PDA

View Full Version : I dont want to call out anyone....

Atl Cav
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
...but these posts (note below)criticizing Matt Schaub are sad and revealing.

This guy has had to deal with no defensive support, poor O-Line play, and no running game. I became a Houston supporter because I thought Matt could really help turn this franchise around. Anyone with a little league knowledge of football knows where the Texans are weak. Shore up the glaring - and I mean HUGELY glaring issues - and this franchise can win.

Obviously there is talent on defense, just why cant we enforce our will on the opposition?

bah007
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
I haven't been hangin around the board much today so I haven't seen any posts criticizing Schaub.

Anyone who lays any of this on Schaub is just flat out wrong.

NitroGSXR
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
...but these posts (note below)criticizing Matt Schaub are sad and revealing.

This guy has had to deal with no defensive support, poor O-Line play, and no running game. I became a Houston supporter because I thought Matt could really help turn this franchise around. Anyone with a little league knowledge of football knows where the Texans are weak. Shore up the glaring - and I mean HUGELY glaring issues - and this franchise can win.

Obviously there is talent on defense, just why cant we enforce our will on the opposition?
I don't know what you're talking about. My only concern with Schaub are his injury issues. Outside of that, he's been absolutely solid. I'm happy to have him on my team.

TexanBacker93
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
The INT was on him, but I can live with those kind of plays because he's trying to make something happen and more often than not I think Andre gets that ball. He's going to have great plays and he'll have some turnovers as well. I think the better plays will be more frequent, though. I would like to see him look at Andre sometimes in the red zone. Maybe they don't want to go that way, but the man deserves some chances down there. If it's a play call issue let Schaub call the plays down there.

BSofA04
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Schaub is god. Defensive coordinator is an ass-hat.

cdollaz
09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Schaub may not be elite, but he is WAYYYYY down on the list of our problems. Just about every position on our team needs upgrades before QB is considered.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Schaub may not be elite, but he is WAYYYYY down on the list of our problems. Just about every position on our team needs upgrades before QB is considered.

7 TD (should be 8) and 1 INT through 3 games........there's ALOT of teams that would take that in this league, infact a large majority of them would take that production.

Schaub isn't the problem in Houston, the defense/coaching is.

Thorn
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
7 TD (should be 8) and 1 INT through 3 games........there's ALOT of teams that would take that in this league, infact a large majority of them would take that production.

The offense isn't the problem, even with it not running very well. We are scoring points.

It's simple. Our defense sucks, and that's why we have lost two games.

eriadoc
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
The INT was on him, but I can live with those kind of plays because he's trying to make something happen and more often than not I think Andre gets that ball.

That is almost exactly what I said when that INT happened. I just shrugged and said no big deal. It was early in the game, he was throwing to AJ one-on-one, and the INT left the Jags with poor field position, so it was no worse than a punt, really. I'll take gambles like that.

mariowillshine15
09-27-2009, 08:19 PM
The offense isn't the problem, even with it not running very well. We are scoring points.

It's simple. Our defense sucks, and that's why we have lost two games.

In Houston defense is waiting to get back on offense.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I haven't been hangin around the board much today so I haven't seen any posts criticizing Schaub.

Anyone who lays any of this on Schaub is just flat out wrong.

And anyone who says Schaub is spotless, is flat out wrong.

Plenty of blame to go around here.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
The INT was on him, but I can live with those kind of plays because he's trying to make something happen and more often than not I think Andre gets that ball.

I didn't get a clear view of it, but from the stands, it looked like he couldn't step into his throw.

Had he been able to step up, that ball would have been in front of AJ for a TD.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Where's the plenty of blame for Schaub......he's played excellent in back to back weeks.

Sorry, but other NFL teams get paid too. You can't bank on your QB to throw TDs everytime he has the ball to bail you out.

Schaub holds no blame in this game......he MORE THAN did his part today. He even lead us down for what would've been the game tying TD.

