PDA

View Full Version : Texans not one of the most surprising victories of week 2

TheRealJoker
09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
According to the poll currently on www.nfl.com: Is this a case of the national media finally giving us respect or just overlooking us yet again? I'm thinking its the latter :(

Watch Playbook on NFL Network at 6 p.m. ET.

Which was the most surprising win in Week 2?
Raiders over Chiefs, 13-10
Bears over Steelers, 17-14
Jets over Patriots, 16-9
Bengals over Packers, 31-24

Blake
09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I dont understand how a 9-7 team from last year, beating a disassembled Patriots team is very surprising.

Also the Raiders over the Cheifs. Who wasnt expecting that???

Bengals over Pack, and Texans over Titans was the most shocking.

HTown2ATX
09-23-2009, 03:22 PM
It's a case of us being ignored which is A OK by me. I want this team to play with the "us vs. the world mentality" anyway and we should all know by now that most media outlets, no matter what the subject matter, are nothing but shills and empty suits and skirts. Pay no mind to them.

By far the most "shocking" had to be our game and the Bengals game IMO.

infantrycak
09-23-2009, 03:54 PM
So you are wanting to be listed as a surprising win and asking for respect at the same time.

How about the respect comes in the form of not being listed as a surprising win?

NitroGSXR
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
So you are wanting to be listed as a surprising win and asking for respect at the same time.

How about the respect comes in the form of not being listed as a surprising win?

*erp*

That's just not what I was thinking at all. I was carrying over us guaranteed to lose after that Jets debacle and wanted respect for beating the Titans despite the odds. I actually complained about this in another thread yesterday.

My bad.

Thanks for setting me straight! I like it a lot!

:texflag:

Texans_bull
09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Its OK if they don't recognize us now... but just wait and see they will have no choice to be talking about us later this year....

Because I BELIEVE In our team this year... We will Shock the World... :texflag:

Norg
09-23-2009, 05:26 PM
cicny over packers was no surprise i knew cincy would be good this year and we are going to have a heck of a time plaing them at there house

Radiers vs Cheifs people cared about this game a divison game big woop LOL

TO me Bears over the mighty steelers was the most surprise game

Double Barrel
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
It was the most surprising win of the week TO ME! :shocked :texflag:

TEXANS84
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I dont understand how a 9-7 team from last year, beating a disassembled Patriots team is very surprising.

Rookie head coach, rookie quarterback. National coverage on a very hyped up game.

NitroGSXR
09-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Rookie head coach, rookie quarterback. National coverage on a very hyped up game.

As well as the inclusion of Tom Brady who missed last season with the leg.

Goldensilence
09-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Not to mention Rex Ryan talking before the game.

I thought the Move up for Sanchez was a mistake, but looks like he's been smart enough to understand he doesn't have to go out there and win games on his own. Must be nice to be able to trust your defense.

HTown2ATX
09-23-2009, 10:03 PM

Too true that is the reason why that game got so much love! I think my head may explode if I see much more media man love for Sanchez the magic quarterback from USC who never did a G-Damn thing in college and has done mostly dink and dunk passes and been on the winning side 2x's. Well, he must be the second frickin coming of Joe frickin Montana I guess!:gun:

I don't know if it's just the coverage, Sanchez himself or a combination of the two, but I want to see a D shut him down and someone Sergio Kendall his ass like Taylor Potts (spelling on both?) over the weekend! I don't wanna see the kid get hurt, but for the love of GOD, someone on D give this kid a "Welcome to the NFL" moment and make him sniff the smelling salt!! Then maybe the leg humping bonanza by the media will slow down some. JEEZ!!:gun::gun::gun:

Double Barrel
09-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Well, for at least one more week we need to root for Sanchez and the Jets. I would love to see the Titans start their season 0-3!

HTown2ATX
09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, for at least one more week we need to root for Sanchez and the Jets. I would love to see the Titans start their season 0-3!

:goodpost:

LOL....forgot about that.

Any team that can make the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain look bad, I'll root for LOL!

OK....any further games that the Jets have against the rest of the AFC South...."Go J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!"

(But AFC South teams, please feel free to rag doll Sanchez the magic QB a few times!)

mussop
09-23-2009, 11:25 PM
cicny over packers was no surprise i knew cincy would be good this year and we are going to have a heck of a time plaing them at there house

Then you were the only one. I dont know anyone that thought Cinci had a chance against GB.