PDA

View Full Version : Our defense is a joke

blitz90
09-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Win or lose today, our D is a joke. We are not a playoff caliber team. Our offense is somewhat playoff worthy but our D is definitely one of the worst in the league. I'm VERY disappointing, especially with all of the solid draft picks on that side of the ball. Do they even do tackling drills in practice? Sheesh

WesmanTexanfan
09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Win or lose today, our D is a joke. We are not a playoff caliber team. Our offense is somewhat playoff worthy but our D is definitely one of the worst in the league. I'm VERY disappointing, especially with all of the solid draft picks on that side of the ball. Do they even do tackling drills in practice? Sheesh

Its super frustrating cuz its not like we have no one on that side of the ball, we could use some help over the top and a bigger DT but other than that its all coaching IMO...

but i am with you....

ObsiWan
09-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Its super frustrating cuz its not like we have no one on that side of the ball, we could use some help over the top and a bigger DT but other than that its all coaching IMO...

but i am with you....

I dunno... they know us too well. they know how to beat us.

Hervoyel
09-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Why type it again?

The Texans chose to hire him (Bush). When they were absolutely and without any semblance of a doubt in dire need of correcting their defensive problems they did not go seek out the services of an accomplished defensive mind with an established identity and a demonstrably effective scheme. Instead they* chose to hire a friend. They hired a guy they knew and thought was ready to step up to the next level. They then went out and got him some more help in the form of Antoine Smith, Cushing and Barwin.

Frank Bush's defense is shit. It sucks as much as Richard Smith's defense sucked. It can't get off the field. It can't stop anybody. They can't tackle, they don't communicate, and they can't focus. Mental mistakes rule the day and we have done what I literally did not think was possible with these players. We've regressed from the stooges that Richard Smith coached into the coma patients that Frank Bush coaches. The only thing about last weeks game in Tennessee that meant anything was the obscene yardage and point production of the Titans. That was real. Everything else about this team turning a corner and finally reaching some new level of play was all bullshit. They played tough because they were humiliated by the Jets.

If you have to get humiliated the week before to play like you're capable then you're a perennial 8-8 team. If the only time you step up and act like you got a pair is right after someone kicks you in them then you might as well not have any at all.

Actually I am not displeased at all with the offense today. With Studdard taking Pitts place and this being the Jaguars who always play us tough I'm happy with 24 points so far. I understand the problems we're dealing with on that side of the ball. The defense though, those guys are worthless with a handful of exceptions and those exceptions would be good players no matter where they played. Fred Bennett is easily one of the most worthless football players I've ever watched pretend to play the game. He can't cover anybody and he can't tackle anybody. That limp attempt at bring down Jones-Drew during the screen to the right side in the third quarter sent me away from my television in disgust.

Frank Bush is the hire that's going to send Gary Kubiak back to his first, best career as somebody else's offensive coordinator. I can't believe that with his head coaching career on the line that ****ing Butthead impersonator hired Frank Bush to save his butt. What a joke. Pity it's on US again.

*By "they" I mean primarily Gary Kubiak but I concede that his decisions receive the blessings of Rick Smith and Bob McNair.

mussop
09-27-2009, 04:08 PM
At this point I say bring back Richard Smith!

pbat488
09-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Fred Bennett is a complete joke. I get so frustrated watching him play, so much more than any other person or thing on our team.

Dread-Head
09-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I aint laughing.

swtbound07
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
jokes are funny.

Our defense would be like a holocaust joke. Nobody likes them.

New_Texans
09-27-2009, 04:18 PM
At this point, Richard Smith's defense was far better than Bush's and thats sad.

Tailgate
09-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Our team is a joke. Has been from day 1. Its just how it is and going to be for a long time.

New_Texans
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Our team is a joke. Has been from day 1. Its just how it is and going to be for a long time.

The offense isn't a joke; the offense is good not to mention our special teams is very consistent as well. Its that porous defense.

Ben Frank
09-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Fred Bennett is a complete joke. I get so frustrated watching him play, so much more than any other person or thing on our team.

Agreed.. Fred Bennett in my opinion is garbage.. and the jags knew that, thats why thay kept going at him.. and thay won the game by executing that game plan

HTown2ATX
09-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Just dissapointed.......not worth spending more time than that describing it. Should have beat the Jags, our D is really, really bad.

Should have had the whole COOGS team on the sideline during the game, to remind this team that at least SOME PLAYERS in Houston give a shit and play hard!

Today's D gets the POOF lion! :lion:

valleytexfan
09-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Very very frustrated with the defense today. They give up too many big chunks of yards....then I'm blowing chunks. C'mon!!!!

JDizzle
09-27-2009, 04:27 PM
That was utter garbage. It aint gonna get better folks, so prepare yourselves.

Goatcheese
09-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Frank Bush is officially worse than dick smith. :polevault:

worldlyman
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I think it'll get better because it really cannot get any worse.

Dunta put in a great clutch play.

I think this new system is getting major wrinkles out of the way. Recall, the Oiler's D in 1993 when they were implementing Buddy Ryan's system. They blew assignments out the wazoo but finally got it together as the season wore on. True, this Texans D doesn't have quite the same talent level but I expect it to improve as the season goes on (and we don't have a murderer's row of the likes of Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew).

As bad as the defense was, the Texans were still in position to tie the game, give themselves a chance.

TheIronDuke
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Frank Bush is officially worse than dick smith. :polevault:

You really prefer Dick over Bush?

Thorn
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
That was utter garbage. It aint gonna get better folks, so prepare yourselves.

The worst part is, the Texans won't totally tank. We'll end up 8-8 again probably, Kubiak keeps his job another year, and then he gets fired after the 2010 season. We get a new head coach for the 2011 season and he starts all over again.

Then in 2012 the frigging world ends. We will never see a super bowl in our lives. This makes Thorn sad.

Goatcheese
09-27-2009, 05:00 PM
You really prefer Dick over Bush?

Yes, I much prefer dick smith's defense of 2008 to Frank Bush's defense of 2009.

Go back to our 13-12 victory over the Tits last season, and the Monday night beat down against the Jags, then compare them to the last two weeks.

Which would you rather see?

TheIronDuke
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes, I much prefer dick smith's defense of 2008 to Frank Bush's defense of 2009.

Go back to our 13-12 victory over the Tits last season, and the Monday night beat down against the Jags, then compare them to the last two weeks.

Which would you rather see?

I'm not big on Bush but I REALLY don't want to see Dick.

dickieb
09-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Why do we blitz when it doesn't work? If we were getting sacks or forcing bad decisions - I would understand but our blitzing sucks. I would rather have them in coverage - and I like pressure and blitzing defenses it just sucks we are not yet capable of doing worth a crap.

Soonerborn03
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Fred Bennett is a complete joke. I get so frustrated watching him play, so much more than any other person or thing on our team.He may be the worst tackler on the team. If he's not the worst, there is no one on this team that gets out of position to make a tackle faster than Bennett.

Txn_in_FL
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Win or lose today, our D is a joke.

Your face.