Yes he threw a pick, but that happens from time to time. If you could guarantee me that Schaub would have 300 yards, 3 TD passes, with 1 INT.....I'd take that every week. God knows what his #s would look like right now if he had a defense that could get off the damn field and give him the ball more.

Wolf
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Where's the plenty of blame for Schaub......he's played excellent in back to back weeks.

Sorry, but other NFL teams get paid too. You can't bank on your QB to throw TDs everytime he has the ball to bail you out.

Schaub holds no blame in this game......he did MORE THAN did his part today. He even lead us down for what would've been the game tying TD.

Yes he threw a pick, but that happens from time to time. If you could guarantee me that Schaub would have 300 yards, 3 TD passes, with 1 INT.....I'd take that every week. God knows what his #s would look like right now if he had a defense that could get off the field and give him the ball more.

yes!

I mean heck, this was the jags offense we were against and gave up 31 points .. this wasn't the Saints or any of the high powered scoring offenses

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 08:50 PM

Schaub holds no blame in this game......he did MORE THAN did his part today. He even lead us down for what would've been the game tying TD.

Yes he threw a pick, but that happens from time to time. If you could guarantee me that Schaub would have 300 yards, 3 TD passes, with 1 INT.....I'd take that every week. God knows what his #s would look like right now if he had a defense that could get off the field and give him the ball more.

I'm not saying he didn't have a good game. But he could have been better. & for where we want to go, he needs to be better. There were several throws all through the game, where he had no pressure, yet he almost threw it in the dirt. Causing our receivers to have to bend over, come back or in some way adjust to a poorly thrown ball.

That's what they get paid to do... yada, yada, yada. That's not my point. If there's no reason for him not to throw a perfect ball, I expect it to be a perfect ball.

There were several times I wished he had thrown the ball to the deeper receiver, and he decided to hit the guy on the shallow/intermediate route. I understand that I can't watch the pocket, & the receivers at the same time, so it's kinda hard for me to judge if he made the right decision or not..

& my biggest criticism of Matt Schaub, is that I expect him to make plays more times than not when protection breaks down.

It's my opinion, that what happened at the end of the game, would have been different if he would have played better earlier in the game.

I'm not saying he Romo'd us. Only that he has room for improvement.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm not saying he didn't have a good game. But he could have been better. & for where we want to go, he needs to be better. There were several throws all through the game, where he had no pressure, yet he almost threw it in the dirt. Causing our receivers to have to bend over, come back or in some way adjust to a poorly thrown ball.

That's what they get paid to do... yada, yada, yada. That's not my point. If there's no reason for him not to throw a perfect ball, I expect it to be a perfect ball.

There were several times I wished he had thrown the ball to the deeper receiver, and he decided to hit the guy on the shallow/intermediate route. I understand that I can't watch the pocket, & the receivers at the same time, so it's kinda hard for me to judge if he made the right decision or not..

& my biggest criticism of Matt Schaub, is that I expect him to make plays more times than not when protection breaks down.

It's my opinion, that what happened at the end of the game, never would have played better earlier in the game.

LOL, No quarterback in this league throws a "perfect ball" every single pass (even if they have good protection). If the watermark here is that Schaub has to be "perfect" week in and week out, I hate to disappoint you, but that's NEVER going to happen......no QB can live up to that expectation.

When your offense moves the ball like ours did and your QB plays as well as ours did.......you should win.....any other criticism is just nitpicking. This is one of those "too much credit and too much blame things". Anybody who's trying to place blame at the feet of Schaub is reaching and ignoring what really cost us the game.

buddyboy
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM

Obviously Schaub wasn't spotless, and obviously if Schaub played *better* we could have won...

But he definitely great, and good enough for a win if the defense could hold even once.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 09:06 PM
What do you know......the alltime great Peyton Manning had perfect protection, plenty of time to throw, and even he just floated a pass for a INT..

Nobody is perfect...

