PDA

View Full Version : We Are DEFENSELESS!!!!!!!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Having been forced to sit through 3 hours of miserably painful viewing, I was banging my head to try to figure out what the heck our D is being taught and what they've been practicing.

Now I get it.......The defense strategy can be easily explained by a famous military strategist:

We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction........ General Douglas MacArthur

The only problem is that this is not the military..........it's the NFL!

Of course, right now, the Texans don't seem to fit either category.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Antonio Smith is a joke. Weaver part 2.

Thorn
09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
All those high draft choices haven't produced a damn thing except a defense that's last in the league. I am getting really tired of this damn defense.

Texans34Life
09-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Antonio Smith is a joke. Weaver part 2.

Ditto.

Hardcore Texan
09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
This defense is among the worst I have ever seen. Just plain terrible, our CB's need to learn to tackle, our safeties need some football 101, our DL couldn't pressure a litter of kittens.........just a big fat joke. I don't care how many games we win even if we could eeek our way into the playoffs (which we won't), you don't go anywhere with such a weak, pathetic defense.

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2009, 03:22 PM
We kept almost everyone near the LOS............still couldn't get the sack..............still couldn't stop the run........still couldn't stop the screen............and left the field wide open for the receivers.

Wolfiegrrl
09-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Perhaps Mr. Bush is trying too hard with this defense. I saw too many blown coverages. Veteran players are eating our young defense alive. I'm wondering when Kubiak is going to sit Mr. Frank Bush down and have a "Come to Jesus" conversation.

On a High note... The Titans are now 0-3!!!!!!

TexansFanatic
09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
This team has enough talent to win. This is a poorly coached team.

Too bad.

New_Texans
09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
We are overly aggressive...he teaches be aggressive but not play smart. The Drew run was in part because Busing was being overly aggressive and over ran the play. The missed tackles, people over running the play. He needs to teach them to be more controlled.

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2009, 03:25 PM
On a High note... The Titans are now 0-3!!!!!!

It's pretty sad when we can get excited over not being in the cellar.

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
We are overly aggressive...he teaches be aggressive but not play smart. The Drew run was in part because Busing was being overly aggressive and over ran the play. The missed tackles, people over running the play. He needs to teach them to be more controlled.

The whole team was bunched near the LOS with the only real goal, to protect the RUN UP THE MIDDLE and RUSH THE QB..........neither effective because the sidelines were poorly protected deeper coverage was virtually non existent.

eriadoc
09-27-2009, 03:30 PM
That forced fumble near the end is going to cause everyone to forget how poorly Dunta played today. The team is not getting its money's worth with him.

Fred Bennett needs to be fired.

Our safeties suck - all of them.

Our DL sucks, except for Mario.

I don't know how we have "a lot of talent" on the defensive side of the ball with so little production. Aside from Mario and the 'backers, I'm not seeing much.

OzzO
09-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Dunno - kinda liking the arm tackles and all safeties moving up to stop the run, then get juked out of a running cut for a 50+ yard run.... 3 games in a row.

*sigh*

New_Texans
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
That forced fumble near the end is going to cause everyone to forget how poorly Dunta played today. The team is not getting its money's worth with him.

I don't know how we have "a lot of talent" on the defensive side of the ball with so little production. Aside from Mario and the 'backers, I'm not seeing much.

Dante was fine (coverage-wise), Torry Holt didn't burn us like that rookie. Bennett on the other hand....

The tackling is very sloppy with this team.

bckey
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM

I totally agree on every point. Rep to ya my friend. Nevermind. Says I must spread it around. Can someone rep Eriadoc for me?

bckey
09-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Bennett was picked on all day for a reason. He sucked bad. Cut him and move on.

utahmark
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM

i thought dunta played fine. busing and bennett didn't look so hot.

ObsiWan
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Bennett was picked on all day for a reason. He sucked bad. Cut him and move on.

I'm afraid you're right. He needs to sit.
on a bus...
back to S. C.

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
i thought dunta played fine. busing and bennett didn't look so hot.

He missed some very key tackles.

New_Texans
09-27-2009, 03:46 PM
How long until Reeves is back?

also, Pollard better be getting play time next week no excuses why he shouldnt.

eriadoc
09-27-2009, 03:47 PM
He missed some very key tackles.

Yep, and he missed them Texans-style: all arms.

