PDA

View Full Version : Question about last offensive play

TexanBacker93
09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Ok...I'm curious to see other opinions about this. With the Texans having 2nd and goal from the 2 the clock was moving towards the 2 minute warning. I was at the game and could clearly see that the game clock was a half a click in front of the play clock so the Texans could let the 2 minute warning hit without a delay of game. The Jaguars had only 1 timeout left at the time. I think the Texans should have let the game get to the 2 minute warning and then run a play. They still had 2 timeouts themselves and only had 2 yards to go. They would have had the time to score and it would have taken more time off the clock and eliminated a clock stoppage for the Jaguars. The fumble made all of that moot, but I'd like to know other's thoughts on this. I think it another incident of poor clock management, but I might be in the minority.

mariowillshine15
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
My question is why wasnt the fumble a booth review since it was at the two-minute warning? Why did we have to challenge that?

Silver Oak
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
My question is why wasnt the fumble a booth review since it was at the two-minute warning? Why did we have to challenge that?

it has to be inside two minutes. the fumble occurred outside that mark.

mariowillshine15
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
it has to be inside two minutes. the fumble occurred outside that mark.

Thank you

TexanBacker93
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
After doing some mental math (not real easy in my current state) I guess we would have used up only 6 seconds or so if we scored on the first play after the 2 minute warning. Still, each second can count if you are making a team go 50 yards to get into FG position.

hradhak
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I agree with you though that letting it get down to the 2 minute warning and then running a play is a good idea. Kubiak has never shown much IQ for clock management.

bah007
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
I know the fumble renders all of this moot but I agree with you. I would have let the two minute warning hit before I called another play.