PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about him...but I love this guy!

Dread-Head
09-23-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry, one may call him a showboat, but Chad Johnson makes football entertaining! How dull would the sport be without this guy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Ochocinco-planted-those-Bengals-fans-in-the?urn=nfl,191579

Ocho-Cinco (which I believe should be ochenta y cinco...but what do I know) I aint mad at cha baby!

Ckw
09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry, one may call him a showboat, but Chad Johnson makes football entertaining! How dull would the sport be without this guy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Ochocinco-planted-those-Bengals-fans-in-the?urn=nfl,191579

Ocho-Cinco (which I believe should be ochenta y cinco...but what do I know) I aint mad at cha baby!

I don't have a problem with the guy at all. He's an *****, but he is also an entertaining *****. If he would ever going back to paying attention to just playing football, he'd be one of if not the best WRs in the league.

WWJD
09-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Can't stand the guy.

eriadoc
09-23-2009, 07:38 PM

I never hear about him at all, and I have to say, football's pretty good without him.

steelbtexan
09-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Chad's one of the best receivers in the league. Yeah right, Playoff games played in 1, Playoff games won 0. I think that says it all. If he was as good as he thinks he is in his own mind the Bengals would have won a SB already.

Dont compare AJ to him. Chad has had real talent around him Palmer, Housh and what used to be a good OL.

Chad is a glory hound who is all about the money. He could care less about winning.

Thank god he's not a Texan.

mattieuk
09-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Chad's one of the best receivers in the league. Yeah right, Playoff games played in 1, Playoff games won 0. I think that says it all. If he was as good as he thinks he is in his own mind the Bengals would have won a SB already.

So the playoff-less AJ and CJ are both just so-so receivers? ;)

Seriously though, Chad isn't one of the NFL's premier receivers at the moment, and definitely wasn't last year. How much of that was the QB situation is debatable...plus he had a great number 2 receiver to pick up the catches when he was being focused on by defenses.

As for his 'antics' though. Well, I enjoy them. Its nice to get some comic relief in football, be it wacky celebrations, or trying to piss off the league, just for the fun of it. His whole wanting to leave Cinci thing was kinda pathetic, but overall his off the field stuff just makes me laugh. He hasn't been in trouble with the law as far as I remember, his stunts are mostly harmless, and causes a few of the more lighthearted moments of the serious Sunday matchups.

That said, I wouldn't want his media grabbing in Houston....just any other team is fine by me.

Carr Bombed
09-23-2009, 08:12 PM

Dont compare AJ to him. Chad has had real talent around him Palmer, Housh and what used to be a good OL.

Chad is a glory hound who is all about the money. He could care less about winning.

:rolleyes: the lack of playoff success doesn't really have much to do with Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him Ochocinco), it has more to do with him having the most injury prone QB in the league (that's right.....more injury prone than Schaub, yet the media never talks about it) and being surrounded by nothing, but thugs and criminals over the last couple of years. (which Chad Johnson was not one of them) Infact that's also the reason why he's 0-1 in the playoffs.....the Bengals probably would've beat the Steelers in that game if Palmer didn't go down with a knee injury.

This is STILL a team sport and the Bengals haven't exactly been having great "team" success lately. There's plenty of stuff to rag on Chad about without pinning the whole debacle known as the "Bengals" on him too.

After all, Andre is probably the best WR in the league and he's never even had a winning season with this team.

kastofsna
09-23-2009, 08:16 PM
I never hear about him at all, and I have to say, football's pretty good without him.

yeah, it's like saying "sex would be pretty boring without all the bondage and s&m."

um no, you're still having sex. the extra stuff is unnecessary.

Texecutioner
09-23-2009, 08:22 PM

I disagree. I think his antics are silly and childish. Changing your name to some Spanish number has got to be one of the dopiest things to do. He's just a guy that cries for attention every other day, and is a diva WR that is more trouble than he is worth.

And the sport isn't dull at all without him. He was non existent last season and the it was a great season for football. He doesn't make anything better to me.

What makes football exciting to me is to see a guy like Ray Lewis and what a great leader he is and the amazing plays he makes like he did last week, or how what amazing plays Troy Polumolu makes. I don't need to clown behavior and the silly show boating for it to be interesting and entertaining to me.

steelbtexan
09-23-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah, it's like saying "sex would be pretty boring without all the bondage and s&m."

Bringing it home

LOL

Carr Bombed
09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Changing your name to some Spanish number has got to be one of the dopiest things to do.

I've seen worse.....

Signed,

World B. Free

:)

steelbtexan
09-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Palmer was a great QB until he hurt his knee.

Chad Johnson wouldn't make a pimple on AJ's or Randy Moss A** . IMO

Carr Bombed
09-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Palmer was a great QB until he hurt his knee.

Chad Johnson wouldn't make a pimple on AJ's or Randy Moss A** . IMO

From 2003-07 Chad was right there with the other elite WOs in this league. He's a annoying little child, but that still doesn't mean he wasn't a great player when he was on top of his game.

Dread-Head
09-23-2009, 09:02 PM

A tall Russian woman clad in a black leather mini skirt, matching biker jacket and a smile...and I night I won't forget. I regret ...NOTHING! I'll bet your favorite ice cream flavor is plain vanilla too right?

