PDA

View Full Version : Win or Lose

BrandonLwowski
09-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I am gonna be a Texans fan no matter what. Im new to this site and so far im not liking some of the fans on here. People on here say our team is awesome and badass when we win, then when we don't win, fire this guy, our team sucks, we are only gonna win 6 games. I hate all this negitive talk. Yes i know, our defense is slacking bigtime but that doesnt mean ima give up on them this early nor am i ever gonna give up on them. If your ready to give up on our team already you are not a true fan. I know we have alot of problems to fix but i think we will be alright. so i you are giving up already, just stop being a texans fan

Hardcore Texan
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I am gonna be a Texans fan no matter what. Im new to this site and so far im not liking some of the fans on here. People on here say our team is awesome and badass when we win, then when we don't win, fire this guy, our team sucks, we are only gonna win 6 games. I hate all this negitive talk. Yes i know, our defense is slacking bigtime but that doesnt mean ima give up on them this early nor am i ever gonna give up on them. If your ready to give up on our team already you are not a true fan. I know we have alot of problems to fix but i think we will be alright. so i you are giving up already, just stop being a texans fan

Welcome to the site and I hope you stick around, it's a great place to talk all things Texans.

About your post, you have to understand a few things that you may not have uncovered yet. A LOT of posters here, including myself, are diehard Texans fans that aren't going anywhere, a large number of fans here never miss a home game or Texans event, some of us live out of town and get do all the events but crave every little morsel, tidbit of info that we can scrape of the internet to get our "fix".

That being said, we have thousands of dollars invested in this team in the form of season tickets, Texans gear, etc. And sometimes frustration runs over, sometimes you got to call a spade a spade when there are glaring problems on the field. People deal with it in different ways. After you are here awhile you'll figure out the posters here a little better, some are always positive, some think the sky is falling, and some are inbetween and more even-keeled through the highs and lows.

But I would venture a guess that 95% of the people here are in it for the long haul. That does not mean the team is above criticism, because they are not. However, it's the internet so you will see a fair share of knee jerk reactions and rants even from almost any poster, the passion just can't be cut off like a light switch when the clock strikes triple zeros.

Kulluminatii
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Well, I think its the fact that this team really should be much better then it is, thats what is so frustrating. I mean, I can't talk from experience, since I've only been following the Texans since last year...but it seemed like this was the year the Texans were finally "getting over the hump". Everyone was saying Texans were going to the playoffs, and I'm not saying its not a possibility anymore(still way to early call that)...but the way the defense is playing...it doesn't look likely yet.

Some people believe a coach like Singeltary is needed.
Others believe we might as well draft a whole new D.

I believe, do whats necessary to win:wild:.

HOU-TEX
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
It's sad we have these type threads several weeks every GD year. WTF has this team done to earn and keep our support for 8 freakin years? Nothing! We keep supporting them anyways because that's what we do. Why? Who freakin knows?!

Yankee_In_TX
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM
WTF has this team done to earn and keep our support for 8 freakin years? Nothing! We keep supporting them anyways because that's what we do. Why? Who freakin knows?!

LMAO. Fact.

I bet that's too long, otherwise I'd make it my new sig.

IlliniJen
09-28-2009, 11:12 AM
It's sad we have these type threads several weeks every GD year. WTF has this team done to earn and keep our support for 8 freakin years? Nothing! We keep supporting them anyways because that's what we do. Why? Who freakin knows?!

Fact is uglier than the "all is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds" fiction in the eyes of Panglossian fans who think that there's really nothing wrong with the team.

ATXtexanfan
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
It's a love/hate thing for everyone. Still plenty of football to be played. One thing for them to lose to elite teams, another thing to lose the games yours suppose to win at home. We all give them a pass on the jets game now. It was still a terrible showing. This jax game was one they Had to win. Everyone had them winning this one. Go Texans

Thorn
09-28-2009, 11:29 AM
the Texans are my team no matter what. Doesn't mean I won't rag on them when I think they deserve it though.

