PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fisher to Titans: Stop finger-pointing

Wolf
09-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Titans Coach Jeff Fisher defended his coaching staff on Monday and said finger pointing from the locker room won't be tolerated.

After the Titans lost 34-31 to the Texans on Sunday, several defensive players said they saw things they hadn't prepared for and thought the team did a poor job of making adjustments during the game.

Adjustments were made on the sideline but weren't executed on the field, Fisher said. On Monday he addressed the subject with his players and later with the media.

"Let me set the record straight here: When you are a good football team and you start off the season (0-2) there is going to be frustration, OK? And the only way you get out of it is you avoid pointing fingers at anybody,'' Fisher said.

"Everybody accepts the blame and you move on. There were adjustments made on the sideline for each and every thing that we saw. There was an adjustment made for that last big pass that they made, I heard it. The players alluding to the fact that we're having trouble making adjustments need to pay better attention to what is going on on the sideline.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090922/sports01/909220360

whiskeyrbl
09-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Turmoil in Tennessee? Yep they are the old Oilers.

Goatcheese
09-26-2009, 06:24 PM
After the Titans lost 34-31 to the Texans on Sunday, several defensive players said they saw things they hadn't prepared for and thought the team did a poor job of making adjustments during the game.

There's no way to prepare for AJ going beastmode on your ass.

TheRealJoker
09-26-2009, 06:36 PM
The coaches didn't bite on play action repeatedly when the run was ineffective all game...

Wolf
09-26-2009, 06:39 PM
my momma always said "when you point at someone, three fingers are pointing back at you" :ant: