crop of safeties are back there. He's starting for the Giants, just
so you know.

Norg
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
why dont we bring back petey Faggins and greenwood while we are at it :I

rollinstone18
09-27-2009, 09:53 PM
dude, no.

i say, come draft day, we go hard after eric berry (or taylor mays).

DexmanC
09-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Our safeties keep making the same mistake in that formation. Instead of
"staying at home" and eliminating the cut back lane, they bite IN and get
BURNED on a WIDE ASS OPEN LANE into the endzone. I'm not sure C.C.,
who has always been a solid safety, would have made the same mistake.

You can't call him Petey, because he's a STARTER on a Superbowl contender.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 10:10 PM

When did Faggins become a starter on a SB contender?

CT CSTM
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
The Texans FO continually bungle up stuff like the CC Brown situation. Rick Smith, when he walked into CC's hospital room shortly after he had surgery, told him point blank "Hopefully this won't hinder you from getting signed by another team" and the Texans basically treated him like yesterdays news from then on out...CC is a good guy and layed it out for the team week in, week out,,,

Probably the way they're going to do Pitts as well,,,

This is the attitude towards the players from the top down,,,

Alot of people think when a former Texan is on another team and says stuff about the FO that its just "Hating" on the Texans,,,,seems they have a common foot to stand on,,,

DexmanC
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
When did Faggins become a starter on a SB contender?

I'm referrring to C.C. Brown. He now starts for the Giants. I was answering
Norg's post about bringing Greenwood and Faggins back.

Point is, those two are not in Brown's class.

Norg
09-27-2009, 10:24 PM
i think when we out of the playoffs math wise we should start

John Busing
Brice McCain
Bernard Pollard
Glover Quin

See what we got draft some more rooksters in the OS Rinse and repet

and also Cut Dunta Punk ass and most of the secondary

Ryan
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Busing is starting right now and sucks.

HOU-TEX
09-28-2009, 12:48 PM
C.C. Brown would be an upgrade at SS right now. To me, that's a ringing endorsement of how pathetic we are at the position.

Mr. White
09-28-2009, 12:51 PM
The Texans FO continually bungle up stuff like the CC Brown situation. Rick Smith, when he walked into CC's hospital room shortly after he had surgery, told him point blank "Hopefully this won't hinder you from getting signed by another team" and the Texans basically treated him like yesterdays news from then on out...CC is a good guy and layed it out for the team week in, week out,,,

Probably the way they're going to do Pitts as well,,,

This is the attitude towards the players from the top down,,,

Alot of people think when a former Texan is on another team and says stuff about the FO that its just "Hating" on the Texans,,,,seems they have a common foot to stand on,,,

Don't doubt it. Instead of going with a known commodity, Rick Smith keeps rolling the dice with UDFA's. I'll never understand it.

I always thought CC got a bad rap around here.

brakos82
09-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Whatever happened to Will Demps? He went from Pro-Bowl alternate to unheard of in one off-season.

Mr teX
09-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Our safeties keep making the same mistake in that formation. Instead of
"staying at home" and eliminating the cut back lane, they bite IN and get
BURNED on a WIDE ASS OPEN LANE into the endzone. I'm not sure C.C.,
who has always been a solid safety, would have made the same mistake.

He's only starting b/c kenny phillips is done for the season. before that, he was right where he should've been all along when he was with us, on the bench & playing special teams.

I won't be surprised if he plays better there though. The Giants actually have a pass rush!

scourge
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Whatever happened to Will Demps? He went from Pro-Bowl alternate to unheard of in one off-season.

Seriously.

He is a free agent last I heard and I think he'd be an upgrade over anything we have in the backfield right now.

Blake
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
What would you guys give to have him back? He was never afraid to
stick his head in on the run, and he's never been the liability our current
crop of safeties are back there. He's starting for the Giants, just
so you know.

The Giants have injuries at the safety position which is why he is starting, just so you know.

This is a typical garbage thread from our fan base. We rip our current players apart for crappy incosistent play. Then when they leave we want them back and start threads about how he was never a liability against the run, and was the best thing since pockets, or the internet.

Vinny
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
The Giants have injuries at the safety position which is why he is starting, just so you know.

This is a typical garbage thread from our fan base. We rip our current players apart for crappy incosistent play. Then when they leave we want them back and start threads about how he was never a liability against the run, and was the best thing since pockets, or the internet.That's not the point. Brown is not good enough to play for us but some lowly team like the Giants can make it work. It's the same as McCree starting for the Chargers for years after we let him walk. We let go of Brown but think that Brandon Harrison is going to upgrade the position. nice

TimeKiller
09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
What would I give for CC back?

I'd give him the peice of shit he left on the field the last time he was here. That peice of shit is also called his "game".

Blake
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
That's not the point. Brown is not good enough to play for us but some lowly team like the Giants can make it work. It's the same as McCree starting for the Chargers for years after we let him walk. We let go of Brown but think that Brandon Harrison is going to upgrade the position. nice

The Giants can make it work? He has started 1 game for them so far, because of injuries. As far as the Texans letting him go, I can only assume his injury was cause for concern before inking him to an extended contract. And I dont like Brandon Harrison either, but he was already under contract.

Vinny
09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
The Giants can make it work? He has started 1 game for them so far, because of injuries. As far as the Texans letting him go, I can only assume his injury was cause for concern before inking him to an extended contract. And I dont like Brandon Harrison either, but he was already under contract. They had years to evaluate Harrison and projected him as a starter. Reeks of Stacey Mack syndrome

Hookem Horns
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
The Giants can make it work? He has started 1 game for them so far, because of injuries. As far as the Texans letting him go, I can only assume his injury was cause for concern before inking him to an extended contract. And I dont like Brandon Harrison either, but he was already under contract.

The Giants will make it work. That is just what they and other good football teams do. They didn't do too bad on D yesterday with him in there. Sure they were playing the Bucs but shutting out a team in their own stadium is an accomplisment no matter who they are.

Blake
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
The Giants will make it work. That is just what they and other good football teams do. They didn't do too bad on D yesterday with him in there. Sure they were playing the Bucs but shutting out a team in their own stadium is an accomplisment no matter who they are.

You are right. That is what good football teams do. They either coach up players to work well in their system, or use their talent around him to cover up the weakness.

The Texans have/do neither.

ArlingtonTexan
09-28-2009, 02:34 PM
The point is that there are plenty of CC Browns starting in the league (we just signed CC Brown by another name last week) and many of them on good defenses. Not every player needs to be high round pick, and in fact can't be a high round pick. The Texans have to do a better job placing player in positions where strenghts are highlighted versus asking below average tackling DBs to tackle one on one.