Hardcore Texan
09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Exactly the point of my post, everybody above me in this thread just vented their frustration and has a right to do so, I have been around here long enough to know you guys arent' going anywhere, your just tired of the lack of progress from this team as am I.......I was just trying to relay that to the OP since he hasn't been around that long, that everyone is frustrated. Just because we are pissed off doesn't mean we aren't fans, hell that's why we are pissed in the first place.

dickieb
09-28-2009, 12:02 PM
True blue here - I am slow to anger but once I hit have hit a certain level I get hot. I will always root for the Texans but I have learned from other fans on here it is OK to voice displeasure with how things are or are not progressing - the coach does it, the players, the media, so why not the fans?

I will never turn my back on the team or wear a bag over my head to a game but I will sure as hell light a fire under someones ass if given the chance - and I hope the organization does more of this. I find voicing my displeasure through this portal has proven to be somewhat therapeutic - hopefully it works for you. Hopefully someday in the near future we will have something to share positive views on - hopefully it starts next week and hopefully it is about how our defense has finally stopped blowing plays and instead are getting turnovers and sacks left and right. That would do a lot for our confidence level on here and you might finally see the blue skies and rainbows on here - well we have already seen too many rainbows from our soft defense, maybe we could all settle for some Steel Blue Skies!

Go TEXANS!

El Tejano
09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
It's not that I'm not a true fan. I've been down since day one. I look at the play of our team and the play of other teams and predict Ws and Ls from there. I predicted this loss. We got plain lucky against Tenn. Did we fight hard for the win, yes we did. However we played bad defense and got some lucky bounces and since we didn't turnover the ball we won.

I managed to stay away from the game to keep my blood pressure down, but I'm still ticked we lost, especially how we lost.

Go down the schedule and look at our team's previous games and tell me what you see. Don't think with your heart. I'm staring at a possible 2-3 stretch which would put us at 3-5 right before Indy. It's okay to assume this way. It doesn't mean you are not a true fan. Matter of fact it makes it easier to swallow the loss.

Now that all can change if the team changes. But they haven't shown change have they?

Grams
09-28-2009, 12:43 PM
You just have to realize that there are some posters that believe in a 60 second solution to everything - even things one has no control over.

If the Texans lose - you will see all the "Fire" one person or another or all of them posts. because that will solve all the problems the Texans have.

Some just have to rant and rave after a loss to make them feel better, regardless of the fact that they usually have a change of opinion they next day. But they are in a bad mood and have to make sure everyone else gets into a bad mood also.

Others will avoid the board after a loss as it gets extremely negative. We do nothing right, nobody knows what they are doing, we suck at this or that or everything. The QB throws for over 300 yds and 3 (really 4) TD's but he is the reason we lost because he could have played better.

Very few on this board are reasonable after a loss - maybe it is the beer intake. But it is best to just wait till Monday when heads are a little clearer. At least the negativity is more constructive and reasonable after heads have cleared.

Vinny
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Many of the fans have been here a loooong time and don't need the lecture imo. Hell, many of the fans here were posting on the NFL2002 board that was up before the team had a name. If we stick with this crap this long you can bet we are "true fans". First I've seen of you in 8-9 years though. Here or at the official site of the Houston Texans. just sayin'

dickieb
09-28-2009, 12:47 PM
True dat Grams.

dickieb
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Many of the fans have been here a loooong time and don't need the lecture imo. Hell, many of the fans here were posting on the NFL2002 board that was up before the team had a name. If we stick with this crap this long you can bet we are "true fans". First I've seen of you in 8-9 years though. Here or at the official site of the Houston Texans. just sayin'

Just because someone doesn't post on a message board doesn't mean they aren't a fan of a team. Hell I usually get in trouble from the old lady because I am consumed or obsessed with the Texans - and I don't even get on here as much as I would like. I was an oilers fan and a Texans fan from before they were a team but didn't even find it until a couple years ago, but I don't think posting on here is a requirement of determining if you are a fan. just sayin'

