've had 3-4 sacks but the guys just aren't making the play.

5. Bush's job is safe.

Just to add to that Kubiak said that guys were unblocked and free to the qb and still didn't make the play. He stressed that they have to make those plays. It still boils down to the fact that we don't get pressure on the qb even when a man runs free. Too many times the Texans defense has made mediocre qbs look like probowlers by giving them way too much time in the pocket.

mariowillshine15
09-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Just to add to that Kubiak said that guys were unblocked and free to the qb and still didn't make the play. He stressed that they have to make those plays. It still boils down to the fact that we don't get pressure on the qb even when a man runs free. Too many times the Texans defense has made mediocre qbs look like probowlers by giving them way too much time in the pocket.

I cant remember any blitz getting to garrard. He would just step up in the pocket and throw to a WR being played 10 yards off by the CB. ugh

bckey
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I saw Garrard get hit as he threw a few times but our guys are always late to the party.

dalemurphy
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
i agree with the rest of your pts but where did you pick that up from? no doubt hes pretty pissed at bennetts play like us all but i didnt think he mentioned fred specifically at all?

asked about the safety play, he responded in a way suggesting he's upset with the CB play as well.

Also, he made two references to soft coverage by the CB... one specific example, I know for a fact, was Bennett.

He also showed a little enthusiasm for Reeves' return to action this week... and, that ain't to replace Dunta.

MannyFresh
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
real enlightened. im going to go out on a limb & say you've never been a member of a team sport before? (good) coaches dont hang their players out to dry publicly

Not from pushover coaches no.

buddyboy
09-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Man, during the offseason, all I could hear was how Rick Smith is too *mean* to the poor players and how he makes them sad and he can't negotiate if he's being mean to them!

And now Kubiak is too *niiiice*. You don't throw your players under the bus. How many coaches say, "Yeah, Busing sucked. He'll be playing backup next game." Almost never. It'll more likely be, "We're looking for other options at safety now." It's coachspeak, everyone does it.

Porky
09-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Bennett sucks donkey crap. He was pretty darn good as a rookie and showed promise. Last year he stunk. This year makes last year look like a pro-bowl year. Hey Freddie. WAKE UP out there. Looking at the film again, Bennett was playing way to wide and wasn't covering his gap, and Busing went way too far inside and didn't cover the gap. Well no wonder MJD took it to the house you morons. Hell I could make a 60 yard TD if you are playing that kind of crap jr high defense. Not to mention he couldn't cover my Grandmother if she were running her route in her walker. He would still be ten yards out of position and twisted around like a human pretzel. This defense is the Weekend at Bernies defense. It's 11 brian dead guys that actually are made to look like they are still alive. That's the only explanation I can think of because these guys look like the Keystone cops on a bad day.

nunusguy
09-28-2009, 05:27 PM

I agree completely. And besides it's just counterproductive from a team standpoint to point fingers at individual players in public. Maybe do it in private behind closed doors, but not in a presser in front of the whole world. It only serves to appease mad, frustrated fans like some of us.
We can point fingers though and I just watched that 61-yard run again and Busing was so bad on that play it's almost comical. He took a huge chomp on that backfield motion and was so out of position when MJD came free, off-tackle into his area, there was no way he could have got turned around to make a tackle. Amazing since he had to know he was literally the last line of defense against a big rushing play like that ?

bigbrewster2000
09-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Not from pushover coaches no.

Not from any Professional coach. Good Grief you and Honeymoon are so rediculous with this "Critical" "Throw under the bus" talk. Is the way Kubes talks about losses annoying. YES!! But so is the way every freaking coach talks about losses. Just kills me.

MannyFresh
09-28-2009, 05:41 PM
well looks like no changes are being made, sit back and enjoy the deja vu ride again folks...

dalemurphy
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
well looks like no changes are being made, sit back and enjoy the deja vu ride again folks...

What are you talking about? Kubiak promised changes on the roster as well as changes in the lineup.

thunderkyss
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
asked about the safety play, he responded in a way suggesting he's upset with the CB play as well.

Also, he made two references to soft coverage by the CB... one specific example, I know for a fact, was Bennett.

He also showed a little enthusiasm for Reeves' return to action this week... and, that ain't to replace Dunta.

I've been hearing a lot of fans expressing their disapproval of the soft play by the corners. They specifically mentioned not playing press coverage, and not jamming the receiver at the line.

Personally, I was very interested in the play of our CBs, so I watched them, and wasn't able to watch the line play. But in all actuallity, we were lucky to be in that game at all. Their WRs were open all day. Why Garard didn't throw them the ball, I don't know. But he could have easily had a 400 yard day.