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2009, 03:52 PM

Here let me help you:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:0xchGH9GJI6oxM:http://www.filizdupont.com/Painting/The%2520naked%2520king.jpg

Now can you see it?

NathanT27
09-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah we have no defense, I have the Texans Defense on my Fantasy team, I got -1 Points for them! Luckily thats Bench Points but still!

mariowillshine15
09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Jamarcus Russell is a terrible QB so naturally he will throw for 400 yds and 5 TDs. Pick him up in your fantasy leagues people.

Mr teX
09-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Yep, and he missed them Texans-style: all arms.

Figures......Bennett has routinely gotten targeted by opposing qb's this year & really gets his lunch ate in all aspects of the game today & we come in here trying to light up Dunta b/c he couldn't stop MJD by himself on a 4th & 3..Newsflash, noone on the defense could stop him today, so why try to highlight 1 play against Dunta? Some of you guys and your agendas.

eriadoc
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Figures......Bennett has routinely gotten targeted by opposing qb's this year & really gets his lunch ate in all aspects of the game today & we come in here trying to light up Dunta b/c he couldn't stop MJD by himself on a 4th & 3..Newsflash, noone on the defense could stop him today, so why try to highlight 1 play against Dunta? Some of you guys and your agendas.

Nah, I said in another thread that Freddie needs to be fired. There's not much sense railing on about him. He can't do the job, and need to be fired. End of story. Dunta, on the other hand, can do the job, but he isn't. So he's going to get more critical commentary. I never said Dunta needs to be fired, but I have expressed how disappointed I am in his play. Bennett is just beyond any bitching. Just fire him.

Get it now?

PS - also, it wasn't one play. I'll be re-watching it later, and I'll make sure to include time stamps just for you.

Mr teX
09-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Nah, I said in another thread that Freddie needs to be fired. There's not much sense railing on about him. He can't do the job, and need to be fired. End of story. Dunta, on the other hand, can do the job, but he isn't. So he's going to get more critical commentary. I never said Dunta needs to be fired, but I have expressed how disappointed I am in his play. Bennett is just beyond any bitching. Just fire him.

Get it now?

PS - also, it wasn't one play. I'll be re-watching it later, and I'll make sure to include time stamps just for you.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as a Jackass, but my thing is, i just have a hard time jumping on his play when there are so many other problems going on in our secondary; mainly bennett & Barber/Busing & Wilson as well as the team wide missing tackles epidemic.

& yeah, I know it wasn't just 1 play where we could've gotten better from him, but as soon as i saw that play I knew that's what people would harp on. Coverage wise i thought he was fine as far as holding Holt to 3 rec for 57 yds. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the others though....

Wolf
09-27-2009, 04:14 PM
The way D-rob is playing , I don't think he has to worry about the franchise tag by the Texans next season

(or any of the secondary)

but this is the Texans

eriadoc
09-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as a Jackass, but my thing is, i just have a hard time jumping on his play when there are so many other problems going on in our secondary; mainly bennett & Barber/Busing & Wilson as well as the team wide missing tackles epidemic.

& yeah, I know it wasn't just 1 play where we could've gotten better from him, but as soon as i saw that play I knew that's what people would harp on. Coverage wise i thought he was fine as far as holding Holt to 3 rec for 57 yds. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the others though....

TBH, when I posted this, I had forgotten about that particular play. I didn't have one play in mind, just a mosaic of bitching about him that I'd done during the game.

I expect more from Dunta than I expect from Bennett. He's a first round pick who is getting paid almost ten mill this year and he's supposed to be trying to prove that he's worth the kind of money he turned down. I expect more from Dunta than I expect from Busing. If Busing sucks, I just shrug and think well, that's what you get from an undrafted guy who made the team on sheer hustle and ought to be playing ST. Even when Faggins was giving it up like a crack ho, I lamented that the coaches had mis-cast him, saying he should have never been anything more than a nickel back at best.

Dunta Robinson was worthy of being considered a team's #1 CB before he got injured. He wants us all to believe that he is back to that and worth more than $23 million guaranteed. He hasn't proven it to me yet. So far, he's been downgraded to "Just A Guy", which is better than all the other scrubs we have, but not proving anything. I'm OK with the way he handled business, as long as he backs it up on the field. So far, he's not worth what he turned down, much less the average of the top 5 CBs in football.

awtysst
09-27-2009, 04:24 PM

But thats on Bush. He is the coach, his job is to teach. He cannot even get the team to do the fundamentals like not missing tackles.