badboy
09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Most posters know my history of Oiler fan since team team began and ended. Long time Rocket fan and Astro fan. No longer the latter though a new coach such as Biggio may bring me back. I work the draft boards on Texans and debate and argue all the time. My number of posts say something about my loyalty. Having said that, I leave my house for work at 6:30 & do not get home until 5:30 to 6 based on traffic on the 40 mile (one way trip). I leave church at 11:45 AM whether the preacher is finished or not so I can be in front of the TV at kick off. My relaxation time is very important to me due to the type of work I do and every hour is valuable. So when a team stinks it up, I say so. I am quick to compliment but just as quick to say a negative. "It is what it is" as the owner of the company I work for likes to say. When the team says dire need is a power back for at least two years and we keep signing sucky old, often injured running backs, I complain. When another dire need is to stop the run and we have an opponent go for touchdowns with basically no one touching the guy three games straight, I frown. When a QB has one game looking like a possible pro bowler sandwiched between two games where the QB looks like spam on moldy wheat, I get irritated. No I am not jumping ship-yet; but I sure expect better play than I have seen.

One of the things I have been working on is profanity and I was doing pretty well until our big power back fumbled at the goal. Do you know how embarassing it is to revert to my old ways in two seconds?

badboy
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Just because someone doesn't post on a message board doesn't mean they aren't a fan of a team. Hell I usually get in trouble from the old lady because I am consumed or obsessed with the Texans - and I don't even get on here as much as I would like. I was an oilers fan and a Texans fan from before they were a team but didn't even find it until a couple years ago, but I don't think posting on here is a requirement of determining if you are a fan. just sayin'It just looks bad dickieb if someone shows up after a few posts and starts calling folks out. Few of us need our loyalty questioned after thousands of posts concerning the Texans. Some fans put up with more than others.

Porky
09-28-2009, 01:25 PM

Looks like someone has overdosed on battle red koolaid!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gqMtEZXV29bgsM:http://img.photobucket.com

OzzO
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
...Im new to this site and so far ...

From your post, probably coulda figured that one out. Mainly from the often heard snippets "I'm a fan...", "people whining after a loss...". "we'll be alright..." (and the icing of) deciding of what makes a fan, which in your case was "giving up".

Glad you found the board and welcome. Agree with above - it's just venting and various posters at different levels of WTF's. Stick around a bit, you may actually come to love us.... if we don't brainwash ya first.
:splits:

Starting the 8th year like this, after self imposed high expecations (again) during the offseason and preseason - we'll it's just a yearly reality check with the Texans.

Vinny
09-28-2009, 01:40 PM

Just because someone doesn't post on a message board doesn't mean they aren't a fan of a team. Hell I usually get in trouble from the old lady because I am consumed or obsessed with the Texans - and I don't even get on here as much as I would like. I was an oilers fan and a Texans fan from before they were a team but didn't even find it until a couple years ago, but I don't think posting on here is a requirement of determining if you are a fan. just sayin'
never said that. If you are gonna come in and question our "fanhood", that's fine, but many, many of us have been here from the start and there isn't any question that we are fans so if you want to call us out, at least try to figure out where you are when you are doing it.

TexanExile
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
If your ready to give up on our team already you are not a true fan.

[First off, Brandon, welcome and don't take this as directed at you, but I'm gonna vent now.]

"Already?" That's funny.

Back in October 2007 I reached a point of absolute frustration with this franchise's "corner turning" and stopped posting here. This board was my main connection to other Texans fans. I haven't lived in Houston since before the franchise was founded; as many of you on here know, it's hard to love this team but it's even harder to love it out-of-market. But back then, after 3 straight stupid losses, I swore "no more" until there was truly positive news. I've visited here as a guest a lot...daily during the seasons...but I didn't want to get dragged into the negativity. I was getting obsessive.

Since then I've still watched every game, read every article, and bought/displayed team gear at home and work. Traveled to games when I could. But again with the on-field stupidity this year? Really?

No sense waiting for "good news" now. If I wait for the Texans to bring me good news, I may have grandchildren by then. Considering my kids are very young and not being raised in Tennessee, that's saying something.

I've never felt closer to walking away from this team. At a certain point this gets ridiculous. Why should I be loyal? I didn't "graduate" from the Houston Texans Corporation. And loyalty to a corporate brand? If Shiner sold flat beer for 8 straight years I'm guessing I might give up on them after...well...6 or so.

The NFL showed no loyalty to my hometown when it allowed our previous franchise to bolt. The closest franchise to me now, the Ravens, doesn't belong in its home city either, not if corporations were held to the same standard as fans. NFL games in progress use home cities, not team names, as the labels on the scoreboard. Why? Are they paying for those "naming rights?" Why are fans supposed to show loyalty when franchises don't? Sounds to me like teams should do something to earn that kind of loyalty. Not sucking would be a start.

