PDA

View Full Version : Jets Honor Diehard Fan

texasguy346
09-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Jets give Fireman Ed game ball from win over Pats
By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)—Fireman Ed has something new to cheer about.

The Jets’ most famous fan received a game ball from coach Rex Ryan during the team meeting Friday for helping lead a raucous Meadowlands crowd during New York’s 16-9 win over New England last Sunday.

“On behalf of the fans and representing the fans, we gave him a game ball,” Ryan said. “There’s two, actually, one in our trophy case and we gave him the other one. He does a great job.”

Ed Anzalone, a New York City firefighter, has been coming to every Jets home game for years, wearing a fire helmet and leading the “J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!” cheer.

“That’s really the first time I’d ever seen him,” Ryan said. “When I was here before as a visitor, I kind of blocked everything out and never really noticed him. It’s hard not to notice him when you’re standing on the sideline and he’s getting the fans going and everything else.”

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-firemaned&prov=ap&type=lgns)

That's a really great gesture by the Jets.

mexican_texan
09-25-2009, 10:36 PM
So he's a slimmer version of Joe Texan

OzzO
09-26-2009, 03:43 PM
just wonder - can everyone in the stadium hear him or is mearly hand signals or timing?

Why doesn't the bull pen do something like this - ya drunken fools. Oh, I know - y'all just like the "first down" chant.

...just messin with ya...