PDA

View Full Version : Safety: does busing get the start this week?

silvrhand
09-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Anyone know if Busing is getting the start this week at safety for us? I've been watching with what time I do have and I like this guy for some reason. He just seems to be constantly improving in his skills.

gtexan02
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
PFT didn't seem impressed, but anyone is an improvement over Barber I guess

76Texan
09-25-2009, 03:35 PM
He should start, even though it's alright by me if Pollard gets the nod.
Even Ferguson if he's healthy.

Heck, they can put Adibi back there for all I care!

gtexan02
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Lets play AJ at safety

76Texan
09-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Lets play AJ at safety

Heck, he might get a couple of INTs for TD thataway! :kingkong:

Goldensilence
09-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Considering he's been most consistent at SS I hope they go ahead and give him the nod.

Not all world, but he sure is an improvement over Barber.

m5kwatts
09-25-2009, 04:46 PM
He should start, even though it's alright by me if Pollard gets the nod.
Even Ferguson if he's healthy.

Heck, they can put Adibi back there for all I care!

Pollard?! Is our safety situation so bad that a guy signed mid-week starts on Sunday??

My vote is for Wilson & Busing

mussop
09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
I like Busing. He has shown more in the little time he has had than any other safety we have had. I think he has alot of potential. As long as he's not hurting us with big mistakes I would like to see him get more playing time. Hes young always around the ball and is a pretty good special teams player as well. Give him a chance to develop.

kozanack
09-26-2009, 12:09 AM
According to the Friday practice report, Kubes said Busing has earned a lot more playing time. He doesn't say that Busing will start.

ObsiWan
09-26-2009, 12:11 AM
At this point, it doesn't matter who starts. Until someone emerges as a solid standout, I think we'll continue to rotate guys at safety the same way we rotate the D-linemen. Right now Busing seems to have the "early lead".

dalemurphy
09-26-2009, 12:19 AM
According to the Friday practice report, Kubes said Busing has earned a lot more playing time. He doesn't say that Busing will start.

The depth chart on houstontexans.com, which has been extremely accurate, has Busing starting at SS, Ferguson backing him up... Wilson starting at FS, with Barber backing him up. This adjustment was made this week. So, that's another indication that Busing will be getting a lot of playing time.

76Texan
09-26-2009, 12:23 AM
That's reasonable!

silvrhand
09-26-2009, 10:39 AM
At this point, it doesn't matter who starts. Until someone emerges as a solid standout, I think we'll continue to rotate guys at safety the same way we rotate the D-linemen. Right now Busing seems to have the "early lead".

I tend to disagree getting the start shows that Busing has done nothing but make consistent progress since day 1 and it'll be "his" shot at becoming a true safety in the NFL. He should come out just all balls and hopefully fly around the field, I don't know if you have ever played football but when you beat someone out and you get the call it's a big boost.

At least it was for me, I like this kid for some reason.

Kal
09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
I wasn't overly impressed by Busing ... he made a good pass deflection to prevent a TD (although he had position so it was more a bad decision by the QB to throw) but his run support that leaves me underwhelmed. He doesn't make any stops, and for a guy that plays as close to LOS as he does thats not good enough.

eriadoc
09-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I wasn't overly impressed by Busing ... he made a good pass deflection to prevent a TD (although he had position so it was more a bad decision by the QB to throw) but his run support that leaves me underwhelmed. He doesn't make any stops, and for a guy that plays as close to LOS as he does thats not good enough.

He had an INT in the Jets game as well. And no one is saying Busing is a good safety. We're just encouraged by the fact that a virtual nobody (in football terms) won a spot on the team through sheer hustle and is working his way up the ladder. He's better in pass coverage than Barber, so far as anyone can tell, and we need a safety who is good at something. Barber's not good in run support or pass pro. Wilson is a solid journeyman type, so he's a good complement.

Busing may or may not be the answer long-term, depending on his improvement, but he's better than anyone else we currently have (which is sad), and he's easy to root for.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Barber makes Busing look like Ed freaking Reed.

Porky
09-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Barber makes Busing look like Ed freaking Reed.

QFT! Barber should be cutting hair because he doesn't cut it at safety. :gun:

Fox
09-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I like that he makes plays on the ball and that he's better than Barber/Ferguson. Other than that I just see him as a band-aid until we get someone else in there. Maybe after a couple weeks we'll see Pollard in at SS on run downs and Busing on passing downs.

TimeKiller
09-26-2009, 01:01 PM

Yeah but his pass coverage is a plus. Pluses are rare in the secondary round these parts. Barber is not looking so hot, Ferguson might make tackles but that's just when they aren't throwing it past him. I'm sure his numbers will improve with time, seems like he's done nothing but progress from special teams to a discussion of whether or not to start him at SS so I'd be fine giving him time on the field.

Joe Texan
09-26-2009, 01:25 PM
He is a freaking Rookie who makes plays on the ball and is better in pass coverage, but he is just a band aid? I see him as a solid addition to the Texans and am glad you couch coaches are just that Couch Coaches.

JB
09-26-2009, 01:39 PM
He is a freaking Rookie who makes plays on the ball and is better in pass coverage, but he is just a band aid? I see him as a solid addition to the Texans and am glad you couch coaches are just that Couch Coaches.

What you talking about?

Busing is in his 4th year!

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=408

Lucky
09-26-2009, 02:38 PM

What you talking about?

Forget it, he's rolling.

silvrhand
09-26-2009, 09:17 PM
What you talking about?

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=408

He came into college as a WR, then moved to OLB, which he led the nation in interceptions, then then was moved to SS for the bengals. He's probably still in development and might have finally found his footing finally after moving around to several positions.

- John

rollinstone18
09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
hate to say it but busing ain't much of an upgrade over barber.

anyone know why the coaches have completely lost faith in ferguson? he wasn't that bad last year.

swtbound07
09-27-2009, 03:13 PM
anybody know where we can buy a real safety??

Neg rep to anybody who suggests anything other than spending our first rounder on a safety. I'm done with this 60 + yard td on defense shit. thats 3 straight freaking weeks.

DexmanC
09-27-2009, 03:15 PM
hate to say it but busing ain't much of an upgrade over barber.

In fact, he walks into the game and commits the SAME FREAKING MISTAKE
Barber got BENCHED FOR on the Jones-Drew run.