(Speaking of the Ravens, they went 6-0 last year against teams with losing records. Beating teams they're supposed to beat. What a concept.)

There just aren't a lot of teams that over an 8-year span peak at 8-8. And having lived outside the Houston market for every year of existence, it's incredible to me that while I'm scrambling to find a place to watch my team on TV, the game that's on basic cable is almost always better. Going out of my way to find a worse game to watch starts to look a little stupid.

I'm tired of this act. Tired of draft threads in week 3. Tired of the pink-soap lather-rinse-repeat. And amazed that a coaching staff of approximately one per player has not even one viable interim head coach candidate to permit the cleansing to begin. You don't just wake up that undermanned. You build that on purpose, over time. Maybe we're seeing why.

Oh, it'll probably end the same, with a little win streak, this year...just maybe finishing 6-10 rather than 8-8. I'm not falling for it anymore. No more licensed gear, no more road trips to games, and definitely no more missing better Sunday activities for Texans football. This team's tailor-made for TiVo. I'll watch when I can, vent and cheer here when I can, but if we're evolving into the Lions, no thanks. At some point, when the weeds are overgrowing the cinderblocks that hold up this so-very-small bandwagon, I may just have to jump off. And 8 years into this "ride" is hardly something I'd call giving up "already."

Loyalty? OK, I'll spot 'em a decade. Buying in? Nah.

OzzO
09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
/\ preach!

Porky
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
never said that. If you are gonna come in and question our "fanhood", that's fine, but many, many of us have been here from the start and there isn't any question that we are fans so if you want to call us out, at least try to figure out where you are when you are doing it.

Right. It's like a fellow bee from a neighboring hive flying around our hive to say hi, and then wondering why we want to turn into a band of wild killer bees because the queen bee has been promising a massive amount of honey for 8 years but instead all we keep getting is being squirted with a bunch of raid year after year. I'm about ready to take out a cow. :cow:

Or something like that. :hides:

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Fact is uglier than the "all is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds" fiction in the eyes of Panglossian fans who think that there's really nothing wrong with the team.

I don't think there's one person who was at the game, or watched on tv, that doesn't realize the team needs help, but seriously, what good can come of posting these ridiculous "Fire...", "Bench..." threads that appear on here. It's stupid on a grand scale.

Porky
09-28-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't think there's one person who was at the game, or watched on tv, that doesn't realize the team needs help, but seriously, what good can come of posting these ridiculous "Fire...", "Bench..." threads that appear on here. It's stupid on a grand scale.

What's even stupider is doing the same thing over and over again that hasn't worked, but expecting different results.

Chance_C
09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
I was riding home from Kansas yesterday with my cellphone (couldn't find game on radio) "watching" the game through the live ESPN website. The reason I do this is because I can't stand missing the games. This team gets you so excited (Tennessee) and this happens. Why do we always play bad after big wins? Save for the 5 out of 6 stretch last year, that's the way WE have always been. I'll be somewhere watching, listening, or reading on my cell phone next weekend just like I have since day one. But let me tell you they are killing me....

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM
What's even stupider is doing the same thing over and over again that hasn't worked, but expecting different results.

we were a yard away from tying the game. yes our defense had some gaping holes, but why all the "sky is falling" talk? we weren't a playoff team coming into the season...unless you're one of those hapless fools who listen to the so called experts at The Chron.

chill out...we're on the right path. or don't chill, make crazy assed posts, and live miserabely. either way, the Texans are going to do what they feel is right and not what a MB thinks.

Vinny
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
we were a yard away from tying the game. yes our defense had some gaping holes, but why all the "sky is falling" talk? we weren't a playoff team coming into the season...unless you're one of those hapless fools who listen to the so called experts at The Chron.

chill out...we're on the right path. or don't chill, make crazy assed posts, and live miserabely. either way, the Texans are going to do what they feel is right and not what a MB thinks.
our fans thought the defense would be at least mediocre. With the worst d in the league this team won't compete for a playoff spot. In NFL fan language it's Chicken little time. I mean, do you really just want to root for colors?

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
our fans thought the defense would be at least mediocre. With the worst d in the league this team won't compete for a playoff spot. In NFL fan language it's Chicken little time. I mean, do you really just want to root for colors?

we're three games into the season. whether we're mediocre or not has yet to be seen.

why did "our fans" think the defense would be mediocre?

-new defensive coordinator, new schemes=learning curve
-our secondary is so thin in talent, we're playing mid-round rookie CB's. that usually isn't a good sign of a quality defense
-same safety problem we had last season

Chance_C
09-28-2009, 02:29 PM
There is absolutely no excuse for our defense...bottom ass line

badboy
09-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Right. It's like a fellow bee from a neighboring hive flying around our hive to say hi, and then wondering why we want to turn into a band of wild killer bees because the queen bee has been promising a massive amount of honey for 8 years but instead all we keep getting is being squirted with a bunch of raid year after year. I'm about ready to take out a cow. :cow:

Or something like that. :hides:Porky, you would be willing to take out a cow, just leave da fried chicken for me! I do want to thank the original poster for coming to "our" MB and posting. I hope he sticks around and contributes.

badboy
09-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I was riding home from Kansas yesterday with my cellphone (couldn't find game on radio) "watching" the game through the live ESPN website. The reason I do this is because I can't stand missing the games. This team gets you so excited (Tennessee) and this happens. Why do we always play bad after big wins? Save for the 5 out of 6 stretch last year, that's the way WE have always been. I'll be somewhere watching, listening, or reading on my cell phone next weekend just like I have since day one. But let me tell you they are killing me....I think the police would like to talk to you about a hit and run.. seriously, watching anything on a cell is miraculous even if you are not driving.

Chance_C
09-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I think the police would like to talk to you about a hit and run.. seriously, watching anything on a cell is miraculous even if you are not driving.

Wasn't driving and note later where I said "reading"

StarStruck
09-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski
If your ready to give up on our team already you are not a true fan.

I always root for the Texans and wish them the best. But, I am not the type be ok with merely fielding a team year in and year out, shake the poms poms rah rah rah. Imagine where the team would be if we had not given up on David Carr, after all, he was really a good guy and I'm certain that he enjoyed the position as starting quarterback in the NFL. Sometimes it takes tough love to draw out the best in a team. With that said, I sure hope my Cowboys get a dose of if soon.

TexansBlood
09-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Spending $120 for my ticket vs the Jaguars-CHECK

Purchasing a red Andre Johnson jersey and spending almost $100 on it for battle red day-CHECK

Waking up at 5am to get ready for the tailgate-CHECK

Driving 45 miles to the game-CHECK

Contributing $100 for the tailgate party-CHECK

Getting drunk and crunk before the game-CHECK

Speding another $100 on beers inside the stadium-CHECK

Screaming my lungs out and stading up the whole game-CHECK

My Houston Texans team losing to a team we were suppose to beat-CHECK......

Me coming back next Sunday for the game-CHECK

Me being upset at the Texans for spending so much money, effort, time, and heart does not mean im not a true fan! I will always cheer for my home team but sometimes its aggravating. Any true fan has the right to be upset at the team that lacks so much effort!!! Us fans give more effort than them and its a shame...

Regardless, GO TEXANS :texflag:

badboy
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
we're three games into the season. whether we're mediocre or not has yet to be seen.

why did "our fans" think the defense would be mediocre?

-new defensive coordinator, new schemes=learning curve
-our secondary is so thin in talent, we're playing mid-round rookie CB's. that usually isn't a good sign of a quality defense
-same safety problem we had last seasonHow many D coordinators have we had? Safety was an issue that we have had for years yet Smithiack chose a SS in 7th? We drafted two tight ends and had (have)two starters ahead of both rookies and one isn't even on the roster. It is not just 3 games into the season Silver Oak, it is 3 games into the 8th season.

Dr2bKay
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Spending $120 for my ticket vs the Jaguars-CHECK

Purchasing a red Andre Johnson jersey and spending almost $100 on it for battle red day-CHECK

Waking up at 5am to get ready for the tailgate-CHECK

Driving 45 miles to the game-CHECK

Contributing $100 for the tailgate party-CHECK

Getting drunk and crunk before the game-CHECK

Speding another $100 on beers inside the stadium-CHECK

Screaming my lungs out and stading up the whole game-CHECK

My Houston Texans team losing to a team we were suppose to beat-CHECK......