Tory Holt made Dunta Robinson look like a bad cartoon. & that first PI that ended up being a no call, was a PI.

What happened to Molden?

But the point I wanted to make. They did play quite a bit on the line. But the never stuck a hand out to jam the receiver, or tried to bump him off the line. The WRs always got a free release.

Dunta had "issues" staying in his stance before the snap. Most of the time, he was already pulling out, getting ready to run before the ball was snapped. Tory Holt didn't have to guess what Dunta was going to do. He pretty much didn't have to think about him at all. He had Dunta turning around so fast & so often, I almost fell out of my chair I was so dizzy.

Wolf
09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I cant remember any blitz getting to garrard. He would just step up in the pocket and throw to a WR being played 10 yards off by the CB. ugh

yeah, I saw no blitz get to him either, no collapse in the middle of the line , so when our DE's came around, DG just stepped up and gave him a second more to release the ball.

one thing about our Blitzes, we sure don't fool anyone when we come in

Corrosion
09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
he is just too niiiiice of a coach. he won't even say the defense stunk. 'we can play better' is all you get.
its his fault we have a loser like Bush at DC. its on you, Gary.

i am sick of his loser attitude

oh and memo to coaches, the safety rotation thing just isn't working...maybe address it in the draft..

..just sayin. did we need another TE or OL that bad that we wasted picks when there were Safety's available that are probably better than that loser Bussing

Just my opinion but what you say to the media and what you say to your players behind closed doors .... are most likely totally different.
Their performance was embarrassing enough - no need for the head coach to publicly humiliate them (again) ..... They did that to themselves.

I think it starts up front - Amobi is getting blown up on a lot of running plays.

OL .... yeah , that was a need position , Pitt's goes down , Studdard moves up , who's behind him ?
TE - Is kinda questionable. Dresson has been good thus far - Daniels is a FA after the season I believe. Seems to me they were planning ahead. I think one of the two picks they spent in round 4 could have been better used .... Two TE's was a bit much.

I dont think anyone foresaw the defense being this bad .... we all knew they needed safety help but I didnt expect such poor play. My 11 year old shows better fundamentals than the collective group they Texans run out there.

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 07:37 PM
What are you talking about? Kubiak promised changes on the roster as well as changes in the lineup.

he mentioned Jameson on the DL, and someone else. Anyone know?

buddyboy
09-28-2009, 07:40 PM
he mentioned Jameson on the DL, and someone else. Anyone know?

I think someone mentioned Kubiak mentioning Reeves coming back.

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 07:41 PM
that too, but he mentioned two DL players.

buddyboy
09-28-2009, 07:43 PM
that too, but he mentioned two DL players.

Oh, I think it was Naeding

CloakNNNdagger
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM

That's exactly what many of us have repeatedly pointed out last year AND this year. Playing off the WRs is not a decision made by individual players..........it's the scheme dictated by the coaches......that's on the coaches.

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Just my opinion but what you say to the media and what you say to your players behind closed doors .... are most likely totally different.
Their performance was embarrassing enough - no need for the head coach to publicly humiliate them (again) ..... They did that to themselves.

I think it starts up front - Amobi is getting blown up on a lot of running plays.

OL .... yeah , that was a need position , Pitt's goes down , Studdard moves up , who's behind him ?
TE - Is kinda questionable. Dresson has been good thus far - Daniels is a FA after the season I believe. Seems to me they were planning ahead. I think one of the two picks they spent in round 4 could have been better used .... Two TE's was a bit much.

I dont think anyone foresaw the defense being this bad .... we all knew they needed safety help but I didnt expect such poor play. My 11 year old shows better fundamentals than the collective group they Texans run out there.

(pre-draft) OL was not a need position unless its on a center and we have yet to address that. You would think we wouldn't have drafted Caldwell unless we thought he could get on the field and we are still waiting for worthless Myers to be cut. We did attempt to address the Center position but it hasn't worked. To even consider that we needed to draft a TE where we did (Hill) is just foolish.

I am just sick of Kubiak's carebear attitude about everything. flatlining loser is what he is.

Bush and Kubiak are both the problem. They have no ability to get their teams prepared. Its been obvious with Kubiak for now 4 years and Bush has shown nothing to show he is any different than his friend.

Hiring your friends that suck as coaches should get you fired, and I hope it gets Gary fired unless he can turn this thing around immediately. We are one play away from being 0-3.

Scrubiak and his crony coaches all suck and can jump in a lake for all I care..

Wolf
09-28-2009, 07:59 PM
That's exactly what many of us have repeatedly pointed out last year AND this year. Playing off the WRs is not a decision made by individual players..........it's the scheme dictated by the coaches......that's on the coaches.

yes, we are blitzing more (I guess) and seems with no safety help, our CB's are backing way off (trying not to get burned by the deep ball, which in effect still leaves receivers wide open and gaining

15.1 average per pass play against the jets
10.3 average per pass play against the titans
11.9 average per pass play against the Jags
against those pro bowl QB's :gun:

CloakNNNdagger
09-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Kubiak makes me almost feel like I could be a head coach. We both share a very important trait...................I'M very "UNHAPPY" too.:mcnugget:

Brisco_County
09-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Busing may have blown his coverage on the long MJD touchdown, but for the rest of the game he was always near the ball. To me, that shows a better awareness than I'm used to seeing from our safeties. For the record, he had four tackles and an assist.

Also, where's Molden? Injured?

ObsiWan
09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
But then again, you also have to ask yourself why Jacksonville went back to a play we had stuffed..?
What did they see?
Did their coaches notice that one of their guys missed a block the first time and they knew if he made that block they could bust it? You have to wonder why they'd go back to something that fell on it's face.
They saw something.

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Busing may have blown his coverage on the long MJD touchdown, but for the rest of the game he was always near the ball. To me, that shows a better awareness than I'm used to seeing from our safeties. For the record, he had four tackles and an assist.

Also, where's Molden? Injured?

Busing blatantly busted 4 assignments that contributed to game changing plays. He missed tackles, lost his man on coverage, was out of position on 2 big running plays, and didn't do squat to merit him even being on the field. He sucks and that is the end of it.

When people start defending Busing, I start to get worried. That guy is horrible.

Wolf
09-28-2009, 08:06 PM
But then again, you also have to ask yourself why Jacksonville went back to a play we had stuffed..?
What did they see?
Did their coaches notice that one of their guys missed a block the first time and they knew if he made that block they could bust it? You have to wonder why they'd go back to something that fell on it's face.
They saw something.
along with what you said

I figure the Jags coaches(and 3 others so far) saw how aggressive we were .. ran a few reverses and whoaa la (however you spell it) .. used that against us

gtexan02
09-28-2009, 09:13 PM
We had 8 hits on the QB and no sacks. Thats pretty strange

dickieb
09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Well if Chaun Thompson get's placed on the IR maybe they will bring back Buster Davis - I thought he looked pretty good in preseason. But I also thought Barwin looked good in preseason.

New_Texans
09-28-2009, 10:17 PM
You can easily see how raw Barwin is since he over pursues all the time.

Molden is injured with a quad.

Ah, it wasn't like the DL wasnt getting push, Garrard just got the ball out quickly if i remembered correctly.

LonerATO
09-28-2009, 10:20 PM
You can easily see how raw Barwin is since he over pursues all the time.

Molden is injured with a quad.

Ah, it wasn't like the DL wasnt getting push, Garrard just got the ball out quickly if i remembered correctly.

Texans had pressure, but failed to cover any WR in the secondary

CloakNNNdagger
09-28-2009, 10:33 PM
We had 8 hits on the QB and no sacks. Thats pretty strange

Our entire D was blinder focused on the rush with no one attending to the screen pass which was a continual successful tactic since their QB had the ability to always get rid of the ball so quickly. It was either that or just hit the WRs about 5-10 yds out since they always had at least that much cushion. Once they got past the LOS, the ball carriers were repeatedly met by our spaghetti-armed secondary.

TexansSeminole
09-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Our entire D was blinder focused on the rush with no one attending to the screen pass which was a continual successful tactic since their QB had the ability to always get rid of the ball so quickly. It was either that or just hit the WRs about 5-10 yds out since they always had at least that much cushion. Once they got past the LOS, the ball carriers were repeatedly met by our spaghetti-armed secondary.

Yea, and the Jags use MJD as a receiver on screens and other pass plays A LOT.

mussop
09-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Busing blatantly busted 4 assignments that contributed to game changing plays. He missed tackles, lost his man on coverage, was out of position on 2 big running plays, and didn't do squat to merit him even being on the field. He sucks and that is the end of it.

When people start defending Busing, I start to get worried. That guy is horrible.

He wasnt that bad. Yeh he made a couple of mistakes but I think you are exagerating just a little. Overall he had a better game than the other safeties. This was his first start and he was around the ball alot. Thats alone is more than you can say about our other safeties.