PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Joel Dressen

dalemurphy
09-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I wanted to give some credit to Dressen. Not only has he made some big catches the first two games but he has really stepped up and been solid as the long snapper. That can't be an easy thing to do with such limited experience. Thank you, Joel Dressen!

76Texan
09-25-2009, 11:17 PM
I've been saying we should incorporate him into our passing game a little more.

The Pencil Neck
09-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I really think we could go to a 3 TE lineup and really pose some matchup problems for a lot of teams. OD, Dreessen, and Casey can all catch the football.

And, if you recall the Chiefs game a couple of years ago, we went with 3 TE's and AJ when AJ busted that long one over the middle. Everyone bit on the play fake leaving a corner thinking he had inside help when he didn't get any.

Wolf6151
09-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Joel Dressen has been playing very well this year. I can see the Texans putting the transition tag on Daniels and then trading him before next years draft, then Dressen will take over as the starter. I can see the Texans doing to same thing with Dunta next year. The transition tag will greatly lower their expected FA salaries making them tradeable, hopefully.

76Texan
09-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Joel Dressen has been playing very well this year. I can see the Texans putting the transition tag on Daniels and then trading him before next years draft, then Dressen will take over as the starter. I can see the Texans doing to same thing with Dunta next year. The transition tag will greatly lower their expected FA salaries making them tradeable, hopefully.

I never pay attention to these things.
How does a transition tag work?

TheRealJoker
09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I never pay attention to these things.
How does a transition tag work?

I think the transition tag means we can either pay them the avg of the top 10 paid players at their positions (instead of top 5 for franchise tag) and we get the right to match any offer the team gives the player. This leaves us vulnerable to "poison pill" contracts like when Steve Hutchinson was signed to the Vikings they put a clause in his contract that his cap hit would be a ridiculous number if he played a certain number of games in Seattle.

I dont think that it means we get compensation for the player, just the right to match the offer or pay them the average of the top 10 paid players at their position.

ChampionTexan
09-26-2009, 08:39 AM
I think the transition tag means we can either pay them the avg of the top 10 paid players at their positions (instead of top 5 for franchise tag) and we get the right to match any offer the team gives the player. This leaves us vulnerable to "poison pill" contracts like when Steve Hutchinson was signed to the Vikings they put a clause in his contract that his cap hit would be a ridiculous number if he played a certain number of games in Seattle.

I dont think that it means we get compensation for the player, just the right to match the offer or pay them the average of the top 10 paid players at their position.

If there's not a new CBA by then, there won't be a need to use a transition tag on Daniels, he can be made a RFA (again) - which does guarantee compensation if he ends up going somewhere else.

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2009, 08:41 AM

That is correct.