Did anybody watch Drew Brees today?......didn't play near as good as Schaub, but his defense sure as hell showed up. :rolleyes: Gee I bet that would've helped today.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
LOL, No quarterback in this league throws a "perfect ball" every single pass (even if they have good protection). If the watermark here is that Schaub has to be "perfect" week in and week out, I hate to disappoint you, but that's NEVER going to happen......no QB can live up to that expectation.

When your offense moves the ball like ours did and your QB plays as well as ours did.......you should win.....any other criticism is just nitpicking. This is one of those "too much credit and too much blame things". Anybody who's trying to place blame at the feet of Schaub is reaching and ignoring what really cost us the game.

I'm not blaming Schaub. I thought I made that clear. I hope our coaches aren't giving him the same pass you are though. That's how we end up giving $8 million bonuses to QBs that don't deserve it, & waste a year of our time, then franchise a CB that is a laughing stock.

And even though we gave up 31 points, and 3000 yards, we were still in this game in the last 2 minutes. I don't think we can just blame the defense.

This game, to me..... is us playing a team that is our equal. if they score 31, we've got to score 32 to win.

One day in the future, our equal will be the Steelers, or the Colts, or the Patriots. & they will score 31 points. If we can't score 32 points on the Jags, then it's not looking good for us to ever be in the same category as the Good AFC teams.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
What do you know......the alltime great Peyton Manning had perfect protection, plenty of time to throw, and even he just floated a pass for a INT..

Nobody is perfect...

Did anybody watch Drew Brees today?......didn't play near as good as Schaub, but his defense sure as hell showed up. :rolleyes: Gee I bet that would've helped today.

So what are you saying? That our offense should just put a hold on getting better, & wait for our defense to catch up?

I bet Peyton will lose sleep over that through, because he expects better of himself.

GP
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
As a former Schaub doubtist, I can't find any way he is to blame for today. The pick he threw was not a game-changing pick. He did enough.

The Jags just ended up getting pissed off and ready to play football for the whole game, like we did last Sunday vs. the Titans. The Titans ran into a wasp nest by facing us last Sunday, and we ran into a wasp nest facing the Jags this Sunday.

If we don't allow easy pass completions by the infamous 10-yard DB cushion that this team seems to provide at no extra cost to the opponent's offense, and if we seal off cut-back lanes that MJD ended up exploiting, we win that game.

Matt Schaub did his part, IMO. Even Jacoby Jones ended up providing a TD (again).

The defense made Garrard and his crew look like Pro Bowlers.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 09:21 PM
So what are you saying? That our offense should just put a hold on getting better, & wait for our defense to catch up?

I bet Peyton will lose sleep over that through, because he expects better of himself.

Umm........NO (where the hell did you get that?)

What I'm saying is our offense (from Schaub's play) CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER.

The guy threw for 300 yards, threw 3 TDs (all to different receivers), and lead us on what shoud've been a game tying drive (even threw a 4th TD, to a 4th different receiver that got called back).......what else do you want?

What I said is, to expect "perfection" is stupid.......NOBODY CAN LIVE UP TO THAT EXPECTATION and While Peyton will get pissed about that pick (much like how I'm sure Schaub was mad about his today), that doesn't mean he's not going to float a pass here or there or miss a receiver in the future.

Seriously your expectations are unrealistic.

TexanBacker93
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM

He actually has 2 INTs. One against the Jets too where he underthrew it a bit.

Can Schaub be better? Yes. Everyone can be better. Is his play good enough to win games if the rest of the team plays well? I think so. I'd rather not need my QB to be perfect in order to win games.

Norg
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I havent seen to many Matty disses today i think all the smart fans know Matty is not our problem this season so far

Second Honeymoon
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
If anyone blames Schaub for the loss, they are a moron. he was one of the only reasons we were even in th game.

one of these days, we may just have to come to terms that Kubiak doens't know any good defensive coordinators and is perhaps too insecure to hire someone from outside the Denver Circle.

one thing we know is that this defense is poorly coached. we have too much talent to be this pathetic against big plays.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
He actually has 2 INTs. One against the Jets too where he underthrew it a bit.

Can Schaub be better? Yes. Everyone can be better. Is his play good enough to win games if the rest of the team plays well? I think so. I'd rather not need my QB to be perfect in order to win games.

You're right.....I forgot about that one (thanks :) ), but that defense has made every QB look stupid. Opposing QBs have combined for just 1 passing TD and 4 INTs against that defense.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Umm........NO (where the hell did you get that?)

What I'm saying is our offense (from Schaub's play) CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER.

The same place you're getting me saying that Schaub caused us to lose the game.

The guy threw for 300 yards, threw 3 TDs (all to different receivers), and lead us on what shoud've been a game tying drive (even threw a 4th TD, to a 4th different receiver that got called back).......what else do you want?

Hey, if that 4th TD wasn't called back because of an offensive penalty, our offense would have been better. If we then went for two we could have won the game. That would have been better.

If we didn't fumble the ball on the goal line, & then gone for two, we would have won the game.

I'm not saying the defense couldn't have played a lot better. But out of the 6 possessions we started on our side of the field, we crossed midfield 3 times.

Offensively, we could have played better, and Matt Schaub is a big part of our offense.

What I said is, to expect "perfection" is stupid.......NOBODY CAN LIVE UP TO THAT EXPECTATION

& nobody said that I expect Schaub to be perfect. I said when there is no pressure, I expect a perfect ball. No one should expect anything less, especially since that is all he's got.

I expect him to handle pressure at least as well as that rookie from USC. I expect him to burn teams when they blitz.

I expect him to throw the ball downfield, & not settle for the shorter routes.

I expect him to slide feet first.

and While Peyton will get pissed about that pick (much like how I'm sure Schaub was mad about his today), that doesn't mean he's not going to float a pass here or there or miss a receiver in the future.

Seriously your expectations are unrealistic.

Again, I never said I expect him to be perfect.

hradhak
09-27-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't think Schaub did a bad job of managing this game. My criticism of today's game from the offense was that we didn't try and stretch the defense enough. Schaub had time to throw, but either the calls weren't made to throw down the field or Schaub wasn't looking. I feel like our only chance to win is to threaten the D with bombs.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't think Schaub did a bad job of managing this game. My criticism of today's game from the offense was that we didn't try and stretch the defense enough. Schaub had time to throw, but either the calls weren't made to throw down the field or Schaub wasn't looking. I feel like our only chance to win is to threaten the D with bombs.

He had 6 passes that were longer than 20 yards.....

A 8.6 ypa average on 35 throws.......that's pretty damn good.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
He had 6 passes that were longer than 20 yards.....

A 8.6 ypa average on 35 throws.......that's pretty damn good.

Wasn't good enough today.

DexmanC
09-27-2009, 09:49 PM

It's my opinion, that what happened at the end of the game, would have been different if he would have played better earlier in the game.

Blah Blah Blah. This defense quits giving up 30+ points a game, it wins.

That one line solves this team's problems. Not the 10 paragraphs in the
quote box.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Blah Blah Blah. This defense quits giving up 30+ points a game, it wins.

That one line solves this team's problems. Not the 10 paragraphs in the
quote box.

We gave up 30+ last week, and still won, so that can't be it.

bah007
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM

I don't recall saying that Schaub was spotless. Nobody played a perfect game today.

But Schaub is probably about #15 or so on the list of reasons why we lost today. Let's try to fix the bigger problems before we call his play into question.

He did enough to put us in position for the win today. No he didn't win the game for us, but he isn't the one that choked with the game in his hands either.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 10:00 PM
The same place you're getting me saying that Schaub caused us to lose the game.

Hmm......that's funny, becuase I never said that in this thread...

I'm not saying the defense couldn't have played a lot better. But out of the 7 possessions we started on our side of the field, we crossed midfield 3 times.

A good consistent running game might help in that area.

Offensively, we could have played better, and Matt Schaub is a big part of our offense.

Yeah, and that's been the only consistent part of our offense that has moved the ball consistently......again check running game.

& nobody said that I expect Schaub to be perfect. I said when there is no pressure, I expect a perfect ball. No one should expect anything less, especially since that is all he's got.