Dread-Head
09-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I disagree. I think his antics are silly and childish. Changing your name to some Spanish number has got to be one of the dopiest things to do. He's just a guy that cries for attention every other day, and is a diva WR that is more trouble than he is worth.

And the sport isn't dull at all without him. He was non existent last season and the it was a great season for football. He doesn't make anything better to me.

What makes football exciting to me is to see a guy like Ray Lewis and what a great leader he is and the amazing plays he makes like he did last week, or how what amazing plays Troy Polumolu makes. I don't need to clown behavior and the silly show boating for it to be interesting and entertaining to me.

Every sport needs the occasional Clown Prince...I agree with you on the other stuff.

Hervoyel
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM

I loved football before all these attention whores showed up and I'll love it when (hopefully) they go away. I just can't agree with you on this one Dread.

Double Barrel
09-23-2009, 09:33 PM

yeah, I never understand the perspective that showboats and big mouths make football interesting. The game itself is really all that matters, and the rest of the stuff is ancillary and irrelevant, IMO.

I've got no problem if others enjoy whatever, but it's game play that interests me. But as always, to each his own. I do understand that it's all entertainment at the end of the day.

I feel the same way about plays on the field. Ray Lewis busting through the line to end the game the other day was powerful. His energy translates to what you see on the field. He doesn't need to plan out any celebrations in the mirror, and what you see when he's pumped up is pure and spontaneous.

I've always admired the way Earl went about it. His attitude was act like you've been there before and will be there again. He just handed the ball to the ref and did not need individual spotlight time in a team sport.

GuerillaBlack
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
:rolleyes: the lack of playoff success doesn't really have much to do with Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him Ochocinco), it has more to do with him having the most injury prone QB in the league (that's right.....more injury prone than Schaub, yet the media never talks about it) and being surrounded by nothing, but thugs and criminals over the last couple of years. (which Chad Johnson was not one of them) Infact that's also the reason why he's 0-1 in the playoffs.....the Bengals probably would've beat the Steelers in that game if Palmer didn't go down with a knee injury.

This is STILL a team sport and the Bengals haven't exactly been having great "team" success lately. There's plenty of stuff to rag on Chad about without pinning the whole debacle known as the "Bengals" on him too.

After all, Andre is probably the best WR in the league and he's never even had a winning season with this team.

Agreed.

And I think Chad Johnson/Ochocinco is funny. The league is dull without him. He's the Ron Artest of the NFL.

Dread-Head
09-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I loved football before all these attention whores showed up and I'll love it when (hopefully) they go away. I just can't agree with you on this one Dread.

"Attention whores?" Are you serious? This game has always been ripe with attention whores. Al Davis, "Broadway" Joe Namath, "Hollywood" Henderson, Brian Bosworth, Jim McMahon, Michael Irwin, Jerry Glanville, and lest we forget Deion "Prime Time" Sanders aka Neon Deion all did the EXACT same thing Johnson is doing. Thing is when they did it, they were merely called "flamboyant." Yeah I know you're going to argue that all of those guys were better athletes than Chad "Ocho-cinco/Johnson" and you're probably right, I am however saying that the game has to have at least one colorful character every now and again.
Perhaps they're superfluous as many on this thread seem to think, but i think they're fun. That's all I'M saying.

chicagotexan2
09-24-2009, 09:25 AM
This clown is even more annoying than Terrell Owens. He is a buffoon and clown. I don't think he's a bad guy like Ray Lewis, Vick or Pacman but he is a big DB.

HoustonFrog
09-24-2009, 09:39 AM
"Attention whores?" Are you serious? This game has always been ripe with attention whores. Al Davis, "Broadway" Joe Namath, "Hollywood" Henderson, Brian Bosworth, Jim McMahon, Michael Irwin, Jerry Glanville, and lest we forget Deion "Prime Time" Sanders aka Neon Deion all did the EXACT same thing Johnson is doing. Thing is when they did it, they were merely called "flamboyant." Yeah I know you're going to argue that all of those guys were better athletes than Chad "Ocho-cinco/Johnson" and you're probably right, I am however saying that the game has to have at least one colorful character every now and again.
Perhaps they're superfluous as many on this thread seem to think, but i think they're fun. That's all I'M saying.

Don't forget Billy White Shoes, Butch Johnson, Icky Woods, etc, etc. I enjoy it when people bring their own special flair to the game. It becomes annoying when they think they are larger than the game. So I'm all for celebrations and fun adding to the game. You are right...it has been around with "colorful characters" since the early days. BUT they can take it too far and Ochos act got old when he stopped being a hard playing player who was funny and became a whiner who stopped playing hard because the team fell on bad times.

Dread-Head
09-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Don't forget Bill White Shoes, Butch Johnson, Icky Woods, etc, etc. I enjoy it when people bring their own special flair to the game. It becomes annoying when they think they are larger than the game. So I'm all for celebrations and fun adding to the game. You are right...it has been around with "colorful characters" since the early days. BUT they can take it too far and Ochos act got old when he stopped being a hard playing player who was funny and became a whiner who stopped playing hard because the team fell on bad times.

How could I forget Billy "White Shoes" Johnson and Butch Johnson! I hated the later of the two but those guys had a flair.