PDA

View Full Version : If You Were Coach: Week 3

TimeKiller
09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Do you let Jacoby Jones return punts?

Double Barrel
09-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I voted no. Exciting player sometimes, but I don't trust his hands. And the way he holds the ball when he's running with it just invites a defender to punch it out from behind. He's a fumble waiting to happen, IMO.

NitroGSXR
09-25-2009, 02:06 PM
I wish there was an option for a total benching. I don't want him playing for the Houston Texans at all. I wish he could but I don't think he has the necessary talent at all to bring us back. Sure, he's a big play player but has had too many errors to justify that value. I really wish he had panned out after what I saw during that Dallas Cowboys preseason game back in 2007 (2006?).

For me... the Jacoby Jones experiment is a total failure. Tennessee's punt return justified that conclusion.

Texan_Bill
09-25-2009, 02:06 PM
No also. He scares the hell out of me. I would rather have Avion Black back.

Ryan
09-25-2009, 02:20 PM
yes...dude's a playmaker in open field. You can teach him how to catch the ball, but that athleticism can't be taught.

Vinnie
09-25-2009, 02:28 PM
I hope for my health's sake he isn't. I swear he's a heart attack waiting to happen every time he's back there. I voted NO.

4Texans
09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
No. I've said it before, he gives me a heart attack everytime he's back there to return a punt. I won't last the rest of the season........

Corrosion
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
No also. He scares the hell out of me. I would rather have Hobie back.

:spit:

I voted Double No - I dont want him returning punts or kicks.

Sure , he's a big play player .... You just never know who he's gonna make that big play for , the Texans or the opponent.

I would like to see him on the field at WR a bit more. I dont think his ball security issues stand out as much when he is isolated against a single defender as they are on PR / KR.

TheRealJoker
09-25-2009, 02:43 PM
I'd like him to focus 100% on being the deep threat WR he showed last week he's capable of being. He's a liability in the return game but he could pose major matchup problems downfield if we can get him one on one with a safety.

Plus, if we aren't gonna trade him then it would be good to let him play WR 100% now to see if he can take over for Walter if he decides to walk next year (which I would HATE to see happen).

Andrew6
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
I get scared chitless every time I see a ball punted/kicked to him. I automatically think turn over, not touch down.

gtexan02
09-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Absolutely, he's freaking brilliant. Purposefully bobble a PR because you know the opposition will catch it and get you an extra 15 yards when you're pinned up against your own goal line? Smart!

Missing a wide open catch so that the next time the defense game plans they'll give you single coverage and you can make an acrobatic catch for 7? Smart!

The dudes a step ahead of everyone

Marcus
09-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Absolutely, he's freaking brilliant. Purposefully bobble a PR because you know the opposition will catch it and get you an extra 15 yards when you're pinned up against your own goal line? Smart!

Missing a wide open catch so that the next time the defense game plans they'll give you single coverage and you can make an acrobatic catch for 7? Smart!

lol: Nice

TimeKiller
09-25-2009, 04:19 PM

He's not Vince Young!!! No need for the Johnny Cochran defense!!

thunderkyss
09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't ever want to see him returning punts again. I'm okay with kick-offs, but no more punts.

& I'd like to see him take more WR snaps.

I like Kdub...... a lot, & I like Anderson. But I like what JJ could be even more.

hadaad
09-25-2009, 05:25 PM
JJ Moses FTW

m5kwatts
09-25-2009, 05:33 PM
He should be on a short leash whatever his role is. I think even with Walter back he should be in the game over Andre Davis though. He doesn't run Zebra routes so David Anderson's reps won't be affected by Jacoby. I think he'll be on the field in place of Walter, who won't play 60 plays this weekend.

Texan_Bill
09-25-2009, 05:36 PM
:spit:

I voted Double No - I dont want him returning punts or kicks.

Sure , he's a big play player .... You just never know who he's gonna make that big play for , the Texans or the opponent.

I would like to see him on the field at WR a bit more. I dont think his ball security issues stand out as much when he is isolated against a single defender as they are on PR / KR.

:foottap: Bastage!!! I didn't see that you snuck that in there.

Maddict5
09-25-2009, 06:14 PM
yeah.. a confident JJ is a big asset- see if he can carry the confidence from last week over. one more muff/fumble and he's gone though. plus if he does it v the jags at home it shouldnt cost us the game knock on wood

Corrosion
09-26-2009, 12:23 AM
:foottap: Bastage!!! I didn't see that you snuck that in there.

I coulda substituted you instead of :hobie:

joedinkle
09-26-2009, 01:16 AM
I won't mind if he returns kick offs, but I'd like to see David Anderson on punts. Since Kubiak got here, no Texans player has put the ball on the ground and been given more chances than JJ.

GP
09-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd like to see him more at WR.

Punt returns only if he'd be fielding the kick just past the 50, and NEVER if he's fielding that kick near our own 20. NEVER. If the PR is that deep, put someone else in who has the smarts to let it go over his head or actually catch it with hands instead of shoulder pads.

If he were to fumble it near the 50, the opponent has 50 yards to go. If he fumbles it at the 20, that's no bueno.

steelbtexan
09-26-2009, 10:09 AM
I wish one of the choices would have been

More play at WR no play at KR/PR.

I dont know how many more fumbled punts I can stand.

JJ makes my heart beat a little faster every time he lines up to return a punt.