Yeah and that's what I typed......which is why I posted this...

Or this as a example...

Nobody is perfect...

It is unrealistic to expect a perfect throw every single throw...even with a clean pocket. That would be like asking a starting pitcher to NEVER miss his spot. It simply isn't going to happen.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 10:02 PM

LMAO

Of coarse it's not......not when you have a defense getting scored on left and right and a defense that only forces 3 damn punts the entire game. :rolleyes:

This isn't madden where when you hit receiver "O", the pass goes to the same spot on the same route every single time, no matter what. NOBODY IS THAT PERFECT.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 10:12 PM

Do me a favor and go pull up teams that have defenses who give up 30 points a game and then post their record. I'd REALLY love to see it. :rolleyes:

m5kwatts
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
QB is at the bottom of our list of things we need to upgrade. DT and both safety's are #1

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't recall saying that Schaub was spotless. Nobody played a perfect game today.

But Schaub is probably about #15 or so on the list of reasons why we lost today. Let's try to fix the bigger problems before we call his play into question.

He did enough to put us in position for the win today. No he didn't win the game for us, but he isn't the one that choked with the game in his hands either.

I've thought for a long time, that Houston fans, even the luv ya blue fans, are happy with good enough. Rockets, Astros..... nobody expects perfection, but we're pissed off about mediocre....

Doesn't make sense to me.

& I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I was just saying.

But it's not like they play/practice/work as a team all week long. QBs work with the QB coach, LBs work with the LB coach.... etc. They should all be working on getting better IMO. No one should be sitting out this week, thinking they did good enough to win last week.

& I do not blame Chris Brown either.

thunderkyss
09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
It is unrealistic to expect a perfect throw every single throw...even with a clean pocket. That would be like asking a starting pitcher to NEVER miss his spot. It simply isn't going to happen.

So you don't think Peyton expects to make a perfect throw every time, even with pressure in his face?

All I'm saying, is that Schaub could have played better.

Even after giving up 30+ points, we still could have won the game.

Are you denying either/both of those?

Mr teX
09-27-2009, 10:45 PM

I go back and forth with you dude. At times, you'll post things that makes me think you actually have a nice breadth of football knowledge and at others, it's like "what the hell?"

Lord, what is the world coming to when a guy who throws for 657 yds, 7 TDs and 1 pick over 2 games & it's still not enough?

GNTLEWOLF
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM

C'mon...you can't give up 30+ points a game and expect to win many games...that is it period as long as the offense puts points on the board.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 11:21 PM
So you don't think Peyton expects to make a perfect throw every time, even with pressure in his face?

All I'm saying, is that Schaub could have played better.

Even after giving up 30+ points, we still could have won the game.

Are you denying either/both of those?

????

Expecting to make a perfect throw and being ABLE to make a pefect throw every time are two different things, don't really know what you're trying to get at there. LOL, I'm sure just about EVERY NFL QB expects to make a perfect throw....just like every athlete in every sport expects to make the right play, but they don't.

And Again, I'm not sure how much "better" Schaub could have played......he played great, just like he did the week before.

As far as how we could've won the game, well yeah.........we could've won the game if the defense even played to a mediocre level, but they played well below that.

Carr Bombed
09-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Lord, what is the world coming to when a guy who throws for 657 yds, 7 TDs and 1 pick over 2 games & it's still not enough?

Tell me about it

TheRealJoker
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
The coaches did Schaub a disservice by going away from the run game that was being productive in a close game and letting the defense pin their ears back on our QB.

Norg
09-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Well after we watching

Bushing
and mcain did play Badly Bushing was benched

i didnt see GLover or our other rookie that i forgot the name of

Bullman needed more snaps

and Casey did play but was innactive

we did leave some points of the board in the 4th Q But hey at the end that was a bogus call on walter and brown fumbled Ball scurity is a MUST esp for a secondary Running back

thunderkyss
09-28-2009, 12:38 AM
????
As far as how we could've won the game, well yeah.........we could've won the game if the defense even played to a mediocre level, but they played well below that.

& even after playing crappy defense... which you should have expected. We were still in position to win this game.

Norg
09-28-2009, 12:41 AM
even the announcers said the call on walter that costed us a TD was bogus

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 12:41 AM
& even after playing crappy defense... which you should have expected. We were still in position to win this game.

Yeah and the back fumbled the ball........also you're ignoring one of the reasons why we were in position to win the game was because of Schaub's play....it's tough to have it both ways. If he has even a average day, Houston doesn't have a shot in hell to win that game.

If Schaub has even a average day last week, we'd be sitting here talking about a 0-3 team. I mean you keep saying "we were still in position to win this game"...WTH do you think that was? Our defense didn't keep us in the game :rolleyes:

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 12:43 AM
even the announcers said the call on walter that costed us a TD was bogus

It was, but that happens in the NFL...

thunderkyss
09-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah and the back fumbled the ball........also you're ignoring one of the reasons why we were in position to win the game was because of Schaub's play....it's tough to have it both ways. If he has even a average day, Houston doesn't have a shot in hell to win that game.

If Schaub has even a average day last week, we'd be sitting here talking about a 0-3 team. I mean you keep saying "we were still in position to win this game"...WTH do you think that was? Our defense didn't keep us in the game :rolleyes:

& you're ignoring the fact that our defense forced the fumble that gave us the ball, and allowed Schaub to do his thing.

Shaub sucks.

Shaub needs to get better.

Shaub is perfect.

All three of those statements are different. I said & believe the second one.

Schaub cost us the game.

Schaub could play better.

Schaub played a perfect game.

Again, three different statements. I said, & believe the second one.

Carr Bombed
09-28-2009, 01:04 AM
& you're ignoring the fact that our defense forced the fumble that gave us the ball, and allowed Schaub to do his thing.

Shaub sucks.

Shaub needs to get better.

Shaub is perfect.

All three of those statements are different. I said & believe the second one.

Schaub cost us the game.

Schaub could play better.

Schaub played a perfect game.

Again, three different statements. I said, & believe the second one.

Well......let me stop and thank the defense for getting a turnover. I mean it was the least they could do.

Thanks defense, thank you for getting a turnover after spending the entire day getting your teeth kicked in :rolleyes:

Schaub isn't going to get much better than the way he's played the last two games........and you know what, he shouldn't have to, the defense is what needs to improve.

beerlover
09-28-2009, 01:20 AM
what we have here is failure to accumulate the players needed to run a winning NFL franchise.

one, we go back to the draft & free agency-

this we have done just not well enough.

two, replace the coaching staff-

done this too. do we really want to revist this scenero again?

three, trade for impact players-

yet to try. only dabbled in who they projected to be impact players.

So the Texans need to nail their draft picks & aquire better free agents, keep the coaching staff intact for continuity sake, & make a big trade for a change not just under the radar deal to actually gain on the competition & show their fan base they care about putting a better product on the field @ Relient

JCTexan
09-28-2009, 01:41 AM

Wow. 300 yards, 3 touchdowns, and drove the offense down for the tying TD, but the refs blew a call on what would have been his fourth TD pass of the game. His next pass after the interference call was to David Anderson at about the 1 yard line. Are you blaming him for Chris Brown fumbling on the next play? For the defense giving up 31 points to the Jags? What do you honestly expect from him: 400+ yards & 5 tds?

thunderkyss
09-28-2009, 05:31 AM
Wow. 300 yards, 3 touchdowns, and drove the offense down for the tying TD, but the refs blew a call on what would have been his fourth TD pass of the game. His next pass after the interference call was to David Anderson at about the 1 yard line. Are you blaming him for Chris Brown fumbling on the next play? For the defense giving up 31 points to the Jags? What do you honestly expect from him: 400+ yards & 5 tds?

Look, if mediocrity is fine with you, then that's fine. As long as he's not the main culprit for this weeks loss we'll let him take the whole week off, how does that sound?