Me coming back next Sunday for the game-CHECK

Me being upset at the Texans for spending so much money, effort, time, and heart does not mean im not a true fan! I will always cheer for my home team but sometimes its aggravating. Any true fan has the right to be upset at the team that lacks so much effort!!! Us fans give more effort than them and its a shame...

Regardless, GO TEXANS :texflag:

PREACH!!!! :goodpost:

Double Barrel
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Looks like someone has overdosed on battle red koolaid!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gqMtEZXV29bgsM:http://img.photobucket.com

Awesome pic, man!

I will be a Texans fan for as long as they are a Houston team (I'm loyal to my hometown that way).

That disclaimer aside, I'm not going to bathe in koolaide and keep believing that the yellow brick road is going to take us to Happy Land. We are who we are, regardless of who anyone thought we were going to be.

Loyalty to a team does not make the team above criticism.

False Start
09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
PREACH!!!! :goodpost:

I second that. I will be a Texans fan till the day the man up above takes me, but I'm not going to sit back and pretend that there aren't major problems with this team. I give em' hell when they suck it up, and praise them when they kick a$$. The people on this board just tell it like it is, that doesn't mean they are bandwagon fans or not true fans. To me, that makes them "real" fans. :fans:

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
we weren't a playoff team coming into the season...unless you're one of those hapless fools who listen to the so called experts at The Chron. chill out...we're on the right path.

Give me a break.........this is a classic example of "lowered expectations" (anybody remember that old Mad TV skit?). I mean excuse me if I EXPECT a team to make a playoff push sometime in a damn decade......especially when that team has had back to back 8-8 seasons and had a elite offense and a 1200 yard rusher last season, all they needed to do was improve on defense a couple of spots in ranking....the one area they had to improve and they didn't even hold open interviews for the damn job. (but yeah, this team is on the right path, with decisions like that we're going places for sure.)

This is what's wrong with this team, people spend more time searching for excuses for their poor play or yearly struggles, instead of holding people accountable. There is absolutely no accountability on this team...anywhere. You play like crap, that's okay, we'll trot your sorry ass back out there next week.

Do you realize that of the 32 teams in this league, 29 TEAMS HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN THE TIME THE HOUSTON TEXANS HAVE BEEN IN THE LEAGUE!...and of those 29 teams...a great majority have made the playoffs MULTIPLE TIMES. In the time the Texans have been in existence teams have been built, won and went to the playoffs, then they sucked and were blown up, then built up again and went back to the playoffs, but we're all hapless fools for expecting this team to suck it up, man up, and get over the damn hump and turn out a winning season at the very least once in 8 years. :rolleyes: But this is Houston where apparently being "almost good enough" is good enough. People are settling for mediocrity here......"We'll get'em next year" is becoming this team's battle cry.

I mean don't get me wrong.....I'll always be a fan of this team, but I'm not going to sit here in denial and act like this team's yearly progression level and decision making is remotely normal compared to other teams around the league or how we're some how....."on the right path".

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Monday's just wouldn't be the same without your rants CB.

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Monday's just wouldn't be the same without your rants CB.

It's not just a rant, it's called the truth.......whether people want to believe it or not. I'm not just some negative guy...a talk about what's going on and has been going on. I'm not going to lie to myself or anybody else and act like this crap we've been watching is normal. (It's not normal...all you have to do is look around the league to see that.) If I had more positive stuff to talk about, there would be plenty of positive posts.

Every year we have to watch losing teams make one personnel decision that turns around their team, while every single year.....Houston sucks in FA or makes some other crappy decisions and is stuck in the mud of mediocrity.

BrandonLwowski
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Same here texan till i die. People look at me funny when i wear my battle red jersey in san antonio with a look like "Why?" but everyweekend i wear it proudly. I wasn't saying our team doesnt have problems, i just dont want people giving up on our team already, we still have alot more games to go and a lot more football to play.

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
And another thing........threads like this really bug me.

Anybody who took their time to register to this board and takes time out of their day to post on it is more often than not, "A FAN". So it's completely rediculous for people to start threads like this questioning other posters' "fanhood" or loyalty to their team. The only people that did those things (register and post) and aren't fans are the rival fans of other teams who post on this board.

Maddict5
09-28-2009, 05:16 PM
btw since we're on fans... who the hell was that 'fan' that was nodding off during a big 3rd down play in the 4th(?) quarter that they showed on tv? that was embarassing as hell- although still only the second most embarassing thing that happened yesterday after the defence

TexanExile
09-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm not going to lie to myself or anybody else and act like this crap we've been watching is normal. (It's not normal...all you have to do is look around the league to see that.) If I had more positive stuff to talk about, there would be plenty of positive posts.

I think that's what I was trying to say but I used way too many words. :tiphat:

This team deserved a free pass for the first few years. It was an expansion team starting with nothing and it didn't get the sweetheart deal that CAR and JAX got when they came in. Even tossing in the first 3-4 years as freebies, though, other teams have made big moves in the standings since then. Our big move was going .500. That's sad. This is a big market with a great stadium and constant sellouts. We've done our part as fans. Where's the reward on the field?

Every time this team "turns the corner" it ends up being a cul-de-sac.

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 05:18 PM
btw since we're on fans... who the hell was that 'fan' that was nodding off during a big 3rd down play in the 4th(?) quarter that they showed on tv? that was embarassing as hell- although still only the second most embarassing thing that happened yesterday after the defence

LOL, yeah I saw that too......only thing I can think of is the guy must've started hitting the sauce REAL early. LOL

IlliniJen
09-28-2009, 05:29 PM

Are you kidding me? We struggled against a 0-2 team that has less talent than we do.

The sky has been falling for a long while. This team cannot produce wins on a consistent basis, nor can they even field the same attitude week to week. That's 4 years of Kubiak's reign that has produced nothing but inconsistent results. Gary seems to like to stay the course, and that course is 8-8.

BrandonLwowski
09-28-2009, 05:34 PM

Anybody who took their time to register to this board and takes time out of their day to post on it is more often than not, "A FAN". So it's completely rediculous for people to start threads like this questioning other posters' "fanhood" or loyalty to their team. The only people that did those things (register and post) and aren't fans are the rival fans of other teams who post on this board.

Look this post was not suppose to be bashing everyone on here saying there are not fans. This was to the people who are giving up on our team after 3 games. If you are gonna give up on the team this early or even at all you are not a true fan. Ever since day one i back up the texans 100% from david carr, dominick davis, to drafting andre, im here and ill never give up on the texans
:fans::fans::fans::fans:

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 05:35 PM

I haven't, nor have I seen anyone, question anothers fanhood by questioning their criticism.

For me, I prefer rational, constructive criticism...something this board usually has, but the knee jerk, fire/bench/demote/I quite posts are just pretty pointless.

BrandonLwowski
09-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I haven't, nor have I seen anyone, question anothers fanhood by questioning their criticism.

For me, I prefer rational, constructive criticism...something this board usually has, but the knee jerk, fire/bench/demote/I quite posts are just pretty pointless.

My point exactly rep this guy up:fans:

IlliniJen
09-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Look this post was not suppose to be bashing everyone on here saying there are not fans. This was to the people who are giving up on our team after 3 games. If you are gonna give up on the team this early or even at all you are not a true fan. Ever since day one i back up the texans 100% from david carr, dominick davis, to drafting andre, im here and ill never give up on the texans
:fans::fans::fans::fans:

You could probably do well to learn how to differentiate criticism and frustration from completely giving up on the team.

/end thread.

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Are you kidding me? We struggled against a 0-2 team that has less talent than we do.

our offense hung 300+ passing yards on them. on the other side of the ball, it is debatable rather we have more talent than their offense.