As a matter of fact, since "the reason" we lost this week, was because the defense couldn't get off the field, let's let the whole offensive & special teams have the rest of the year off of practice.

No reason to try to get better there, because we're already perfect, and waiting on the defense to catch up so we can start bringing the Lombardies home to Houston.

We had 10 offensive possessions yesterday, we only scored on 4 of them. 2 were 3 & outs, 2 others we were forced to punt, because we couldn't cross mid-field. So all together, there were 4 possessions were our offense couldn't cross mid-field. then we had 2 turnovers, one field goal, and 3 TDs.

6 out of 10 possessions ended with no score. Only 4 ended in scores. That's less than 50%.

Grams
09-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Look, if mediocrity is fine with you, then that's fine. As long as he's not the main culprit for this weeks loss we'll let him take the whole week off, how does that sound?

As a matter of fact, since "the reason" we lost this week, was because the defense couldn't get off the field, let's let the whole offensive & special teams have the rest of the year off of practice.

No reason to try to get better there, because we're already perfect, and waiting on the defense to catch up so we can start bringing the Lombardies home to Houston.

We had 10 offensive possessions yesterday, we only scored on 4 of them. 2 were 3 & outs, 2 others we were forced to punt, because we couldn't cross mid-field. So all together, there were 4 possessions were our offense couldn't cross mid-field. then we had 2 turnovers, one field goal, and 3 TDs.

6 out of 10 possessions ended with no score. Only 4 ended in scores. That's less than 50%.

Oh I see. We should have scored everytime we had possession. You expect perfection and nothing else is good enough.

Doesn't matter that the defense made the Jags offense look fantastic yesterday.
Doesn't matter that the refs blew the pass interference call on Walter yesterday.
Doesn't matter that Cris Brown fumbled the ball at the goalline yesterday.

Schaub did not lead the team to a score everytime we had the ball. So we lost.

Hmmm, think something is wrong with your expectations.

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
what we have here is failure to accumulate the players needed to run a winning NFL franchise.

one, we go back to the draft & free agency-

this we have done just not well enough.

two, replace the coaching staff-

done this too. do we really want to revist this scenero again?

three, trade for impact players-

yet to try. only dabbled in who they projected to be impact players.

So the Texans need to nail their draft picks & aquire better free agents, keep the coaching staff intact for continuity sake, & make a big trade for a change not just under the radar deal to actually gain on the competition & show their fan base they care about putting a better product on the field @ Relient

a voice of reason in a sea of stupidity.

rep your way for being reasonable when so many are not.

Showtime100
09-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Boy, atl cav told all of you off. :specnatz: This guy has nine posts and is a die hard Houston "supporter" from all the way back when Schaub became the #1 quarterback. :thinking:

Straighten up and fly right you guys. Don't make him come over here again. :ant:

Hi, I'm Showtime, and I do not endorse this message.

JB
09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Well after we watching

Bushing
and mcain did play Badly Bushing was benched

i didnt see GLover or our other rookie that i forgot the name of

Bullman needed more snaps

and Casey did play but was innactive

we did leave some points of the board in the 4th Q But hey at the end that was a bogus call on walter and brown fumbled Ball scurity is a MUST esp for a secondary Running back

What????

Mr teX
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM

300 yds passing & 3 TD's is not mediocrity dude..far from it.

Texan JBZ
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Man. Thunderkyss, you're way off base on this one. OMG, what else do you want the guy to do. He's had no running game to back him up at all, and the defense has been atrocious. Yet, he's had us in position to win two out of the three games played so far. I can't reasonably think of anything else the guy can do, except for maybe passing for 400 yards and 6 TDs a game.

JCTexan
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM

No, I'm not fine with mediocrity which is why I'm not blaming Schaub. He passed for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns. He had Houston at 2nd and goal from the 1, but they ran the ball. He's tied for 2nd with Peyton Manning in the NFL in touchdown passes with 7 (only behind Brees). His play has not been average or below average. He's played really good football the past two games. I'm not saying he should take the week off, or can't get better, just that you can't really put any of the blame on him for this loss. You want to blame Chris Brown for fumbling or the defense for giving up 31 points for the 2nd consecutive game? Fine, but putting any blame on Schaub who passed for 300 yards, 3 touchdowns, and led them down to the one yard line in the final two minutes seems dumb. Now if you want to talk about mediocre why not put blame on the defense? Giving up 31 points the past two games is worse then mediocre. You aren’t going to win too many games giving up 31 points in this league. Am I fine with mediocre? No, but the QB wasn’t mediocre.

Vinny
09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
C'mon...you can't give up 30+ points a game and expect to win many games...that is it period as long as the offense puts points on the board.
credibility is hard to attain and easy to destroy. That said, some people don't care if their argument is ridiculous. It's usually the same guys.

JDizzle
09-28-2009, 01:17 PM

GNTLEWOLF, meet thunderkyss.

thunderkyss
09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
GNTLEWOLF, meet thunderkyss.

C'mon... I'm not saying that we should be able to win every game even if we give up 30 pts.

I'm saying we could've won yesterday, even though we gave up 30 pts.

I'm saying some of the guys on this board think everything is rosey if we win a game, and everything is crap when we lose.

We played the same way against Tennessee that we played against the Jaguars, the only difference was we got a W in Tennessee. That game was huge for the Texans.

My point is.. (& I'm not calling any specific names) if you weren't as upset after the loss to Tennessee as you are today, you have no right to be. That was the same defense we saw in Tennessee, against the Jets, & in the Pre-season for all you "preaseason doesn't matter" folks.

I may be the only one with this train of thought, & I may be out of my mind, & I may not have a lick of "football knowledge" But I'm not crying about the same crap that I knew we were going to see.

Instead, I'm saying we all need to get better on both sides of the ball.

There will be a game when the "big reason" we lost, was because of turn-overs, and someone will get a goofy nickname (Rosencoptor) for doing the same things we cheered him for the game before.

There will be a game when everybody else realize, "hey, we can't win games if we don't score in the second half."

There will be a game when everybody else realize, "hey, we can't win games, if we can't cross midfield on most of our possessions."

Then there will be that game that everyone will realize, again.... "hey we can't win games if we don't put the ball in our best players hands."

Hey, we lost the game yesterday because we gave up 30+ points, and big plays on the ground, & we suck on 3rd downs. But there will be a day, when that won't be the problem. If our coaching staff is like you guys, then we'll attack problem #2 on the list. If our coaching staff is like me, then all these other problems will be addressed, as we fix the defense.

4 possesions in the second half, and 3 points to show for it. Yeah, Matt Schaub did all he could do. So did Slaton, Chris Brown, AJ, Walter, Jacoby Jones, the offensive line, Kyle Shanahan & Alex Gibbs..... they were the nuts.

This loss is 100% on Frank Bush & the defense, what was I thinking? We should totally be able to win games, when our offense plays for 30 minutes, then wait for the defense to score a touchdown.

JDizzle
09-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the insight. Can't wait for coach tk to drop another long-winded analysis of a nothing play after watching it on DVR.

thunderkyss
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the insight. Can't wait for coach tk to drop another long-winded analysis of a nothing play after watching it on DVR.

unfortunately, I forgot to set my DVR.

Wolf
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree TK . it still was a winnable game but defense is flat out giving up the points as fast as the offense can put them up

too bad Gilbride and Buddy Ryan wasn't here

I wonder if KG would punch BR

:smiliedance: :boxing:

ObsiWan
09-28-2009, 07:50 PM

DeMeco agrees (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5618) with you

Houston Texans LB DeMeco Ryans
(on what happened out there) "We didn't play good defensively, obviously. We can't expect to give up 31 points and win the game. We just can't do it. I'ts unacceptable. We have to find a way to get better on defense. We've got to make plays."

thunderkyss
09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
DeMeco agrees (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5618) with you

I'm sure everyone agrees with him.

But we could've won yesterday.