FirstTexansFan
09-28-2009, 05:42 PM

Rep your way... I've run the circuit of fandom, I was one of the loudest complainers about negativity. We've reached a point, heck, we've surpassed it a long time ago, where we can sit back and take the product put on the field. I was one of those NFL2002 posters and no one was happier and more optimistic than myself. I hated those that complained, I felt we were lucky to have a team, so why all the bitching? Well folks, enough's enough, I can't swallow that kool-aid BS, I wanna read the TRUTH, and the veteran posters here deal it in spades IMO :)

False Start
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM

He wasn't the only one, the guy sitting in front of me slept from the beginning of the 3rd quarter, until Dunta forced the fumble. :mcnugget:

SheTexan
09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
My kids are very grateful for this MB. I vent my frustrations out on my keyboard,:rant: rather than preaching to them!!:scarygirl: We all have Kevin to thank for a place to go where we can VENT, and at the same time share opinions with our fellow Texan friends. I have learned so much from members of this board!! I think we all believe we can respectfully agree to disagree on some issues, but, when its all said and done, we are on the same TEXAN bandwagon, and most of us will ride it to the end!!! JMO!

:shetexan:

Wolf
09-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the Board BrandonLwowski, I will say give it some time, most of us have been around this board a while (the software on this board used to be the one used on the official board , (If I am correct) .. There is highs and lows on this board just like there is on the Texans on gameday .. I can't and won't speak for others on her.. my frustration is that we have arguably the most talented team (overall) that we ever have and the offense turned it around pretty quickly with Kubiak.. the defense, has gotten worse. Maybe the guys are thinking too much instead of just playing, I don't know.. I can understand game one coming out and the defense sucking .. and I had some patience with that ...titans game was hell on my nerves and this game I saw NO adjustments (or noticed).. that is my frustration .. maybe I am pushing the panic button right now a bit.. but I don't buy the "it is only game 3" next week . this season is a quarter of the way through and in the NFL , it is a sprint not a marathon This team historically comes out sluggish and brings false hope when the games become meaningless in terms of the playoff picture . the offenses we have faced are not powerhouse offenses and that has got me nervous. Can the defense turn it around? They better because as fast as our offense can score points, the defense just about gives it away just as fast
as I posted on another thread

if I counted everything right from NFL.com

drives and scoring drives against the defense
jets 12 drives with 4 Scores (1 drive ended the half, 1 ended the game)
Titans 13 drives with 5 scores (none ended game/half) we had 2 TO
jags 11 drives with 5 scores (1 drive ended half, 1 ended game and 1 TO)

so if i counted correctly

we have 36 drives with 14 scores (2 ended half, 2 ended game 3 TO)

3rd /4th down percentages

jets 10/18 on 3rd, 2/2 on 4th
Titans 5/16 on 3rd ,2/2 on 4th
Jags 5/11 on 3rd ,1/1 on 4th

totals so far

20/45 on 3rd ,5/5 on 4th

add in total yards given up
jets 462
titans 420
jags 398

Ugly

with that said.. Next Sunday I will be watching and cheering and the Sunday after that and so on.. good or bad ... :texan:

Texan_Bill
09-28-2009, 06:30 PM
jets 462
titans 420
jags 398

HA!! Right there shows improvement!! :worm:

Wolf
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
true TB .. maybe my frustration has been building worse this year because I am watching this team while sober the whole time

Texan_Bill
09-28-2009, 06:38 PM
true TB .. maybe my frustration has been building worse this year because I am watching this team while sober the whole time

Ah-ha!! Sober huh?? That's got to be freakin' brutal... I can't do it... BTW, I was being facetious. Those numbers are absolutely pathetic.

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM

Same here......I made a personal decision to cut alcohol out of my life recently, but damn......the Texans are making that tough, LOL.

Wolf
09-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Same here......I made a personal decision to cut alcohol out of my life recently, but damn......the Texans are making that tough, LOL.

I am drinking the hell out of some tea!

and congrats CB! I am doing the same

Hardcore Texan
09-28-2009, 07:32 PM

I am drinking the hell out of some tea!

and congrats CB! I am doing the same

Are you doing it permanently? I am cutting way back myself but not completely out.

TexanBacker93
09-28-2009, 10:58 PM

Look at when the posts are made. I go into every game certain of a dominant victory with the players being carried off the field like Rudy. When they lose a game that they should have won I get emotional for a couple of days. Despite what Peter King thinks Texans fans are passionate. They care about their team and want them to do well. I think most people don't really want to see everyone fired. It's just a way to vent their frustrations.